Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 757004 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Big Show & Khali get into a scrap backstage...
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2009, 04:36:46 AM »
Here's the latest from PWI....

As noted earlier, the talk at last night's RAW taping in Chicago was a backstage fight between The Great Khali and Big Show that took place at Saturday's WWE Smackdown/ECW house show event in Arecibo, Puerto Rico at the Manuel Iguina Coliseum.

According to several sources, there was said to have been some heat between the two even before the fight took place. This includes Show reportedly being upset with Khali using moves that he feels should be exclusive to him as a "giant" in WWE. As for the fight itself, the two were described as getting into an argument after a six man tag team match that night which featured The Undertaker, The Great Khali & Matt Hardy vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk & WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show. One story said Khali botched the finish and Show called him out on it and they started grappling around.

Upon arriving backstage, The Big Show reportedly threw the first punch as one source described it. Khali blocked it (in what some described as the same exact way he does it in the ring) and the two began fighting. Show then slipped on something and went down leading to Khali jumping on top of him. At this point several wrestlers including The Undertaker broke it up and the crew was ordered at that point to keep them apart of the rest of the tour in Puerto Rico. For what it is worth, Big Show was seen as being at fault for the fight among the wrestlers as we noted earlier

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2009, 06:32:05 AM »
Source: prowrestling.com

In an update to the earlier story on The Great Khali and Big Show's backstage fight over the weekend, apparently there has been some underlying heat between the two for some time now as Big Show has been upset that Khali uses some moves in the ring that Show feels should be exclusive to him "as a giant."

Another account of the fight says that they were arguing for a few minutes before Big Show threw the first punch. Khali blocked it "exactly like he does in the ring" and they began fighting. That's when Show slipped on someone's bag and went down. Khali then mounted him before they were broken up.

Some backstage felt that Big Show was at fault in the situation.

lol exclusive to him. You mean the 3 moves that he does?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:45 AM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

-- The very audible "Cody" chant that took place at the conclusion of last week's episode of RAW was dubbed out in favor of "Cena" chants on A.M. Raw over the weekend.

For those wondering, Floyd Mayweather Jr’s legal issues surrounding a shooting did indeed cause him to arrive late at the building for RAW last week. A WWE source says that company officials handled him “with kid gloves” and noted Mayweather was noticeably, but understandably, distracted.

His delayed arrival caused a lot of last minute re-writes by the RAW creative team and they had to bring him up to speed on what he’d be doing on the show. One source says that Vince’s birthday celebration was moved to the opening segment because Mayweather wasn’t ready to go yet. In a show of just how chaotic things were backstage, during the broadcast Michael Cole plugged a Kofi Kingston match for later in the evening which never took place.

Hulk Hogan is definitely "making overtures" to try to get into TNA. Hogan has used TNA as a negotiating ploy to get back with WWE in the past so we shall see.

As noted earlier today here on the website, Hulk Hogan was on the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio yesterday and talked about Kurt Angle's current women problems. They ended up calling Angle and Angle suggested that Hogan put the red, white and blue back on and they could have a feud together in TNA. Hogan responded saying he could definitely make that happen. At this point Bubba tried to call TNA President Dixie Carter, but no one answered. This again seems to be another attempt by Hogan to get back into WWE that he seems to do every year. It should be noted that Hogan and Bubba were both drinking as they did the show.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »
credit: PWTorch.com Newsletter

-- Vince McMahon is said to be more focused on the RAW program than ever before, and giving less time to SmackDown and ECW. There’s a lot of frustration within WWE regarding the shaky status of MyNetwork TV going forward, and as a result, SmackDown isn’t commanding as much of Vince’s attention as it has in the past. There are some weeks where lead SmackDown writer Michael Hayes spends as little as 20 to 30 minutes running the show by Vince

Despite an apparent real-life feud, Jeff Jarrett noted Kurt Angle as the best in-ring performer in the history of the wrestling industry during a media appearance in Australia over the weekend.

"He doesn't have a peer in this business for his ability once the bell rings," Jarrett said. "From bell to bell I think he may be the best this business has ever produced."

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to sources, the belief is that Rey Mysterio's 30 day suspension from WWE will cost him in excess of $100,000. This figure has been determined due to Mysterio missing two PPV events (he will miss Sunday's Breaking Point PPV and will likely miss the Hell in a Cell PPV on October 4 since they would have no TV time to build up a match) and four weeks of house show events.

Like other drug-related suspensions in WWE, Mysterio will not be getting paid his downside guarantee and will not be able to collect the normal money he would make from appearing on house show and PPV events if he was still performing. He will still be collecting merchandise revenue during his 30 day suspension though, which is still a huge revenue source for him in WWE. It is believed that Mysterio is earning in the range of $1.5 million annually, but a good deal of that comes from strong merchandise sales as he is one of the top sellers in WWE. It is interesting to note that his money earning ability from merchandise has always been strong and even continued to be while he was out battling injuries on a frequent basis. Mysterio dropped the Intercontinental Championship to John Morrison on this past week's Friday Night Smackdown and Morrison will now defend that title against Dolph Ziggler at Breaking Point on Sunday.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »
lol exclusive to him. You mean the 3 moves that he does?
Ya really, ha ha ha....

What kills me is he's one to complain considering he get 1 mill per yr from the fed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:33 AM »
-- As reported earlier, WWE cut a number of developmental talents over the weekend including Espiral (Sicodelico, Jr.), Kris Logan (Brian Cage), Aiden Frost (Jason Riggs), Troy Jackman (Ian Richardson) and Fletcher Chase (Jason Garrison). Apparently, WWE isn't through yet. It's being said that more cuts within developmental are expected. Stay tuned.

-- As seen last night on Raw, Lilian Garcia made a noticeable miscue by announcing a Triple Threat Match for the Number One Contendership to the WWE Divas Championship. However, there were only two Divas in the match — Alicia Fox and Gail Kim. Garcia addressed the announcing mishap this morning on her Twitter account.

Here's what she wrote down:

"Was told that it was going to be a Triple Threat match so that is what I announced. That's Live TV for ya. Only doing my job, cause I got told by the ref in the ring after my announcement that it was a singles match. Things not always what they seem." It's been speculated that some people backstage may have purposefully given her false information considering WWE has a history of making talent who are on their way out of the company look bad. While that may have been the case, as of early in the afternoon, WWE had plans for the Divas match to be a Triple Threat Match.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Newsday has reported that Jack Foley, the father of TNA performer Mick Foley, passed away yesterday. He had been battling a very long illness. We would like to pass along our condolences to the Foley family.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Former WCW U.S. and World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will not be a part of the upcoming Hulk Hogan Tour of Australia, according to his Twitter: Zero plans to join Hogan's Tour.....The old man wants all the $ for himself. Plus, 3 reality shows on tap.

Hulk Hogan's former attorneys are denying all charges and accusations against them.

Former WWE I-C and Women's Champion Chyna will be appearing at the Legends of the Ring on October 24th in Monroe, NJ
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-- Former WWE superstar Jeff Hardy is thanking fans for their support in the wake of his Friday arrest for drug trafficking. Hardy wrote a message on Twitter on Monday morning stating, "Thanks for your undying support-Love u guys!" He also encouraged his followers to add a "Twibbon" to their avatars, which is a small icon that allows Twitter users to show support for a particular cause. The description of Jeff Hardy's Twibbon icon reads, "To show Jeff Hardy that we all support him and love him no matter what. That we as fans stand beside him thru everything! If you are a Twitter user, visit Twibbon.com to add a Jeff Hardy Twibbon to your profile.

-- Brett DiBiase was described as a stud by at least one WWE source who said that he was more relaxed than his brother Ted when the camera was on. Mike DiBiase, the third brother, is said to have lots of potential, but he has lots of different problems and that is why he isn't currently with the company. The original idea in WWE was to team all three of them up and call them the "Billionaire Boys Society" playing off of Ted Sr.'s gimmick and making them very pompous.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
-- As reported earlier, WWE cut a number of developmental talents over the weekend including Espiral (Sicodelico, Jr.), Kris Logan (Brian Cage), Aiden Frost (Jason Riggs), Troy Jackman (Ian Richardson) and Fletcher Chase (Jason Garrison). Apparently, WWE isn't through yet. It's being said that more cuts within developmental are expected. Stay tuned.

-- As seen last night on Raw, Lilian Garcia made a noticeable miscue by announcing a Triple Threat Match for the Number One Contendership to the WWE Divas Championship. However, there were only two Divas in the match — Alicia Fox and Gail Kim. Garcia addressed the announcing mishap this morning on her Twitter account.

Here's what she wrote down:

"Was told that it was going to be a Triple Threat match so that is what I announced. That's Live TV for ya. Only doing my job, cause I got told by the ref in the ring after my announcement that it was a singles match. Things not always what they seem." It's been speculated that some people backstage may have purposefully given her false information considering WWE has a history of making talent who are on their way out of the company look bad. While that may have been the case, as of early in the afternoon, WWE had plans for the Divas match to be a Triple Threat Match.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Newsday has reported that Jack Foley, the father of TNA performer Mick Foley, passed away yesterday. He had been battling a very long illness. We would like to pass along our condolences to the Foley family.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Former WCW U.S. and World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will not be a part of the upcoming Hulk Hogan Tour of Australia, according to his Twitter: Zero plans to join Hogan's Tour.....The old man wants all the $ for himself. Plus, 3 reality shows on tap.

Hulk Hogan's former attorneys are denying all charges and accusations against them.

Former WWE I-C and Women's Champion Chyna will be appearing at the Legends of the Ring on October 24th in Monroe, NJ
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-- Former WWE superstar Jeff Hardy is thanking fans for their support in the wake of his Friday arrest for drug trafficking. Hardy wrote a message on Twitter on Monday morning stating, "Thanks for your undying support-Love u guys!" He also encouraged his followers to add a "Twibbon" to their avatars, which is a small icon that allows Twitter users to show support for a particular cause. The description of Jeff Hardy's Twibbon icon reads, "To show Jeff Hardy that we all support him and love him no matter what. That we as fans stand beside him thru everything! If you are a Twitter user, visit Twibbon.com to add a Jeff Hardy Twibbon to your profile.

-- Brett DiBiase was described as a stud by at least one WWE source who said that he was more relaxed than his brother Ted when the camera was on. Mike DiBiase, the third brother, is said to have lots of potential, but he has lots of different problems and that is why he isn't currently with the company. The original idea in WWE was to team all three of them up and call them the "Billionaire Boys Society" playing off of Ted Sr.'s gimmick and making them very pompous.

Lillian has been screwing up a lot in the past year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »

On her Facebook account, Former WWE/ECW Vixen Tammy "Sunny" Sytch had some rather harsh things to say regarding Lacey Von Erich's "less than stellar" TNA debut last week. Many online have criticized the clothesline she delivered to Taylor Wilde upon jumping the ring.

Sytch's original status update is as follows: "Tamara Lynn Sytch wants to know who else thought Lacey Von Erich's TNA debut was less than stellar?? Man, she stinks!"

