Author Topic: Warning on Splenda  (Read 6825 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Warning on Splenda
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:01:15 AM »
              Sucralose Toxicity Information Center
               http://www.HolisticMed.com/splenda/

Sucralose / Splenda Toxicity Reaction Samples
          ---------------------------------------------

This document contains a sampling of Splenda (sucralose) adverse reactions forwarded to the Sucralose Toxicity Information Center and posted to public online discussion groups. The names have been removed to protect confidentiality,  but many of these posts can be found in various archives and WWW search engines.

Please note that this document is only a tiny percentage of adverse reactions to sucralose that have been posted to the Internet over the last few years.  The toxicity reactions posted to the Internet are only a
very small percentage of the total toxicity reactions reported to various groups.

If you have experienced health damage from sucralose / Splenda and your health improved after removing it from your diet, please forward your toxicity reaction to:

Mark D. Gold
           Splenda Toxicity Information Center
              12 East Side Dr., Suite 2-17
                   Concord, NH 03301
                  mgold@holisticmed.com

--------------------

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:09 PM
To: mgold@holisticmed.com
Subject: Splenda

I have been eating and drinking Splenda products for quite awhile. Splenda has caused water retention and
blurred vision. It almost shut my kidneys down because I drank too much pop and not enough water one day.

After reading the e-mails of others through a web-site, this product should be taken off the market. I am
amazed though that doctors really don't believe you when you tell them of the side effects.
They cannot test a rat's vision.

[continued]

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:30 AM
Subject: Re: Splenda

It took about a day to get back to normal. The eye sight is what really worried me. I ate some candy while doing cross stiching. My vision went blurry within the hour. I wear glasses and my eyes wouldn't focus for anything. I didn't connect the Splenda until thinking back to other occasions when this occurred. The swelling in my fingers and legs have decreased. It was noticable the next day.

I am no longer going to digest any sugar substitute. I am still annoyed that when you bring this to the
attention of your doctor, they don't believe you.

-----------------

Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:04 AM
Subject: Splenda reactions

Dear Mr. Gold:

I started using Splenda about a few months ago and my sister in law just had it only two times, and the two times she had it she get very sick shaking and her blood pressure went to 90/50 both times.

I was having swelling in my legs and hands, headaches and bloated abdomen, but I never though it could be Splenda. I stopped using Splenda and I have no more those symptoms.

I hope our experience helps other people.

-------------------------

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:13 AM
Subject: splenda

My experience with Splenda:
I have been on the Atkins diet 3 times in the last 2 years. I lost weight each time but stopped because of diarrhea and a rash on both hands, elbows and thighs. It consisted of red rashed itchy patches and only subsided after terminating the diet which included many Atkins products, diet soda and sugar free candies containing Splenda.

----------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: splenda reaction

I have stopped drinking ALL drinks with ANY type of artificial sweetener but mainly SPLENDA I was hurting all over - my muscles ached so bad - my muscles felt like I needed a message every 15 min., but it hurt to even lightly touch my body - my joints hurt so bad that lifting a cup of coffee hurt, I even felt like my brain was in a fog all the time, even my eye sight was rapidly declining....... and I am a Physical Education teacher and a Gymnastics Coach....work was almost becoming impossible - doctors acted like the pain was just in my head!

After about 2 weeks of not touching the stuff (the killer) I am pain free! my muscles do not ache - my joints do not hurt - I rest at night - when a person has been in so much pain for so long, you don't realize how much pain you where tolerating - I feel so much better now - how is this stuff still on the shelves -
all my girl's Wt. training class are assigned a research paper on this stuff - they are always amazed at what they learn!!!

--------------------

Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:32 PM
Subject: Splenda and Sucralose

First let me thank you for calling attention to this awful drug being used so seriptitiously. I used Splenda
and the Alterra sold by Walmart. I only used it in my coffee but I drink two large before work. Each large
cup has about two tablespoons of the sweetener. I used this every day on my way to work. I recently broke out with a horrible red-very itchy splotchy rash which is welt like. It isn't getting better yet-I didn't figure out the reason it was there until this past week when the rash arrived. I had also changed from the old diet drinks to Splenda ones.

