Author Topic: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting  (Read 10711 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
What approval rating are you talking about?  Her approval ratings as governor approached or maybe even exceeded 90 percent. 

Then why is she behind for her senate bid?

The most recent gauge of her popularity isn't looking so rosy:

Alaska Standard / Dittman Research (R)
12/5-20/08 (released 1/7/09); 505 adults, 4.4% margin of error
Mode: Live Telephone Interviews

Alaska 2010 Senate
Republican Primary: Murkowski (R-i) 57, Palin (R) 33

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2009, 01:35:21 PM »
So why is her approval rating so low now if she's still so great?

Bum doesn't recognize the linear nature of time.

If she ever had a high approval rating then she must always have one

In one respect Bum might be right since the linear nature of time is probably just an artifact of our senses

I'm sure that's what he meant

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
Then why is she behind for her senate bid?

She's running for senate?  News to me.  If she runs, she likely wins.  The people of her state love her. 

How do you explain her astronomically high approval ratings as governor? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »
She's running for senate?  News to me.  If she runs, she likely wins.  The people of her state love her. 

It's more of an "If she ran for Senate", but she's behind in the poll which was provided... Are you casually ignoring that part?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

Ignorance?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
It's more of an "If she ran for Senate", but she's behind in the poll which was provided... Are you casually ignoring that part?

more like willful ignorance

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »

She's behind in a poll for an office she isn't yet seeking.  Big deal.  I'd place far more emphasis on how the people who put her in office judge her performance.  How do you spin her sky high job approval ratings?  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
She's behind in a poll for an office she isn't yet seeking.  Big deal.  I'd place far more emphasis on how the people who put her in office judge her performance.  How do you spin her sky high job approval ratings?  

Well, those people don't get to eat a lot of cheeseburgers either, so they may not know what a cheeseburger tastes like even.

If you eat badger all day, you'll say it's the best thing on the planet... until one day, you actually get to eat a cheeseburger and then you realize what you've been missing the whole time.

All of a sudden... badger sucks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »

Bum - that poll conducted in December 2008 and released in January 2009

It's the most recent guage of her popularity and has relevence

I'll concede that it can't be construed as indicator of her as governor and can be skewed since it's comparing her to the incumbant Repub Senator.  Still it's something that can't be completely discounted just on those terms.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:12 PM »
Well, those people don't get to eat a lot of cheeseburgers either, so they may not know what a cheeseburger tastes like even.

If you eat badger all day, you'll say it's the best thing on the planet... until one day, you actually get to eat a cheeseburger and then you realize what you've been missing the whole time.

All of a sudden... badger sucks.

Wait.  She was elected to city council.  She was elected mayor.  She was elected governor.  Her approval ratings as governor were probably the highest in the country.  The governors of 50 states had a similar view.  But the people of Alaska didn't actually know who or what she was?  Is that what you believe?   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
Wait.  She was elected to city council.  She was elected mayor.  She was elected governor.  Her approval ratings as governor were probably the highest in the country.  The governors of 50 states had a similar view.  But the people of Alaska didn't actually know who or what she was?  Is that what you believe?   

Seems the people of the US certainly believed it.

I for one am inclined to think so as well...

BTW it's governor's of 49 states... SHE was the 50th, so she wouldn't have really had a viable opinion on herself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
Seems the people of the US certainly believed it.

I for one am inclined to think so as well...

BTW it's governor's of 49 states... SHE was the 50th, so she wouldn't have really had a viable opinion on herself.

But I was asking you to explain her high job approval ratings.  Your explanation is that the people of her state didn't really know her.  That is contradicted by the fact they her elected her to three different offices. 

O.K.  The governors of 49 states.  Still pretty significant, unless they were all "Neo-Con right wing christian types."   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »
But I was asking you to explain her high job approval ratings.  Your explanation is that the people of her state didn't really know her.  That is contradicted by the fact they her elected her to three different offices. 

O.K.  The governors of 49 states.  Still pretty significant, unless they were all "Neo-Con right wing christian types."   :)

No... I'd say that it's much more likely that they just all sat in a room and said, let's give it to the chick from the black hole of Alaska.

You think that governor's are so awesome and always know what they're talking about?

Oh wait... you think they are totally incorruptible and only speak the truth.

Let's see... Bush? Blagojevich?

Sure... Being governor is special. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2009, 02:19:11 PM »
No... I'd say that it's much more likely that they just all sat in a room and said, let's give it to the chick from the black hole of Alaska.

You think that governor's are so awesome and always know what they're talking about?

