Author Topic: Waterboarding is torture, & not even prez can declare it an acceptable tactic  (Read 4147 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'Waterboarding is torture' and not even the president can declare it an acceptable tactic

True or False?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
The new Attorney General-designate seems like a good man so far.

S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The new Attorney General-designate seems like a good man so far.

It'll be weird having an AG that actually does his job - check the President when he tries to abuse Constitution.

Remember, all Alberto Gonzalex did was hide Bush's 1997 DUI, and then forget anything under oath.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
'Waterboarding is torture' and not even the president can declare it an acceptable tactic

True or False?

Geeze,Im very worried about a filthy terrorist getting water boarded.They[the terrorists]just cut of the heads of their enemies.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Geeze,Im very worried about a filthy terrorist getting water boarded.They[the terrorists]just cut of the heads of their enemies.

You're supposed to be better than the "enemy".

We're supposed to be a good and just people... Shouldn't we act that way?

Torture is not good or just.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV

Water boarding is significantly better then getting your head cut off.

but that's just me.
Z

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

but that's just me.

Still not where we should be as a country.

Manslaughter is better than murder, but someone is still dead.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

No,we should be in a war to WIN at ANY cost.Now,I was against the war from the start,BUT, once we got in,time to kill and destroy and come home with a victory.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No,we should be in a war to WIN at ANY cost.Now,I was against the war from the start,BUT, once we got in,time to kill and destroy and come home with a victory.

Torture does not "win" wars... This is a well known and proven fact.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
exactly this fightin a PC war is bullshit, these ppl are out to kill us...I dont think some ppl get that so ill say it again THESE PPL ARE OUT TO KILL US and you want me to be upset about them getting water boarded...LOL they are lucky im not there shit they would be begging to be water boarded. Being better or morally superior doesnt keep our citizens or soldiers any safer. You would rather them die so that you can say we are morally superior? Well just keep in mind that we still are they purposely attack innocent civilians and we dont so tout about that and our moral superiority and leave this issue alone.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

This is NOT a fact.Many in the military think it works.Others think you get any answer so as to stop the torture.Personally I like the idea of torture just as a warning to the others.Again,they cut our heads off,we get in trouble for putting underwear on their heads.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III

It's not about winning a war.

It's obtaining information to save lives. 
W

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

True or False?

Our soldiers go through worse during boot camp and the seals go through far worse during BUDS.

Waterboarding is a non-issue to me.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV

Nobody dies during waterboarding.
A better analogy would be comparing murder to assault.

Assault will get you a crimal record but no jail
Murder, will put you away for life.
If waterboarding has saved American lives then I support it.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

What nonsense.  So you would sacrifice 100's or 1000's of lives simply not to pour water over someones' head?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

but that's just me.

Thank you.  Apples and oranges.  Those animals decapitate non-combatants.  We poured water on the face of suspected terrorists.  ::)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Anyone here really believes that anyone gives a fuck about torture laws?
Seriously, people get their head smashed in Police station and not a word is spoken and you think that someone gives a fuck if some terrorist is getting zapped in Guantanamo?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Can't say I really care about how terrorists are treated. Why does the USA always have to play the good guy while the rest of the world does whatever they want? An eye for an eye. How many captured US soldiers were ever given back alive? Pretty much none. They usually end up in a ditch with their head cut off or bullet in their brain, after extensive torture of course (all justified by the Koran).

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Can't say I really care about how terrorists are treated. Why does the USA always have to play the good guy while the rest of the world does whatever they want? An eye for an eye. How many captured US soldiers were ever given back alive? Pretty much none. They usually end up in a ditch with their head cut off or bullet in their brain, after extensive torture of course (all justified by the Koran).

QFT.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Thank you.  Apples and oranges.  Those animals decapitate non-combatants.  We poured water on the face of suspected terrorists.  ::)
Ridiculous... 2 wrongs do not make a right.

What nonsense.  So you would sacrifice 100's or 1000's of lives simply not to pour water over someones' head?

Studies have shown that torture, no matter what you call waterboarding... Doesn't get any viable information.

Nobody dies during waterboarding.
A better analogy would be comparing murder to assault.

Assault will get you a crimal record but no jail
Murder, will put you away for life.
If waterboarding has saved American lives then I support it.

So it's ok to beat people up as long as you don't kill them... Gotcha.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Studies have shown that torture, no matter what you call waterboarding... Doesn't get any viable information.

So you think we waterboard people for the fun of it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V

let me ask you something holmes all this stems from the idea that we are morally superior correct?

what makes you think we are?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
So you think we waterboard people for the fun of it?

I think many studies have shown that torture doesn't provide accurate information... But many people such as yourself don't like that, so we continue to do it.

let me ask you something holmes all this stems from the idea that we are morally superior correct?

what makes you think we are?

I think we should strive to be... Whether we are or not isn't the point... We should always strive to be better... as a human race.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III

Hey, I don't need to know how the sausage is made!  Just let me enjoy it.

Get it?

If our intell peeps are doing "things" to keep another attack from happening inside our borders, I don't give a bucket load of doo-dee what they do. 
As long as I or my family can go to the mall or fly on a plane without worry.

I LOVE Jack Nicholson's lines in 'A Few Good Men.'  And it's very relevant in this topic.

"....you rise and sleep under the very blanket of freedom that I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it."  "I would rather you just said 'thank you' and went on your way."

"...you want me on that wall, you NEED me on that wall."
W

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think many studies have shown that torture doesn't provide accurate information... But many people such as yourself don't like that, so we continue to do it.

I think we should strive to be... Whether we are or not isn't the point... We should always strive to be better... as a human race.

I asked you a question - if it is proven not to work as you say, then why do they use it?