Author Topic: 1974 - In the studio with Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 9727 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
1974 - In the studio with Arnold Schwarzenegger
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:53:04 AM »
Well, this will be my final thread on GetBig, as I'm "retiring" from posting on the board. It's been a good ride and I hope you all have enjoyed the contest and related threads as much as I have enjoyed posting them. Maybe johnny1 can start up some more to keep the Golden Era alive on GB. The physiques of the Golden Era were truly something special. Thanks to Pollux and johnny1 for the great shots of Arnold and co.

I'll go out with a photoshoot from arguably his biggest and best year - 1974.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: 1974 - In the studio with Arnold Schwarzenegger
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:57:44 AM »
:)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:04:14 AM »
"Looks like I can take you..."
"Keep looking."

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:10:57 AM »

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:19 AM »

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:22:29 AM »
Stay hungry!

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »
That's too bad, GoneAway. But thanks for all your help with those Arnold related issues via PMs, especially about Rolf Putziger!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:08:43 AM »
I seem to be in the minority, having always believed that '73 was THE year. '74 was just as good if slightly different, but i've always thought that the slight loss of hardness in '74 wasn't worth the extra size. Just my personal taste. I think it's '73 that Oliva would've had the most trouble with, because Oliva never had that degree of leaness.

Goneaway living up to his name..why not post occasionally, what's the reason for the departure? This board needs just a few like us to keep it interesting.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »
Well, this will be my final thread on GetBig, as I'm "retiring" from posting on the board. It's been a good ride and I hope you all have enjoyed the contest and related threads as much as I have enjoyed posting them. Maybe johnny1 can start up some more to keep the Golden Era alive on GB. The physiques of the Golden Era were truly something special. Thanks to Pollux and johnny1 for the great shots of Arnold and co.

I'll go out with a photoshoot from arguably his biggest and best year - 1974.
Hey where you going GoneAway? yourve been here for years on Getbig with a couple others reminding the under 30 somthings there actually where Awesome BBers b4 Ronnie and Dorian, you having a break or you sick? ??? ??? ???

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
GoneAway was definitely one of the biggest Arnold contributors on Getbig.

R.I.P.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:41 AM »
Pumpster, I also agree 1973 is his best year - if I had to choose. I used this photoshoot due to the depth of pics available and the fact that they were in full color; which gives a new perspective.

I'm not sick, just taking a long-term break from the internet. I love BBing to death and am grateful for simply being around while this sport exists. Not to mention taking a peak into what it once was.

This is officially my last post, since I just wanted to let you guys know everything is alright. Best wishes to you pumpster, johnny1, and Pollux.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
Pumpster, I also agree 1973 is his best year - if I had to choose. I used this photoshoot due to the depth of pics available and the fact that they were in full color; which gives a new perspective.

I'm not sick, just taking a long-term break from the internet. I love BBing to death and am grateful for simply being around while this sport exists. Not to mention taking a peak into what it once was.

This is officially my last post, since I just wanted to let you guys know everything is alright. Best wishes to you pumpster, johnny1, and Pollux.
Good news your not sick, not so good news you won,t be posting again :( :( :( anyway bud all the best, take care GoneAway :) :) :)