Author Topic: Christopher Langan - The Smartest Man On Earth Is Jacked  (Read 86161 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Christopher Langan - The Smartest Man On Earth Is Jacked
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »
i dont get that, you have a gift for solving problems. You can solve very complex problems quickly . So why cant you solve the problem you just stated in your post?. How can you use your talent, your IQ, into a profession that makes money and provides some prestige?  What are the logical steps to get this completed.

Maybe the problem is you have a low EQ...I know people that are very smart but they are clueless in social situations and cannot read physical clues and emotions on other people, therefore they are not very employable because they cant get along with other people...is that your problem. I think they call it Aspergers Syndrome.

I can see your point here, but strangely I'm the opposite.  I've always been able to get on with people well, I'm easy going, and I pick up on emotions/body language easily.  I'm not the 'centre of attention' guy, but I'm OK in social situations.  I was a bit quiet in school, but working in bars and clubs soon changed that.

My lack of motivation is a different issue, it's not really something related to IQ at all.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
Actually, studies show that attractive people tend to be more intelligent than ugly people.
Tall people also tend to be more intelligent on average.
☠ Order of Nephilim

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
I bet the women at mensa are unfuckable.

High IQ + woman mind goes completely wrong

I must admit I have never gone to any Mensa related event.  They send you the monthly magazine when you're a member, but it used to bore the hell out of me.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
Actually, studies show that attractive people tend to be more intelligent than ugly people.

Maybe that's a class issue?  When I was at school, the scruffy kids with bad homes and no money generally did less well academically than the kids who had a stable home, with a reasonable income.  Plus the scruffy girls looked like crap, whereas the girls with a nice home life looked good.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2009, 06:15:45 PM »
It's definitely a class issue.

And lower class correlates with lower intelligence.
Guys with more money select attractive women as mates; women select tall, good-looking men with money as mates.
The poor often feed themselves with unhealthy foods causing obesity. This is compounded with the fact that,
they may well possess a metabolism adapted to places where food is a relative scarcity.

We're looking at a growing class divide:
On top there will be tall, rich and intelligent people;
on the bottom of the pyramid will be the trolls.

Now I think money correlates strongly with intelligence - up to a certain point.
I agree with the poster that said, and I'm paraphrasing,
"the elite of the super-intelligent people (160+ IQ) care more about expanding their knowledge of God(reality) more than material gain."

If that's the case, let's take for granted that they know what they're talking about and follow suit like good students.
☠ Order of Nephilim

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »

and why does this interest you? you're both small, short and ugly.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »
and why does this interest you? you're both small, short and ugly.

You're a troll, and I know who's primary account you belong to.   ;)
☠ Order of Nephilim

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
You're a troll, and I know who's primary account you belong to.   ;)

???

yeah sherlock holmes,  my account belongs to...me.

What a fucking moron.

The funny to me is that you obviously believe you dont belong to that "troll" class you describe lol.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
???

yeah sherlock holmes,  my account belongs to...me.

What a fucking moron.

The funny to me is that you obviously believe you dont belong to that "troll" class you describe lol.

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that I don't since both of my parents are educated and physically attractive.

☠ Order of Nephilim

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that I don't since both of my parents are educated and physically attractive.

then why are you small, short and sport a fugly busted face?

another thing, why if your parents are so educated and physically attractive (LOL? WTF? how old are they?) are you a fucking EMO TEEN? Talk about failing at raising your kids.

Hint:

-your parents arent "attractive" nor educated.
-you are not attractive nor educated.
-you live in a fantasy world.
-you're an emo fag loser.
-you are the troll you're speaking about but can't handle that fact.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2009, 06:54:11 PM »

onlyme laughs at this guys fashion sense

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »
then why are you small, short and sport a fugly busted face?

another thing, why if your parents are so educated and physically attractive (LOL? WTF? how old are they?) are you a fucking EMO TEEN? Talk about failing at raising your kids.

Hint:

-your parents arent "attractive" nor educated.
-you are not attractive nor educated.
-you live in a fantasy world.
-you're an emo fag loser.
-you are the troll you're speaking about but can't handle that fact.

2/5
☠ Order of Nephilim

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »
Ok...he did well on an IQ test but cant function in a university.  Kids as smart as he is suppose to be go through a university in 2yrs with summers. In fact....he is still young enough to finish at an elite university in 2yrs.

1. he attended Reed College and later Montana State University, but faced with finance and transportation problems, and believing that he "could literally teach [his professors] more than they could teach [him]", dropped out.

MIT would have been a challenge and given him a full ride including bus tokens and 3 meals daily

2.  Why isnt he a member of Mensa?

Again...seems to have a unique gift for Intelligence Quotient measurements.  Possible Savant syndrome in which he should be tested?

its not unusual for highly intelligent people to have problems with university for a number of reasons such as struggling with boredom, ethics, politics and the social pressures outside of the study such as those needed to earn or maintain an existence.

regarding mensa- IQ is the only measure required to get into that organisation. i know because im a member. you need an IQ of 135 minimum..and thats the only criteria.

so why isnt he a member then?

its a good question.  and who measured his iq at 195?...if it is then thats insane. the most brilliant people rarely get over 150.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
its not unusual for highly intelligent people to have problems with university for a number of reasons such as struggling with boredom, ethics, politics and the social pressures outside of the study such as those needed to earn or maintain an existence.

regarding mensa- IQ is the only measure required to get into that organisation. i know because im a member. you need an IQ of 135 minimum..and thats the only criteria.

its a good question.  and who measured his iq at 195?...if it is then thats insane. the most brilliant people rarely get over 150.

you're only the third guy in this thread to tell us you 're a mensa member.  ::)

Oh man, getbig is a riot.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »

He's not a member of Mensa because he's a member of Mega - which has much higher standards.
☠ Order of Nephilim

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »
i dont get that, you have a gift for solving problems. You can solve very complex problems quickly . So why cant you solve the problem you just stated in your post?. How can you use your talent, your IQ, into a profession that makes money and provides some prestige?  What are the logical steps to get this completed.

