Author Topic: what is your opinions on washing sheets  (Read 14962 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: what is your opinions on washing sheets
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »
thanks everyone for the nice comments and im happy i inspired yall to wash the sheets-im hoping to wash mine this week
but omg omg omg time out here...and im being completely serious...i remember like 7 months ago i would get in bed and i would sometimes notice tiny tiny tiny little black bugs w/ legs crawling on my sheets...like maybe 2-3 of them-is it possible to see mites? or do u need a microscope??

i also remember around the same time i had these horrible red welts all over my butt...and they itched so so bad...i would scratch till my hands had blood...could these have been bites??

w

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 09:46:51 PM »

That's fascinating. It appears to have a "fingerprint" on the outside of its body.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
thanks everyone for the nice comments and im happy i inspired yall to wash the sheets-im hoping to wash mine this week
but omg omg omg time out here...and im being completely serious...i remember like 7 months ago i would get in bed and i would sometimes notice tiny tiny tiny little black bugs w/ legs crawling on my sheets...like maybe 2-3 of them-is it possible to see mites? or do u need a microscope??

i also remember around the same time i had these horrible red welts all over my butt...and they itched so so bad...i would scratch till my hands had blood...could these have been bites??

I honestly hate to tell you, but those sound like bed bugs and chances are they still exist in your dwelling.  Bed bugs are in no way a reflection of hygiene or housekeeping.  From what I understand they are extremely difficult to get rid of.  They can live in the most unsuspecting places.  You could've gotten them anywhere - your clothing or luggage after traveling, a used piece of furniture...

http://www.medicinenet.com/bed_bugs/article.htm
:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 04:39:35 AM »

You definitely have/had bed bugs.  How could you be satisfied with once a month washing after an experience like that? ???

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 05:08:16 AM »
You should change your sheets every week, at least.Wash them at high temperature,at least 60o Celcius, but -better yet- make it 90oC (too lazy to convert to Farenheit,do it yourself) to kill all the bugs and nasty shit.

There was a time(when i was seeing a lot of girls) where i only wanted to fuck ON the bed, not in, because i didn't feel like changing the sheets every time...Once a week was enough work already!

Peace

body88

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »
Lots of obsessive compulsive people in this thread : )  Washing your sheets every 2 weeks is perfectly acceptable if you are not a dirty bastard!  I shower after the gym, so I am only 2 hours or so removed from a shower when I get into bed.  I don't have the time to wash my sheets every week, so I do it every couple of weeks!  I shower twice per day (morning and night), so I guess I am kind of obsessed with the shower!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 07:11:47 AM »
them-is it possible to see mites?
Don't think it's possible to see dust mites w/the naked eye...

I think Princess L and Bay are right you may have had bed bugs ...

R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
I don't think just washing your sheets will get rid of bed bugs.  They really don't live in/on the sheets.  They can be IN the mattress, or in the wood frame or even beyond like behind molding or wallpaper.  They're not exclusive to the bedroom either.  They can be in any household furniture.

Makes me paranoid when I travel  :-X that I'm going to pick them up in my suitcase or on my clothes  :-X
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »

Makes me paranoid when I travel  :-X that I'm going to pick them up in my suitcase or on my clothes  :-X [/color]
I know.  I tend to look at the sides of mattresses now in hotels.
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »
Before booking a hotel room, you may want to read user reviews of the particular hotel and location — frequently, guests who’ve had bug problems report them online. Bear in mind that a report about one hotel does not mean the issue wasn’t isolated to one room, or that hotel management hasn’t since exterminated.

Still concerned? Concerned travelers may want to check their bed for telltale signs of the bugs, a more common practice years ago.  Before jumping into bed, here are a few spot check tips:

* Peel back the bedsheets and check the mattress, running your fingers along the upper and lower seams. Make sure to check the mattress tag, bed bugs often hide there.
    * Experts recommend removing and examining the headboard if possible. Check for tiny black spots (excrement) that are smaller than poppy seeds. You may also see translucent light brown skins or, in the case of an infestation— live bugs.
    * Check the bedside table. Look for signs of bed bugs in the drawers and along the wall on the side of the bed that is less likely to be disturbed by cleaning staff and guests. 
    * You may want to elevate suitcases and keep them off the floor, like on a luggage stand.
    * If you see powder in the drawers or on the headboard, it is likely that the room has already been treated for bed bugs by an exterminator.
    * If bed bugs are detected, travelers should request for another room. Be sure to inform hotel management.
    * Just moving to a different room may not be the total answer. You should repeat the thorough inspection of any new or different room you are offered.
    * When you pack to leave, inspect your luggage carefully first, and inspect every item as you pack to help detect any bugs or their signs. Laundering most cloth items with typical hot water and detergent followed by drying on low heat for at least 20 minutes (or standard dry cleaning) should kill all bed bugs in or on such items. Sealing freshly-laundered items inside a plastic bag should help keep any more bed bugs from getting in those items later to hide (and be carried back with you). 

:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
omg omg those pics of bed bugs
omg omg omg omg those are the bugs i had :o :o :o
omg omg omg those are the bites i had! :o :o :o :o :o
w

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
You can wash sheets? 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
R

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »
You can wash sheets? 
of course i can
im gonna wash them tommorow
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
omg omg those pics of bed bugs
omg omg omg omg those are the bugs i had :o :o :o
omg omg omg those are the bites i had! :o :o :o :o :o

Calm down!  You're gonna give yourself nightmares!

Time to start playing detective.  Washing the sheets is not the full answer, but it will help and give you some peace of mind.  