FOLKS DON'T DO THIS. THE SUCRALOSE ON THE LABELS IS THE BAD STUFF HICH HAS BEEN CHLORINATED. CHLORINE IS A POISON. THE LABELS ARE SO SMALL AND CONFUSING YOU CAN STILL PICK UP A FOOD AND IT HAS THIS TERRIBLE CHAEMICAL IN IT!!! MY NECK AND BACK ITCH AND BURN AS THIUGH SOMEONE WERE BURNING IT. I GET RELEIR BY COLD COMPRESSES. I AM A REGISTERED NURSE AND FELL FOR ALL THIS -BEWARE!! WHOMEVER READS THIS, PLEASE MAKE SURE OTHERS ARE AWARE. I FEEL TERRIBLE AND I KNOW IT IT THE SPLENDA. I HAVE RESUMED DRINKING H2O. THANK YOU, xxxxxx
-----------------------

Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 5:24 PM
Subject: Splenda/sucralose

I just wanted to share my experience with Splenda.  I've never been a religious user of artificial sweetners because of the after taste.  Splenda was a welcome replacement for sugar because I couldn't taste the difference.

I started using it in the morning in my green tea and in my yogurt.  After a couple of days I felt like I was coming down with the flu.  I didn't make the connection for about a week.  I stopped using the Splenda and within 24 hours I started feeling better.  A month or so later I picked up a couple of Atkins bars at the health food store since they were on sale.  I didn't even think to read the label.  I ate one a work when I got back and all was fine unitl the following morning when I woke up feeling fluish.  The symptoms lasted all day.  I haven't used Splenda since, or so I thought.  I've always been a gum chewer and about 6 months ago I came across the Altoids -sugar free gum at Trader Joes.  I really liked the punch of flavor and it became my gum of choice.  I noticed the quantity of gum I was purchasing each week started to increase.  I guess I was up to about 10-15 pieces a day.  The beginning of May I started having aching joints in my hands.  I first thought it was due to my new water arobics program but after 6 weeks it just seemed to worsen and I noticed that my hands are swollen every morning and exercising makes it worse.  I also noticed that my legs would ache when I go for a run in the morning and so I started walking instead.  My legs weren't really aching anymore but I am very concience of them, if that makes sense.  I generally feel tired and unrested so I have to force myself to exercise. 

I made an appointment with my Dr, but was unable to get in for 3 weeks.  My appointment was this morning and she fees all the symptoms are leading to arthritis.  The next step is the lab work.  It dawned on me this morning that maybe it's the gum.  I looked up sucralose on the internet and it's Splenda, which I new I was sensitive to.  As of today, I've given up the sugar free gum... hopefully the joint aching in my hands go away FOREVER.  I will continue on the path the Dr has started.... just in case.

Tucson, AZ

----------------

Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 6:48 PM
Subject: Sucralose

Greetings,
I found your website while researching sucralose.  I know that I am  allergic to aspartame (big time) but when I heard that sucralose was  "made from sugar" I gave it a try this week in beverages called 
"Taliking Rain."  Sonded lovely... so I bought it  and drank one  bottle.  I had a headache all day that even Excedrin would not cure.   Next day.. same thing...  That is when I decided to find out just what 
sucralose is.  Thank you for your information and the Talking Rain is  not talking to the trashman!

----------------------

[Note: Both aspartame and Splenda discussed in below reaction.]

To: bettym19@mindspring.com
Subject: aspartame
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:38:05 +0000

Dear Dr. Martini,

I read the article in the New York Times about aspartame and just wanted to pass on our experience (my husband Tom and mine) with you.

Tom was diagnosed with stage 2 diabetes years ago and immediately became a diet soda junkie. He not only drank diet soda Coke and Pepsi morning,noon, and night he even took it to work with him in a cooler
so it would be cheaper for him.Never in a million years would we have guessed what our life would end up being . We thought he was doing the right thing by drinking the diet Pepsi and taking care of his diabetes  We were wrong.  When Tom reached 58 he started having  problems : couldn't remember the bank card number so it would get taken,  headaches, etc.  We went to the doctors and we were told he was getting older (58) not to worry.  Well I pushed for a new doctor and when they finally took an MRI he had a LARGE  GBM stage 4 tumor growing on the left side of his brain.  He was operated on October 18, and given 4 months to live. We are now working on year #4. My son insisted we take him off aspartame at once and Tom has never had diet anything from that day. It has been the only change we made in his diet until 2 years ago.  Tom had seizures after the operation and the doctors were sure it was from the operation HOWEVER I was allowing Tom to have Splenda (Blue Bunnie ice cream) he loved his ice cream and Blue Bunnie didn't have the aspartame.  What I failed to realize was he was having the seizures with it.  I did not connect the two until we went to a diet clenic for his sugar and Splenda was told to be the new great
sweetener.  I called Splenda number on their box before giving it to him.  Tom was on Keppra seizure medication by now and I wanted to make sure Splenda was fine.  The splenda people said if he had had
Blue Bonnie ice cream he could have Splenda with no problem.  I gave Tom Splenda packs for his coffee and within 3 days (on Keppra) Tom was having seizures.  I called his neurologist and was told to get him off Splenda immediately and as of that day Tom has not had a seizure. I called Splenda again and reported it and asked them why they were not informing the public their reply was - " We  know it caused seizures and migraines BUT not enough people had called in YET." Please let me know if we can be of any help to you we know the dangers and are living our days, one day at a time.

Ps. The surgeon did say he thought the tumor had been there 2 and 1/2 years.

-----------------

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Splenda reaction

A month later, I bought a 12-pack of Diet Coke with Splenda.  (I generally drink one - and only one - Diet Coke per day.)  I found myself with stomach upset and diarrhea several hours after drinking the Coke.  I decided to stop drinking the Coke, and I had no more diarrhea.  To test the reaction, a week later I drank another Diet Coke with Splenda.  Within hours, the diarrhea and stomach upset had returned.

I called Coca Cola Company to complain.  They said that no one had EVER complained of such a reaction, and that Splenda was completely safe.  They did advise me to take the remaining product back to the store for a refund.

Several weeks later, I ate some Breyer's Lite Ice Cream and had the exact same reaction.  When I examined the label, I found that Splenda was an ingredient.  I called the manufacturer and again was told that no one else had ever complained about Splenda and that it was completely safe.

After these events, I remembered having diarrhea after a football game where I had consumed two bottles of a flavored carbonated water.  Sure enough, when I looked at the label of another bottle, it contained Splenda.

I am now steering clear of all sucralose products, and now that I have read your website, I will also stay away from Aspartame!

-----------------

Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 10:54 AM
Splenda makes me very sick. I have tried it several times in different products and it gives me terrible gastric distress. Cramping and gas. I have to read the small print in everything now since they are using it so much.

-------------------

04-30-2005, 11:09 PM
xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
HealthBoards > Health Issues  > Diet & Nutrition
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1661521#post1661521        

Re: Splenda and Aspartame

I recently have started using Splenda. I am consuming a normal a normal amount. Well now I have stopped because since I have been using it I am very short of breath and am breaking out in hives all over my body. I researched this online and many people have the same thing happening to them after eating splenda.
So I am allergic to it, but personally unless you are diabetic you shouldn't really eat artificial sweeteners like splenda because its not healthy. I mean who knows..in a few years doctors will find out that splenda causes some disease or something. Its a bit far - fetched but who knows.

------------------

http://www.glome.org/000061.html
Programming languages are obsolete | Main | Chinatown
Subject: Aspartame and Diet Soda: Extremely Bad Mojo
Posted by: tom at August 25, 2004 02:32 PM

Hi

I started using endulge atkins bars about 2 weeks ago, I loved hem so much I was eating up to 3 a day!

After 4 days I noticed a rash on my chest which became very itchy, the next day the rash and welts had spread to my back, the top of my arms, my neck and the top of my legs and hands. It was extremely itchy especially during the night. I went to the doctor who gave me a cream containing hydrocortisone and a tablet once a day.

It has been 3 days since, and I am still itchy, but the welts are going down very slowly. I read the ingredients in my endulge bars which are sweetned by Splenda.

In the past I had splenda and stopped as it made me sad, upset and angry, I was getting like this this time but had no idea Splenda was in the Endulge bars.

I am hoping the rash wil go by Wednesday as I am an actress and have an important casting..If not, what do you reckon the chances are of Splenda re-embursing my loss in wages.

Even my face has welts on it and I feel like a lepor.

Thanks for this information and I hope anyone else who suffers the same realises it's splenda

----------------

Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 12:46 PM

Hi,
A few years ago, roughly the same time I began using Splenda, I developed frequent and dramatic skin rashes on my hands. I've deduced that excluding city water from my diet dramatically decreases the outbreaks. However, with no city water intake, I do still get the outbreaks. Having heard that Splenda is a chlorinated product (I suspect the chlorine in the city water was the culprit there) I believe there may be a connection between the beginning of my Splenda use and the onset of the hand rashes.

Here are my questions: Have you heard of any similar symptoms in regard to Splenda?
Do any of you know how I can get in touch with the Splenda class-action case attorneys?

-------------

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=198877
xxxxxxxxxxx
08-15-2004, 02:27 PM        
Sucralose???
About a month ago I started using a diet soda containing sucralose. Within a week I developed leg aches. The leg aches became pain and weakness. I also became slightly nauseous and had a mild headache. My appetite diminished and I have lost 5 pounds, (I’m not complaining about the weight loss). I stopped using the product two days ago and the leg pain is beginning to subside. I’m not sure if this is just coincidence or a reaction to the sucralose.Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

----------------

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=156088
July 18th, 2004, 01:28 PM
xxxxxxxxxxx   

Splenda? Used it and lived to regret it. Please, as a favor to yourself...check the 'Net for Splenda articles. I can't remember the site, but the short term studies don't look good, and the horror stories are truly scary!
I may be pregnant, but when I used Splenda, or any other sucralose-infused product, I swelled up to the point where my circulation was dangerously inhibited, I became lightheaded, and my blood pressure dropped. After running across the Splenda stories on advice from a former teacher of mine, I stopped using Splenda, and experienced an immediate cessation in symptoms. There are some who have actually
gone into anaphelactic shock after using the product.

Now, Stevia is great, seriously, if you don't mind the expense, and no known
(currently) side effects.
:D Weee

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Warning on Splenda
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:04:31 AM »
Didn't read it all but what is the evil ingredient here? Splenda, sucralose?
from incomplete data

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:07:32 AM »
Age, past medical history of these people? Lots of variables here to put the blame on one substance.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:12:07 AM »
Didn't read it all but what is the evil ingredient here? Splenda, sucralose?
yes. 

The following adverse effects from sucralose have been reported in research findings:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage)
Enlarged liver and kidneys.
Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
Increased cecal weight
Reduced growth rate
Decreased red blood cell count
Hyperplasia of the pelvis
Aborted pregnancy (Maternal & Fetal Toxicity)
Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights
Increase glycosylation of hemoglobin for diabetics (Note: One of the effects of increased HbA1c is Cardiac Mortality.)

The Potential Dangers of Sucralose (Splenda?) 

Is Splenda Really As Safe As They Claim It to Be?

As of 2006, only six human trials have been published on Splenda (sucralose). Of these six trials, only two of the trials were completed and published before the FDA approved sucralose for human consumption. The two published trials had a grand total of 36 total human subjects.

36 people sure doesn't sound like many, but wait, it gets worse, only 23 total were actually given sucralose for testing and here is the real killer:

The longest trial at this time had lasted only four days and looked at sucralose in relation to tooth decay, not human tolerance.

Why Do You Need to Know About Splenda?

Splenda, best known for its marketing logo, "made from sugar so it tastes like sugar,' has taken the sweetener industry by storm. Splenda has become the nations number one selling artificial sweetener in a very short period of time.

Between 2000 and 2004, the percentage of US households using Splenda products jumped from 3 to 20 percent. In a one year period, Splenda sales topped $177 million compared with $62 million spent on aspartame-based Equal and $52 million on saccharin-based Sweet 'N Low.

McNeil Nutritionals, in their marketing pitch for Splenda emphasizes that Splenda has endured some of the most rigorous testing to date for any food additive. Enough so to convince the average consumer that it is in fact safe. They claim that over 100 studies have been conducted on Splenda. What they don't tell you is that most of the studies are on animals.

Additional Concerns About Splenda Studies

There have been no long-term human toxicity studies published until after the FDA approved sucralose for human consumption. Following FDA approval a human toxicity trial was conducted, but lasted only three months, hardly the length of time most Splenda users plan to consume sucralose. No studies have ever been done on children or pregnant women.

Much of the controversy surrounding Splenda does not focus just on its safety, but rather on its false advertising claims. The competition among sweeteners is anything but sweet. The sugar industry is currently suing McNeil Nutritionals for implying that Splenda is a natural form of sugar with no calories.

Is It REALLY Sugar?

There is no question that sucralose starts off as a sugar molecule, it is what goes on in the factory that is concerning. Sucralose is a synthetic chemical that was originally cooked up in a laboratory. In the five step patented process of making sucralose, three chlorine molecules are added to a sucrose or sugar molecule. A sucrose molecule is a disaccharide that contains two single sugars bound together; glucose and fructose.