Maybe the problem is you have a low EQ...I know people that are very smart but they are clueless in social situations and cannot read physical clues and emotions on other people, therefore they are not very employable because they cant get along with other people...is that your problem. I think they call it Aspergers Syndrome.

one of the issues is that if you couldnt stick at university for whatever reason- it means you didnt get that piece of paper that employers are looking for..hence no foot in the door. No entry, harder to progress..

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2009, 07:04:58 PM »
you're only the third guy in this thread to tell us you 're a mensa member.  ::)

Oh man, getbig is a riot.

whatever moron. i love to point out that i am smarter than 999/1000 others because i know its true.. hence i call people morons ALOT.

and its cool to watch them squirm when they try to find comebacks.

fwiw i obtained mine in 1989 after high school and socred 141. it got me into the australian defence force academy also. i didnt do genuis wise great at high school or uni- and got into lotsa trouble.

wrt the "3" people who claim mensa in this thread. since 135 is 2% of the population then i cant see why 3 out of all the views is unreasonable. in fact its just about spot on.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »
yes in space with the falcon doing low gravity bench pressing

HAHA
S

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
whatever moron. i love to point out that i am smarter than 999/1000 others because i know its true.. hence i call people morons ALOT.

and its cool to watch them squirm when they try to find comebacks.

fwiw i obtained mine in 1989 after high school and socred 141. it got me into the australian defence force academy also. i didnt do genuis wise great at high school or uni- and got into lotsa trouble.

wrt the "3" people who claim mensa in this thread. since 135 is 2% of the population then i cant see why 3 out of all the views is unreasonable. in fact its just about spot on.

i still dont understand why you mensa guys cannot translate that talent into being the elite of the world. You guys should be hanging out with powerful people solving the worlds problems. How is that many accomplish nothing?

I think the govt should take you guys and give you special training to tap into that potential. Figure out how to use it to help the world.  It is like an untapped resource that we are just sitting on.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
i still dont understand why you mensa guys cannot translate that talent into being the elite of the world. You guys should be hanging out with powerful people solving the worlds problems. How is that many accomplish nothing?

I think the govt should take you guys and give you special training to tap into that potential. Figure out how to use it to help the world.  It is like an untapped resource that we are just sitting on.

As long as they pay me a decent salary, I'm in!

Seriously though, I do feel like I could do anything if I wanted to.  It's just that most of the time I don't want to.  I'm kind of happy with my life as it is.  More money, big house, nice car would be great, and I think I'll have that one day, but at the moment, I'm OK.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 09:01:14 PM »
As long as they pay me a decent salary, I'm in!

Seriously though, I do feel like I could do anything if I wanted to.  It's just that most of the time I don't want to.  I'm kind of happy with my life as it is.  More money, big house, nice car would be great, and I think I'll have that one day, but at the moment, I'm OK.

do you feel any responsiblity to use your gift to solve societal problems?  I mean if there are only 2 percent of people with this talent it cant really be squandered on 'I just dont feel like it right now."   ANd is it right to just use it to make yourself money whenever you feel like it?  (not trying to bust your balls)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »

Malcolm Gladwell discussed this on Charlie Rose when promoting Outliers.  Its possible that incredibly intelligent people are much too aware of the sacrifice that it takes to achieve great heights, therefore they figure that the risk outweighs the reward.  A lot of great success stems from incredible tenacity bordering on insanity.  Some people just aren't down for that regardless of how smart they are.  Also, incredibly intelligent people can be incredibly indecisive.  I know I am, ha.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 09:31:28 PM »
im obsessed with this because I have worked for brilliant Ivy Leaguers with high IQ's and I have worked for Joe Schmoes and I can tell you the IVy Leaguers can really make things happen. They solve problems quickly and efficiently and it rubs off on the whole office and everything runs smoother and everyone is way more happy. THey are not petty, emotional and do not care about power plays or blaming others...it is way more civilized.

Sorry to say this but we need more of these high IQ types or at least not squander the ones we have....I dont think they should have power per say but they should definitley be used to solve problems . The world would be a much better place....true story.

I am currently working for a Joe Schmoe and it sucks big time.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
Malcolm Gladwell discussed this on Charlie Rose when promoting Outliers.  Its possible that incredibly intelligent people are much too aware of the sacrifice that it takes to achieve great heights, therefore they figure that the risk outweighs the reward.  A lot of great success stems from incredible tenacity bordering on insanity.  Some people just aren't down for that regardless of how smart they are.  Also, incredibly intelligent people can be incredibly indecisive.  I know I am, ha.

well something should be done to court these people so it would be worth it for them, although this is bordering on communism making an elite class of people...ironicly we need a solution to this problem   ;D, and maybe that is something you and the other mensa's can come up with  ;D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
do you feel any responsiblity to use your gift to solve societal problems?  I mean if there are only 2 percent of people with this talent it cant really be squandered on 'I just dont feel like it right now."   ANd is it right to just use it to make yourself money whenever you feel like it?  (not trying to bust your balls)

I'm quite conscientious about society and people around me.  If I see a guy getting beat up, I'll try and help.  Last Christmas I saw a guy stealing stuff from a pharmacy and I stopped him and kept hold of him til the police arrived (I was wearing my Tapout T-shirt...). 

I've always tried to have a positive affect on the people around me as well.