Author Topic: Ausstralian 2009 - Is Lee Priest in the show???  (Read 13480 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Aussie Pro: Is Lee Priest in the show???
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
That rule changed some time ago, early 08

Which I dont agree with...still defeating the purpose of getting a roster together early enough to let the promoter do his work....that was the point of changing it to begin with...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
Here is Chick siding with the promoters. He shows his true agenda. What a hypocrite. He should be on the side of the professional athletes. If they don't feel ready one week out then they have the option not to compete. That sucks if athletes are listed as competing. However, the fans understand that bodybuilders get injured, etc.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
Here is Chick siding with the promoters. He shows his true agenda. What a hypocrite. He should be on the side of the professional athletes. If they don't feel ready one week out then they have the option not to compete. That sucks if athletes are listed as competing. However, the fans understand that bodybuilders get injured, etc.

Silly Vince.

They aren't athletes.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
Which I dont agree with...still defeating the purpose of getting a roster together early enough to let the promoter do his work....that was the point of changing it to begin with...
            So what is it? Does the Contract have to be signed and in to the Promoter not less than 6weeks out from the Show or can a Pro turn up on the day???

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »

And swearing from promoters - will this be put on the internet so the children's can view? I hope not!

Yes, promoters are out to make money, they need hard line atheletes like we all do here at the Australian Open.

Unfortunately, we cannot pay the promoters of bodybuilding; perhaps if the bodybuilders turned to tennis, they also might get 500,000 in gate takings through the door over 2 weeks?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Tony, you come across as very aggressive and defensive when i rightfully question you about the Australian Pro!  Why? 

Your hostile rebukes are a further indication that you do in fact have something to hide!

Again Tony, i am calling upon you to divulge the full extent of Lee's injuries.  I  am asking you to tell the fans of 'his standing' in this year's line up!

Tony, if it is shown that you knowingly misled the industry regarding Priest, well, i think your credibility-rating within the sport will be beyond repair.

And yes Tony, it serves no purpose to keep on attacking the messenger.  As i have indicated, i 'smell a rat' and i wont take to kindly, as will the fans, if it is shown you have acted deceitfully!

Look, i understand you're a so-called-promoter and are interested in presenting your show in the best possible light.

And yes, at the end of the day, all you really care about is how much money you can make out of these so-called athletes. 

And yes, i concur, you are working with a pretty depleted list, consisting of 2nd tier Pros and unknown-ethno-Aussies!

However, this is turn, does not give you the license to act outside what is, in business terms, the moral and ethical paradigms.

Tony, in closing, remember that 'the truth will set you free!'

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »
And again, same old song "Hank Wood"

Lee has said he is doing the show....he is training around the shoulder injury. As he said.. if he comes in 95-100 percent he will be doing the show. Contest prep is hard enough... try doing it with a torn bicep tendon. But he is and he will be there. But he will not go onstage if he doesn't look his best or close to his best. As for the contract... Lee has not signed it yet. The deadline is March 9... a week before the show.
Tony is not lying... Lee told him he is doing the show... and he is. He has said many times on other boards the Australian Pro will be his first show back... and depending on his shoulder injury and his condition ... he will be onstage.
He has not torn his bicep but the tendon that anchors the bicep to the shoulder. This limits him on certain excercises. But from what I've heard, he is in the gym twice a day and doing cardio twice a day as well.
I have inside sources that have shown me the IP address of Hank Wood. His IP address is from Canberra, Australia. If Hank is so truthfull, why does he hide behind a screen name. Why not say who he really is.... cause he's a fuckin coward...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about, Basile??

I'm not "siding" with anyone....merely explaining how it works and why....

Bottom line is, if the athletes want more money, then they need to give the promoter all the ammo they can to promote the show...having a roster 6 weeks out doesnt seem to out of line...

clueless old bastard

AVBG

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
unknown-ethno-Aussies!

Gotta admit this is kinda funny

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2009, 02:46:45 PM »
After the 28th and that Doctors appointment to see if the shoulder needs Surgery I am sure the World will know if Lee is going to get on stage.It's Not like he is the only competitor on stage at this show.His sponsors will support his decision as No sponsor wants their Athlete looking like Shit on stage while representing their product.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
"Hank" speaking of answering questions, I noticed you avoided theses ones?

