Author Topic: blood and guts  (Read 3913 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
blood and guts
« on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:43 AM »

Way too much machine work. This vid would be nothing without Leroy's Screaming. He really makes the movie.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: blood and guts
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »

Way too much machine work. This vid would be nothing without Leroy's Screaming. He really makes the movie.
Leroy>Dorian!?     You want to call a truce now, or later?  :D

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
I always though all these years Doring was always an inch away from screaming " SHUT THE FUCK UP LEROY!!!!"

anyway that machine did wonders for his peaks

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:41:54 AM »

Did you expect Yates to cut down on machine training in order to increase your viewing pleasure?

Perhaps the excessive reliance on training apparatus is what prevented him from being a success at pro level...

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »
I'm just saying that every morning I wake up and watch some of these video's for motivation before training. Seeing Dorian curling on the nautilus machine make me wanna go back to sleep!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »

yes 425 pound barbell inclines for 6 reps is nothing. ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 07:09:38 AM »
yes 425 pound barbell inclines for 6 reps is nothing. ::)

Nothing for you stud, you used to do more didnt you, before you had to ease back by 300 pounds to ease the stress on your joints  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:23 AM »
Nothing for you stud, you used to do more didnt you, before you had to ease back by 300 pounds to ease the stress on your joints  ;D
you could always post a real picture of yourself and own me. :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:59 AM »
you could always post a real picture of yourself and own me. :D

Already did, nice try though  ;)

Barracuda

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Teeth in the Darkness
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:09 AM »
I always though all these years Doring was always an inch away from screaming " SHUT THE FUCK UP LEROY!!!!"

LOL..
Leroy:SQUEEZE IT!!!!!
Yates:That'll do Leroy...that'll do

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 09:09:50 AM »
Compared to other videos it blows. On the machines you cannot really see how much weight he's lifting. You don't see him train abs or forearms. Zero cardio, zero posing, and we don't know what he ate? There was such an opportunity to make shit loads of cash. People would buy his videos until the end of time. But since he was such a arrogant dry wank? He only made one video and without Leroy it wouldn't have been good at all.

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »
Compared to other videos it blows. On the machines you cannot really see how much weight he's lifting. You don't see him train abs or forearms. Zero cardio, zero posing, and we don't know what he ate? There was such an opportunity to make shit loads of cash. People would buy his videos until the end of time. But since he was such a arrogant dry wank? He only made one video and without Leroy it wouldn't have been good at all.

Haha fucking homo!

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:16:46 AM »
Hey man. I watch this stuff for motivation. I loved Blood and Guts right up until the point when I pressed the play button to watch "The Unbelieveable".

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
Hey man. I watch this stuff for motivation. I loved Blood and Guts right up until the point when I pressed the play button to watch "The Unbelieveable".

"Please please big man with ripped glutes tell me what you have eaten today!!"

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:21:04 AM »

rofl

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
GO FUCK YOURSELF. its a fly on the wall perspective of Yates doing his training. take it or leave it i dont care about watching these guys make shakes on vid and do cardio. read all of that in Yates book if ya really need to know.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »

sure why is that important to you? he was in off season - oh I get it

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
Did you expect Yates to cut down on machine training in order to increase your viewing pleasure?

Perhaps the excessive reliance on training apparatus is what prevented him from being a success at pro level...

ROFL..

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Worst fuckin' video - period!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »
i hate dorian yates because of his fans that over rate the fucking hell out of him

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »
i hate dorian yates because of his fans that over rate the fucking hell out of him

Those are the pity fans.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »
fuck yourself there candi-boy

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
One of my favorite tapes.  It's so rare to see real training.  Shawn Ray's "To the Extreme" is a real training tape. Who wants to see staged workouts?  Who cares about watching a guy doing a poor Cribs rip off showing their house?  I want to see the real weights used and actual workouts.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »
If you think Leroy wasn't the whole entertainment value for Blood and Guts? Watch how dull this video is without him.

You can say all you want that Blood and Guts is enough? Buy ask Big Diesel how much he's kicking himself in the ass for not filming himself more often. The guy was too big for his britches and it kept him from hitting his maximum earning potential. This is all we have of him.

Best BB ever? Very possibly. Most arrogant Pome knob ever? Absolutely! The fans got cheated in my opinion.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
One of my favorite tapes.  It's so rare to see real training.  Shawn Ray's "To the Extreme" is a real training tape. Who wants to see staged workouts?  Who cares about watching a guy doing a poor Cribs rip off showing their house?  I want to see the real weights used and actual workouts.

Me too. I bought magazines for ten years of my life up until the first real training video I saw. Of course Pumping Iron was first. But Blood and Guts was my first real experience watching serious training. Then along came The Unbelieveable and Blood and Guts has been sitting on the shelf ever since.