Author Topic: marijuana and lifting  (Read 4902 times)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: marijuana and lifting
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
Never smoked hash/weed before a workout (BTW, i allmost never do anyway) but there have been a few occasions when i have had an extremely stressfull day and i have taken some xanax before the gym and i think it helped me to focus a bit more and it also helped me to get to the gym in the first place. When extremely stressed out (due to work or what ever)... If anyone has ever done this or will do it, i'd say 1 mg is an ok dose, certainly no more than that. As far as uppers go, when i was younger e/c/a was great before the gym, but these days it just makes me feel "jittery and nervous".
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
You guys must be smoking some crap weed if you can work out on it. Back in the day when I did that I didn't want to do anything other than eat.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
You guys must be smoking some crap weed if you can work out on it. Back in the day when I did that I didn't want to do anything other than eat.

Ya i agree, though some here claim it energizes them. ???

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 01:58:18 PM »

actually i think its the opposite. when i smoke some shitty regs i immediately get a burnt and tired feeling, and would much rather be on the couch than in the gym. but when i smoke some good shit, my mind is stimulated, thoughts are going through my head, and it takes a while for me to get burnt. i just hit my bong a few times before my last arm workout the other day, and it was great! every set i did until failure, focusing and meditating with my eyes closed, inviting the pain and burn. i kept going and going with forced reps and some drop sets, never wanting the set to end. AWESOME WORKOUT.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »
actually i think its the opposite. when i smoke some shitty regs i immediately get a burnt and tired feeling, and would much rather be on the couch than in the gym. but when i smoke some good shit, my mind is stimulated, thoughts are going through my head, and it takes a while for me to get burnt. i just hit my bong a few times before my last arm workout the other day, and it was great! every set i did until failure, focusing and meditating with my eyes closed, inviting the pain and burn. i kept going and going with forced reps and some drop sets, never wanting the set to end. AWESOME WORKOUT.

I would love to experience that but the stronger it is the less focused and aggressive i would be, it's a total distraction. I'm guessing that's the majority. Uppers would be a better choice.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »
I use to smoke all the time in high school and be able to train heavy no problem. Nowadays it just gets me lightheaded especially on leg day or doing deads. Maybe if you're doing a light day or just sticking to bi's and tri's it can help with concentration.

BigMenace

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
I can't do it before  a lift.  Afterward always... :)

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
I use to smoke all the time in high school and be able to train heavy no problem. Nowadays it just gets me lightheaded especially on leg day or doing deads. Maybe if you're doing a light day or just sticking to bi's and tri's it can help with concentration.

used to be the same for me but mostly in college...today i can barely handle two hits and to think about going to the gym after smoking ha, yeah right

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:41 PM »
Why don't you do your cardio stoned, dipshits..

GHB and Perc b4 a workout is the only way to work.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 08:14:35 AM »
Mary J lowers testosterone and raises estrogen. 

RamJam

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 09:20:11 AM »

Wouldn't smoking before a workout make it hard to breathe during?

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Why don't you do your cardio stoned, dipshits..

GHB and Perc b4 a workout is the only way to work.
''

every now and then...a perc can really help sometimes

Bleed4IT

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 08:17:14 AM »
Did back the other day after smoking, lovin the pump and it feels like I can concentrate better on working out the muscles I have targeted. However I will admit I was always 1-2 reps short on my last 2 sets or each exercise compared to my norm but again, the pump really was staying with me. So in conclusion: no way would I "everyday it" but I think I will do it once a month to keep things interesting.

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 10:55:50 AM »
The science says the weed is a depressant therefore it's of no use prior to a workout. If you are young you might like it, but other than that if you use it, it should be strictly after (helps you eat)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »
The science says the weed is a depressant hallucinogen therefore it's of no use prior to a workout. If you are young you might like it, but other than that if you use it, it should be strictly after (helps you eat)
Fixed. 

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
Fixed. 

sorry Brother! I was working from info from my 5th grade in 1975

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
sorry Brother! I was working from info from my 5th grade in 1975
Actually don't feel bad bro.  Although it is a hallucinogen aka an "all arounder" there is debate on if it has a stimulant effect or a depressant effect.  It can have either depending on the user and there current emotional state at the time of use.  So you were not completely off. 

jodster35

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
works great a few puffs before  puts you in the zone great work outs if anybody says different thay are queer and stupid

jason_deluxe

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »
works great a few puffs before  puts you in the zone great work outs if anybody says different thay are queer and stupid

Well that certainly settles it.  ::)

Ignoring idiots like the above and being serious, I suppose anything in moderation wouldn't be too deleterious.

However, it's hard to imagine weed being beneficial to actual (not perceived) performance.

Jizzacked

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »
cue chainsaw going on about his preworkout routine of smoking 27 joints, giant snowball of cocaine and 144 beers.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »
The science says the weed is a depressant therefore it's of no use prior to a workout. If you are young you might like it, but other than that if you use it, it should be strictly after (helps you eat)

Agree. It relaxes you big time and all you want to do after a good smoke is eat and kick back to watch a trippy movie or whatever. When I train, I want to be focused and tense, so I can lift hard and heavy. So I'd take some caffeine pills with strong black coffee to get a good kick. After training, when you want to relax and eat, smoking is great cause it makes you eat more and sleep better / deeper for longer.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »
Sativa Vs. Indica

Major difference...

Sativa =much more energetic and you can get shit done

Indica=much more relaxed, zoned out feeling

Most of the weed grown has more indica strains because it grows faster...Pharmaceutical grown Sativa strain weed WILL NOT make you sit around and eat...

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Mary J lowers testosterone and raises estrogen. 
and I'd heard that mj & licorice were both effectively chemical castration.

Is that why the Dutch are so laid back?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »
Sativa Vs. Indica

Major difference...

Sativa =much more energetic and you can get shit done

Indica=much more relaxed, zoned out feeling

Most of the weed grown has more indica strains because it grows faster...Pharmaceutical grown Sativa strain weed WILL NOT make you sit around and eat...

very true. my freind has a bud card and gets sativa from the club.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »
Smoke afterward during the evening for a good nights sleep.

Weed before a workout especially if its a blunt make you pretty fucking weak.