Here are further comments she made regarding the TNA newcomer under her status update:

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "i mean, shes so bad, WWE fired her from developmental after 4 months... I thought TNA prided themselves on girls who could WORK!"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "hey, it's not hard at all to LOOK hot...it's a lot harder to know how to work"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "nope, not a single ounce of jealousy Tim...just wondering where the business that I grew up loving has gone. Talent just doesn't seem to matter anymore"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "how can I be jealous of a disrespectful no-talent bimbo who is only in the business b/c she was born to a suicidal drug addict?"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "no personal issue with her...it just aggrivates me when some get jobs and dont deserve it, when there are plenty of girls out there with looks and talent who should have those spots"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "hey, I never relied on my looks for ANY job....think about it...I was one of the girls who was actually GOOD on the mike. I never said I was a wrestler...Im not. Never was. Never will be. do what I do for 20 years and you earn the right to critique the work of others...dont like it? Dont listen. Easy as that."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "i agree.. Trish started a whole new era of women's wrestling.,I tell her that every time I see her...You see, I gladly give credit where credit is due.... but Lacey doesn't know how to handle herself in the ring, or out of the ring among her peers either...trust me, she's not a popular girl, for more reasons than one."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "ok...so if Uncle Kevin says do it, does that make you good? If your uncle told you to be a plumber, would you be good at it?"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "no, ive seen her work on indies that Ive been on...there's no helping that situation...she's bad. Candice was better than her."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "I also heard she's walking around the locker room like she owns the place... Just wait til Kong gets a hold of that!"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "the only thing she has going for her is her looks...its sad

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

The early WWE SummerSlam 2009 PPV buyrate estimated by WWE according to their official WWE Corporate website is 375,000-380,000. With the figure being an early estimate, the official number could always come in higher. Comparatively, SummerSlam 2008 last year drew 500,000 PPV buys.

On Monday, it was reported that A.J. Styles and Matt Morgan have signed new 5-year contract extensions with TNA Wrestling.

As noted yesterday, Matt Morgan wrote a message on his Twitter page (Twitter.com/TNAMattMorgan) responding to a fan who asked if news about his new contract was true. Morgan responded, “Have no clue how you would know that, but yes that’s true. Signed it last week and am looking forward to five more improving years.”

A.J. Styles on the other hand may not have signed a new contract. In an update from yesterday's report, the deal is not finalized yet. Styles is currently in the second year of a deal he signed over a year ago.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2009, 06:50:12 PM »

On her Facebook account, Former WWE/ECW Vixen Tammy "Sunny" Sytch had some rather harsh things to say regarding Lacey Von Erich's "less than stellar" TNA debut last week. Many online have criticized the clothesline she delivered to Taylor Wilde upon jumping the ring.

Sytch's original status update is as follows: "Tamara Lynn Sytch wants to know who else thought Lacey Von Erich's TNA debut was less than stellar?? Man, she stinks!"

Here are further comments she made regarding the TNA newcomer under her status update:

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "i mean, shes so bad, WWE fired her from developmental after 4 months... I thought TNA prided themselves on girls who could WORK!"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "hey, it's not hard at all to LOOK hot...it's a lot harder to know how to work"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "nope, not a single ounce of jealousy Tim...just wondering where the business that I grew up loving has gone. Talent just doesn't seem to matter anymore"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "how can I be jealous of a disrespectful no-talent bimbo who is only in the business b/c she was born to a suicidal drug addict?"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "no personal issue with her...it just aggrivates me when some get jobs and dont deserve it, when there are plenty of girls out there with looks and talent who should have those spots"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "hey, I never relied on my looks for ANY job....think about it...I was one of the girls who was actually GOOD on the mike. I never said I was a wrestler...Im not. Never was. Never will be. do what I do for 20 years and you earn the right to critique the work of others...dont like it? Dont listen. Easy as that."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "i agree.. Trish started a whole new era of women's wrestling.,I tell her that every time I see her...You see, I gladly give credit where credit is due.... but Lacey doesn't know how to handle herself in the ring, or out of the ring among her peers either...trust me, she's not a popular girl, for more reasons than one."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "ok...so if Uncle Kevin says do it, does that make you good? If your uncle told you to be a plumber, would you be good at it?"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "no, ive seen her work on indies that Ive been on...there's no helping that situation...she's bad. Candice was better than her."

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "I also heard she's walking around the locker room like she owns the place... Just wait til Kong gets a hold of that!"

Tamara Lynn Sytch: "the only thing she has going for her is her looks...its sad

I have a hard time believing this is NOT personal.
Tammy seems to care just a little bit too much about it for this to be a purely subjective critique.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
 NEWS > TNA > WWE > 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| More
Posted in: NEWS
Ric Flair Engaged Again, WWE Sues Wine School, Austin Talks Movies
By Michael Bluth
Oct 12, 2009 - 3:26:56 PM

-- According to Philadelphia's CityPaper.net, WWE lawyers have sent a cease-and-desist letter to the Wine School of Philadelphia for an event they're holding called “Sommelier Smackdown,“ where a professional sommelier’s food and wine pairings are matched against those of a member of the Wine School, with students voting for the winner. Keith Wallace, the school's founder and director, says he has no plans to stop using the smackdown phrase. “They don’t have a leg to stand on. I am not going to bow down to a bully,” he said in a press release. “They claim that they own the term "smackdown" but they don’t.” In response to the WWE threat, Wallace is calling out Mr. McMahon Chris Jerico to a wine-tasting double-team cage match.

-- HecklerSpray.com has posted an interview with Steve Austin, who talks about his various movie projects.

-- Ric Flair is said to be engaged to be married once again. According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, Flair has been seen around with his girlfriend, who is sporting a new ring on his finger. This would be Flair's fourth time down the aisle.

Nancy O'Dell "WWE's Hottest Fan", Kane's Role in Puerto Rico Wild Riot and more
By Amish Patel
Oct 12, 2009 - 2:39:07 PM

- There is an article on OKMagazine about Nancy O'Dell and her being named "WWE's Hottest Fan". Check that out here.

- In his latest blog update, Dutch Mantell talks about Kane and his early years in wrestling, including details on a wild riot in Puerto Rico in which Kane was involved. There are also some rare Kane photos posted. You can read it here.

More On Trish & Lilian In NYC, Austin's New Movie Does Well Overseas & More
By Michael Bluth
Oct 12, 2009 - 2:35:23 PM

-- As we reported last week, John Cena's next WWE Studios movie "Oxley's Road" is set to start shooting in New Orleans later this year. guy.com posted a note that says producers are still looking for the young actor who'll play John Cena's little brother.

-- Jim Ross wrote in his latest JRsBarBQ.com blog that Steve Austin's new movie "Damage" did strong sales in its first week in the United Kingdom. "Damage debuted at #5 on the i-Tunes store chart in the U.K. and #3 in DVD sales through major retailer HMV," Ross said. The movie went straight to DVD in the UK and is scheduled for theatrical release in the U.S. on January 28, 2010.

-- As reported over the weekend, former WWE divas Trish Stratus and Lilian Garcia partied in New York City together celebrating Lilian's recent wedding. This morning, Lilian wrote a message on Twitter.com/LilianGarcia thanking Trish for the "amazing" weekend: "Sad today cause Trish has to leave. :-( Had an amazing wkend with her. Thks grl 4 cming & celebrtng my wedding! U r the best!! Luv ya!"

Access Hollywood Hosts for Tonight and Update on Osbourne's Hosting RAW
By Amish Patel
Oct 12, 2009 - 2:30:18 PM

- Hey guys just wanted to pass along that Nancy O’Dell and Maria Menounos of Access Hollywood were on the Bob and Tom show this morning, talking about their appearance on Raw tonight. The Bob and Tom show is based out of Indianapolis, where Raw is tonight. Anyway, it was about a five minute segment with them talking about Nancy’s foundation, which is hoping to spread the word through hosting the show. Apparently Nancy and Maria are both big wrestling fans. When asked who their favorites are O’Dell said, “The good girl in me says John Cena but I really like Randy Orton.” Menounos also said Orton was her favorite. O’Dell then added “but I really like Chris Jericho and Big Show, they make a great tag team.” The segment ended with them plugging the show for tonight saying it will be a lot of fun with some surprises. A TV version of the show airs at Midnight tonight on WGNAmerican. (Credit: to Kevin McGuffey and PWInsider.com)

- In an update to my earlier post, Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon are likely to be hosting RAW on November 2nd from Worcester, Massachusetts.

SNL's Andy Sandberg Not Guest Hosting WWE Monday Night RAW
By Justncredible818
Oct 12, 2009 - 1:38:21 PM

There has been speculation that Andy Sandberg, from NBC's "Saturday Night Live" would be hosting the forthcoming edition of WWE Monday Night RAW two weeks from tonight @ The HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY, but to all the fans of Andy & "SNL" alike, along with the WWE Universe, I received word from Andy's agent, Molly Kawachi: "Andy is not hosting the WWE event." Let the speculation continue as to who will be leading the charge on October 26th, the night after the WWE Bragging Rights PPV in Pittsburgh, PA.

WWE Presents Monday Night RAW
Monday, October 26th, 2009 @ 8:15PM ET
Live from The HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY.
The night's main event will feature Randy Orton defending the WWE Championship against John Cena. Plus, see all of your favorite RAW superstars, including triple H, MVP, The Big show, Santino Marella, Carlito, Chris Masters, Hornswoggle, & many, many more.
Tickets are on sale now. Tickets are $62.50, $42.50, $32.50, $24.50, & $17.50, which include $2.50 facility fee. Tickets can be purchased at the HSBC Arena Box Office, online at www.Tickets.com, as well as all Tickets.com outlets, including participating Tops Markets. All dates, acts, & ticket prices are subject to change without notice. For more information, or to charge by phone, call toll free at (888) 223-6000. Tickets are subject to applicable service charges (no service charge applies at HSBC Arena Box Office).

Monday Night Mayhem -- "Home Of Wrestling Radio"
Broadcast Live & Worldwide On The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network
www.MondayNightMayhem.co m
www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem
www.Facebook.com/MondayNightMayhem
www.OnlineWorldOfWrestli ng.com
www.AudioWrestling.com
www.ITunes.com

The Return of "War Games", RAW vs. SmackDown and WWE PPV Name Changes
By Amish Patel
Oct 12, 2009 - 8:25:52 AM

- Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights:

* I read on line where WWE was kicking around the "War Games" theme for a possible return to PPV. I think that's a good idea as the traditional "War Games" concept was two teams of five and the bad guys winning every coin toss in existence which allowed them to always start with a 2 on 1 advantage. No, I don't endorse that "every match be a War Games match" but I do think that it makes for a cool theme name and having one "War Games" bout would be marketable if the table was set correctly with the right talents that all had organic reasons to be "teammates." Please read this carefully and don't go into business for yourself inasmuch as I'm saying that this is going to happen but that it was merely something that I read being discussed on line and we all know all those things can be at times.

* How many Raw vs. Smackdown bouts will there end up being at Bragging Rights? I don't have the answer but I'm assuming just one or maybe two and the second one could even be a Divas bout. Again, that's individual speculation as the only thing that I've heard is a big, Raw vs. Smackdown tag bout which will likely be a focus of Raw and SD this week. It's hard to believe that there is another PPV in just a couple of weeks. These three week turnarounds from PPV to PPV are like NASCAR pit stops.

* We've gotten many emails about why WWE is changing so many of their PPV names. I haven't been consulted nor am I complaining about such but obviously it's with the thought of better marketing upcoming PPV events and therefore increasing the # of PPV buys these events garner. I would be surprised if any of the old school originals are changed but I see no issue in re-branding some of the other lesser tenured PPV's.

Read the blog in its entirety here.

