Author Topic: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting  (Read 10770 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
She's right.  The mainstream media was no better than the National Enquirer.  Why isn't the media all over Kennedy?   ::)

Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
Posted: 01:06 PM ET

(CNN) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s office accused the media Friday of habitually taking her remarks out of context “to create adversarial situations,” and of pursuing “erroneous and often outrageous leads on a variety of non-issues.”

The statement also charged that some members of the media, including independent bloggers and the Atlantic, were continuing “to give credence to the sensational allegation that the governor’s child, Trig, is not hers.”

“As a public official, I expect criticism and I expect to be held accountable for how I govern,” Palin said in a statement released by her office Friday. “But the personal, salacious nature of recent reporting, and often the refusal of the media to correct obvious mistakes, unfortunately discredits too many in journalism today, making it difficult for many Americans to believe what they see in the media.”

The governor also said press coverage had distorted her recent remarks about aspiring New York senator Caroline Kennedy. “I was not commenting at all on Caroline Kennedy as a prospective U.S. senator, but rather on the seemingly arbitrary ways in which news organizations determine the level and kind of scrutiny given to those who aspire to public office,” she said. “In fact, I consider Ms. Kennedy qualified and experienced, and she could serve New York well.”

In portions of an interview with conservative John Ziegler released Thursday, Palin said it would be “interesting” to see how coverage of Kennedy’s candidacy compared to her own media experience. “It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be.”

Her office took particular issue with a Politico story that said Palin had called coverage of Kennedy to date too soft.

Palin’s office also charged that reporters were unfairly scrutinizing the governor and her family. “Just this week, false stories in the media surfaced alleging improper influence by the Palin administration or the governor herself,” they said in the Friday statement, pointing to a report by an Alaska paper on union charges that her administration had delayed serving an arrest warrant on the mother of Levi Johnston, fiance of Bristol Palin. Union officials later changed the substance of those allegations considerably.

Another report — that Johnston lacked the proper educational requirements for the position he held — resulted in his resignation from the job.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/09/palin-accuses-media-of-personal-salacious-reporting/#more-35033

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
"Why isn't the media all over Kennedy?"

you're right.  We haven't seen 60 news pieces this week tearing her up over "you know", her records releases, her finances, the crap that is political dynasties, nepotism, etc.

oh wait, we have.  hey BB, turn on the news buddy.  FOX, CNN, and yes, even MSN have been tearing her up this week.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
No, we haven't seen the media attacking Kennedy's family, highlighting the fact she has never had a job, that she talks like a 15 year-old, etc., etc.  No comparison.

Then again, I don’t read the Daily Kos or National Enquirer. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
No, we haven't seen the media attacking Kennedy's family, highlighting the fact she has never had a job, that she talks like a 15 year-old, etc., etc.  No comparison.

Then again, I don’t read the Daily Kos or National Enquirer. 

Well, that's because kennedy didn't go on Couric, Gibson, etc.

Palin was up for a MUCH bigger job.  Let's face it - everyone here minimized obama's experience cause he was 'only' a senator.  well, she will 'only' be a sub senator for 18 months.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »
She better develop some thicker skin if she truly aspires to be commander in chief

Look at all the shit that was thrown at Obama (some of it by Palin - like he pals around with terrorists)

Everytime she opens her mouth she just digs a deeper hole.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »

how much MSNBC do you watch each day, BB?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »
LOL part of me wishes that she would just go back to alaska but part of me KNOWS she is right about it...the main stream media dogged her and you know this 240. Gang banging lesbo daughter, mother of the boy her daughter is having a baby with is a drug dealer: she hangs out with drug dealers. CHEATING ON HE HUSBAND...and the list goes on and on bro...

Honestly 240 you think palin got a fair deal from the media?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
how much MSNBC do you watch each day, BB?

I watch portions of MSNBC, Fox, and CNN pretty much every day. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 12:10:15 PM »
LOL part of me wishes that she would just go back to alaska but part of me KNOWS she is right about it...the main stream media dogged her and you know this 240. Gang banging lesbo daughter, mother of the boy her daughter is having a baby with is a drug dealer: she hangs out with drug dealers. CHEATING ON HE HUSBAND...and the list goes on and on bro...

Not even close. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
Not even close. 

yeah well again, she's just making herself look very un-presidential by whining about unfair treatment by the media.