No, I don't think governors are "so awesome and always know what they're talking about."  I don't believe governors "are totally incorruptible and only speak the truth."  I think you and others are wrong when you say Palin is not popular, because her job approval ratings and 49 governors say otherwise.  You can try and expand that to some ridiculous overstatement, but it's really just a simple point:  people of her state like her (and many of her critics are irrational).  They've had a chance to see her in various state offices.  She must be doing something right.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »
There a good chance that most of the voters in Alaska never heard her speak at length, if even at all.

Most probably voted for her because she was "hot" or "folksy" and could shoot a moose, etc...   which is all fine if those are all you're looking for in a leader.

Once she got on the world stage and revealed herself to be something less than knowledgable on a number of issues as well as making silly and embarrassing statements I'm sure her shine was a little duller with the people back home.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »

BUSH WENT ON TO BECOME PRESIDENT.Senators are great?How about Larry Craig?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
No, I don't think governors are "so awesome and always know what they're talking about."  I don't believe governors "are totally incorruptible and only speak the truth."  I think you and others are wrong when you say Palin is not popular, because her job approval ratings and 49 governors say otherwise.  You can try and expand that to some ridiculous overstatement, but it's really just a simple point:  people of her state like her (and many of her critics are irrational).  They've had a chance to see her in various state offices.  She must be doing something right.   

She kept her mouth shut before... She talked about hunting and fishing and killing shit... That's what the people IN Alaska like... It's not what the rest of the country likes or NEEDS.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »
BUSH WENT ON TO BECOME PRESIDENT.Senators are great?How about Larry Craig?

The worst president in the history of this country.

Craig was an idiot too... Another Republican who says gays are sinners right... ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
She kept her mouth shut before... She talked about hunting and fishing and killing shit... That's what the people IN Alaska like... It's not what the rest of the country likes or NEEDS.

So she didn't run public campaigns for three offices, didn't make campaign speeches, didn't have public debates, didn't hold press conferences, and didn't regularly talk to the public about anything except hunting and fishing?  There were also committee hearings, etc., most of which had to be public.  That's some funny spin.   

It's really not that hard to admit that the woman is well liked by the people who know her best.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
So she didn't run public campaigns for three offices, didn't make campaign speeches, didn't have public debates, didn't hold press conferences, and didn't regularly talk to the public about anything except hunting and fishing?  There were also committee hearings, etc., most of which had to be public.  That's some funny spin.   

It's really not that hard to admit that the woman is well liked by the people who know her best.   

You mean those who are very similar to her?

Yes, I'll admit that there's probably lots of right wing, extreme Christian, Witch Hunter, Neo-Cons in Alaska who like to hunt Wolves from planes and eat Moose meat.

Happy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2009, 02:41:46 PM »
You mean those who are very similar to her?

Yes, I'll admit that there's probably lots of right wing, extreme Christian, Witch Hunter, Neo-Cons in Alaska who like to hunt Wolves from planes and eat Moose meat.

Happy?

lol.  So now it's "right wing, extreme Christian, Witch Hunter, Neo-Cons" who are responsible for her being repeatedly elected to public office and for her very high approval ratings?  lol. . . .   I don't really expect you to say anything crazy, like:  "Maybe I was mistaken.  She was one of the most popular governors in the country.  Governors around the country had the same opinion as the people of her state.  Maybe it's possible she actually knew what she was doing." 

That would be expecting too much.  :)   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »
lol.  So now it's "right wing, extreme Christian, Witch Hunter, Neo-Cons" who are responsible for her being repeatedly elected to public office and for her very high approval ratings?  lol. . . .   I don't really expect you to say anything crazy, like:  "Maybe I was mistaken.  She was one of the most popular governors in the country.  Governors around the country had the same opinion as the people of her state.  Maybe it's possible she actually knew what she was doing." 

That would be expecting too much.  :)  

No, that would be me lying... Bridge to nowhere ring a bell?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »
No, that would be me lying... Bridge to nowhere ring a bell?

Bridge to nowhere ring a bell about what?  I thought we were talking about all those right wing neo-con Christian nuts in Alaska responsible for Palin's job approval ratings? 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »
caroline and sarah are treated differently because of their sex than some alcoholic like john mcain

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »
Yes,unlike Caroline Kennedy who has been in her house for thirty years not interacting with anyone.
'

brutal subject change.

hey, sarah palin is unqualified to be president.

But jon bon jovi is even less qualified.

therefore palin is suddenly more qualified than someone, and the subject has been changed.  Great work!