Media outlet rips Al Sharpton for Monday's WWE RAW hosting gig
By Brian Cantor
Sep 28, 2009 - 12:51:29 AM

The Durham Herald-Sun is the latest media outlet to criticize the Reverend Al Sharpton for booking a gig as a WWE RAW guest host, with the commentator noting, "I haven't been this disappointed since MC Hammer was dancing around with a bucket of fried chicken in those KFC commercials back in the day."

Calling Sharpton's scheduled WWE appearance evidence of "hard times for Civil Rights leaders," author Paul Scott adds, "Now, I know that WWE has millions of viewers but I just don't see why the good Rev would lower himself to appear on a show with overweight men in tights beating each other's brains out with steel chairs."

Noting Sharpton's goal of promoting his education initiative, the outlet does not believe WWE represents a good venue for the cause, likening Sharpton appearing on RAW to "Gloria Steinem [doing] an appearance at a strip club to promote her new book on Sexism."

"So, whatcha gonna do Al, blindside Randy Orton with an encyclopedia on his way to the ring," the author asks.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
Former WWE Diva Appearing In 'Playboy' Again?, George "The Animal" Steele Speaks
By Daniel Pena
Sep 27, 2009 - 11:01:10 AM

-- Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro is claiming on her Twitter account that she has a Playboy cover shoot coming up shortly.

Massaro wrote: "officially got word my next Playboy cover shoot is approaching rapidly! finally yay! i assume should be out by winter!!!!!! booyaaaaaaa"

Massaro appeared on the cover of the April 2007 edition of Playboy. She has largely kept herself out of the public eye since her July 2008 release from WWE.

Bret Hart discusses Breaking Point Montreal Screwjob, WWE return, and lots more!
By Justncredible818
Sep 23, 2009 - 10:43:43 PM

Monday Night Mayhem -- "Home Of Wrestling Radio"
Broadcast Live & Worldwide On The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network
www.MondayNightMayhem.co m
www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem
www.Facebook.com/MondayNightMayhem
www.OnlineWorldOfWrestli ng.com
www.AudioWrestling.com
www.ITunes.com

Bret "Hitman" Hart Discusses The Breaking Point Screwjob In Montreal (And If A WWE Return Is Indeed In The Works/Forthcoming), Ric Flair "Wrestling In Front Of Chairs Every Night" (And His Response To "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's Comments For Him To End His "War Of Words" With "The Nature Boy"), Working With Ring Of Honor (And How His Current Negotiations To Be A Part Of The Company Full-Time Are Progressing), & If He Has Been Approached By Hulk Hogan/Eric Bischoff To Be A Part Of This November's "Hulkamania" Tour In Australia

Courtesy: www.MondayNightMayhem.co m

WWE Hall Of Famer (Class Of 2006), former five-time WWE Champion, & former two-time WWE Intercontinental/World Tag Team Champion, Bret "Hitman" Hart, was the special guest on this week's live edition (09/21/09) of Monday Night Mayhem (presented by ReelWrestling.com), hosted by The Big Mosh, Blade, & "The Chairman Of The Board" Todd Vincent (with special guest analyst, The History Of WWE.com's Graham Cawthon). You can feel The Mayhem live & in streaming audio every Monday night (at 8PM ET/7PM CT), exclusively on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network (www.MondayNightMayhem.co m, www.ITunes.com. www.AudioWrestling.com, www.Facebook.com/MondayNightMayhem, www.MySpace.com/MondayNightMayhem, & www.OnlineWorldOfWrestli ng.com).

Bret's return to The Mayhem (his first MNM appearance in over three years/as part of the "MNM Fall Tour '09") is now available for free in Windows Streaming Media, or via The Mayhem's official Podcast On ITunes:

Bret "Hitman" Hart/Monday Night Mayhem Interview (MNM Streaming Audio): http://www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/092109.wax

Bret "Hitman" Hart/Monday Night Mayhem Interview (MNM Podcast On ITunes): http://www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/sept09/092109.mp3

Here are some of the highlights of the Bret's exclusive interview, provided by The Mayhem's official correspondent, Paterson From New Jersey:

==================================================================================================================

"The Excellence Of Execution" joined The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network for his second-ever MNM appearance, this time to discuss his work with Ring Of Honor as part of their "Final Countdown Tour." Bret was very candid with The Mayhem Crew about how happy he has been in this latest chapter, in working with ROH, since the summer. "Everything's been really good. I've had a lot of fun so far with being part of this Ring Of Honor stuff for the last few months. I had a great time in Chicago, and I'm looking forward to going back to The Manhattan Center in New York. I have a lot of memories there, and I'm hoping a lot of my old fans come down just to say hi. For me, I always had my best fans in New York. If I could have one match in one place, it would be Madison Square Garden."

Bret was part of the Ring Of Honor show last weekend in "The Windy City," and many who attended the event have gone public about the tremendous fan interaction with Bret & the fans in attendance. Mosh asked "The Hitman" how has been working with Ring Of Honor so far to this point. "I have a lot of respect for the company & the wrestlers that work the shows. The wrestlers work really hard on the shows I've watched, and I just have respect for anyone who can just leave it on the field. For me it's been a lot of fun, I'm kinda riding the coattails of the guys that are really doing all the work on these shows. I'm quite honored to be aligned with them & to help a little more attention to them."

As part of "The Summer Of Mayhem 2009" this July, Ring Of Honor's Owner, Cary Silkin, appeared on the program, and said that he would love to have the opportunity & chance to sit down with Bret to see if a possible longer-term deal could happen for him to stay around as more of a permanent fixture than just the few appearances he is in the midst of right now. Hart was asked for his response & Cary's Mayhem comments, and if any type of negotiations have started. "We've kinda talked about it a little bit, but we really never had that 'heart-to-heart' the way he talked about. I'm not sure what I could do for them. I sometimes feel I'm somewhat limited in what I can do and the different roles I could play in wrestling is quite limited. At the same time, I do have a lot of high regard for Ring Of Honor, and in a way they remind of my dad's old Stampede Wrestling company. I'm confident that with or without me, or whatever role I could play with them, that they're a company that's gonna keep getting bigger & bigger, and that's a credit to there fan base & the wrestlers that work for them every night."

"The Chairman Of The Board" asked Bret what about Ring Of Honor made him want to work with them & what standout wrestlers has he seen so far in ROH. "I think what I liked about it was that they had AJ Styles for example, someone I have a lot of respect for. One of the first times I saw him was in Ring Of Honor. There's a lot of guys like that. Teddy Hart, CM Punk...There's a lot of guys that really stepped up a notch in the business & taken the business in a good direction right now with hard work. And that's what I like about them the most." And ROH guys that have caught his eye: "I'll be honest with you, I'm not so familiar with many of the names. I know them all by face in the back. And I've talked to them like regular guys, but I'm not sure what their gimmick names are. I may not be much help to you on that."

In addition to Bret Hart, Ring Of Honor has also recently used Ric Flair to help promote, and the history between "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be" & "The Nature Boy" is well known & well-documented. & Hart is well known. Both do not get along, and it pretty much started in a few books written by the two over the past several years. A clip was played from "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's appearance on The Mayhem this past August (as part of "The Summer Of Mayhem 2009") about the two (saying the both should try to make peace with one another as much as possible, let it go, & move on), and Bret was asked to comment on the what Piper said & his feud with Flair. "Well I relate to what Roddy is saying. It's not his place to get involved between the little 'war of words' between me & Ric Flair. But the truth is the 'war of words' between me & Ric Flair, I said my peace in my book. I was honest about my working relationship with Ric Flair, and it's funny for guys like Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair to write stuff in their books and say what they want, and I don't even know if I agree with their honesty in their books. But my book was very honest, and I just told the truth." He continued, "To be honest, I don't have a big issue with Ric Flair. I hope Ric Flair is well, and I have a lot of respect for Ric Flair at different levels. He was a great wrestler, one of the best-conditioned wrestlers, and these are things I said in my book. I just didn't tear him down with no credit at all. I think he is a great wrestler, and he contributed a lot to the business over the years. Other than, there are no war of words. I respect what he has done, but I don't know if I could agree with him. He's the one who tries to belittle what I have accomplished in wrestling saying I never drew money & stuff like that. I stand for everything I've done in the business. I wrestled in front of audiences every night all around the United States, while in WCW Ric Flair wrestled in front of chairs every night...All in all I can say a lot of things about Ric Flair as a wrestler. It's just unfortunate that he's got a drinking problem, and it tends to shoot his mouth off sometimes, and that's just more of a sad, pathetic state of affairs than anything else."

At the latest WWE Pay-Per-View, Breaking Point, "The Montreal Screwjob" was redone once again (in the World Heavyweight Championship submission Match between CM Punk & The Undertaker), and many fans are getting more irritated at the fact that the WWE simply cannot let this go. Bret was asked for his candid thoughts about the events of last Sunday night & the chants of "You Screwed Bret" that not only echoed the confines of The Bell Centre, but The Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario the next night on RAW. "I have al ot of fans across Canada, so you're get the same reaction in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, or anywhere else. But Montreal is especially sensitive to it. People second-guess me today & say 'You should just done what you were told that day,' and 'he thought he was bigger than the business.' I think people don't understand sometimes what it was like for me & how much was at stake. I was on the verge of being a national hero up here at that time. Just winning the World Title made me a huge hero up here. To every Canadian, that was a huge thing, a big accomplishment, and when they tried to turn me into a heel and & say all those negative things about America, it did something for the Canadian fans, and gave them a platform & a voice." Bret profoundly remembers telling Vince McMahon right before the '97 Survivor Series that he could not walk in that building in Montreal & lose. "The whole intention of everything they did that day was to tear me down as much as possible so I would mean nothing going into WCW."

The History Of WWE.com's Graham Cawthon asked Bret for his comments about the success of The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, & Natalya Neidhart) on SmackDown, as well as if he feels that the three are progressing in the right fashion. "I think they are all doing a great job. They're getting better & better and more confident. Technically, they are as good as they're gonna get, and they're as good as anybody in the company when it comes to actually working. Their work stands on its own. I'm proud of all three of them."

The big question that has been on the hearts & minds of wrestling fans across the globe is "Will Bret return to WWE TV?" "The Hitman" has done it all in the wrestling business, and with the recent news of his eldest daughter (Jade) expecting her first child (making Bret a grandfather for the first time), what else is left for him to do & accomplish? With the recent speculation that has made the rounds on the internet of Bret's "imminent" WWE return, Mosh asked the man himself what's next for him in the next phase of his career. "I'm just going to keep pulling one of my guiding rules in life, doing what makes me happy & taking good care of myself. I've done my hard work, and now, I'm just looking to fulfill whatever dreams I have left. I'll like to write two or three more books about various topics, maybe even write some fictional books about wrestling." Will Bret stay true to his Stampede Wrestling roots & potentially take the "Ambassador" role of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair in Ring Of Honor, or will he "head on home" to World Wrestling Entertainment & return as a regular character/personality on World Wrestling Entertainment television? All we can say is...Stay tuned...

More is contained in this exclusive Mayhem interview with the one & only "Excellence Of Execution," including his uncensored thoughts/comments on if he has been approached by Hulk Hogan and/or Eric Bischoff to be a part of the forthcoming "Hulkamania" tour in Australia this November, the advice he has for both "The American Dragon Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness as they get ready to depart Ring Of Honor for the WWE (and if he believes they have a good chance of success in World Wrestling Entertainment), the evolution of the Ladder Match over the years (and what he is looking forward to seeing most in this weekend's ROH World Tag Team Title "Ladder War" between The American Wolves & Kevin Steen/El Generico), & so much more. Get ready for "the best there is, the best there was, & the best there ever will be," as Bret "Hitman" Hart takes center stage for the MNM "Fall Tour '09!"

