Author Topic: This weekend's best playoff games are on Sunday  (Read 5137 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: This weekend's best playoff games are on Sunday
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
there should be a rule where .500 teams don't make the playoffs when there are teams that have won 2 - 3 games more

no team should benefit that much for having a weak division

playoffs should be for the elite

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »
there should be a rule where .500 teams don't make the playoffs when there are teams that have won 2 - 3 games more

E

Stupid logic. If the Steelers ever won the AFC North division at 8-8, you wouldn't say shit. If the Ravens did it, I wouldn't give a flying fuck.

I think you're afraid of losing to the Chargers today and looking that much worse, if you ask me. ;D If an 8-8 team beats you today, what argument would you have about the playoffs being only for the elite?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »
Stupid logic. If the Steelers ever won the AFC North division at 8-8, you wouldn't say shit. If the Ravens did it, I wouldn't give a flying fuck.

I think you're afraid of losing to the Chargers today and looking that much worse, if you ask me. ;D

yes I would say they didn't belong

stupid is thinking .500 teams should be in the playoffs just becuase they won a shitty division

like i said before, i will be very upset to lose to a team that DOES NOT BELONG IN THE PLAYOFFS

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
yes I would say they didn't belong

stupid is thinking .500 teams should be in the playoffs just becuase they won a shitty division

like i said before, i will be very upset to lose to a team that DOES NOT BELONG IN THE PLAYOFFS

E

Ha! Bullshit.

Whatever you say, Earl. However way you qualify is how you get in. PERIOD. As soon as the playoffs start, everyone's record is 0-0. However way you got there is irrelevant because you are now part of the playoff tournament. Dude, get over it. San Diego is deserving of the playoffs and they will be a tough opponent today for the Steelers.

Ask of any your Steelers players if they feel San Diego is undeserving of being in the playoffs. Instead they would answer that they expect the Chargers to give them a good challenge. Just like the last game they played.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »
Whatever you say, Earl. However way you qualify is how you get in. PERIOD.

Ask of any your Steelers players if they feel San Diego is undeserving of being in the playoffs. Instead they would answer that they expect the Chargers to give them a good challenge. Just like the last game they played.

i never said they wouldn't give them a good challenge, all i'm saying is the regular season should count

if you win 11 games you should go to the playoffs over a team that won 8

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
i never said they wouldn't give them a good challenge, all i'm saying is the regular season should countif you win 11 games you should go to the playoffs over a team that won 8

E

It did count. They won 8 games in a division where that was good enough to win the division.

Discussion over. Deal with it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »
It did count. They won 8 games in a division where that was good enough to win the division.

Discussion over. Deal with it.

awfully talkative all of a sudden, now that you're team has advanced

the system is flawed, it needs to be dealt with

E
E

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »

E

No!

If a team wins its division, it deserves to be in the playoffs, PERIOD.

Plus, look at what's happened so far.

8-8 San Diego just KNOCKED OUT 12-4 Indy.

And, 9-7 Arizona (from the weak NFC West) just eliminated the 11-5 Atlanta Falcons and 12-4 Carolina Panthers.

Plus, lest you forget, in 2004, two 8-8 teams (St. Louis and Minnesota) advanced to the divisional round, at the expense of the champs from their respective divisions (Seattle and Green Bay).

New England Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs for two simple reasons:

1) The Patriots didn't win the AFC East (Miami did, via a tiebreaker).

2) They weren't the best wildcard; Indy was 12-4 and Baltimore had the tiebreaker on them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »
No!

If a team wins its division, it deserves to be in the playoffs, PERIOD.

Plus, look at what's happened so far.

8-8 San Diego just KNOCKED OUT 12-4 Indy.

And, 9-7 Arizona (from the weak NFC West) just eliminated the 11-5 Atlanta Falcons and 12-4 Carolina Panthers.

Plus, lest you forget, in 2004, two 8-8 teams (St. Louis and Minnesota) advanced to the divisional round, at the expense of the champs from their respective divisions (Seattle and Green Bay).

New England Patriots didn't make it to the playoffs for two simple reasons:

1) The Patriots didn't win the AFC East (Miami did, via a tiebreaker).

2) They weren't the best wildcard; Indy was 12-4 and Baltimore had the tiebreaker on them.

the system is flawed when an 8 win team gets in over an 11 win team

teams should not be rewarded for playing in lousy divisions

it will all be a moot point when the steelers win today, but still the chargers don't belong

E
E

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »
the system is flawed when an 8 win team gets in over an 11 win team

teams should not be rewarded for playing in lousy divisions

it will all be a moot point when the steelers win today, but still the chargers don't belong

E

No, the system isn't flawed.

Again, there are three teams, each with at least 11 wins that are SITTING AT HOME, having lost to teams with 8 or 9 wins.

And, if the score holds, a fourth team may be joining them.

Saying that a division champion doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs is ridiculous. They did what they had to do to get to the tournament. All the football experts thought SD and Arizona would get clobbered in the first round. But Arizona is in the conference championship and San Diego is in the divisonal round.

New England doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. They didn't win their division and they weren't the best wildcard. Do they deserve to go over 12-4 Indy? NO!

Do they deserve to go over Baltimore, who had a conference/head-to-head tiebreaker on them? NO!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »
awfully talkative all of a sudden, now that you're team has advanced

the system is flawed, it needs to be dealt with

E

You wouldn't be? I'm happier than a pig rolling in shit right now.