How many times was this picture on TV and Get Big (maybe even posted by you)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »
yeah well again, she's just making herself look very un-presidential by whining about unfair treatment by the media.

The mainstream media gave Obama unprecedented positive news coverage.  Anyone who didn't have their head up Obama's and the Democrat party's rear ends saw that during the campaign.   

Who cares about the picture?  When did I post the picture and in what context? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »
The mainstream media gave Obama unprecedented positive news coverage.  Anyone who didn't have their head up Obama's and the Democrat party's rear ends saw that during the campaign.   

Who cares about the picture?  When did I post the picture and in what context? 

ok - so you're saying that Fox News, Rush, etc.. are not mainstream media.

regarding the picture I said "maybe" even posted by you.

you know (or should know) full well that picture was shown over and over and a certain segment of the dipshit public still thinks Obama is a secret muslim and a terrorist

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »
Media took shots with Palin and her family that were out of bounds.  She wasn't ready to be VP IMO but they treated her very unfairly.
Kennedy was criticized by some but it was appropriate and professional criticizm.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
ok - so you're saying that Fox News, Rush, etc.. are not mainstream media.

you know (or should know) full well that picture was shown over and over and a certain segment of the dipshit public still thinks Obama is a secret muslim and a terrorist

Fox is obviously MSM.  I don't listen to Rush, but he's not a mainstream news source.  He's an entertainer.  

So you just made up the fact that "maybe" I posted a picture, with zero context.   ::)

As I said, who cares about the picture?  It doesn't change the fact that Obama was treated like a saint by the media.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 12:39:35 PM »
Media took shots with Palin and her family that were out of bounds.  She wasn't ready to be VP IMO but they treated her very unfairly.
Kennedy was criticized by some but it was appropriate and professional criticizm.

Right.  The attacks on Palin were ruthless, completely unnecessary, and often false.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 12:45:05 PM »
Right.  The attacks on Palin were ruthless, completely unnecessary, and often false.   

Right to what?...that Fox news, Rush etc.. are not mainstream media?

To your other point - Politics is a blood sport.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
Right to what?...that Fox news, Rush etc.. are not mainstream media?

To your other point - Politics is a blood sport.   

?  Right that the "Media took shots with Palin and her family that were out of bounds."  That they "treated her very unfairly."  That "Kennedy was criticized by some but it was appropriate and professional criticizm."

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
240's very unfair criticizm and repeating BS blogger stories about Palin threatened my bromance with him.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

Which ones were false?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »
Which ones were false?

Palin cheating on her husband.  Palin faking her own pregnancy.  Palin's daughter faking her pregnancy. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 01:03:12 PM »
Fox is obviously MSM.  I don't listen to Rush, but he's not a mainstream news source.  He's an entertainer.  

So you just made up the fact that "maybe" I posted a picture, with zero context.   ::)

As I said, who cares about the picture?  It doesn't change the fact that Obama was treated like a saint by the media.

how can you call it a "fact" when all I said was "maybe even posted by you"

that pic WAS posted all over this site MAYBE EVEN BY YOU.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »
how can you call it a "fact" when all I said was "maybe even posted by you"

that pic WAS posted all over this site MAYBE EVEN BY YOU.

It's a fact that you made the statement.  It's a fact that you invented the possibility that "maybe" I posted some picture, in an apparent attempt to show that I thought Obama was Muslim.  Nice try.  . . .  Actually, it was pretty lame. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 01:43:27 PM »
It's a fact that you made the statement.  It's a fact that you invented the possibility that "maybe" I posted some picture, in an apparent attempt to show that I thought Obama was Muslim.  Nice try.  . . .  Actually, it was pretty lame. 

oh brother - are you serious

go back and read the post.  I never said YOU thought Obama was a Muslim

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 02:41:07 PM »
straw i never not once saw that picture on the television, and i watch fox, cnn, msnbc etc...

Palin was unfairly treated by the media, outright lies and idiotic sexist ideas often put out ironicly enough by liberal WOMEN where touted around like truths.

Be honest straw you think she got a fair deal as far as the medias concerned?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »

no, they were a little rough on her.

Their motive was that she was an awesome news story.  ratings jackpot. 

was she prepared?  Some of you argue 'she was prepared enough', but we all know if she was, it was only marginally, and that there were a lot of people WAY better for the job than her.