Author Topic: Waterboarding is torture, & not even prez can declare it an acceptable tactic  (Read 4145 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Are these people even being convicted of a crime before we torture them?  ???
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
so its better to just kill them outright then pour water on their heads and let them live?...so you believe sleep deprivation is torture as well then i assume?

you think my views are backwards and like i said thats fine but to me yours are ass backwards.

If they've committed an act and they are convicted of a crime that warrants death, absolutely it's ok to administer swift and severe punishment.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
If they've committed an act and they are convicted of a crime that warrants death, absolutely it's ok to administer swift and severe punishment.
whats your take on sleep deprivation?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Again, you don't seem to understand... Saying you're better than a murderer because you only beat someone up isn't really being that much better... Sure, you're better, but you're still a scumbag.

I feel sad for your standard because it is completely backwards from the way it should be.

Jesus wept.

While it's a good concept, being "better" than a terrorist for not torturing doesn't win you the war or save lives. War is ugly. It's not supposed to be romanticized and I don't think we should be worrying about these people's feelings. These people have dozens upon dozens of videos on the internet of them beheading soldiers, civilians, women, innocent people. Have you watched some of these videos? Having your head cut off while your arms and legs are bound is about as shitty a way to go as you can. Yet we simulate them drowning and we're supposedly on their level. I'll take the simulated drowning any day.

Can I say with conviction that torturing or not torturing is better? Not really. I don't have access to all the classified information that could probably help determine this.

I personally think these guys should be relegated to the CIA prison ships, interrogated/tortured/whatever (don't want to hear about it), killed and thrown overboard. I have zero sympathy for extremists that are picked up on the battlefield or handed over.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
While it's a good concept, being "better" than a terrorist for not torturing doesn't win you the war or save lives. War is ugly. It's not supposed to be romanticized and I don't think we should be worrying about these people's feelings. These people have dozens upon dozens of videos on the internet of them beheading soldiers, civilians, women, innocent people. Have you watched some of these videos? Having your head cut off while your arms and legs are bound is about as shitty a way to go as you can. Yet we simulate them drowning and we're supposedly on their level. I'll take the simulated drowning any day.

Can I say with conviction that torturing or not torturing is better? Not really. I don't have access to all the classified information that could probably help determine this.

I personally think these guys should be relegated to the CIA prison ships, interrogated/tortured/whatever (don't want to hear about it), killed and thrown overboard. I have zero sympathy for extremists that are picked up on the battlefield or handed over.

The issue is about stopping future plots or even worse, immient plots or threats to our citizens and soldiers.