Log onto Bret's official website, www.BretHart.com, for all of the details on the U.S. paperback release of Bret's official autobiography, "Hitman: My Real Life In The Cartoon World Of Wrestling." Plus, be sure to head on over to www.TheHistoryOfWWE.com for all of your favorite memories & moments of "The Hitman" from over the years throughout his storied career. Remember fans, Ring Of Honor's New York City "Glory By Honor VIII: The Final Countdown" event is completely sold-out, but you can still purchase tickets to this Friday night's Boston event by logging onto www.ROHWrestling.com, or by calling by calling (215) 781-2500. In addition to appearing in "The Big Apple" on Saturday evening, "The Hitman" will be in Boston for a special meet & greet autograph session (from 6-8PM ET). This will be truly be one of the most-memorable weekends in wrestling history, so be there to see all of the action firsthand, up-close, & personal.

"Your Home Of Wrestling Radio" is officially presented by ReelWrestling.com: the latest & hottest innovation from the coverage of professional wrestling online.Want to be a part of the RW movement? It's simple...head on over to www.ReelWrestling.com, and subscribe (via e-mail or SMS) for free announcements on what's hot & fresh on ReelWrestling.com (including the latest RW video, featuring WWE Divas Champion, Mickie James: www.reelwrestling.com/2009/09/16/wwe-diva-alexis-laree-aka-mickie-james-loves-her-buffalo-fans-and-ed-hardy-too). Your favorite WWE Superstars & Divas are just one click away! The award-winning Monday Night Mayhem (voted on by you, the fans as the "Show Of The Year" in the 2009 Wrestling Radio Awards), is also sponsored by: Sizzlin' Sauces (the official hot sauce of The Mayhem's "Fall Tour '09:" www.SizzlinSauces.com), The History Of WWE.com (bringing you the best in the illustrious history of our business since 2002: www.TheHistoryOfWWE.com), TicketRelief.com (the official online traffic school of The Mayhem: www.TicketRelief.com), www.WrestleBlogs.com (where wrestling fans have a voice), ACN (get info about the ACN home-based business opportunity, video phone, & network marketing by contacting Shawn Allen at www.ssallen.acnrep.com), & Pre-Paid Legal (www.prepaidlegal.com/info/christinawheeler).

All new & old members of "The Mayhem Nation" can check out the official Monday Night Mayhem Audio Vault, which contains the finest programming from the '09 calendar year of "Your Home Of Wrestling Radio." You can re-live interviews with some of your favorite WWE superstars (including Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes), WWE Hall Of Famers (Dory Funk, Jr., Terry Funk, Jim Ross, & "Rowdy" Roddy Piper), in addition to the first-post WWE comments from some of the most-recognizable names in the industry (Mike Adamle, Kevin Thorn, Elijah Burke, "Wildcat" Chris Harris, Johnny Swinger, & Bam Neely), in addition to your favorite performers from TNA Wrestling (the TNA Legends Champion, "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, 1/2 of the TNA World Tag Team Champions, Booker T, Sharmell, "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan, Team 3-D's Brother Devon, The World Elite's Eric Young & "The Notorious 187" Homicide, "The Monster" Abyss, & Christy Hemme), the best standouts from Ring Of Honor (including Jerry Lynn & Brent Albright), some of the most-memorable legends in the history of the business (Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "The Total Package" Lex Luger, & Sean "X-Pac" Waltman), plus some of the biggest names in the entertainment & Hollywood (the co-star of "Access Hollywood," Nancy O'Dell, Michael Buffer, the stars of VH-1 Classic's "That Metal Show," Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, & Don Jamieson, the stars of VH-1's "Brooke Knows Best," Glenn Douglas Packard & Ashley Menendez, "American Gladiators" star, Dan "Nitro" Clark, the owner of the world-famous Canter's Deli/the author of "Reckless Road," Marc Canter, & the star of "Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines," Kristanna Loken). All this & so much more (with over five years of free interviews/audio content)...now available World Wide & 365 at www.MondayNightMayhem.co m.

Hulk Hogan Addresses Threatening Voicemail Making Media Rounds and More
By Amish Patel
Sep 23, 2009 - 8:58:08 AM

Thanks to Cosmo C and PWInsider.com for the following:

Hogan was on Bubba the Love Sponge's show today. They played the recording of him threatening the guy in the band. Hogan said that the guy was his friend Dr. Unger's daughter Chelsea's friend (the name that is beeped out is Chelsea). They were at dinner about a year ago and the Dr. and Chelsea had Hogan leave it as a rib to joke with the guy according to Hogan. Hogan said he'd give Dr. Unger's number to call him and ask him if he wanted to.

Bubba and Hogan then talked about wrestling. Bubba said that Vince Russo was out for him. Bubba said he's inviting Russo in if he wants to get into it. Hogan and Bubba then trashed Russo for a couple minutes, basically saying he doesn't really get the wrestling business and he certainly wasn't brains behind McMahon. Hogan said Vince Russo wanted him fired in WCW before he even met him. Then Hogan proved him wrong by going back to WWE and doing big business with The Rock in Toronto and everything that followed.

Bubba said how much he loved Orton and Hogan went on to highly praise Orton and Cena. Saying that they both have that "it" factor and how great the two of them are. That sooner or later, they're both so established Vince will be able to turn Orton babyface and Cena heel and make money with it. Bubba asked him about Batista, Bubba said he met him and thinks he's a great guy. Hogan said Batista had a heart of gold and was a great guy, he just needs to avoid the injuries that he continually gets.
They brought up Edge. Bubba's producer said he heard that the injury is bad and that he might still be another 8 months out. Hogan said he didn't know but hopes the best for him and how much he loved working with him. Bubba also said how great Edge is. Then the most praise seemed to go to Chris Jericho. Bubba brought up how he caught him the other night and just how great Jericho is, how he truly is like the old school guys and just completely knows how to work a crowd. Hogan then said he didn't really know what Jericho was about in Atlanta but when he got back to WWE, he told Vince to just keep booking him with Jericho and that Jericho was amazing and a complete wrestler. Hogan said that he just wanted Jericho around him as much as possible, in the ring and backstage. That he was as great a person as he was a wrestler. A lot of praise for Jericho by Hogan. Hogan said that Jericho would be the ring general and call their matches. Hogan said he would love to work exclusively with Jericho. A lot of interesting tidbits out of the interview/phone call.

-- WWE Hall of Famer George "The Animal" Steele recently spoke with ForceOfWrestling.Com on a number of topics. (George "The Animal" Steele Talks To FOW)

-- SLAM! Wrestling has a story on former WCW wrestler Johnny Swinger. Since being released from WWE in late June 2006, he's been wrestling in the Georgia area. He's also tried his hand at acting.

Bret Hart Reportedly Open To Returning To World Wrestling Entertainment
By Daniel Pena
Sep 23, 2009 - 3:14:36 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

For the first time since the infamous "Montreal Screwjob" in 1997, Bret Hart is said to be open to returning to World Wrestling Entertainment as a weekly storyline character.

Hart has had business talks with WWE in recent months, which played a part in the company rehashing "Montreal" at last week's Breaking Point pay-per-view — in case he agrees to return.

While nothing yet has been agreed upon, nor should one expect anything to happen anytime soon, he is no longer against returning to WWE. In the past he has said he didn't see himself ever coming back as a character on television because he could no longer wrestle and didn't want to become some authority figure or manager.

WWE has had talks over the years regarding Hart returning to the company as a character. In fact, Vince McMahon told the creative team in 2006 that he was going to do a street fight with Hart on a pay-per-view. Of course, it never came to be and Hart at the time was saying that he was never going to wrestle again. Apparently, Hart was tentatively penciled in to team up with Shawn Michaels vs. Vince and Shane McMahon at Backlash 2006 instead of "God."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:32 AM »
Former WWE Women's Champion Returning to RAW Soon, Undertaker/Mexico Tour & more
By Amish Patel
Oct 13, 2009 - 10:13:24 AM

Source: F4wonline.com

- She has been out of action since her Summer knee surgery, but WWE Diva Maryse should be returning to television imminently.

- The Undertaker will work and headline this week's upcoming Mexico tour.

- The dark match before last night's RAW in Indianapolis saw Primo Colon defeat Jamie Noble with a crossbody from the top.

Off-Air Notes from RAW, WrestleMania Tickets News
By Amish Patel
Oct 13, 2009 - 10:19:34 AM

Credit: Adam Parker and PWInsider.com

Here are some off-air notes from Raw.

-As noted last night, tickets for WrestleMania go on sale on November 7th at 10 a.m. ET.

-The WWE crew were seriously watching the Monday Night Football game on a big monitor that they had setup where they have all of the camera shots for the show.

-During the commercial after the Santino Marella segment, they did a sign of the night segment. There were mostly DX and Cena signs. A few others that I saw were "Age of O", "I told my mom
I was at the mall" and "My boyfriend is the real Big Show". After seeing some signs get confiscated, it's interesting to note that they don't throw them away. They keep them by ring announcer Justin Roberts, who sits in the square area beside the announcers

-Unlike during the promo package before the show, John Cena got a huge face reaction. It was deafening.

-Randy Orton came out looking especially glossy last night and after he rolled around the ring, they changed the mat.

-After the divas match, the women slapped hands on their way out, to Kelly Kelly's music. Maria M. stayed behind and slapped hands with pretty much everyone. Her teammates waited on the ramp for her. As she ran up the ramp, she did a cartwheel and posed for the crowd.

-After the main event, people started pouring out of the building. After the show, Cena's music played as legacy stood shoulder- to-shoulder on the stage as they stared at Cena in the ring. Legacy left and Cena stood in the ring smiling. He then played to the crowd to end the night.

-The biggest pops went to Cena, DX, then The Undertaker during the WrestleMania promo.

-Randy Orton and Legacy had most heat.

Former WWE Diva Torrie Wilson Hospitalized Last Night
By Michael Bluth
Oct 13, 2009 - 11:16:29 AM

Former WWE diva and reality television star Torrie Wilson was hospitalized this week, according to messages on her Facebook page (link). Wilson posted a message early this morning:

"Big scare for me tonight!!! I was in the emergency room, Though i was heading up to heaven for a minute there... like I put on my Twitter page earlier, thanks for letting me stay a bit longer Jesus!"

She then elaborated on what it was that sent her to the hospital:

"Bad reaction to some meds and I just got really sick all of the sudden!!! I'm feeling much better now, but it was a big scare! Gonna get some rest tonight for sure!"

Update On RVD Considering Going to TNA, Linda McMahon's Senate Run
By Michael Bluth
Oct 13, 2009 - 11:51:55 AM

-- Reader "Lee" sent in word that he called RVD's Internet radio show the other night to discuss the main topic of the show, which was whether RVD should return to WWE or go to TNA. When he called in, the person who was screening the calls asked whether he thinks RVD should go to WWE or TNA. When he said WWE, the screener responded, "Ok, well I will put you through anyway".

Lee got the strong impression that they were trying to get more TNA callers and push possibility of RVD going to TNA. Van Dam mentioned during the show that going to TNA would put him closer to his parents, who live in Florida.

-- ESPN.com has another an article up that looks at Linda McMahon's aspirations to be a United States Senator. Aside from the typical argument that her association with pro wrestling will likely hurt her chances, columnist Jeff MacGregor looks at the situation from a different perspective.

