Author Topic: Do you think VICK will get picked up?  (Read 9533 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Do you think VICK will get picked up?
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
Murderers often begin killing animals before they kill people.  If you can devalue a loving animal and kill it, you can eventually do the same to a human.

I think it's actually serial killers that start with animals.  I seriously doubt Vick was going to start murdering people.  He was an idiot, but I don't think he was a potential murderer. 

body88

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
I think it's actually serial killers that start with animals.  I seriously doubt Vick was going to start murdering people.  He was an idiot, but I don't think he was a potential murderer. 

I don't either, but the behavior is what it is....sick and twisted.  There really is no excuse for killing and mutilating defensless animals that are smart enough to sense fear, and to experience a painfull death via beating and electrocution.

If You want to say that Vick has been punished enough for fighting dogs, I agree.  But to defend his actions beyond that is ridiculous (I'm not directing this towards you).  He beat and tortured Innocent animals for fun, for years!  It's no ones fault but his own.  If you were the CEO of Nike, would you want a guy who tortured animals to represent your brand?  A known dog fighter?  Would you feel good about giving him MILLIONS of dollars?  Vick's punishment is nones fault bit his own.  It's not black culture, it's not a mistake (a mistake is a one time thing Vick did this for years and tried to cover his tracks), it's Mike Vick (a college educated man) making his own bed, and now he has to sleep in it.  Not only did Vick force dogs to fight till the death for years, he shot, beat, mutilated, strangled and electrocuted dogs for fun.  Fuck that piece of garbage.  I'd say the same about anyone found guilty of the same crime.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »
I doubt he will be a major murderer but I wouldn't be surprised if he shot someone some day.
Squishy face retard

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
So Southern white or White Supremacist culture of killing minorities is okay?  Just saying....

I heard ostrich is good.

No.
I too, differentiate animals from humans.

I tried to point to "devalue". Somewhere dog is not an domestic animal.

Bunnies are lovable but still people shoot them and eat them.

Not torture though...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
I don't either, but the behavior is what it is....sick and twisted.  There really is no excuse for killing and mutilating defensless animals that are smart enough to sense fear, and to experience a painfull death via beating and electrocution.

If You want to say that Vick has been punished enough for fighting dogs, I agree.  But to defend his actions beyond that is ridiculous (I'm not directing this towards you).  He beat and tortured Innocent animals for fun, for years!  It's no ones fault but his own.  If you were the CEO of Nike, would you want a guy who tortured animals to represent your brand?  A known dog fighter?  Would you feel good about giving him MILLIONS of dollars?  Vick's punishment is nones fault bit his own.  It's not black culture, it's not a mistake (a mistake is a one time thing Vick did this for years and tried to cover his tracks), it's Mike Vick (a college educated man) making his own bed, and now he has to sleep in it.  Not only did Vick force dogs to fight till the death for years, he shot, beat, mutilated, strangled and electrocuted dogs for fun.  Fuck that piece of garbage.  I'd say the same about anyone found guilty of the same crime.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for him, but just a couple clarifications.  He apparently didn't personally torture and kill dogs.  Also, he has paid a penalty that is more severe than for some who have actually killed people.  If he is truly repentant, then given his punishment, I hope he returns the NFL and has a successful career.  It's not like he some special class of criminal (e.g., rapist, child molester, etc.).     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
I doubt he will be a major murderer but I wouldn't be surprised if he shot someone some day.

I'm sure that's possible, but the overwhelming majority of NFL millionaires don't shoot people. 

body88

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:53 AM »
I don't have a lot of sympathy for him, but just a couple clarifications.  He apparently didn't personally torture and kill dogs.  Also, he has paid a penalty that is more severe than for some who have actually killed people.  If he is truly repentant, then given his punishment, I hope he returns the NFL and has a successful career.  It's not like he some special class of criminal (e.g., rapist, child molester, etc.).     

He did.  There is absolutly no way to defend this scumbag.  Saying that what he did is part of black culture or trying to claim dogs are not as important as people does not change the fact that he did sick and twisted things to dogs who would not fight till the death.  Vick knew better, he went to college for crying out loud.  Again, I hope he never plays another down in the NFL again.....and if he does, I hope someone makes him feel a fraction of the pain one of the dogs he hung did.  Sick shit.

In Virginia facing state dogfighting charges, Vick's involvement revealedComment Email Print By Kelly Naqi
ESPN.com
Archive
Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick placed family pet dogs into a ring and his trained pit bulls "caused major injuries" to the pets at Bad Newz Kennels, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report released on Friday.

