Author Topic: Bump for gmflex (fritz story)  (Read 16224 times)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
Re: Funny Story from my childhood (wrestling fans)
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
I understand Ol Dirty Dick Murdoch was a genuine badass?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Not really.  My dad never worked for Stu Hart.  I have met Bret and Owen they were both very nice.  I just read Brest's book though, it's one of the better wrestling books out there.

i know/knew most of the Harts. Bret still trains at my gym to this day. (actually i don't know about today because i am in Scottsdale at the Barrett Jackson auction). but he is a current member.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
i know/knew most of the Harts. Bret still trains at my gym to this day. (actually i don't know about today because i am in Scottsdale at the Barrett Jackson auction). but he is a current member.

pick one up for me, fella.

i like anything from the 67 mustang fastback line, 69 camaro, chevelle or nova, but i'm also willing to settle for a dodge challenger.  so...yeah.
Deep Tissue Massage

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
I understand Ol Dirty Dick Murdoch was a genuine badass?

My man if you only knew.  My dad met him when Murdoch was real young. My dad had just moved to Amarillo and was wrestling for the Funks.  He was driving down the road one day and saw some kid with 2 bear cubs on chains.   My dad had to pull over and talk to him.  That was the start of their friend ship.  They were Best friend up till the day Dickie died.  The only time I have ever seen my old man upset by the way.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
pick one up for me, fella.

i like anything from the 67 mustang fastback line, 69 camaro, chevelle or nova, but i'm also willing to settle for a dodge challenger.  so...yeah.

the fastbacks are exactly what i am looking for. there are a ton of them here. 69/70 is my favorite style.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »

Is Goldberg there he likes those auctions.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »
Is Goldberg there he likes those auctions.

haven't seen him but this place is huge.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »

My man if you only knew.  My dad met him when Murdoch was real young. My dad had just moved to Amarillo and was wrestling for the Funks.  He was driving down the road one day and saw some kid with 2 bear cubs on chains.   My dad had to pull over and talk to him.  That was the start of their friend ship.  They were Best friend up till the day Dickie died.  The only time I have ever seen my old man upset by the way.

Just been thinking didnt Murdoch use your dads finisher too, the brainbuster. I remember Murdochs been awesome.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
Just been thinking didnt Murdoch use your dads finisher too, the brainbuster. I remember Murdochs been awesome.

ya he did but my old man started it

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »
Awesome stories Karl.....
Any stories on Kamala??
or the missing link??

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
VON ERICHS ,were all the main draw of world class,built around kerry,when he became texas tornado and wwf ,wrestling fans probably heard of him but he was not 100 pct accepted ,great build tho.same for lex luger aka the narcissist good character but luger of course a fictional name in itself was not a character based wrestler or gimmick his body was his selling point to sucess,they figured a pampered nickname narcissist was good name ,but to me vince likes to 'gay'up wrestlers like adrian adonis,the model rick martel,golddust .

Since I was a low end jobber, I didn't really need a gimmick.  The name Venom Vince Versace was only used to signify me as a heel to the audience.  The only thing I had to do was to put someone over and get the crowd worked up.  Usually calling them a bunch of rednecks who lost the war usually gets them riled up

Quite frankly most gimmicks were done by the workers themselves.  McMahon didn't have much part in it

A

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

Since I was a low end jobber, I didn't really need a gimmick.  The name Venom Vince Versace was only used to signify me as a heel to the audience.  The only thing I had to do was to put someone over and get the crowd worked up.  Usually calling them a bunch of rednecks who lost the war usually gets them riled up

Quite frankly most gimmicks were done by the workers themselves.  McMahon didn't have much part in it

Not true at all . :-\

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
Awesome stories Karl.....
Any stories on Kamala??
or the missing link??