If you think I am hostile and aggressive, you are mistaken. In fact you should drop in for a cup of tea....

That is your worst effort yet "Hank"

What you would you like me to say?
Should I call off the show?
Maybe jump off a bridge?
Ban Lee from competing in it?
Hunt you down and squash you like a fly?

I have tried with an honest answer, tried clever marketing, tried name calling, tried patronising but nothing is up to your standards.

You are like a fly, germy, annoying and again no friends.

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »
Hank you idiot ! read my last post i explained it all to you about Lee...Jesus maybe i need to come to Canberra and beat the shit out of you.
Why not got to the Aussie show and let people know who you are? Big talker.
I WILL EAT YOU!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about, Basile??

I'm not "siding" with anyone....merely explaining how it works and why....

Bottom line is, if the athletes want more money, then they need to give the promoter all the ammo they can to promote the show...having a roster 6 weeks out doesnt seem to out of line...

clueless old bastard

cut the jokes.  you got me laughing.  isnt the ironman's expo larger and all that jazz?  what's the prize money for the top 5 vs 10 yrs ago?

BTW...what you should do is try to associate a celebrity with the top 3 shows outside of the A and O and see if that brings some of them up to par with the Arnold?  BBer classics outside of Arnold are worthless.

Ironman/GoldBoy Classic - DeLaHoya's promotion company is looking for opportunities...and the area is loaded with Mexicans

Setup of a prime show in FL and see if Arnold could get Stallone on board.

NY - Cant think of a celeb muscle guy in the area.

Oh...Monica!

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
Hank you idiot ! read my last post i explained it all to you about Lee...Jesus maybe i need to come to Canberra and beat the shit out of you.
Why not got to the Aussie show and let people know who you are? Big talker.

Too busy rooting his mum (pretending it is his sister)
Go Hank "bad boy bubby" Wood!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
There is dense and then there is Bob Chick. Could someone explain to this stooge what a rep should do? Represent the athletes not the damn organization.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »
There is dense and then there is Bob Chick. Could someone explain to this stooge what a rep should do? Represent the athletes not the damn organization.

I have, Jackass....thats why Lee P is back IN the IFBB. 

Stay out of things you're not a part of.....makes you look like a dumb pedo

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
cut the jokes.  you got me laughing.  isnt the ironman's expo larger and all that jazz?  what's the prize money for the top 5 vs 10 yrs ago?

BTW...what you should do is try to associate a celebrity with the top 3 shows outside of the A and O and see if that brings some of them up to par with the Arnold?  BBer classics outside of Arnold are worthless.

Ironman/GoldBoy Classic - DeLaHoya's promotion company is looking for opportunities...and the area is loaded with Mexicans

Setup of a prime show in FL and see if Arnold could get Stallone on board.

NY - Cant think of a celeb muscle guy in the area.

That would take effort and initiative....why go through with actually promoting BBing, trying to up the prize money for BBers and working on their behalf when you can just sit around and continue to suck the life out of the sport and keep letting the supplement companies/promoters make huge amounts of cash off of the broken kidneys and livers of BBers?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »

AVBG

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2009, 07:20:18 PM »

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:56 PM »
The cat wrapped in plastic is so randomly Get Big.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »
What did those yobbos yell at him when they drove past, when he the cat and the briefcase were on the street?

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
What did those yobbos yell at him when they drove past, when he the cat and the briefcase were on the street?

Can't remember no doubt something very funny.
One of the Top Five Aussie movies ever along with MadMax 1 & 2, Turkey Shoot  and There a Wierd Lot.
Better than the UnAustralian Kidman style shit we get today.

Tony was Humungus in Mad Max 2 really played by Paul Graham?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »
I have, Jackass....thats why Lee P is back IN the IFBB. 

Stay out of things you're not a part of.....makes you look like a dumb pedo

You did very little to help Lee Priest. He was suspended for 1 year then served 2. Well, done, Bob C IFBB rep. You don't represent the athletes.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
Me and a couple of mates will be going to the night show and even if Lee can't go the show will still be great, only time to see these guys all year down here and am really looking forward to it :).

People just need to ignore the Hate from Hank, life is too short for that crap ;).

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »
Somthing like.."get off the road you silly wanker"  and he starts repeating everything he hears...he spots that cop on the road directing traffic and yells it at him lol funny stuff