Author Topic: 171cm 200lbs jogging is very dangerous for knees?  (Read 12072 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: 171cm 200lbs jogging is very dangerous for knees?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
I don't like running, hurts my knees as well, although I've always had problems with my knees.  I prefer to go out on my bike, or hit the punchbag.  If you live near some good terrain, hiking up some hills is good too.

Dbol will do that....  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »
A spanish speaking asian jew.  Is that worse than a black jew?
Sammy Davis was alright by me.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
no need, i can just look up some of your posts in GayBay's gay sex threads.

good luck finding these "posts" ;)

E
E

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »
no need, i can just look up some of your posts in GayBay's gay sex threads.

What's with this fascination for big cocks, "Power Rod"?
Q

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2009, 02:00:12 AM »
Strong quads help your knees out if you are running. Running does not make your legs strong enough for running... if that makes sense. You need to supplement your running with weights - but I presume you already do that 'cause you are on here.

Most of all though, make sure your hams and calves are nice & flexible. Stretch the calves & hams a few times a day. If you are doing any stretching for the quads - stop it. Don't do it.

Try this for a few weeks - morning & night get your calves & hams nicely stretched but do not stretch your quads, ever.

Running does tighten your calves & your hams and they end up pulling on your knee from behind and this causes a lot of knee pain. This may or may not be your problem but it's worth a try.

Good luck.
Very good reply. Thanx.
You are right. Cus I feel pain at the hamstring tendon also. Maybe thats why i should stretch and i didnt do any. Because, i have never had problem with my knee since now. I try what you say.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2009, 02:04:10 AM »
Jogging at 200lbs should not be a problem.  Maybe at 260+ but not 200. 
But its depend on your height no? If my height is 160cm, 200lbs is obviously overweight.
Thats why I asked with my height 171cm.
If its still not problem,i try many stretch and running with different tecnics.
If it is,just stop running. Simple.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »
Strong quads help your knees out if you are running. Running does not make your legs strong enough for running... if that makes sense. You need to supplement your running with weights - but I presume you already do that 'cause you are on here.

Most of all though, make sure your hams and calves are nice & flexible. Stretch the calves & hams a few times a day. If you are doing any stretching for the quads - stop it. Don't do it.

Try this for a few weeks - morning & night get your calves & hams nicely stretched but do not stretch your quads, ever.

Running does tighten your calves & your hams and they end up pulling on your knee from behind and this causes a lot of knee pain. This may or may not be your problem but it's worth a try.

Good luck.

why should you not stretch the quads ?
tank u jesus

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
Good question.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »
Lately I jog and my knee begin to get hurt. It has not happened before,never.
Is there another bber who has same experience?
Advice will be well appreciated.

171 cm? :o

You're very tall for being a chinaman.

BTW, I saw Kill Bill 2 last night, thought it was awesome.
As empty as paradise

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »
im 1.85

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
171 cm? :o

You're very tall for being a chinaman.

BTW, I saw Kill Bill 2 last night, thought it was awesome.
Bruce Lee is same height as me though...

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
Lately I jog and my knee begin to get hurt. It has not happened before,never.
Is there another bber who has same experience?
Advice will be well appreciated.

oh man here we go again  ::)

i guess cockomu expects us to be in awe at how huge he must be you know, to have his knees hurt when he jogs because of all this humongous muscular mass he sports...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 08:38:37 AM »
oh man here we go again  ::)

i guess cockomu expects us to be in awe at how huge he must be you know, to have his knees hurt when he jogs because of all this humongous muscular mass he sports...
I dont have to prove anything here like ALEX or another guys.

Thats why I will be on stage again.

If I want to brag, I will post my pics weeks later and I will brag about me on purpose.
Plus I consider that my real weight is my weight on stage. Not now.
In bbing, how you look is the most important thing, not the weight. Hope you learn bit more.

Look, 171cm 200lbs with a bit of visual abs is totaly nothing special in BBing.
If you think it is, you are a pencil neck who envy about others.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2009, 06:40:22 AM »

A couple of reasons.

First of all, you want your quads to be tight to support the knee, you don't want your quads & calves/hams pulling the knee from both directions, the quads must dominate.

Second is that the most common stretches for the quads are also stretching the ligaments in the knee. Ligaments are a bit like leather - once you stretch them, they don't go back.

Finally, it is rare indeed that your quads get so tight that it would cause problems.

I trained with a guy who was in the 4 x 100 metre relay in the Atlanta Olympics - he helped me get back into shape after a knee op. A lot of the stuff we did was power exercises - but he put me onto why runners get knee pain and explained why most people don't need to stretch their quads. He's also a qualified doctor.

You have to do weights too - he's the guy that told me running does not give your muscles the strength they need to support your running.

Since following his advice, I have had knee pain only on the occasions I didn't bother keeping my hams & calves stretched. Stretching is, after all, boring as batshit.

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2009, 06:42:12 AM »
Deca should help with joints. Winny will not.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
A couple of reasons.

First of all, you want your quads to be tight to support the knee, you don't want your quads & calves/hams pulling the knee from both directions, the quads must dominate.

Second is that the most common stretches for the quads are also stretching the ligaments in the knee. Ligaments are a bit like leather - once you stretch them, they don't go back.

Finally, it is rare indeed that your quads get so tight that it would cause problems.

I trained with a guy who was in the 4 x 100 metre relay in the Atlanta Olympics - he helped me get back into shape after a knee op. A lot of the stuff we did was power exercises - but he put me onto why runners get knee pain and explained why most people don't need to stretch their quads. He's also a qualified doctor.

You have to do weights too - he's the guy that told me running does not give your muscles the strength they need to support your running.

Since following his advice, I have had knee pain only on the occasions I didn't bother keeping my hams & calves stretched. Stretching is, after all, boring as batshit.
Good post. Thanx.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
A couple of reasons.

interesting points!

i will stop quad stretching and see what happens...

Did he not stretch hams & calves either?
tank u jesus

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 08:14:24 AM »
im 1.85

best height

i'm 177cm
would love to be 185,i'm lucky that i am taller than most girls.if i was 171cm like kyomu i would kill myself

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2009, 08:23:18 AM »

best height

i'm 177cm
would love to be 185,i'm lucky that i am taller than most girls.if i was 171cm like kyomu i would kill myself
Haha. What a exaggerate.
I know some of shorter guys who are dating with hot chics. Plus I was surrounded by chics when i was a go go dancer in some night clubs in Barcelona. Sly and Tom Cruize are like my height and all the girls of chics are always wet when they were around.
What do you say?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »

best height

i'm 177cm

Why don't you kill yourself already looking like this??
from incomplete data

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »
Why don't you kill yourself already looking like this??

pretty good looking guy to me
post a pic bitch

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2009, 02:15:30 PM »
A couple of reasons.

Today I stretch my hams a lot and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than yesterday. You are completely right!
Thank you very much!

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »
interesting points!

i will stop quad stretching and see what happens...

Did he not stretch hams & calves either?

He did stretch hams & calves.

Basically, loosen the hams & calves, keep the quads tight. The pull from the muscles at the back of the knee can cause knee pain.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
Today I stretch my hams a lot and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than yesterday. You are completely right!
Thank you very much!

Glad to hear that. Don't forget the calves too though !