The system is not flawed, Earl. It's just the way it goes in today's NFL. If the Chargers win today, do you think I'm going to bitch and whine because the Ravens have to go to San Diego? Do you think that I feel that just because the Ravens went 11-5 and the Chargers went 8-8, that the AFC Champoinship should be in Baltimore?

No, I don't feel that way at all. San Diego won their division and they deserve to host the AFC title game. The Ravens are a wildcard and the Chargers won the division. And they deserve to be in the playoffs. Again, what do you propose to solve this issue with the current playoff format. A whole lot of bitching on your part but not one solid opinion from you as to how to solve it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
yes i know any team that gets in the playoffs has a chance to win playoff games

only teams with winning records should be there

just because the chargers won their playoff game doesn't mean they deserve to be there, the system has to be changed

imagine an 8 -8 super bowl winning team, it would be a disgrace and would make the regular season look like a joke

E

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »
yes i know any team that gets in the playoffs has a chance to win playoff games

only teams with winning records should be there

just because the chargers won their playoff game doesn't mean they deserve to be there, the system has to be changed

imagine an 8 -8 super bowl winning team, it would be a disgrace and would make the regular season look like a joke

E

Request #3....What is your opinion as to how to change the system?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
You wouldn't be? I'm happier than a pig rolling in shit right now.

The system is not flawed, Earl. It's just the way it goes in today's NFL. If the Chargers win today, do you think I'm going to bitch and whine because the Ravens have to go to San Diego? Do you think that I feel that just because the Ravens went 11-5 and the Chargers went 8-8, that the AFC Champoinship should be in Baltimore?

No, I don't feel that way at all. San Diego won their division and they deserve to host the AFC title game. The Ravens are a wildcard and the Chargers won the division. And they deserve to be in the playoffs.

And it's really obvious that you're nervous about today's game. ;D

the system is flawed, clearly the nfl is starting to feel the same because in the offseason they were considering having teams with the best record host playoff games, that would've meant wildcard teams hosting playoff games if they had a better record than a division winner

and i never denied being nervous about this game, i think the steelers will win but yeah i'm nervous

steelers are at full strength, chargers are missing LT, gates is banged up and their best receiver got a dui

steelers should win but i'm definitely nervous

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »
Request #3....What is your opinion as to how to change the system?

have teams with 10+ victories get in over teams with .500 records

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »

E

That doesn't solve anything. By your logic, you're saying that a wildcard team with 10+ victories derserves to go to the playoffs instead of a division winner with less victories(who in this case, happened to finish .500). There are currently six playoffs spots per conference. So basically, you're saying that New England deserved to take San Diego's spot in the playoffs, right? So that means no one wins the AFC West, right? Or do you mean that you can win your division, you just can't get a spot in the dance.

I just want to be sure that this what you're saying.......because if that's what you're saying, then you're coming of as looking really stupid right now. No need for me to stand in your way, Earl....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

E

Based on what?

The Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Titans, and now the Giants all had at least 11 wins.......THEY HAVE ALL BEEN ELIMINATED!!!!

In fact, the Panthers and Giants got BEAT DOWN BY 9-win teams.

And, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time that a Super Bowl team will have less than 10 wins in the regular season.

NFC Championship:  Eagles (9-6-1) at Cardinals (9-7)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
Pretty crazy that the Arizona Cardinals will host the NFC Championship game. I think the Cardinals win this game and get to the Superbowl. What do you think about that??? :o :o :o :o :o

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
the system is flawed, clearly the nfl is starting to feel the same because in the offseason they were considering having teams with the best record host playoff games, that would've meant wildcard teams hosting playoff games if they had a better record than a division winner

and i never denied being nervous about this game, i think the steelers will win but yeah i'm nervous

steelers are at full strength, chargers are missing LT, gates is banged up and their best receiver got a dui

steelers should win but i'm definitely nervous

E

That consideration got shot down.

Wildcard teams don’t get precedence over division champions.

Division champs come first; then the wildcard teams. New England didn't win their division and had a either a lesser record than or lost a tiebreaker to the wildcard teams.

10+ wins don't guarantee you anything and they certainly don't prove that a teams "deserves" to be in the playoffs. Again, 5 teams that made the playoffs with at least 10 wins ARE NOW GONE, eliminated by teams that had 9 wins or less.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 01:42:12 PM »
Pretty crazy that the Arizona Cardinals will host the NFC Championship game. I think the Cardinals win this game and get to the Superbowl. What do you think about that??? :o :o :o :o :o

Heck, we could conceivably see two teams with single-digit wins in the regular season do battle in the Super Bowl. If San Diego makes it, look out!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
I have to think Pittsburgh has this one in the bag playing at home but who knows what could happen.

Let's go Chargers!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »
I have to think Pittsburgh has this one in the bag playing at home but who knows what could happen.

Let's go Chargers!!!

NOBODY has a game in the bag. The top 2 seeds in the NFC and the top seed in the AFC are no more. Not to mention that Miami and Minnesota, who hosted the wildcard games went bye-bye.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
Damn i could get a ticket for the Cardinals playoff against the Eagles, but the prices are insane.

I think they have a solid shot to win. Alot of the "better" teams expected to contend are already out, i don't think many expected that.

body88

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »
I thought the chargers would put up more of a fight than that!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Damn i have to call tomorrow and see what i can do about getting a ticket here for the cards. :D

I think they have a solid shot to win. Alot of the "better" teams expected to contend are already out, i don't think many expected that.

They have more than a solid shot to win. I have them winning by at least 10 next week. I think Warner is going to go nuts with Fitzgerald and Boldin playing in the lineup next week.