Author Topic: Palin = #1  (Read 3460 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Palin = #1
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
no.  because he didn't get in front of the camera and tell reporters he read 4,000 newspapers that morning :)

No, he only told the public that people like Christopher Reeves would walk again if he was elected with Kerry.

Nice try though. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 01:19:34 PM »
No, he only told the public that people like Christopher Reeves would walk again if he was elected with Kerry.

Nice try though. 
I think that we all know that stem cell research could actually allow people with spinal injuries to walk in the future... That's not an impossibility.

Modern medicine has gone a great deal in the past 100 years and stem cell research could have it improve exponentially more.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
I think that we all know that stem cell research could actually allow people with spinal injuries to walk in the future... That's not an impossibility.

Modern medicine has gone a great deal in the past 100 years and stem cell research could have it improve exponentially more.

Yeah, whatever.  Trying to capitlize on Reeves' situation to make political point is as low as you get.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
Yeah, whatever.  Trying to capitlize on Reeves' situation to make political point is as low as you get.

I guess I don't understand why... Would it have been better if he had picked some other famous person who the people would understand what happened to them and why they couldn't walk?

Who would he have mentioned? That other quadraplegic who fell and broke their neck? ???

Seems like Christopher Reeves, who was a big proponent of stem cell research would have been proud to be mentioned in the subject.