Author Topic: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting  (Read 10704 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Palin accuses media of 'personal, salacious' reporting
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
Bridge to nowhere ring a bell about what?  I thought we were talking about all those right wing neo-con Christian nuts in Alaska responsible for Palin's job approval ratings? 

You said she knew what she was doing... I say the bridge to nowhere shows otherwise.

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »
You said she knew what she was doing... I say the bridge to nowhere shows otherwise.

;)

Whoa.  You mean she may have made a mistake.  Or worse, changed her mind?   :o

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »
Whoa.  You mean she may have made a mistake.  Or worse, changed her mind?   :o

That's not changing your mind... that's asking for money for something ridiculous.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
Whoa.  You mean she may have made a mistake.  Or worse, changed her mind?   :o

or flip flopped when it became a political liability and then lied and tried to re-write history

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2009, 06:27:13 AM »
or flip flopped when it became a political liability and then lied and tried to re-write history

That never happens in politics.Al Gore used to be staunchly pro-life,but knew he couldnt get elected nationally by dems so he changed.Jesse Jackson was pro-life now he is pro choice.Great point.Politicians always hold to their standards.Didnt Bill Clinton PROMISE tax cuts for the middle class?Didnt Bush 1 promise no new taxes?Didnt Pelosi say her congress would be the most ethical?Please,to pick on one person is silly.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »
She kept her mouth shut before... She talked about hunting and fishing and killing shit... That's what the people IN Alaska like... It's not what the rest of the country likes or NEEDS.

The country NEEDS the government to STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR BUISINESS.Go away and leave us alone!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2009, 06:36:50 AM »
That never happens in politics.Al Gore used to be staunchly pro-life,but knew he couldnt get elected nationally by dems so he changed.Jesse Jackson was pro-life now he is pro choice.Great point.Politicians always hold to their standards.Didnt Bill Clinton PROMISE tax cuts for the middle class?Didnt Bush 1 promise no new taxes?Didnt Pelosi say her congress would be the most ethical?Please,to pick on one person is silly.

I never said it never happens - just calling it what it is.

Palin lying about it later was just the icing on the cake

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2009, 06:37:35 AM »
The country NEEDS the government to STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR BUISINESS.Go away and leave us alone!!

Too many people love the Nanny State and want everything without regard to how its paid for.

1.  Free Health Care
2.  Welfare cradle to grave
3.  Free Education
4.  Free housing
5.  Fat taxes
6.  Cigarette taxes
7.  "Livable wage" laws

And on and on and on.

The same government who screwed up Immigration, Social Security, Katrina, and Iraq can not be trusted to run health care ort anything else for that matter.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »
Too many people love the Nanny State and want everything without regard to how its paid for.

1.  Free Health Care
3.  Free Education
4.  Free housing
5.  Fat taxes
6.  Cigarette taxes
7.  "Livable wage" laws

And on and on and on.

The same government who screwed up Immigration, Social Security, Katrina, and Iraq can not be trusted to run health care ort anything else for that matter.

you should probably just leave the country

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2009, 07:17:53 AM »
you should probably just leave the country

I should leave the country because I dont want to be a ward of the state and have every facet of my life dictated to by the government like in 1984 by Orwell?

You clowns clamoring for more government involvement in your lives need to take a little trip down to the motor vehicle department and see if you want those type of people making your daily life decisions.

Let's all just vote ourselves "free everything" and everything will be great right?

Maybe you are comfortable with that, I am not.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
I should leave the country because I dont want to be a ward of the state and have every facet of my life dictated to by the government like in 1984 by Orwell?

You clowns clamoring for more government involvement in your lives need to take a little trip down to the motor vehicle department and see if you want those type of people making your daily life decisions.

Let's all just vote ourselves "free everything" and everything will be great right?

Maybe you are comfortable with that, I am not.   

I'm still waiting for my free housing but I do agree that you should leave.

The sooner the better

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »
I'm still waiting for my free housing but I do agree that you should leave.

The sooner the better

God forbid anyone express dissent against the excesses of government right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »
God forbid anyone express dissent against the excesses of government right?

Not at all but your list is absurd and you seem so unhappy that it just seems like you'd be happier somewhere else.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Not at all but your list is absurd and you seem so unhappy that it just seems like you'd be happier somewhere else.

No,we would be happy here IF the wicked,rotten,dirty government would FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION!!!!Please tell me where the founding fathers EVER gave the government power to controll every aspect of our lives.Right now,there is an attempt to make ALL supplements fall under FDA controll.Where do they get the right to do that?Where do they get the right stealing our money and giving it to scum bags.YOU AND THE REST OF THOSE MINDLESS GOVERNMENT FOOLS SHOULD LEAVE and give America back to the people!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2009, 07:59:27 AM »

Not really, I just see where we are going, and it is not pretty.  

