Author Topic: what is your opinions on washing sheets  (Read 14963 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: what is your opinions on washing sheets
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 06:36:57 AM »

^
ditto

I always wash the sheets in the guest room before guest arrive.  
I have to because the cat takes a lot of naps in there and she sheds a lot.

Gene, if you see a bed bug during your search you may need to call an exterminator to be sure you get rid of them.  I watched a show where the apt. was so infested that there were blood smears on the walls (I guess they excrete it).  They were found behind pictures, in the stereo, etc.  :(
R

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
NaturalW:

Forgive me for saying this, but it sounds like your bed linen issues are the tip of an iceberg: (presumably used) forks, receipts, empty jars, and spilled protein powder do not belong in a bedroom!  This might be understandable when one is, say, in a college dorm room, but no adult should be living this way.  :-[

Even if you never have guests over, this is not appropriate!

hello bay-well i dont really have an actual bedroom per se-my apartment is really just a decent size room but i get what youre saying...ive cleaned up a lot more recently and i have a bunch of big trash bags ready to be filled up-  i will clean up more hopefully this weekend
I have to because the cat takes a lot of naps in there and she sheds a lot.

Gene, if you see a bed bug during your search you may need to call an exterminator to be sure you get rid of them.  I watched a show where the apt. was so infested that there were blood smears on the walls (I guess they excrete it).  They were found behind pictures, in the stereo, etc.  :(
i havent seen any in a while thankfully-no lie here-i have found red smears on my wall on some of my pictures i have hanging up by my bed-i have no clue what its from but i hope its not blood like u say

good news-sheets are washed and are laying on my bed right now ready to be put on the bed
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 06:06:21 AM »
Just back from a trip and slept in my own bed on newly washed linen last night!  Hmmmmm!  There is nothing like fresh, plush, bed linen to make me feel pampered.

Bay likey!  8)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »
i have found red smears on my wall on some of my pictures i have hanging up by my bed-i have no clue what its from but i hope its not blood like u say

Have you looked behind the pictures?  THe show I saw showed that some bugs hang out there :(
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
Have you looked behind the pictures?  THe show I saw showed that some bugs hang out there :(

Seems like they hang out in the most inconspicuous places.  This topic has me very creeped out  :-X :o

NW, please do a thorough check (baseboards, mattress, pictures, etc.) and get back to us.

:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »
this morning i nervously checked behind one of my picture frames-i saw lots of dust and a small black bug in the dust-it really did look like a bed bug :o
i havent checked behind the other pics and im scared too
i am gonna check around my apartment more
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »
this morning i nervously checked behind one of my picture frames-i saw lots of dust and a small black bug in the dust-it really did look like a bed bug :o
i havent checked behind the other pics and im scared too
i am gonna check around my apartment more

Dude, you need to move.  Clean up your act.  And get a significant other that will not allow you to continue your bad living habits.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 08:15:20 PM »
Dude, you need to move.  Clean up your act.  And get a significant other that will not allow you to continue your bad living habits.
i was susposed to move already but stuff fell through
i want to move badly but i cant right now
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
omg i looked at my wall and there are red smears all around my pics...i never thought they might be blood-i am a bit nervous to look behind the picture frames
w

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
omg i looked at my wall and there are red smears all around my pics...i never thought they might be blood-i am a bit nervous to look behind the picture frames
If it's blood it will look rusty brown by now, not red. If it's deep red it may be something like spaghetti sauce stains...

What is the quality of the smears?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »
If it's blood it will look rusty brown by now, not red. If it's deep red it may be something like spaghetti sauce stains...

What is the quality of the smears?
oh that makes me feel better
they are not rusty brown
its light reddish
w

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
oh that makes me feel better
they are not rusty brown
its light reddish
Yeah, if it's light reddish it was probably come play thing some kid smeared on there at some point in time.
It's definately not blood.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »
Yeah, if it's light reddish it was probably come play thing some kid smeared on there at some point in time.
It's definately not blood.
lol i dunno what it is cuz i have no kids
my garbage can is by my bed and i have a lot of crap piled up around there so maybe somehting splattered
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 07:57:13 PM »
But not the comforters :-X

Comforters do not need to be washed daily or even weekly because if they are used correctly, they have very little cause to get dirty.  (Inexpensive) comforters are used to decorate the bed with their top design/colors.  The bottom side of the comforter—the side that keeps you warm when you are under it is/should be protected by the top sheet of your bed linen.  That top sheet is what gets dirty and requires frequent cleaning.  Comforters are not supposed to be used without a top sheet between you and the comforter.