The 17-page report, prepared by the USDA's inspector general-investigations division, provided some new details on Vick's participation in Bad Newz Kennels, the dogfighting operation financed by Vick and formed along with his friends Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

Michael Vick, arriving to federal court in August 2007, is isolated at the Riverside Regional Jail in Virginia to avoid disruptions. The report, dated Aug. 28, 2008, says, "Vick, Peace and Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs." The report has names and phrases redacted in order to protect the anonymity of certain individuals who cooperated with investigators.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

Vick initially told authorities "while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs," but "helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side," according to the report.

However, the report says Vick took back that statement when he failed a polygraph test. "Vick failed the examination as it related to the killing of the dogs in April 2007. Ultimately, Vick recanted his previous statement wherein he said he was not actually involved in the killing of six to eight dogs. ... Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs."

Vick, the report says, paid someone whose name was redacted $100 to dig two graves for the dog carcasses. "Based on past circumstances," the report says, "Phillips and Peace did not like [Vick] to do any type of work that could injure him and jeopardize his NFL contract." When the person who dug the graves refused to bury the animals, the report says, Vick, Peace and Phillips buried the dogs themselves.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence in a minimum-security federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., on a conspiracy charge relating to the interstate dogfighting operation he helped run on a property he owned in Surry County, Va. Vick is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2009.

Vick is currently being held in protective custody at Riverside Regional Jail in Hopewell, Va., until his hearing on Tuesday in Surry County Circuit Court to plead guilty to two state charges related to dogfighting.

The state charges -- one count of torturing and killing dogs and one count of promoting dogfighting -- each carry a maximum prison term of five years. But under the terms of his plea agreement, Vick is expected to receive a three-year suspended prison term and a $2,500 fine (which would be suspended if he pays court costs and maintains good behavior for four years).

By resolving the pending state charges, Vick would qualify to participate in the Federal Bureau of Prisons re-entry program, which could enable him to serve part of the remainder of his federal sentence in a halfway house.

According to the Bureau of Prisons, in 2007, for inmates who qualified, the average length of their time served at a halfway house was three months.

Vick, who was once the NFL's highest-paid player, has been washing pots and pans for 12 cents an hour, according to Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who has said he's kept in touch with Vick through written correspondence.

Blank said Vick also told him he's passing the time and staying in shape by playing quarterback for both sides during prison football games. Vick, 28, is still under contract with the Falcons.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Vick indefinitely without pay on Aug. 24, 2007, and has said he will review the status of Vick's suspension following the conclusion of Vick's legal proceedings.

Vick's lawyers, the NFL and the Falcons were not immediately available for comment.

Kelly Naqi is a reporter for ESPN's Enterprise Unit and a correspondent for "Outside the Lines

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »
I hope he does... People ASSAULT other HUMAN BEINGS and get less time in Prison.

Hell, people have been convicted of MANSLAUGHTER and gotten less of a sentence.

I think a lot of people are trying to keep a black man down... It IS a southern culture thing... I'm not saying it's right, but it's a way of life for a lot of people and he was simply made an example of.

His punishment certainly did NOT fit the crime.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
He did.

In Virginia facing state dogfighting charges, Vick's involvement revealedComment Email Print By Kelly Naqi
ESPN.com
Archive
Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick placed family pet dogs into a ring and his trained pit bulls "caused major injuries" to the pets at Bad Newz Kennels, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report released on Friday.

The 17-page report, prepared by the USDA's inspector general-investigations division, provided some new details on Vick's participation in Bad Newz Kennels, the dogfighting operation financed by Vick and formed along with his friends Tony Taylor, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips.

Michael Vick, arriving to federal court in August 2007, is isolated at the Riverside Regional Jail in Virginia to avoid disruptions. The report, dated Aug. 28, 2008, says, "Vick, Peace and Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs." The report has names and phrases redacted in order to protect the anonymity of certain individuals who cooperated with investigators.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

Vick initially told authorities "while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs," but "helped Phillips toss several dogs to the side," according to the report.

However, the report says Vick took back that statement when he failed a polygraph test. "Vick failed the examination as it related to the killing of the dogs in April 2007. Ultimately, Vick recanted his previous statement wherein he said he was not actually involved in the killing of six to eight dogs. ... Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs."