The founding fathers of this great country started a revolution to escape economic and other types of oppression by government.  

We are heading down the same road that led others to start a revolution.  at a certain point, people are going to revolt ala the Boston Tea Party because they are sick of going to work and having their money pissed down the toilet by bureaucrats, welfare bums, illegal aliens, wealthy elites who profit off of government contracts, etc etc.  

By forcing productive taxpayers to fork over more and more of the the fruits of their labor there is a soft type of tyranny that is encroaching that will eventually lead to either a revolt or something worse.  Productive people simply will not believe it worthwhile to be productive anymore.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2009, 08:08:17 AM »
Not really, I just see where we are going, and it is not pretty.  

The founding fathers of this great country started a revolution to escape economic and other types of oppression by government.  

We are heading down the same road that led others to start a revolution.  at a certain point, people are going to revolt ala the Boston Tea Party because they are sick of going to work and having their money pissed down the toilet by bureaucrats, welfare bums, illegal aliens, wealthy elites who profit off of government contracts, etc etc.  

By forcing productive taxpayers to fork over more and more of the the fruits of their labor there is a soft type of tyranny that is encroaching that will eventually lead to either a revolt or something worse.  Productive people simply will not believe it worthwhile to be productive anymore.

wasn't the revolutionary war about taxation without representation?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 08:12:49 AM »
wasn't the revolutionary war about taxation without representation?

Exactly - the taxpayers are not being represented.  

1.  Illegal aliens - 75% want them out.  
2.  English as a National Language - Most want it.
3.  Gay marriage - most are against it yet the judges and pols still defy the public
4.  School Budgets - taxpayers vote down budgets only to have the schools boards screw them in other ways.  

Additionally, you have millions of non-taxpayers who get representation without taxation.

That list is too long to list.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »
Exactly - the taxpayers are not being represented.  

1.  Illegal aliens - 75% want them out.  
2.  English as a National Language - Most want it.
3.  Gay marriage - most are against it yet the judges and pols still defy the public
4.  School Budgets - taxpayers vote down budgets only to have the schools boards screw them in other ways.  

Additionally, you have millions of non-taxpayers who get representation without taxation.

That list is too long to list.  

I've got no time this morning for this but none of what you listed has any comparison to the factors that led to the founding of this country and more so, have nothing to do with Palin

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
I've got no time this morning for this but none of what you listed has any comparison to the factors that led to the founding of this country and more so, have nothing to do with Palin

The fact is Palin won when she ran for mayor,won when she ran for governor.She did it the good old fashioned way,she earned it.You dont like her,the people of Alaska do.You can insult them all you want,but thats who counts.Now,lets compare her ride to that half wit Kennedy.Never held a job,cant speak,hid for thirty years and now she wants to be a senator,so as a Kennedy,she is enititled.Disgusting!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2009, 09:44:21 AM »

The fact is Palin won when she ran for mayor,won when she ran for governor.She did it the good old fashioned way,she earned it.You dont like her,the people of Alaska do.You can insult them all you want,but thats who counts.Now,lets compare her ride to that half wit Kennedy.Never held a job,cant speak,hid for thirty years and now she wants to be a senator,so as a Kennedy,she is enititled.Disgusting!!

the people of Alaska are welcome to keep her

She's far out of her league on the national and international stage.....as evidenced by the results of the election last November.

I don't care about Kennedy.

Not my problem

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:56 AM »
the people of Alaska are welcome to keep her

She's far out of her league on the national and international stage.....as evidenced by the results of the election last November.

I don't care about Kennedy.

Not my problem

Yes it is your problem if she is 1 of 100 who votes on national issues.

I live in NY and this is a disgrace.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »

Why are we comparing her to Kennedy... This is a Palin thread, not a Kennedy thread.

Yes, the people in Alaska like her... the rest of the country minus a few of the right wing Christians didn't.

She can stay in Alaska and look over Russia all she wants to... Works for me... but she needs to stay there where she belongs.

I don't think Kennedy should be getting that Senate spot either... She doesn't deserve it.

Hell, I didn't think Hillary deserved it either... She wasn't from NY and used a loophole just to run and get in... I thought it was a travesty.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »

1.  Free Health Care
3.  Free Education
4.  Free housing
5.  Fat taxes
6.  Cigarette taxes
7.  "Livable wage" laws

And on and on and on.

That's certainly been part of the Democrat agenda for years.  I was listening to a Bonier, a member of Obama's transition team, on Sunday morning talking about expanding government and using government to correct the income/wealth disparity.  Part of the way he wants to do this is by increasing the number of unions.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »
I'd like

Free Healthcare
Wealthfare cradle to grave
Free Education
Free Housing

So far I havne't gotten any of that

BTW - the Repug Model is to privatize the profits and socialize the losses.