Author Topic: Ok, I Gave Him a Chance  (Read 15819 times)

The Coach

Ok, I Gave Him a Chance
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
But at this rate only the 3rd day in office and he's proven to be not only living up to being the biggest liberal in congress, but possibly the biggest lib in presidential history. Not only that, he's signed a death warrant for millions of babies. Screw him.

President Obama on Friday lifted a ban on federal funding for international groups that promote or perform abortions, reversing a policy of his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama signed the executive order one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president, who was long expected to make this move during his first week in office.

The so-called Mexico City policy requires any non-governmental organization to agree before receiving U.S. funds that they will "neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations."

It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that even talk about abortion if there is an unplanned pregnancy.

The policy was first instituted by President Ronald Reagan in 1984 and continued by President George H.W. Bush. The policy was reversed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, and re-instated by President George W. Bush in 2001.

Both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who will oversee foreign aid, had promised to do away with the gag rule during the presidential campaign. Clinton is to visit the U.S. Agency for International Development, through which much U.S. foreign aid is disbursed, later on Friday.

Organizations that had pressed Obama to make the abortion-ban change were jubilant.

"Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. "President Obama's actions will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning," said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.

Anti-abortion groups criticized the move.

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

Obama has spent his first days in office systematically signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations. On Thursday, he signed three executive orders to rein in secretive U.S. counterterror policies and end harsh interrogations.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Ok, I Gave Him a Chance
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »
Not to worry. obama can't order as many babies killed with a scalpel, as bush did with napalm.
a

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
Gonna give MattT a solid race for his money in the Idiots Stakes, I see.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
Good for him. Every woman has a right to terminate her pregnancy if she so wishes. And don't give me the standard 'It's a human life', The Coach - while the fetus is in the mother's womb, it's not an independent entity that has rights like an existing individual does. The female carries and nurtures it (willingly or not) and therefore gets to decide whether she wishes to continue playing host or not.

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
Listen to what Alex Jones has to say about Obama.
(all over youtube)

It's SCARY!
 :o

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
But at this rate only the 3rd day in office and he's proven to be not only living up to being the biggest liberal in congress, but possibly the biggest lib in presidential history. Not only that, he's signed a death warrant for millions of babies. Screw him.

President Obama on Friday lifted a ban on federal funding for international groups that promote or perform abortions, reversing a policy of his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama signed the executive order one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president, who was long expected to make this move during his first week in office.

The so-called Mexico City policy requires any non-governmental organization to agree before receiving U.S. funds that they will "neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations."

It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that even talk about abortion if there is an unplanned pregnancy.

The policy was first instituted by President Ronald Reagan in 1984 and continued by President George H.W. Bush. The policy was reversed by President Bill Clinton in 1993, and re-instated by President George W. Bush in 2001.

Both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who will oversee foreign aid, had promised to do away with the gag rule during the presidential campaign. Clinton is to visit the U.S. Agency for International Development, through which much U.S. foreign aid is disbursed, later on Friday.

Organizations that had pressed Obama to make the abortion-ban change were jubilant.

"Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. "President Obama's actions will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning," said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.

"President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control," said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

Obama has spent his first days in office systematically signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations. On Thursday, he signed three executive orders to rein in secretive U.S. counterterror policies and end harsh interrogations.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/
Obama is really really worry about what you think Coach  ::)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
Typical Republican. Angry, closet homo, drug addict.

With the world riding Obama's nuts the guy could be president longer than FDR if possible.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
Listen to what Alex Jones has to say about Obama.
(all over youtube)

It's SCARY!
 :o
Why would a Vegas lounge singer comment on obama?
a

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Obama is really really worry about what you think Coach  ::)
This would assume some sort of cognition on Coach's part. Bold statement, my friend. Bold statement.  ;D

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »
This would assume some sort of cognition on Coach's part. Bold statement, my friend. Bold statement.  ;D
Hahahaa, I fu#@ed up ,sorry about that Chimp  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
Good for him. Every woman has a right to terminate her pregnancy if she so wishes. And don't give me the standard 'It's a human life', The Coach - while the fetus is in the mother's womb, it's not an independent entity that has rights like an existing individual does. The female carries and nurtures it (willingly or not) and therefore gets to decide whether she wishes to continue playing host or not.

i agree

I really enjoy your new style of posting "kiwiol" :)

E
E

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
Threads like this ALWAYS bring out the true character of liberals.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
that negro's fucking shit up bad.

closing of guantanamo is a very very bad idea.  if for nothing else, it'll make those at the other end of US missile attacks more fearless, which is never a good thing.

also, his economic advisor reich or whatever his last name is should've used better words than "the economic stimulus should not go to white male construction workers".

as for the abortion thing, it'll get reversed with the next repub president, so it's no biggie.  SLUTS GET YOUR CUTS!!!
Deep Tissue Massage

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 05:02:34 PM »

Coach, do you have memories of your mothers womb? Why do you complain about AFDC but you want to force them to have their children?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
Abortion is muder.

The child feels the pain. You can see it screaming in films etc. Silent scream.

I dare you to google image abortion. Horrific

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »
Damnit I thought this thread was going to be about rampage

heathen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
go fuck jesus in the ass you wig wearing hump :)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »
Abortion is muder.

There is a general trend in areas where abortion has been introduced and that is that as abortions went up, crime rate went down. Abortions are done early most of the time and the only time they are done when the baby is fully developed is if the mothers life is in danger. Why should a woman not be allowed to have control over her body. Are they suppose to let her just die? What about if the baby isn't developing correctly? Are we suppose to let it remain under government care (which the coach hates because government is evil) and let it go to a special ed school where it can be taunted by other children? Why should someone be forced to be born with a birth defected body? You make it sound as if people are having unprotected sex and then waiting for the third trimester to abort the baby.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 05:12:23 PM »
Abortion is muder.

Just to give you an idea, most middle eastern countries are more lenient on abortion laws then Americans. Even women in the middle east who are "oppressed" are allowed to decide for themselves.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
Not to worry. obama can't order as many babies killed with a scalpel, as bush did with napalm.

Why don't hardliners ever care about late term abortions?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
You're such an idiot.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »

Your coment shows your ignorance.  Pres Bush protected the US from terrorists. His tough stance made the terrorists think before they came after us again.  That's much dif than killing unborn babies.  Think before you write.

heathen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
instead of whining about shit that aint none of your concern(what a woman does with HER body) why dont you go adopt some unwanted kids you sawed off midget >:(

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »
You don't condemn torture or putting people into secret prisons without trail, yet you want to strip women of a very important civil liberty.

It's like Kiwiol said. A mother plays host to a fetus and if she doesn't want to bear the sacrifice, then no one should force her.

I know rational thinking isn't your strong point, you useless midget, but try and understand.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »

Man... you know coach. I don't know what to say to you to get through. I have written and deleted about 5 different responses right now. You are just so God damn dumb that im at a loss of words right now. Congratulations!! I am speechless  :)