Seriously, chances are they are still living somewhere in your dwelling.
:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

Time to start playing detective.  Washing the sheets is not the full answer, but it will help and give you some peace of mind.  

well i havent seen the little creepers in a while...when i did see em i would see like 2 on my bed and a few of them on my table by my bed...to be honest i ddint know what kind of bugs they were at the time...my table was very cluttered and had forks and receipts and an empty peanut butter jar or 2 on it and a lot of spilled protein poweder...but its not that dirty anymore...my apartment i live in is very small and cluttered...but not filthy...i dont have any major food lying around aymore...just empty protein jugs and a lot of empty supp jars water bottles and random reciepts bags and papers...also my bed is right by my kitchen so do u think they could have come in via food? im also wondering if they might be hidden under my bed cuz i have a lot of junk stuffed under there etc

any opinions???
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »

No. But it is a big part of it.  Remember, this is a guy who says he washes his sheets once a month!  Think about that!  Those of you who think this is appropriate, or that washing once a week is "obsessive", must have been raised by wolves!  Is it any wonder he has had bed bugs and (god knows what else)?

Having sex in your bed alone is cause enough to launder sheets once a week--or more often if necessary! 

Maybe I am spoiled because I have washer and dryer at home, and I do not do my own laundry (I haven't done it in years), but I think once a month is extremely unhygienic!  What kind of paramour (man or woman) would want to be in a bed like that?  If you think once a month is ok, why not wait two months?  Or three?

Once a month is disgusting!  Call me a fag, a priss, or anything else you want... but don't forget to call me clean!  8)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
well i havent seen the little creepers in a while...when i did see em i would see like 2 on my bed and a few of them on my table by my bed...to be honest i ddint know what kind of bugs they were at the time...my table was very cluttered and had forks and receipts and an empty peanut butter jar or 2 on it and a lot of spilled protein poweder...but its not that dirty anymore...my apartment i live in is very small and cluttered...but not filthy...i dont have any major food lying around aymore...just empty protein jugs and a lot of empty supp jars water bottles and random reciepts bags and papers...also my bed is right by my kitchen so do u think they could have come in via food? im also wondering if they might be hidden under my bed cuz i have a lot of junk stuffed under there etc

any opinions???

Read this newsletter
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/#where

They can live for months without feeding (mammal host), so just because you haven't seen them, doesn't mean they're not there.  Clutter is a big problem because it gives them more places to hide.  They probably did not come in via food.  Used furniture is often a culprit.  They could've been in the apartment before you got there.
:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »
No. But it is a big part of it.  Remember, this is a guy who says he washes his sheets once a month!  Think about that!  Those of you who think this is appropriate, or that washing once a week is "obsessive", must have been raised by wolves!  Is it any wonder he has had bed bugs and (god knows what else)?

Having sex in your bed alone is cause enough to launder sheets once a week--or more often if necessary! 

Maybe I am spoiled because I have washer and dryer at home, and I do not do my own laundry (I haven't done it in years), but I think once a month is extremely unhygienic!  What kind of paramour (man or woman) would want to be in a bed like that?  If you think once a month is ok, why not wait two months?  Or three?

Once a month is disgusting!  Call me a fag, a priss, or anything else you want... but don't forget to call me clean!  8)
bay u bring up some good points-i am gonna start washing them every week beginning tommorow hopefully...youre lucky u have your own washer drier im sure it makes it easier and more convenient

when i was in college i remember never washing my sheets-i would just vaccum them lol

Read this newsletter
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/#where

They can live for months without feeding (mammal host), so just because you haven't seen them, doesn't mean they're not there.  Clutter is a big problem because it gives them more places to hide.  They probably did not come in via food.  Used furniture is often a culprit.  They could've been in the apartment before you got there.

ewww thanks...i will search my apartment tommorow and hopefully get rid of some of my clutter
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
One exception: a guest bedroom that is rarely used can go for many weeks/months without laundering the linen, but if I do have guests, as soon as they leave, the linen is immediately laundered/changed. 

If the guest room is vacant for too long, I will have the linen changed or laundered before new house guests use the room--even if the bed has not been slept in.  Bed linen should be fresh.  6 months just sitting on the bed (even if it has not been slept in) is not fresh enough for me or any guest I would have in my home.

Some of you really need a lesson in domesticity! >:(

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »
One exception: a guest bedroom that is rarely used can go for many weeks without laundering the linen, but as soon as my house guests leave, the linen is immediately laundered/changed.  If the guest room is vacant for too long, I will have the linen changed or laundered before new house guests use the room--even if the bed has not been slept in.  Bed linen should be fresh.  6 months just sitting on the bed (even if it has not been slept in) is not fresh enough for me or any guest I would have in my home.

Some of you really need a lesson in domesticity! >:(
woah u have a guest room?
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »
NaturalW:

Forgive me for saying this, but it sounds like your bed linen issues are the tip of an iceberg: (presumably used) forks, receipts, empty jars, and spilled protein powder do not belong in a bedroom!  This might be understandable when one is, say, in a college dorm room, but no adult should be living this way.  :-[

Even if you never have guests over, this is not appropriate!

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
Bedbugs are extremely hard to get rid of.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 09:33:05 PM »
One exception: a guest bedroom that is rarely used can go for many weeks/months without laundering the linen, but if I do have guests, as soon as they leave, the linen is immediately laundered/changed. 

If the guest room is vacant for too long, I will have the linen changed or laundered before new house guests use the room--even if the bed has not been slept inBed linen should be fresh.  6 months just sitting on the bed (even if it has not been slept in) is not fresh enough for me or any guest I would have in my home.

^
ditto

I always wash the sheets in the guest room before guest arrive.  I thought it was just me being obsessive.  :P  I also (re)wash the guest towels.
:

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:04 PM »
Get your apartment real hot like 160 degrees and that should kill 'em.