More expensive down comforters are protected by a duvet cover that can easily be removed, laundered, or replaced when necessary, but again the comforter is not really supposed to be used without a top sheet between you and the comforter.

When used correctly, a comforter can go an entire year or season without being laundered or dry-cleaned.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
Comforters do not need to be washed daily or even weekly because if they are used correctly, they have very little cause to get dirty.  (Inexpensive) comforters are used to decorate the bed with their top design/colors.  The bottom side of the comforter—the side that keeps you warm when you are under it is/should be protected by the top sheet of your bed linen.  That top sheet is what gets dirty and requires frequent cleaning.  Comforters are not supposed to be used without a top sheet between you and the comforter.

More expensive down comforters are protected by a duvet cover that can easily be removed, laundered, or replaced when necessary, but again the comforter is not really supposed to be used without a top sheet between you and the comforter.

When used correctly, a comforter can go an entire year or season without being laundered or dry-cleaned.

Excellent educational piece on comforters. I think they get too hot. I have special covers designed do generate static electricity, which targets growth-promoting cellular processes. So, I got rid of the comforter and embraced the static electricity. It's crazy as shit when the lights are off and you move there are these huge flashes of white light in the covers and you can't believe you don't feel it much, there's no heat, etc.... But it does help you grow tremendously.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »
"Bed bugs are known to give off what has been described as an obnoxiously sweet odor or an odor similar to fresh raspberries."

"Another likely sign of bed bugs is rusty or reddish spots of blood on bed sheets, mattresses, or walls. Heavy infestations may have a musty or "buggy" smell, but the odor is seldom apparent and should not be relied upon for detection. "

Check possible hiding places such as
• seams, creases, tufts, and folds of the mattress
and box spring
• cracks in the bed frame and head board
• underneath chairs, couches, beds, dustcovers
• between the cushions of upholstered furniture
• underneath area rugs and the edges of carpets
• between the folds of drapery or curtains
• in the drawers of night stands, dressers, etc.
• behind the baseboards
• around door and window casings
• behind electrical switch plates
• under loose wallpaper, paintings, posters, etc.
• in cracks in the plaster
• in telephones, radios, clocks,and similar places

Gene, one site said if you find a bug, take it to a pest control service and have them look at it to determine what it is.  Good luck! :)
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Updates?
:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:43 PM »
Updates?
nothing in my bed
i still cant figure out what the red stuff is on my wall
i still havent looked behind the other pix im a bit worried to
i have killed a few bugs on my table by my bed but i dunno if theyre bedbugs
im hopefully gonna clean my floor this weekend so i can see my carpet and perhaps catch where bedbugs may or may not be
w

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
Now I'm itchy >:(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »

i have killed a few bugs on my table by my bed but i dunno if theyre bedbugs

Next time you find a bug or two, stick them with a piece of clear scotch tape to a piece of white paper and take it to a local exterminator for id.
:

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2009, 09:26:47 AM »
Now I'm itchy >:(

I am more of a scratchy myself

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »
I am more of a scratchy myself
".....The Itchy and Scratchy show..... ;D "
R

body88

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »
Excellent educational piece on comforters. I think they get too hot. I have special covers designed do generate static electricity, which targets growth-promoting cellular processes. So, I got rid of the comforter and embraced the static electricity. It's crazy as shit when the lights are off and you move there are these huge flashes of white light in the covers and you can't believe you don't feel it much, there's no heat, etc.... But it does help you grow tremendously.

LOL!   Sorry not trying to be rude, but that was funny.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »
LOL!   Sorry not trying to be rude, but that was funny.

Soundness is an intellectual and as the great Sherlock Holmes once said, 'To a great mind, nothing is insignificant'.

That being said, I can see why it's funny ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 06:45:20 AM »
http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=25514979&gt1=35000

Beating back bedbugs
They’re not just popping up and creeping us out in hotel rooms and clothing stores. Bedbugs also can ruin real-estate and rental deals. Here’s how to spot them — and to get rid of them.
: