Author Topic: Ironman 2009 - Ron Avidan's Top 10 Predictions  (Read 26093 times)

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
Re: Ironman 2009 - Ron Avidan's Top 10 Predictions
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »
funny how you weren't so confident and proud of when you came into the Arnold Classic looking tiny and soft with what loked like 14 inch arms and zero leg mass. ::)

Who is this guy anyhow? And no, it's not meant to be a rude question i'm just not keeping up as much nowadays

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
I think Ron had someone proofread and/or write that for him. I only noticed one real typo- usually Ron's posts are full of incorrect spellings, typos and mistakes of any kind.

Excellent job Ron!!! I guess those classes are paying off! :p

AD- I'm sure you've answered this elsewhere, but how come you were so far off at the Arnold? Some speculate you were out of shape and still needed to fulfill a contract obligation...or of course others thought maybe you did something different with your your supplementation and didn't know how your body would respond. Maybe you were just tired?
Let's get this clear I'm a self sponsored athlete. I've never been sponsored so no I had no obligation. In saying that I had no obligation to anything in the sport. I did the USA July north American sept then got my pro card Nov.
I was all relaxed and thinking long term plans when i was surprised 2 days before Xmas with an Arnold invite. And against everybody's advise I did the show. I was already off my diet and not training for a month at that point. But the Arnold Classic it was like a cartoon when the smell of food comes lingering into a room and you take a whiff and you start floating in the air towards that wonderful smell.
I honestly looked at a video we shot at the room the day of the Arnold and it took us a few minutes to figure out what we were looking at. I broke out in laughter when i realized it was from the Arnold and the video in my hands from 5 weeks out I was 100x better.
The sad thing is i didn't see how bad I looked until then . I never looked after the show.
My girl told me don't ever put her through that again!
My son said next time Dad!
My old training partner told me don't ever do that again , that's not you.
I've taken my licks for that and in the long run I'll be better for it.
Yeah i tried less supps but that's a personal choice,not an excuse. I'm doing the same thing now and I'm looking good and feeling great.
I've made a total of 2,000$ as a pro. Thats from the Arnold so should I have made 0$ not competed at the Arnold and waited around for a miracle?
No way get your ass kicked pick yourself back up Fuck dusting off your shoulder and start busting your ass back to the top!!!!
I learned my lesson when MD didn't pay me for my photo shoot in Texas . After speaking  twice with my fiance , convincing her I wouldn't be late to the Cowboy / Redskin game which I planned on  going to , since a victory is never  a guarantee in bodybuilding I wanted to do something fun outside of the weekend of bodybuilding.Needless to say ,the photo shoot went late and I got goose eggs. So i can only do what my heart desires not what everyone else who's known me for the past couple years thinks I should do. ( actually thinks they know me would be a little more correct).
I'd say it was the equivalent of Jordan having a bad game
I'm no Jordan though don't take that the wrong way, I meant bad day's just happen sometimes even to the best!
Man i looked horrible at that Arnold I guess that's why 2 hrs a day cardio isn't fazing my energy level I'm on a mission.
hope that explains a little better.I'm off to the gym.

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »
funny how you weren't so confident and proud of when you came into the Arnold Classic looking tiny and soft with what loked like 14 inch arms and zero leg mass. ::)

I was 14 lbs heavier than when i turned pro and looked smooth my arms were 20 but yeah with no cuts they might as well have been. maybe I need to eat more quaker oats?

I was confident then as i am now that You will never be invited to the Arnold Classic and I was :o

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
Who is this guy anyhow? And no, it's not meant to be a rude question i'm just not keeping up as much nowadays

Nevermind i figured it out

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
2 weeks out   

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »
but the ones that complain never put out their own predictions. Reminds me of the person who complains on how out of shape some of these bodybuilders are while sitting in front of the computer screen drinking a beer with their shirt hanging out.

I don't make predictions, because I don't have the time-nor do I care to spend that much time around the sport anymore- to critique all the competitors. This and maybe one other site are all I see photos on, and I usually reserve my predictions after I see them, because in this day and age anything can happen. One case (not pro), is Alex A. Guy was phenomenal leading up to the show, such low bodyfat %, and even with the lack of size he had, he could have won. Come time to place himself onstage he completely tanked. Bad coloring, lost his condition he'd been showing, and then things snowballed from there.
Ron, I've been after you for years about your typos...I'm not just being a prick and trying to point them out. They are so obvious, it makes your writing hard to read, quite often you'll make a mistake, and I have to spend time trying to figure out which direction you really were trying to take the reader (myself and whoever else). That, is all I'm trying to say. It's one thing to use the word "know" when you wanted to say "now." Or "reed" instead of "read."
Anyway....I guess I'll log off and try to be in shape sometime, Ron. ::) Apples and oranges fearless one. ::)

Stavios

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »
Ok, 220 pounds is not small, medium then.

220 ?

try 245 at one week out  8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
I was 14 lbs heavier than when i turned pro and looked smooth my arms were 20 but yeah with no cuts they might as well have been. maybe I need to eat more quaker oats?

I was confident then as i am now that You will never be invited to the Arnold Classic and I was :o
good stuff man, so how are you gonna spend your 350 dollar, 8th place check? :D

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »
Ron:

I do not know how you could leave DeShaun Grimez out of the top ten. This pick is from 1.5 weeks out. Looks pretty freaky to me.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
Ron:

I do not know how you could leave DeShaun Grimez out of the top ten. This pick is from 1.5 weeks out. Looks pretty freaky to me.
holy shit, looks great, what's going on with the right delt though?

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
Ron:

other shots ?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
Odd no Evan Centapoli (sp) what is he gonna wait 5 yrs before he's ready to compete, it's already been a little over 2 yrs.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
supposedly Libertore is going to take 2009 off to "add size" for 2010, these guys should just compete and get the experience. ::)

Stavios

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »
Odd no Evan Centapoli (sp) what is he gonna wait 5 yrs before he's ready to compete, it's already been a little over 2 yrs.

he will do the new york pro

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »
HALEY has stepped it up,bigtime size looks like a pro now and hard conditioning.deshawn dosen't have haleys density yet.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »
I do not know how you could leave DeShaun Grimez out of the top ten

He does look good, but the top 10 out of 27 competitors if harder than it looks.

Will DeShaun beat AD? Or others... anything can happen. That is the beauty of predictions, I get to be proved wrong, and see some surprises in the beginning of the season.

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 01:16:51 PM »
He does look good, but the top 10 out of 27 competitors if harder than it looks.

Will DeShaun beat AD? Or others... anything can happen. That is the beauty of predictions, I get to be proved wrong, and see some surprises in the beginning of the season.

How about a bet, Ron ?!

if Haley places top 3, you have to proclame me the leader of Getbig for a week

if he placed lower than that, you can put me in timeout for a week  ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
Grimes has Abs that resemble Bob Chicks/Cutler type ... not so pretty, no ?
L

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
Howw about a bet, Ron ?! if Haley places top 3, you have to proclame me the leader of Getbig for a week

Put your top 5 or top 10 here, I am impressed that you have that much confidence in Haley. That is good to know, looking forward to see him higher! Isn't Hany helping him out?

Stavios

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Put your top 5 or top 10 here, I am impressed that you have that much confidence in Haley. That is good to know, looking forward to see him higher! Isn't Hany helping him out?

A guy named Tim Garner (I think I am right with this) is his nutritionnist.

Here is my top 5 !

1.Moe
2.Silvio
3.Marcus
4.Hidetada
5.Ahmad Haidar

8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »
he will do the new york pro

Good, but that remains to be seen.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 01:53:34 PM »
A guy named Tim Garner(I think I am right with this) is his nutritionnist.

Here is my top 5 !

1.Moe
2.Silvio
3.Marcus
4.Hidetada
5.Ahmad Haidar

8)
Agreed. Haley looks good.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »
A guy named Tim Garner (I think I am right with this) is his nutritionnist

Yes, I think so. Hany doesnt have anyone in the Ironman that he is working with this year.  He is busy with Phil Heath and Jay Cutler, both of which should be done at the Fit Expo along with Hany.

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »
1: Haider
2: haley
3: Grimez

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »
Grimez Should be in the TOP 5....
AD has not place ahead of Grimez (lost in the USA and Arnold)