Author Topic: Bump for gmflex (fritz story)  (Read 16136 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Bump for gmflex (fritz story)
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »
I have been meaning to tell this for a while but just have not had the chance.

A few months after Kerry Von Erich killed him self Bob Orton Sr. ( Randy's Grandfather) and his wife came to visit us from Vegas. While he was in town he wanted to go see Fritz. So me my brother  my dad and Bob went out to Fritz's ranch.  This would be the first time my dad and Fritz had spoken since Davids death.  We are there and the visit is going well till Fritz and Bob started arguing about something I was only about 10 or 11 I can't remember what.  Fritz got so mad he told Orton   "wait right here you SOB I'm going to get my gun"   I remind you Kerry had recently killed himself. Orton said in his old raspy voice  "is it the same fucking gun you killed your kid with?"  My dad told me and my brother go get in the car and we left.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Funny Story from my childhood (wrestling fans)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
haha the whole Von Erich family was so fvcked up.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
haha the whole Von Erich family was so fvcked up.
yeah I know so is the Hart family

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »

A few months after Kerry Von Erich killed him self Bob Orton Sr. ( Randy's Grandfather) and his wife came to visit us from Vegas. While he was in town he wanted to go see Fritz. So me my brother  my dad and Bob went out to Fritz's ranch.  This would be the first time my dad and Fritz had spoken since Davids death.  We are there and the visit is going well till Fritz and Bob started arguing about something I was only about 10 or 11 I can't remember what.  Fritz got so mad he told Orton   "wait right here you SOB I'm going to get my gun"   I remind you Kerry had recently killed himself. Orton said in his old raspy voice  "is it the same fucking gun you killed your kid with?"  My dad told me and my brother go get in the car and we left.

Bullshit, Police report or it didn't happen

Then you cracked one off and came back to reality.

spinnis

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
everyone looks retarded haha

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
Hey Karl.... you ever meet the Big Bossman?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Bullshit, Police report or it didn't happen

Then you cracked one off and came back to reality.

No one called the police

Hey Karl.... you ever meet the Big Bossman?

Ya when I was bout 6 or so he was very nice

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
Karl, have you met the iron sheik.  He's crazy on Howard Stern.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
yeah I know so is the Hart family
I remember watching in the early to mid 90's and they portrayed the Harts like the wholesome family. They were all batshit crazy.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »

No one called the police

Ya when I was bout 6 or so he was very nice

I'm fucking with ya.. but seriously, pics or it didn't happen.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »
I have lots of pics of all kinds of cool shit . I need to find the flash drive that they are on

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »
Speaking of the Harts- Karl, do you have any Hart or Stampede stories?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »
Speaking of the Harts- Karl, do you have any Hart or Stampede stories?

Not really.  My dad never worked for Stu Hart.  I have met Bret and Owen they were both very nice.  I just read Bret's book though, it's one of the better wrestling books out there.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
kk,

tell me if it is true that the Von Erichs were caught throwing a special yellow rose Floral arrangement (made by the fans in memorial of David) into a river (from their Lincoln) like minutes after they were given it

This event was what caused the territory to go down

don't kayfabe me

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

A few months after Kerry Von Erich killed him self Bob Orton Sr. ( Randy's Grandfather) and his wife came to visit us from Vegas. While he was in town he wanted to go see Fritz. So me my brother  my dad and Bob went out to Fritz's ranch.  This would be the first time my dad and Fritz had spoken since Davids death.  We are there and the visit is going well till Fritz and Bob started arguing about something I was only about 10 or 11 I can't remember what.  Fritz got so mad he told Orton   "wait right here you SOB I'm going to get my gun"   I remind you Kerry had recently killed himself. Orton said in his old raspy voice  "is it the same fucking gun you killed your kid with?"  My dad told me and my brother go get in the car and we left.

Randy came into my old gym all the time, used to see him and his dad all the time, dude got some UNBELIEVEABLE women. :o

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »
kk,

tell me if it is true that the Von Erichs were caught throwing a special yellow rose Floral arrangement (made by the fans in memorial of David) into a river (from their Lincoln) like minutes after they were given it

This event was what caused the territory to go down

don't kayfabe me

I can assure you that is not what caused the territory to go down.   That was caused by the WWF.  None of the other promotions could compete with Vince and his money and his television deal.  Fritz(WCCW) , Vern Gagne(AWA),  even tried pulling their promotions together for big PPV events called Super Clash to compete but could not.  Vince was also taking both organizations talent. From AWA he took The Rockers Hulk Hogan, Mr. Perfect ect. and from WCCW he took guys like The Free Birds. Thats what happend to the promotion they simply could not compete. Plus all the Von Erich boys were dying and the were the big stars of World Class.   
   As for  throwing the flowers out the window it would not surprise me.  The Trinity River is right there so I'm sure that probably happend .  No Kayfabe.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
everyone looks retarded haha

I lived in the Denton Tx area when I was a kid and I remember seeing the Von Erichs around town.  I think the only person from this pic that's still alive is Kevin

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »

Did you ever get to meet Dusty Rhodes?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »

GODDAMN!  ;D
HAHA, RON.....

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 06:32:53 AM »
Great thread....more stories.  thanks Karl

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »
I can assure you that is not what caused the territory to go down.   That was caused by the WWF.  None of the other promotions could compete with Vince and his money and his television deal.  Fritz(WCCW) , Vern Gagne(AWA),  even tried pulling their promotions together for big PPV events called Super Clash to compete but could not.  Vince was also taking both organizations talent. From AWA he took The Rockers Hulk Hogan, Mr. Perfect ect. and from WCCW he took guys like The Free Birds. Thats what happend to the promotion they simply could not compete. Plus all the Von Erich boys were dying and the were the big stars of World Class.   
   As for  throwing the flowers out the window it would not surprise me.  The Trinity River is right there so I'm sure that probably happend .  No Kayfabe.

VON ERICHS ,were all the main draw of world class,built around kerry,when he became texas tornado and wwf ,wrestling fans probably heard of him but he was not 100 pct accepted ,great build tho.same for lex luger aka the narcissist good character but luger of course a fictional name in itself was not a character based wrestler or gimmick his body was his selling point to sucess,they figured a pampered nickname narcissist was good name ,but to me vince likes to 'gay'up wrestlers like adrian adonis,the model rick martel,golddust .

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »
Did you ever get to meet Dusty Rhodes?

Yes when I was a kid we used to drive down to house in Austin every so offten.   His wife my mom and dad used to party a lot together when my dad and Dusty were wrestling in Florda

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
Another funny story about Fritz the last time we saw him me my old man Terry Funk and a Japanese reporter all went out to Fritz's house for the day.  We ended up at some whata burger and my dad Terry and Fritz were all arguing over who was gonna pay the bill.  Some how Fritz won and paid.   Later I think we some how found out that Fritz owned the Whataburger or some shit.
   I have pics from that day I will try to find them.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
Dont know if you have seen this Karl but if you aint I thought you may appreciate it.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »
I have seen that before .  Good stuff. My dad helped train Jimmy garvin they were tag partners for a short time when my dad was baby face .    Also Dick Murdoch was my god father.  He was one of the funniest people of have known.  I really miss him