He asks why Linda would want to walk away from the money, power and control she has over running a large corporation. "You aren't the boss anymore. No one has to do what you say. No one has to listen to you. No one cares what you think. The one thing you need to be able to do as a politician is the one thing you never had to bother with in business: build consensus," he said.

"Why Mrs. McMahon wants to give up the power, money and prestige of professional wrestling to join a sideshow like the U.S. Senate remains a mystery to me." Visit ESPN.com for more.

Ted DiBiase Responds To Paul Roma's Claims That He's Sold Out To Vince McMahon
By Michael Bluth
Oct 13, 2009 - 2:26:51 PM

Ted DiBiase Sr. has issued a statement responding to recent comments by former WWF and WCW wrestler Paul Roma.

To recap, Roma was interviewed by James Guttman of WorldWrestlingInsanity.c om and said the following about Ted DiBiase:

"I guess probably like ten years ago, I had spoken to DiBiase, he was out of wrestling, and he became this reverend or whatever he became. So I called him up and we were talking and he goes, 'Yeah. Listen. I found a good place.' He says, 'I was a bad person when I was with Vince (McMahon). I'll never go back to that again. He's evil. Blah, blah, blah.' And then, the next thing I know, this guy is working for Vince again. Like, you know, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter - wait let me rephrase that. At the end of the day, for Ted DiBiase, he can preach all he wants. He can talk about God all he wants. Bu his God is spelled M-O-N-E-Y." He continued, "If he really believes and wanted to sell me what he was trying to sell me, he wouldn't be back with Vince. He wouldn't be back with the devil."

Ted DiBiase issued the following statement this morning:

In response to Paul Roma,

I told many people about the wrong things I did, I even wrote a book about it. That's something everybody knows. I also have been very vocal about a lot of the WWE programming in the past. And, yes, when I went back to work for them, they were well aware of my objections to some of the programming. But what I realized as a Christian is this, if I'm genuinely going to make a difference in the world and try to impact others with what I've found in Christ, then I can't do it sitting in church praying about it. I have to be visible in the market place. I went back to the WWE to show them the difference in who I am now and to try to make a difference. You can't promote change standing on the sidelines. So I went back. The truth is, the WWE has changed incredibly since my wrestling days. The work schedule is not as demanding overall, and the compensation is much better. Also, a state of the art drug testing policy brings accountability into the business that wasn't there before. People getting into the WWE now, know that there is zero tolerance for steroid and drug abuse. If I hadn't seen the changes I would never have given my son my blessing to go into the business. The programming, by the way, is once again, totally PG rated.

The truth is, I'm still very much sold out to Jesus Christ. I don't think Vince McMahon is evil or the devil. I think he's a very shrewd business man. He's also the guy responsible for the unbelievable fan base that professional wrestling enjoys today on a world wide scale.

Please tell Paul Roma that's he's got it wrong all the way around, including how much I'm paid for going back and making an appearance. And the Million Dollar Man, well, that would be my son in the not so distant future!!

Ted DiBiase

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2009, 07:31:59 AM »
Posted in: NEWS
Lou Albano fallen ill, Currently at home with family under hospice care
By Casey Carnage
Oct 13, 2009 - 4:12:04 PM

*Captain Lou Albano is Ill**

*Speaking on behalf of the Albano family, Wrestler's Rescue is sad to report
that Captain Lou Albano has fallen ill, and is currently at home with his
family under hospice care.

Albano is not suffering from cancer, according to his family. While the
family is grateful for the in outpouring of affection, please respect their
privacy during these tough times.

Wrestler's Rescue is collecting donations to be forwarded to the Albano
family for medical expenses.

For more information, go to
www.WrestlersRescue.Org or
email questions to WrestlersRescue@aol.com

Jim Ross Blog: Divas Trade, Miz vs. Morrison, Raw Thoughts
By Michael Bluth
Oct 13, 2009 - 5:09:38 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog, which you can read in its entirety at JRsBarBQ.com. Here's what JR said about:

Monday's Raw: One element that I really enjoyed regarding Raw was the various "hooks" that were utilized to keep me tuned in and to not channel surf as much during the commercial breaks. In my opinion, every episodically produced TV show, wrestling or otherwise, should do al they can to keep their audience emotionally invested from segment to segment but to also promote "next week." Getting a TV audience to think "next week" is a huge matter when producing weekly, episodic TV. At least I know that next week's Raw main event will be HHH vs. Cena. Billboarding "next week" just seems to be a "must do" for any show that is episodically produced.

Divas Trade:I haven't throughly examined the 'huge' Diva trade...is that where 'huge' or plus sized Divas are traded....never mind. Bottom line is that many fans would like to see the Divas become a more vital part of every TV wrestling show that airs. I would like to see on going issues forwarded on the weekly, wrestling TV shows too as it simply provides the viewer with more TV personas to emotionally invest.

Miz vs. Morrison at Bragging Rights: I did like the news of a Bragging Rights bout between Miz and Morrison which assume will not feature either's championship. This should be an excellent match especially if the mat aspect of it is a focused. Nice addition to the PPV from Pittsburgh which is one of my favorite towns in addition to being the wife's hometown. I wonder how many more WWE events will be held in the old, Igloo aka Mellon Arena, before the new place is completed. Probably not too many.

Kurt Angle Court Hearing Rescheduled After Accuser Is A No-Show
By Michael Bluth
Oct 13, 2009 - 6:35:10 PM

Source: ThePittsburghChannel.com

Kurt Angle was in court on Tuesday to address charges that he harassed his ex-girlfriend, Trenesha Biggers (TNA knockout Rhaka Kahn). Biggers did not show up for the hearing, so prosecutors requested a postponement. District Judge Marry Murray granted the postponement, but if Biggers no-shows again, the charges against Angle will be dropped.

Outside the court house, the Olympic gold medalist and TNA superstar told reporters, "All I can say is I'm innocent and I just want to move on with my life ... I never asked for this and I would never do this to anybody. What has happened to me is a darn shame."

Angle's defense attorney Michelle Santicola said Biggers not showing up to court is another example of how she conducts herself. "She told the officer that she would be here. We're not surprised that she once again told an untruth because the affidavit of probable cause is filled with her untruths."

Rating for WWE RAW increases, but the news is not all positive
By Brian Cantor
Oct 13, 2009 - 7:14:14 PM

Despite a minor increase over last week, the news stemming from this week's WWE RAW rating was not all positive.

Monday's telecast posted a 3.4 (via rounding), up slightly from last week's 3.3 household rating. While an increase is always good, especially because this week's show did not benefit post-PPV buzz, there are reasons to keep WWE from getting too excited.

For starters, this week's Monday Night Football game did a significantly lower rating than last week's record-breaking telecast. The minor increase indicates that RAW did not pickup a notable portion of the NFL audience (and thus means WWE cannot fully blame last week's low number on the heavy NFL competition).

Further, the show lost viewers as it progressed, posting hours of 3.4 and 3.3; such a trend is almost always a sign that viewers were not especially hooked by the broadcast.

And, as focus of a lot of television industry members has shifted to demographic numbers, as opposed to the household rating, there was additional disappointment for WWE. PWTorch notes that the show did a 2.39 rating among males in the 18-49 demographic, which is the lowest demo figure since November of 2008.

Backstage WWE reaction to RAW, Menounos, Latest guest host rumor
By Brian Cantor
Oct 13, 2009 - 11:22:49 PM

-- WWE officials were reportedly very pleased with guest host Maria Menounos' performance on Monday's RAW. While the idea of the television personality performing for WWE as a regular is not on the table, the feeling is that WWE would definitely be interested in booking Menounos for another appearance if it made sense creatively.

-- The November 16, 2009 edition of RAW, which takes place in Madison Square Garden, has been the subject of numerous guest host rumors. One such rumor says that WWE is looking to book a New York Yankees player as the host for the event. No deal has been finalized, however, and how the Yankees ultimately do in the playoffs this year, among other factors, will play a role in determining whether the hosting gig comes to fruition.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »
Another Rumored Raw Guest Host, Iron Man Adamle, Goldberg's Huge Breakfast
By Michael Bluth
Oct 15, 2009 - 4:28:23 PM

-- Former WWE announcer Mike Adamle recently competed the Iron Man World Championship, which included a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile marathon. Adamle told the Chicago Tribune, "This was the hardest thing I ever did. The conditions were amazing, the tire made me adjust on the fly, but it was something special everybody should experience once." For more on the story, visit ChicagoTribune.com.

-- TMZ cameras caught up with Bill Goldberg this week and asked the former WCW/WWE champion what his typical day is like and what he has for breakfast. Goldberg said he typically does 10 eggwhites and a half pound of turkey bacon for breakfast. When asked how much he can bench press, Goldberg said benching is for "pretty boys." He trains for functional strength with dumbells and the camera man said he looks great for a 42 year old. You can see the video at TMZ.com.

-- Actor Verne Troyer, best known as "Mini Me" from the Austin Powers movies, is rumored to be hosting WWE Raw this fall. One can imagine the comedy gold WWE will come up with between him and Horswoggle.

Ric Flair Reveals Vince McMahon's Reaction To Him Coming Out Of Retirement
By Michael Bluth
Oct 15, 2009 - 2:06:28 PM

Ric Flair appeared on “Busted Open” on Sirius radio on Tuesday and revealed what Vince McMahon was to him coming out of retirement and wrestling overseas.

"I told Vince McMahon about three months ago that I wanted to back and work and that I’d just work overseas. He said, ‘You know, go for it."

Flair added, "I’m in good health. I like to sign autographs and I’m really enjoying (non-wrestling projects), but there’s nothing like wrestling. I’ve been working out really hard and I’m looking forward to it. It gives Hulk (Hogan) and I a chance to see if we’ve still got it going on."

Flair was also asked about the possibility of appearing as a guest host on WWE Raw. "That may still happen," he said. "My schedule hasn’t allowed it to happen. I work with Coca-Cole, Krogers, Wal-Mart, and Sam’s Club. The lottery thing has been huge to me. I can’t give enough credit to the North Carolina education lottery for giving me the opportunity to work for them. It’s been great."

The Busted Open radio show airs on Tuesdays and Fridays 4-5 p.m. EST on Sirius 127, and XM 242. Visit Sirius.com for more info.

Update on WWE Re-Introducing "War Games" Concept to PPV
By Amish Patel
Oct 15, 2009 - 9:03:27 AM

Source: F4W Newsletter

- Bryan Alvarez reports if WWE decide to re-introduce the "War Games" concept for pay-per-view, it will not be a duplicate of the same match WCW had with the dual cages, but that could change.

The idea of bringing back War Games to WWE has been brought up several times over the years but was always shot down. The WWE creative team was recently told to watch old War Games matches to come up with ideas they can use or tweak.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
WWE's Changing Its Image, Stacy Keibler Turns 30, Taz' Role In TNA & More
By Michael Bluth
Oct 14, 2009 - 4:05:03 PM

-- Congratulations to former WWE Diva Stacey Keibler, who turns 30 years old today. She was born on October 14, 1979 in Baltimore, Maryland.

-- Longtime WWE employee Howard Finkel has posted an excellent tribute to the late Captain Lou Albano, which you can read here. Chris Jericho, Paul Heyman and Taz are among those who have acknowledged Albano's passing on Twitter. Jericho called him "one of the integral performers who put the WWF on the map."

