Author Topic: Anyone got an XBOX360?  (Read 10311 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Anyone got an XBOX360?
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »
hahahahaa, personal name/bold faced type meltdown. ;D

;D ;D ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
I think the biggest difference is that there really aren't any games for the PS3, exclusively, that offer great online play.  The games for the Xbox, which are just ported to the PS3, such as the Call of Duty series, Gears of War (huge online community) series, Left for Dead (new but great co-op online play), Madden series, Halo 3 (biggest online game), all of these games were made for the Xbox, some exclusive and some are ported to the PS3, have massive online communities. 

Personally, the Xbox Live interface is much more developed and geared towards online play, especially the newly designed interface.  The PS3 has the same capabilities, but keeping track of friends, sending messages, getting online with specific friends into specific games is a much smoother experience on the Xbox than the PS3.
i dont think madden was made for xbox

ive had a ps3 for over a year...never play it. go skate call of duty (the new one) and madden 09 guitar hero (the new one) and two cordless controls .   id trade it for an xbox 360 and halo with internet hookup.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2009, 12:39:41 AM »
The only game i would buy a PS3 for is MGS4, the games and xbox live make the 360 so much better imo ;).

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
XBOX 360 RULES!!!! 

Too bad mine just died over the holidays so I couldn't play Left 4 Dead and I couldn't play it for the six days I just had off.  Talk about one pisssed off customer...the thing had to die on my vacation time. 

Other than that, yes, you have to pay for Xbox online.  You get so much more than playing online for it though.  Free demos, free news, previews, reviews, news, events, etc.  It's crazy what is available for the 360, plus now we have Netflix.  That is one sweet deal! 

I'm just sad that as all this new stuff is being released we will soon see the Xbox 720...Microsoft already has a patent on the name.  We will probably hear more talk about it in 2009, a preview of some hardware/console in 2010 and a release in either 2011 or 2012.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
XBOX 360 RULES!!!! 

Too bad mine just died over the holidays so I couldn't play Left 4 Dead and I couldn't play it for the six days I just had off.  Talk about one pisssed off customer...the thing had to die on my vacation time. 

Other than that, yes, you have to pay for Xbox online.  You get so much more than playing online for it though.  Free demos, free news, previews, reviews, news, events, etc.  It's crazy what is available for the 360, plus now we have Netflix.  That is one sweet deal! 

I'm just sad that as all this new stuff is being released we will soon see the Xbox 720...Microsoft already has a patent on the name.  We will probably hear more talk about it in 2009, a preview of some hardware/console in 2010 and a release in either 2011 or 2012.
Hi Bill Gates.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2009, 12:57:16 PM »
The only game i would buy a PS3 for is MGS4, the games and xbox live make the 360 so much better imo ;).

I borrowed a PS3 just to finish that series, and it was worth it.   The series was wrapped up beautifully.

I would never even consider buying a PS3 for it, though.  XBox 360 destroyed the PS3 in almost every aspect.

It was expected, though.   Nobody dominates the console wars for three straight generations.
Y