for a avatar like that hell ya I do ;D

Back in like 03 or so  my dad was doing a autograph show in Arlington Link was there.  My dads table was next to Killer Tim Brooks cause they are good friends and like to fuck with each other all the time.  Brooks was leaning over the table signing a pic for someone when Link walked up with this heavy yellow chair he carried with him every where.  My dad said hey Dewy go hit Brooks with that chair.  Well the dumb bastered did it.  He hit Brooks twice right in the back of the neck.  Well Brooks had this big chain on the table it used to be part of his gimmick. He picked it up and went after Link he backed him up against this wall and started choking Link with the chain.  The whole time Link was head butting Brooks .  Once Brooks got Link to his knees he let go of him.  Link picked up his glued on hair piece and left shortly after.   My mom snapped a few bad pics of the whole thing If I ever get my scanner working I will post them.  Every one thought they were working but they were not. Kamala was there too by the way. 
  Link and I became pretty good friends the next time he was in town and I sent him up ti Metroflex at 65 he was still big as shit.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 02:44:17 PM »
I have been meaning to tell this for a while but just have not had the chance.

A few months after Kerry Von Erich killed him self Bob Orton Sr. ( Randy's Grandfather) and his wife came to visit us from Vegas. While he was in town he wanted to go see Fritz. So me my brother  my dad and Bob went out to Fritz's ranch.  This would be the first time my dad and Fritz had spoken since Davids death.  We are there and the visit is going well till Fritz and Bob started arguing about something I was only about 10 or 11 I can't remember what.  Fritz got so mad he told Orton   "wait right here you SOB I'm going to get my gun"   I remind you Kerry had recently killed himself. Orton said in his old raspy voice  "is it the same fucking gun you killed your kid with?"  My dad told me and my brother go get in the car and we left.

Kerry Von Eric had a sick build in the eighties. Any pics of him kicking around?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 02:46:25 PM »

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
Karl, I used to see your dad when I was growing up, watching wrestling in Florida on TV with Gordon Solie. I used to go sometimes to the the live matches at the West Palm Beach Auditorium. I saw your dad wrestle Dusty Rhodes. Hey, do you have any Superstar Billy Graham stories?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
Karl, I used to see your dad when I was growing up, watching wrestling in Florida on TV with Gordon Solie. I used to go sometimes to the the live matches at the West Palm Beach Auditorium. I saw your dad wrestle Dusty Rhodes. Hey, do you have any Superstar Billy Graham stories?

Not really.  My old man and Eddie Graham were close.  He used to fly my parents and Dusty and his wife around on his privet plan.  Solie is defiantly the best announcer in my opinion

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
Thanks. Great magazine cover..looks like your dad's about to taste "The Bionic Elbow" of the American Dream.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
Thanks. Great magazine cover..looks like your dad's about to taste "The Bionic Elbow" of the American Dream.
Boy, I never saw anyone juice their forehead with a blade as much as Rhodes. Every wresting magazine used to have a bloody face pic of Rhodes.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »

PEOPLE THAT LIVE BACK ON THE RANCH TAKE CARE OF THEIR BUSINESS WEATHER IT'S RIGHT OR WRONG

Bullshit, Police report or it didn't happen

Then you cracked one off and came back to reality.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »
Boy, I never saw anyone juice their forehead with a blade as much as Rhodes. Every wresting magazine used to have a bloody face pic of Rhodes.

They juiced a lot more back then .  Rhodes has such bad scars cause he went up and down.  My old man went side to side not a scar on him.  

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »

They juiced a lot more back then .  Rhodes has such bad scars cause he went up and down.  My old man went side to side not a scar on him.  
It must have been interesting for you to grow up around some of these wrestling characters.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »
It must have been interesting for you to grow up around some of these wrestling characters.

Ya even though my old man retiered about the time I was born I sill grew around guys like Murdoch ,Rhodes Scott Casey,  The Spoiler,  Red Bastien, Big Sweed Karlson.  It was very intresting.  All good guys. 

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »

What about Abby?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 04:27:35 PM »
What about Abby?

him and my old man hate each other.    My dad doesn't have a nice thing to say about the poor guy.   My old man says he got him fired in Australia.