-- Kanascity.com has an article that looks at WWE's attempt to improve its image in hopes of attracting better advertisers. The article cites WWE's shift to PG-13 programming and the Celebrity Raw Guest host gimmick as examples of WWE attempting to broaden its appeal.

-- TNA announcer Taz wrote a message on his Facebook responding to fan suggestions on how to improve the TNA product. "Folks, I get many suggestions on my Tweet/FB pages asking me to do "this" or do "that" in TNA with certain talents...just so you all hear this from me...I am NOT a member of the TNA booking team guys....so there (lol)!"

Lacey Von Erich and Other Divas Film Pilot Similar to MTV's The Hills
By Amish Patel
Oct 8, 2009 - 6:53:23 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- A pilot was filmed on October 2nd for a scripted show starring Lacey Von Erich. The idea is to sell the show to VH-1 and have it be something similar to MTV's The Hills with Von Erich in the Lauren Conrad role.

The pilot featured former WWE Diva Shelly Martinez, indy wrestler Lizzy Valentine and former TNA Knockout Rhaka Khan at Lacey's home. It's said to be reality based but scripted as in the pilot had the other girls being jealous that Lacey got the job with TNA. There also is supposedly a scene where Khan talks about living with Kurt Angle. They also filmed a fight scene with the girls.

No word yet on where the show will go from here

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »
More On Shane McMahon Leaving WWE
By Brad Ingles
Oct 16, 2009 - 4:37:52 PM

The latest on Shane McMahon leaving WWE is that it is legit, and not a storyline. WWE issued a press release on their corporate website, which gives the departure more creditability that this in fact true.

There is no word on why Shane left the company. Vince has come down hard on his son over the past several years and it could have played a part. It could also be possible that he wanted to pursue other interests. Shane is a huge mixed martial arts fan and has tried to convince his father to get involved in the market a few years ago. He could join an existing MMA promotion or launch his own company.

Most within the company seem to think Shane left so he can join his mother Linda McMahon during her U.S. Senate campaign, and to avoid upsetting WWE’s shareholders while helping with the campaign. "Unless he's going to fund a vanity venture, all signs point to him helping his mother (with the campaign)," said one former WWE employee. "She needs some backup."

Next Celebrity Apprentice Cast To Feature Goldberg & WWE Diva Maria
By Michael Bluth
Oct 16, 2009 - 3:50:28 PM

The upcoming season of Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice reality show on NBC will feature several people who have current and past ties to the pro wrestling industry.

- Bill Goldberg (Former WCW/WWE Champion)
- WWE Diva Maria Kanellis
- Singer Cyndi Lauper (linked to the late Captain Lo Albano)
- Sharon Osbourne (rumored to be guest hosting Raw soon)
- Baseball great Darryl Strawberry
- Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich
- Comedian Sinbad
- Olympic gold-medal swimmer Summer Sanders
- Celebrity chef Curtis Stone
- Singer & reality TV star Bret Michaels
- Actress Holly Robinson Peete
- Comedian Carol Leifer

The next season of Celebrity Apprentice premiers on NBC in March.

Plans for Beth Phoenix and Why The Bella Twins are Back on RAW
By Amish Patel
Oct 16, 2009 - 8:38:02 AM

- As part of the Diva trade this past Monday on RAW, Beth Phoenix was moved over to SmackDown and the plan right now for her is to be Dolph Ziggler's new girlfriend.

- Several weeks ago The Bella Twins took part in guest host skits on RAW, and it is for that reason they have been moved back to WWE's Monday night offering. Vince McMahon was said to have "fallen in love with them" after the skits and they are expected to feature in guest host segments regularly now.

Another Rumored Raw Guest Host, Iron Man Adamle, Goldberg's Huge Breakfast
By Michael Bluth
Oct 15, 2009 - 4:28:23 PM

-- Former WWE announcer Mike Adamle recently competed the Iron Man World Championship, which included a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile marathon. Adamle told the Chicago Tribune, "This was the hardest thing I ever did. The conditions were amazing, the tire made me adjust on the fly, but it was something special everybody should experience once." For more on the story, visit ChicagoTribune.com.

-- TMZ cameras caught up with Bill Goldberg this week and asked the former WCW/WWE champion what his typical day is like and what he has for breakfast. Goldberg said he typically does 10 eggwhites and a half pound of turkey bacon for breakfast. When asked how much he can bench press, Goldberg said benching is for "pretty boys." He trains for functional strength with dumbells and the camera man said he looks great for a 42 year old. You can see the video at TMZ.com.

-- Actor Verne Troyer, best known as "Mini Me" from the Austin Powers movies, is rumored to be hosting WWE Raw this fall. One can imagine the comedy gold WWE will come up with between him and Horswoggle.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »
Jim Ross on Wrestlers Leaving the Business, Speaking to Ric Flair and more
By Amish Patel
Oct 19, 2009 - 9:33:16 AM

- Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights:

* I have always found it amazing when fans cannot understand when someone who is seemingly entrenched in the wrestling business decides to explore other opportunities. Both the Rock and Stone Cold have been dissed because they no longer have the desire to "wrestle" but have both said that they would be interested in making selected appearances at the right place and the right time. For some fans that isn't good enough. I admire "wrestlers" or "wrestling people" who want to explore other opportunities. Life cannot become one dimensional and one cannot allow their own lives to revolve around one, singular entity. That mindset isn't healthy or smart. Unless one is in a very unique position, IE ownership, and that's arguable, one should not allow the wrestling biz or any other biz to become their "life." Those that due usually end up miserable and make those around them unhappy as well. I have great empathy for ex-wrestlers who have to or feel compelled to to hang on to whatever they can within the wrestling business under the guise of "loving the business" while it's really all about not having any marketable skills to replace their income. This is just one of the reasons that I always encourage young wrestlers to be to get college degrees so that they will have something to fall back on in case becoming a wrestling star doesn't' work out....and it usually doesn't. If 2-3 out of 100 prospect become legit, main event level wrestling stars then a company should feel fortunate.

* No website has any definitive news on why Shane McMahon resigned from his family's company, WWE, on Friday. Perhaps more news sites will elaborate on this matter come Monday as Friday is always the best day to drop big news as sometimes it gets somewhat lost on the weekend. Nonetheless no one knows why Shane seemingly abruptly decided to leave the family business and I don't feel that any one will know the reason until he declares what his next venture will be. Shane has a great formal education not to mention years of "on the job" training since starting out on the ring crew as a teen during the summers. I know Shane has many interests and who's to say that he simply wants to reassess where he is in his life and spend more time with his family which includes two sons? Until Shane himself makes an official statement as to what he is going to tee up next, then every thing any one can read, report or write about is pure speculation. Shane has excellent people skills and a unique skill set in a one of a kind genre that employs basic promotional and organization skills that should be transferable to many businesses.

* Speaking of "Naitch" he called me Saturday morning early to wish me good luck at the Red River Shootout at the Cotton Bowl which was a classy gesture. He's excited to be going to Australia to wrestle but Flair vs. Hogan isn't what I would book as it would be Flair and Hogan together against two, younger athletic guys. Ric going down under to make a big payday doesn't bother me at all nor do I think it bothers HBK who a fan recently asked about in our Q&A section of this site.

Many Former WWE Stars Backstage At Bound For Glory
By Michael Bluth
Oct 18, 2009 - 5:59:43 PM

-- Former WWE & ECW champion Rob Van Dam was a guest on the Between The Ropes radio show last week and said he will be at Bound For Glory - but he's just visiting. "I certainly don’t have any plans of bringing my wrestling boots." RVD added that his wife Sonya has been talking to Sharmell and that he planned on seeing Booker T while he was there.

-- Former WWE superstars Brian Kendrick and Chuck Palumbo are backstage at Bound for Glory, according to Jeremy Borash on Twitter. Former WWE diva Lena Yada is also there.

-- TMZ's Harvey Levin backstage as well. Borash posted a picture of him, which you can see here.

-- Former WWE Diva & TNA Knockout Shelly Martinez wrote on Twitter a few days ago that she'll be visiting friends at tonight's show.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »
Comedy Central Hype's Wednesday's WWE-Themed South Park Episode
By Michael Bluth
Oct 19, 2009 - 2:26:20 PM

-- The TV Guide preview for tonight's Monday Night RAW: "Snoop Dogg is guest host as John Cena meets Triple H in what could be Cena's Raw finale."

-- PWInsider.com reports a rumor that David Arquette will be hosting next week's RAW. Earlier this month, rumors claimed that "Saturday Night Live" star Andy Samberg was to host the episode, but a representative for Samberg shot those talks down. Next week's show, the 10/26 episode, emanates from Buffalo.

Comedy Central Hype's Wednesday's WWE-Themed South Park Episode
By Michael Bluth
Oct 19, 2009 - 2:26:20 PM

Comedy Central sent out the following press release hyping Wednesday's WWE-themed episode of South Park:

The Boys Go to the WWE for the First Time in an All-New 'South Park' Premiering on Wednesday, October 21 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL(R)

NEW YORK, Oct. 19 -- After attending a WWE match, the boys all want to be professional wrestlers in an all-new "South Park" titled, "W.T.F.," premiering on Wednesday, October 21 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.

The boys have found their new calling in life and they hurry to sign up for the wrestling club. They soon find out the kind of wrestling they teach at school is not the same thing they saw at the WWE. The boy's wrestling coach has the same problem. He's been struggling for years to get people to see the difference.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 13th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.

Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino, of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Frank C. Agnone II is the supervising producer. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell, Vernon Chatman and Erica Rivinoja are producers. "South Park's" Web site is www.southparkstudios.com.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
WWE Diva Flips Burgers, Chris Jericho/Tonight's RAW and Rock Obama
By Amish Patel
Oct 19, 2009 - 5:21:27 PM

Source: F4WOnline.com

- As part of filming for the Celebrity Apprentice Show, WWE Diva Maria Kanelis and the likes of Sharon Osbourne were flipping burgers at Burger Heaven in Manhattan earlier today.

- In order to make tonight's RAW from Jacksonville, Chris Jericho did not make his advertised appearance at last night's house show in Mexico City.

- ContactMusic.com has a note on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing President Obama. Read that here: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/johnson-fulfills-obama-amibition-1119425

Next week's guest RAW hosts, WWE Bragging Rights card, Randy Orton's brother
By Brian Cantor
Oct 19, 2009 - 11:58:08 PM

LordsofPain reader "GLORY" sent in the following:
This past Saturday in Dupo, Illinois at an Independent Hardcore Wrestling show, Nathan Orton made his first appearance in front of a pro wrestling crowd. Nathan is the son of WWE Hall Of Fame inductee Bob Orton and the brother of Randy Orton. Nathan looks a lot like his brother Randy. Nathan accompanied his father, Cowboy Bob Orton, to the ring for Bob's match against Champion Bloody Harker Dirge. Nathan, who is a training in MMA, got involved after being slapped by Harker Dirge. Nathan used a roundhouse kick on Dirge which got his father disqualified.
http://www.pwbts.com/messages/31495.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE confirmed that NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Joey Logano will serve as the guest hosts for next week’s edition of RAW.

Earlier rumors had speculated that either David Arquette or Andy Samberg would assume the hosting duties, but it ultimately went to the NASCAR racers.

After WWE RAW, here is the card for WWE Bragging Rights.