The chemical process to make sucralose alters the chemical composition of the sugar so much that it is somehow converted to a fructo-galactose molecule. This type of sugar molecule does not occur in nature and therefore your body does not possess the ability to properly metabolize it. As a result of this "unique" biochemical make-up, McNeil Nutritionals makes it's claim that Splenda is not digested or metabolized by the body, making it have zero calories.

It is not that Splenda is naturally zero calories. If your body had the capacity to metabolize it then it would no longer has zero calories.

How Much Splenda is Left In Your Body After You Eat It?

If you look at the research (which is primarily extrapolated form animal studies) you will see that in fact 15% of sucralose is absorbed into your digestive system and ultimately is stored in your body. To reach a number such as 15% means some people absorb more and some people absorb less. In one human study, one of the eight participants did not excrete any sucralose even after 3 days. Clearly his body was absorbing and metabolizing this chemical. That is what our bodies are supposed to do.

The bottom line is that we all have our own unique biochemical make-up. Some of you will absorb and metabolize more than others. If you are healthy and your digestive system works well, you may be at higher risk for breaking down this product in your stomach and intestines. Please understand that it is impossible for the manufacturers of Splenda to make any guarantees based on their limited animal data.

If you feel that Splenda affects you adversely, it is valid. Don't let someone convince you that it is all in your head. You know your body better than anyone else.

How to Determine if Splenda is Harming You

The best way to determine if Splenda or sucralose is affecting you is to perform an elimination/challenge with it. First eliminate it and other artificial sweeteners from your diet completely for a period of one to two weeks. After this period reintroduce it in sufficient quantity.

For example, use it in your beverage in the morning, and eat at least two sucralose containing products the remainder of the day. On this day, avoid other artificial sweeteners so that you are able to differentiate which one may be causing a problem for you. Do this for a period of one to three days. Take notice of how your body is feeling, particularly if it feels different than when you were artificial sweetener free.

Splenda May Still Be Harming You

If you complete the elimination/challenge trial described above and do not notice any changes then it appears you are able to tolerate Splenda acutely. However, please understand that you are not out of the woods yet.

The entire issue of long-term safety has never been established. Let's look at the facts again:

There have only been six human trials to date

The longest trial lasted three months

At LEAST 15% of Splenda is not excreted from your body in a timely manner

Considering that Splenda bears more chemical similarity to DDT than it does to sugar, are you willing to bet your health on this data? Remember that fat soluble substances, such as DDT, can remain in your fat for decades and devastate your health.

If the above facts don't concern because you believe the FDA would not ever allow a toxic substance into the market then read on.

Do You Really Believe These People Are Going to Protect You?

Please consider that the only organizations between you and potentially toxic side effects are the FDA and the manufacturers of sucralose (Tate & Lyle) and of Splenda (McNeil Nutritionals).

The FDA has a long standing history of ineffective screening and rampant conflict of interests as demonstrated in their inability to identify Vioxx as too dangerous to be on the market. This mistake costs 55,000 people their lives.

Now the point I want you to understand here, because it is really important, is that Splenda is not a drug and is only a food additive. As such the number of studies required to receive FDA approval is substantially less than drug. Vioxx had an order of magnitude of more comprehensive clinical trials than Splenda ever did, and despite this rigorous approval process it still killed 55,000 people.

So, now you have the primary concerns I have about Splenda and the choices is yours.

Read Splenda Horror Stories

We have more people on our site that have reported adverse reaction to Splenda than were formally studied in the research submitted for FDA approval. It would seem this collection of data is in some ways superior to the data submitted to the FDA for Splenda approval.

You can help us continue our Splenda research by supplying us with your own experience. If you or anyone you know have had an adverse reaction to Splenda or sucralose containing products please tell us your story. http://products.mercola.com/contact.htm

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 07:19:34 AM »
that's why I only have 4 teaspoons of splenda a day.
Deep Tissue Massage

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 07:21:47 AM »

The "take home" message of this then, would be IF you're sensitive to sucralose....don't eat it  ;)
just not good enough

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:24:15 AM »
I like the novel, Laura - you should get it published :D

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »
yeah nice novel, this is your first worhtless post ever laura  :(

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
This is post is do dumb I had to rebuttal. Sucralose is a great health alternative to sugar and you should be ashamed of yourself for discouraging people for using it.

Sucralose is maltodextrin and Sucralose:

Maltodextrin is a naturally derived low calorie substance. It comes from wheat (so gluten intolerant may want to avoid).