Vick, the report says, paid someone whose name was redacted $100 to dig two graves for the dog carcasses. "Based on past circumstances," the report says, "Phillips and Peace did not like [Vick] to do any type of work that could injure him and jeopardize his NFL contract." When the person who dug the graves refused to bury the animals, the report says, Vick, Peace and Phillips buried the dogs themselves.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence in a minimum-security federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., on a conspiracy charge relating to the interstate dogfighting operation he helped run on a property he owned in Surry County, Va. Vick is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2009.

Vick is currently being held in protective custody at Riverside Regional Jail in Hopewell, Va., until his hearing on Tuesday in Surry County Circuit Court to plead guilty to two state charges related to dogfighting.

The state charges -- one count of torturing and killing dogs and one count of promoting dogfighting -- each carry a maximum prison term of five years. But under the terms of his plea agreement, Vick is expected to receive a three-year suspended prison term and a $2,500 fine (which would be suspended if he pays court costs and maintains good behavior for four years).

By resolving the pending state charges, Vick would qualify to participate in the Federal Bureau of Prisons re-entry program, which could enable him to serve part of the remainder of his federal sentence in a halfway house.

According to the Bureau of Prisons, in 2007, for inmates who qualified, the average length of their time served at a halfway house was three months.

Vick, who was once the NFL's highest-paid player, has been washing pots and pans for 12 cents an hour, according to Falcons owner Arthur Blank, who has said he's kept in touch with Vick through written correspondence.

Blank said Vick also told him he's passing the time and staying in shape by playing quarterback for both sides during prison football games. Vick, 28, is still under contract with the Falcons.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Vick indefinitely without pay on Aug. 24, 2007, and has said he will review the status of Vick's suspension following the conclusion of Vick's legal proceedings.

Vick's lawyers, the NFL and the Falcons were not immediately available for comment.

Kelly Naqi is a reporter for ESPN's Enterprise Unit and a correspondent for "Outside the Lines

That conflicts with the facts in his plea agreement.  http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0824/vicksummary.pdf

body88

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2009, 11:04:20 AM »
That conflicts with the facts in his plea agreement.  http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0824/vicksummary.pdf

His plea likely included the fact that he would not be named in torturing those dogs if he pleaded guilty and took the jail time.  he failed a polygraph and he had several of his partners state that he killed animals personally.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »
You're all a bunch of haters.

body88

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
I hope he does... People ASSAULT other HUMAN BEINGS and get less time in Prison.

Hell, people have been convicted of MANSLAUGHTER and gotten less of a sentence.

I think a lot of people are trying to keep a black man down... It IS a southern culture thing... I'm not saying it's right, but it's a way of life for a lot of people and he was simply made an example of.

His punishment certainly did NOT fit the crime.

I know plenty of people from the south, and they don't hang dogs and drown them in buckets of water for fun.  Of course Vick was made an example.  This is a guy who makes MILLIONS of dollars, and he is dumb enough to run a Tobit dogfighting ring out of one of his homes, and sick enough to kill animals with cruel forms of torture.  Vick is borderline retarded.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »

I know plenty of people from the south, and they don't hang dogs and drown them in buckets of water for fun.  Of course Vick was made an example.  This is a guy who makes MILLIONS of dollars, and he is dumb enough to run a Tobit dogfighting ring out of one of his homes, and sick enough to kill animals with cruel forms of torture.  Vick is borderline retarded.

You = hater because he was statistically one of the best QBs in the NFL.

body88

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
You = hater because he was statistically one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Don't waste your time with that type of thing on this board please.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
His plea likely included the fact that he would not be named in torturing those dogs if he pleaded guilty and took the jail time.  he failed a polygraph and he had several of his partners state that he killed animals personally.

His plea included whatever it says.  I guess it's possible he negotiated something regarding torturing dogs, but that's not what he was convicted of.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
Don't waste your time with that type of thing on this board please.

It's true man... He didn't KILL PEOPLE.

He was not convicted of killing a single dog... He got a punishment worse than MANSLAUGHTER.

Are you kidding me?

body88

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
His plea included whatever it says.  I guess it's possible he negotiated something regarding torturing dogs, but that's not what he was convicted of.  

I know, but he admitted to investigators that he partook in the killing of the dogs, failed the polygraph and had sworn statements written by his partners confirming the allegations.  The plea can be seen as public record, and Vick had that portion of his crime removed as part of his deal. 

body88

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2009, 11:55:38 AM »
It's true man... He didn't KILL PEOPLE.

He was not convicted of killing a single dog... He got a punishment worse than MANSLAUGHTER.

Are you kidding me?

The jig is up!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
As long as Al Davis has majority interest in the Raiders, and Jerry Jones is in Dallas, he has a chance.   ::)