--WWE RAW (DX, Big Show, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swager, Kofi Kingston) vs. SmackDown! (Chris Jericho, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Cryme Tyme, Eric Escobar, Drew McIntyre) Tag Match

-- WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena (Anything Goes Ironman Match)

-- World Champion Undertaker vs. CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio (Fatal Four Way)

-- Intercontinental Champion John Morrison vs. US Champion The Miz

-- RAW Divas (Melina, Gail Kim, Kelly) vs. SD Divas (Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Natalya)

Fan Notes from RAW Last Night - What Happened Off-Air?
By Amish Patel
Oct 20, 2009 - 8:13:35 AM

Thanks to Don for these live notes from last night's RAW:

- Arena was packed with exception of upper decks behind the camera – very nice crowd on hand on a school night. I managed to sit next to a guy who must have weighed 400 lbs. I was waiting for the seats to bend and break.

Start time was announced as 8:15; started off with all of the Superstars gear on the ring and the Superstars lights going – just one thing missing: the ring announcers! Not sure why they had it all running during the dark match.

Dark Match was Heath Slater vs. Jamie Noble – Slater hailed from some town in W. Virginia; he cut a decent heel promo and got the crowd behind Noble. Noble looked at least a foot shorter than Slater, but he still managed to hit his finisher to get the pin on Slater.

Ring crew pulls the ring apron for Raw out and we get a 10 minute wait for Raw to start.

They ran a promo for the fall of WCW DVD and also did a memorial for Captain Lou Albino.

Lots of promos (at least 4) pushing ticket sales for Wrestlemania 26 that starts on November 6. All of the promos for WM26 included every Jeff Hardy spot from WM 25 as well as Edge.

One thing that they did all night was turned up the music at certain points during the intros – it seemed like they were using the changes for a cue to the wrestlers/host.

Raw begins with Snoop Dogg taking his sweet time to come down to the ring.

During the commercial breaks they ran a few salute to the troops in Iraq and they featured Jeff Hardy in a few shots. No real attempt to ‘clean’ him out of any of their promos during the evening.

Crowd was dead for Orton-Ted Jr. – crowd popped for anything related to Cena, DX or Snoop.

Snoop Dogg did a little free style dancing during the break after his Chavo run in – Kelly Kelly didn’t look like she wanted to be out there with the other girls!

They showed NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Joey Logano as hosts for Raw next week – entire arena booed loudly. I thought we were screwed with Snoop Dogg.

Right before Jericho comes out the ring crew set up Kane’s pyro – we knew Kane would show up somewhere. Was surprised to see him come thru the crowd with the rest of Team Smackdown. We knew there was no match when Jericho waltzed out at 11:01.

Not sure where the live feed cuts off – Team Raw gets an assist from John Cena who cleared house of team Smackdown, only to get blindsided by Orton who was joined by both Legacy members. DX runs off Legacy to leave Orton in the ring with all three men. At some point during the melee HBK puts on Jerry ‘the King’ Lawler’s crown and wears it into the ring.

Orton grabs HHH’s DX cap and puts it on, and tries to talk HHH into doing the DX chant. Orton plays the crowd with the cap, doing the X with his arms, only to get boos. Orton turns into HBK to get Sweet Chin Music, followed by a Pedigree, followed by Cena hitting his F-U.

Cena gets a standing ovation, heads up the ramp only to be called back to the ring by DX.

DX try to teach Cena the DX stance, tells him to swivel his hips, says he too stiff. HHH makes a ring rat joke about HBK and swiveling his hips, then includes himself on the joke saying he did the ring rats thing too!

DX ask if we’re ready…then break down when talking about this might being Cena’s last show. Cena hugs HBK then HHH, Hunter reminds him that he can’t hug if his hips are loose now. They do the DX gimmick after some coaxing by the remaining fans and give Cena a send off.

HHH and HBK circled the ring and shook hands and took pictures to wrap up the night.

As we left, Ring announcer Justin Roberts announced we would see them again very soon, but no date given.

Last Night's RAW, Torrie Wilson on Her Medical Scare and Chat With CM Punk
By Amish Patel
Oct 20, 2009 - 8:22:59 AM

- Former WWE and WCW Diva Torrie Wilson was recnetly interviewed by The Houston Chronicle, where she talks about her medical scare last week and the fallout that ensued after she mentioned it on her twitter page. Read that here.

- To promote tonight's SmackDown and ECW taping at the Colonial Life Arena, South Carolina's The State is hosting a live chat with CM Punk this morning, beginning at 10:35am. Go here for more details.

- There is an article on Jacksonville.com here about last night's RAW from Florida, with native Kelly Kelly and several other fans commenting.

SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Video Game Reviewed & Now On Sale
By Michael Bluth
Oct 20, 2009 - 11:29:03 AM

The new WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 video game is now available the PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, DS, PSPand PS2 consoles.

Video game site IGN.com has posted a review of the game and gave it an 8.5/10 - Great. Reviewer Gregory Miller had a lot of good things to say about this year's installment, as there have been improvements in many aspects of the game. You can read IGN.com's full written review of the game here and watch their video review of the game here. Some of this year's improvements include:

-- The presentation of the game is better than ever, "practically nonexistent" load timess and plenty of small details (the WWE live logo, the end of show copyright, etc.) that make this feel like you’re watching a real WWE broadcast.

-- The Royal Rumble match has been completely redesigned from the ground up and is more authentic than ever.

-- WWE Story Designer is another brand new addition to the game this year. Players the ability to create their own original story.

-- Created Superstars, highlight reels, created finishing moves, and screenshots can all be uploaded online and downloaded by other players.

-- The characters models continue to evolve, looking "as good as ever". The animations are smooth and everything seems to move fluidly.

-- The new blood system is said to be a great feature, with cuts starting small and blood flow increasing as more damage is done.

By Michael Bluth

The new WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 video game is now available the PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, DS, PSPand PS2 consoles.

Video game site IGN.com has posted a review of the game and gave it an 8.5/10 - Great. Reviewer Gregory Miller had a lot of good things to say about this year's installment, as there have been improvements in many aspects of the game. You can read IGN.com's full written review of the game here and watch their video review of the game here. Some of this year's improvements include:

-- The presentation of the game is better than ever, "practically nonexistent" load timess and plenty of small details (the WWE live logo, the end of show copyright, etc.) that make this feel like you’re watching a real WWE broadcast.

-- The Royal Rumble match has been completely redesigned from the ground up and is more authentic than ever.

-- WWE Story Designer is another brand new addition to the game this year. Players the ability to create their own original story.

-- Created Superstars, highlight reels, created finishing moves, and screenshots can all be uploaded online and downloaded by other players.

-- The characters models continue to evolve, looking "as good as ever". The animations are smooth and everything seems to move fluidly.

-- The new blood system is said to be a great feature, with cuts starting small and blood flow increasing as more damage is done.

By Michael Bluth

CM Punk's Dream WrestleMania Opponent and WWE Divas in Reality TV Shows
By Amish Patel
Oct 20, 2009 - 11:29:20 AM

- As reported earlier, CM Punk was featured in an interview with TheState.com this morning to help promote the WWE SmackDown/ECW taping in Columbia, S.C. One topic covered was Punk's dream WrestleMania opponent, "Last year, before I was in the MITB match, it was Rey (Mysterio), Punk said. "This year, it's still Rey. Mania is a long ways away right now, so it's hard to say where I'll end up, but I do need a haircut." Read the full recap here.

- There is a blurb on The Chicago Tribute talking about WWE Diva Maria being part of this season's "Celebrity Apprentice", as well as other females from the WWE who have particpated in reality shows. Check that out here.

CM Punk's Dream WrestleMania Opponent and WWE Divas in Reality TV Shows
By Amish Patel
Oct 20, 2009 - 11:29:20 AM

- As reported earlier, CM Punk was featured in an interview with TheState.com this morning to help promote the WWE SmackDown/ECW taping in Columbia, S.C. One topic covered was Punk's dream WrestleMania opponent, "Last year, before I was in the MITB match, it was Rey (Mysterio), Punk said. "This year, it's still Rey. Mania is a long ways away right now, so it's hard to say where I'll end up, but I do need a haircut." Read the full recap here.

- There is a blurb on The Chicago Tribute talking about WWE Diva Maria being part of this season's "Celebrity Apprentice", as well as other females from the WWE who have particpated in reality shows. Check that out here.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »
More on Shane McMahon's WWE Resignation, His Future Plans and Internal Reaction
By Amish Patel
Oct 21, 2009 - 3:48:00 PM

- As of this week, nobody who is talking within WWE has any idea what caused Shane McMahon's resignation from WWE or what he plans on doing next. People who worked under Shane are said to be shocked and devastated, saying it came completely out of left field. The department that Shane was in charge of always has had great morale and word is that all the good morale plummeted on Friday when the announcement came out. A lot of people were very worried about their future with the company and there was talk that layoffs might be coming.

Shane was flooded with calls over the weekend and he pretty much told everyone the same thing he said in his official statement. It is very likely that the only people who know what is going on are Shane, Vince McMahon and perhaps Linda or Stephanie. Even people who spoke with Triple H had the impression that he didn't know really what went down.

While Vince had good things to say about Shane's departure in the release, word within WWE is that Vince went on a complete rampage (as our own Brian Cantor reported yesterday) when the news came out and everyone was doing anything they could to not be seen. The release was issued early Friday morning because they were concerned that the news would leak out and be on other wrestling websites before WWE broke it. Vince's behavior suggests that Shane might not be leaving to work on his mother's Senate campaign, which has been speculated. The reports of Vince flipping out may be a bit hyped up because we do know that Shane was in the office on Friday and Monday. Shane will continue working for WWE until January 1st of 2010.

It's still unknown what Shane plans on doing with his future. There is a lot of speculation that he will jump into the world of promoting MMA and it's no secret that he's a huge fan and has had interest before in getting involved. One source close to Shane says he is very intrigued by the TV and film business and could end up there but as noted above, nobody right now knows what's next for Shane. Shane is playing it smart by not talking about his plans. Most expect that he will be approached with lots of offers in the next few months.

There was a lot of people in WWE who were nervous when the story broke because they saw it as Vince's son had decided it was time to get out of the family business, for whatever reason. Some are concerned that Shane feels the WWE ship has sailed and is getting out so he doesn't go down with it.

Real Reason Why ROH Star Didn't Sign With WWE
By Amish Patel
Oct 21, 2009 - 3:37:44 PM

- We noted last night that Nigel McGuinness was telling people at last night's iMPACT tapings that he didn't sign with WWE because they took too long to send him his contract. However, Prowrestling.net reports that it's confirmed he failed WWE's pre-screening test and WWE pulled their verbal offer to him and never offered him an actual contract.

The story goes that this was not the case of Nigel failing a drug test, but a medically related test that caused WWE to shy away from signing him. TNA does not have a pre-screening test for their incoming talents.

Batista Says Rey Mysterio is Wasted in WWE and Why Carlito is Off TV
By Amish Patel
Oct 21, 2009 - 3:32:09 PM

- Apparently Batista did an interview in Mexico recently saying that Rey Mysterio's talent was wasted in WWE and that the high-flyer should be a top main-eventer.

- Carlito is off WWE TV right now because the creative team has nothing for him. The feeling is that he doesn't care too much these days and creative would rather spend more time with people that are actually contributing ideas.

Hulk Hogan Talks About His Suicide Attempt & Family Turmoil
By Michael Bluth
Oct 21, 2009 - 3:14:53 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan says he had his finger on the trigger of a gun and was about to kill himself when he received a phone call from a concerned celebrity friend.

The New York Daily News has published quotes from Hulk's new book "My Life Outside the Ring," where he describes hit rock bottom after the nasty breakup with his wife of 23 years and coping with Nick's car accident that put Nick in jail and left family friend John Graziano brain-damaged.