Sucralose:
It’s mild and mellow, with aromatic flavor and stable property, it’s low in calories and good for consumers’ health; it can be used together with the traditional sweetener, and used independently. it’s good in sweet taste and mouth feel (Kang, 2001, pp. 12). However, the sucralose can’t rot teeth away, and not cause many diseases as the fructose and maltose, besides its low sugar price is not so high as other nutritional sweeteners(Huang, 2000, pp. 22),moreover, the toxicology and the safety test indicated: sucralose does not have teratogenicity, discontinuity, reproduction toxicity, cancerous as well as nerve toxicity, also does not have any effects on animal's blood sugar level and the insulin secretion (Gao, 2004, pp.5).Therefore, it could be edible for obese patients, patients with cardiovascular disease and diabetes. It is a strong sweetener prepared by British Professor Hough L in the late 1970s (Yan, 2004, pp 165), it’s also artificially developed, and the most competitive, non-nutrition, perfect high-intensity sweetener until now (Tian, 2006, pp. 3).

*above paragraph is taken from The "Journal of Modern Applied Science"

Now im going to bake a cake with my fucking sucralose.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »
That's some boring shit right there...Could someone delete the thread, please?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
Were these fuckers abusing Splenda though?
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »
i guess this would actually belong to spandex thread...

WTF?
HAHA, RON.....

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
Well, at least she's forced to train, since she's all tied up to that machine...Just give her a recoverydrink every now and then, and after a year she should be pretty fit :D

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
Well, at least she's forced to train, since she's all tied up to that machine...Just give her a recoverydrink every now and then, and after a year she should be pretty fit :D

Good point. But they may want to reconsider the nipple clamps...as they're not gonna help those already saggy titties.
HAHA, RON.....

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 09:08:44 AM »
Good point. But they may want to reconsider the nipple clamps...as they're not gonna help those already saggy titties.

Hahaha, true :D

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 09:09:01 AM »
Great more anti-splenda propaganda.  I and many people I know have taken enough splenda to kill 10 horses and are just fine with good bloodwork even.  The sugar industry is directly or indirectly behind most of these "studies" as they hate the splenda and artificial sweetener industry like the dairy industry hates the soy industry and uses the same old "it's poison basically" tactic.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »
Great more anti-splenda propaganda.  I and many people I know have taken enough splenda to kill 10 horses and are just fine with good bloodwork even.  The sugar industry is directly or indirectly behind most of these "studies" as they hate the splenda and artificial sweetener industry like the dairy industry hates the soy industry and uses the same old "it's poison basically" tactic.

Yeah, just like the Aids industry hates the condom industry....
HAHA, RON.....

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
Were these fuckers abusing Splenda though?
Probably so. They are the ones who would probably be obese if splenda didn't exist. They are also from the school of thought of the Ron Paulers, the sky is falling, Nibiru invasion preparations must take place, 9/11 was an inside job, the new world order is coming, flouride is used to control peoples minds, and plastic bottles are poisoning us people.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »
any of these sugar subs are left-handed sugars that the body can't break down that is why they are no calorie, but what they dont tell you is that in some cases your body sees these subs as poison and you will have an adverse rxn.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
that's why I only have 4 teaspoons of splenda a day.

great post mate.. ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »
sucralose has reams of safety data in journals, these idiots are just that idiots. Its impossible to say if splenda caused theses reactions and according to the safety data, it doesnt. More scare tactics, stevia on the other hand has no safety data to speak of and has shown to destroy bowel flora in murine models.

OH NOES MY KIDNEYS EXPLODED cuz of sugerz

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »
Sorry for the "novel" people.  Can't blame a girl for trying to keep you all up with some precausions, especially with all the shit most of you know that I've been through over the last year.   :-\

It's great if Splenda doesn't bother/effect you.  Unfortunately it did effect me.  Just 1 packet of Splenda in my morning coffee would bloat my stomach and give me a bellyache.  I'm now using Stevia in my coffee.  So far, so good.  No issues.  I'm hoping there won't be any health recalls or data put out there stating that it is also bad for you.  :(

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »
ppl are so paranoid about this shit, splenda will not hurt you, it passed FDA.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 03:49:09 PM »
ppl are so paranoid about this shit, splenda will not hurt you, it passed FDA.

jt
So did Phen-phen.  :-\

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
You gotta ween urself of sugar/sweetners altogether if your really serious about your health.

I guess everybody has somewhat of a sweet tooth tho  8)