Hulk says he did everything he could to keep his family together. "I practically begged her, 'Please, don't file. Our son's just had this accident -- if we do this now, it'll make us look like the Britney Spears family. Please, don't file for divorce.'" Hogan calls Linda an abusive alcoholic who once threatened to beat Nick with a wine bottle. Hulk says the extend of Linda's crazy side was never really seen on their "Hogan Knows Best" VH1 reality show because "There were plenty of times when Linda would lose it, but no one wanted to see that kind of ugliness on TV."

Hogan then describes a darker chapter in his life, where he almost committed suicide. Hulk said one day while filming NBC's "American Gladiators," he downed a heavy cocktail of rum and the anti-anxiety medication Xanax. Later in the day, he received a phone call from co-host Laila Ali, daughter of boxing great Muhammad Ali, who was concerned for him after noticing he seemed distracted at work. Hogan said in the book that he had reached for a gun and put his finger on the trigger when Ali called.

RVD Talks About Meeting Dixie Carter & Vince Russo At BFG (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Oct 21, 2009 - 1:19:09 PM

Former WWE & ECW champion Rob Van Dam appeared on the Between The Ropes radio show with Brian Fritz on Tuesday night and talked about his experience at Sunday's TNA Bound For Glory event. Van Dam met Vince Russo and Dixie Carter for the first time at the show. To listen to the full interview, visit BetweenTheRopes.com.

Regarding his meeting with Vince Russo, he said, "I think that was the first I've met him," Van Dam said. "I've talked to him on the phone a few times. I stood there and talked with him for a few minutes the other day. I've only known him by reputation before, which was a little choppy." Van Dam sounded a bit skeptical of Russo, but acknowledged that most of what he's heard has been second and third hand information.

Van Dam also described his brief encounter with TNA president Dixie Carter. "It was real short," Van Dam said. I introduced myself to her. She said, 'Yeah, we've talked on the phone.' And then it was it was real awkward like she wanted to talk, but there wasn't anything to say."

Vince McMahon goes on backstage rampage?, WWE RAW rating, Maria
By Brian Cantor
Oct 20, 2009 - 11:12:20 PM

-- This week's edition of WWE RAW posted a 3.3 rating, which marks a very slight decline from last week's number. More newsworthy than the actual household number, however, is the fact that the telecast once again lost viewers from hour one (3.48 rating) to hour two (3.17). While competing sports programs generally draw more viewers for later parts of the game (and thus become more competitive against RAW), the presence of baseball and football on other networks has not historically produced that kind of hourly drop on a weekly basis--something about WWE's program is presently turning away viewers mid-episode. (Source: PWInsider)

-- A wise move to correspond with her publicity for "Celebrity Apprentice," Maria received the featured WWE.com Diva Gallery on Tuesday. It is titled "en fuego."

-- While the motivation behind Shane McMahon's resignation is still largely a mystery, F4WOnline.com reports that the situation was intense enough to cause Vince McMahon to go on a "complete rampage" the morning the resignation was announced. Even though most do not believe any sort of major family blowup occurred, the McMahon reaction does seemingly indicate the resignation was about more than Linda's Senate campaign.

Latest On The Undertaker's WWE Future, Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi) Interview
By Brad Ingles
Oct 20, 2009 - 6:36:41 PM

There has been speculation that the Undertaker will retire at WrestleMania 26, however a new report from ProWrestling.net revealed that is not the plan. Undertaker is hoping to work his current schedule for another two to three years, and then just make special appearances for major events.

There was also speculation that Undertaker had hip replacement surgery after WrestleMania, but one source said that is not the case. "That's physically impossible to come back that soon," said the source.

Interview by Harold Williams

One of the most popular and charismatic stars in the history of
professional wrestling, Solofa Fatu Jr. (previous ring name, "Kishi" and
formerly contracted to WWE as, "Rikishi") is looking forward to taking
part in the HULKAMANIA - Let the Battle Begin tour.

Q: When you were first contacted regarding the HULKAMANIA - Let
the Battle Begin tour, what was your reason for being interested in
being a part of it?

A: I was first contacted by KNOKX PRO ENTERTAINMENT awhile back. I
wanted to be a part of wrestling history coming to Australia, Hulk
Hogan's first time ever in the country. Also I miss the fans of
Australia. It's been awhile since I've been there.

To be a part of this TOUR is a BIG deal. I mean everyone and anyone
who's in the wrestling business are trying to get on. I mean who doesn't
want to be on the same show as the ICON OF WRESTLING with the MAN HULK
HOGAN, FLAIR. BLACK PEARL, MY BROTHER Eddie Fatu formerly known as
"UMAGA", man the list goes on.

You got to be stupid not to accept an invitation. You mean I get paid to
go to Australia and have fun. And be a part of WRESTLING HISTORY in
Ossieland (Fun Place). That's awesome. I'm there!!

Q: Who will you be wrestling on the tour, and is there anyone in
particular that you would like to wrestle on the tour?

A: Really don't know yet. But I will be in a tag team match teaming up
with my buddy GRANMASTA BRIAN CHRISTOPHER. It doesn't matter who we
face, but you can bet GRANMASTA and myself will bust a move on who ever
steps in to the ring with us. Bring your 'A' Game, boys.

I'm bringing the whole OSSIELAND fans with us ......

Q: What do you think the tour will lead to in the future? Do you see it
expanding to other countries, perhaps even growing into a full-time
promotion?

A: Surely I have no doubt that Michael Condon of CONDON SPORTS &
ENTERTAINMENT GROUP AND Reno Anoa'i of KNOKX PRO ENTERTAINMENT can book
any type of events there in Australia. Hell if they can bring WRESTLING
ICON HULK HOGAN there with the help of Bischoff Hervey Entertainment,
anything's possible in the future for these two groups as for
ENTERTAINMENT EVENTS...

This event is BIG and STRONG enough to move into other countries and
even GOOD enough to open a NEW WRESTLING LEAGUE. Just depends how far
these 3 groups want to take it. My hope is that they are ALL able to
work together in the future to give the WRESTLING/MMA fans a chance to
see other LEAGUES beside the same two companies in US over and over again.

Q: How long is your commitment for this tour? Is it only for November,
or are you planning on being a part of it if it goes longer?

A: For 4 events. I'm committed to Michael Condon of CONDON SPORTS &
ENTERTAINMENT GROUP and Reno Anoa'i of KNOKX PRO ENTERTAINMENT. I
believe in these two gents. They are professional guys with BIG VISIONS
for AUSTRALIA and other oversea countries for Pro Wrestling / MMA.

To have Australia have their own MAINSTREAM WORLDWIDE WRESTLING COMPANY
like the other two in USA. Would be BIG. And I believe these two can
pull it off.

Q: You have wrestled all over the word. How are Australian fans
different in regards to fans in other countries where you have wrestled?

A: OSSIELAND fans are full of energy and CRAZY. They're loud and come to
see a fight or get entertained. Just fun people. I love them.....

Q: KnokX Pro is involved in promoting the tour, and you are one of the
coaches at their school. Along with being a beneficial experience for
the individual talents involved, do you think that the tour will be
beneficial to KnokX Pro as a promotion as well?

A: YES. Its getting lots of media attention WORLDWIDE being involved
with HULKAMANIA TOUR. Which is good for us. Along with CONDON SPORTS &
ENTERTAINMENT GROUP and Bischoff Hervey Entertainment.

Q: For fans who are interested in being trained to wrestle, in your
opinion, why is KnokX Pro Academy the school that they should choose?

A: We provide our students the ALL around knowledge of the wrestling
business. The ins and outs of the wrestling world. For one we know what
we're talking about and also lived the life of wrestling. It's very easy
to teach something that you've lived all your life. KnokX Pro has that.
I have trainers who know what to teach to get our student ready for the
wrestling world and business part.

We care about my students. They're like my own kids when they walk
through that door of THE DOMAIN at KnokX Pro. We will teach them to be
ready when they leave us for the PRO WRESTLING WORLD. At the DOMAIN we
are all family. Tight and close bunch, who work hard together to help
fulfill the dreams of each other in pro wrestling life.

We are committed to our students and each other. We WILL give them the
BEST of the BEST training they can possibly get. To be THE NEXT BIG
THING IN PRO WRESTLING 50 yrs of EXPERIENCE COMBINED .....

Come see us at www.knokxpro.com "WHERE THE CHAMPIONS PLAY"

That's a GUARANTEE ...

Q: You are a very big part of a promotion that is based in Italy, and
also has shows in Spain and Switzerland. Do you have in any interest in
bringing the tour to those areas in the future?

A: But of course. We are looking in on that as we speak. Those markets
are very big in Pro Wrestling / MMA. I mean they love it out there. So
hopefully we are able to move into that part of the world with this tour
OR any other CONDON SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT GROUP and KNOKX PRO
ENTERTAINMENT event in the near future .

Sky's the limit here....

Q: With your involvement in the tour, combined with your work in Italy
and coaching for the KnokX Pro Academy, it seems like your career is
busier than ever. When you first started in the business, did you ever
imagine that over 20 years later, you would be this active in the industry?

A: Yes I know huh!! Crazy. But I love this business it's what I'm good
at. I am no longer working with the Italian company it was good while it
lasted, but now its full-time with my students at The DOMAIN .....I got
to give them 22 yrs of my mind in PRO WRESTLING BIZ .......

Q: During the rare opportunities that you have spare time, how do you
use it?

A: FAMILY TIME, FAMILY TIME, FAMILY TIME. Just try to catch up lost time
cause of being on the road. I like to cook for them. Maybe catch a DVD
movie or else just simply relax and listen to some reggae music and
chill. Or Billie Jean (Michael Jackson). I'm easy ..... Spend time with
my lil boy everyday

,,,,,,,,,,, Now that's a full-time, but I love it.

Daddy at home.

KISHI/ JR FATU on the road .....

Fa'afetai lava ( Thank You Much ) Peace and Love to Australia and the
World !!!!

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »
WWE Says WrestleMania Brings Big Money To Host Cities (Press Release)
By Michael Bluth
Oct 26, 2009 - 12:05:55 PM

WWE issued the following press release today:

WrestleMania Makes Close to $50 Million for Host City

STAMFORD, Conn.--(Business Wire)-- World Wrestling Entertainment announced today that The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania generated a $49.8 million dollar economic windfall for the greater Houston area, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation. Despite one of the biggest economic downturns in recent history, local and state governments collected $5.7 million in taxes. This follows the $51.5 million of economic impact WrestleMania XXIV brought to Orlando.

"Having the opportunity to host The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania was a huge honor and success," said Greg Ortale, President and CEO of the Greater Houston Convention & Visitor`s Bureau. "The direct expenditure demonstrates that WrestleMania is indeed economically on par with the world`s greatest sports and entertainment offerings."

"Our overarching goal with our public and private sector partners is to consistently provide positive economic impact for WrestleMania`s host communities and establish a lasting pro-social legacy, "said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events for World Wrestling Entertainment.

A capacitycrowd of72,744from all 50 states, 24 countries and seven Canadian provinces attended the pop culture extravaganza. Key highlights from the study included:

* $49.8 million of direct, indirect and induced impact derived from spending by non-locals visiting specifically for The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, equating to 600 full time jobs for the area.
* During WrestleMania Week, 86% of out of state, overnight visitors who came in for the festivities, stayed in local Houston area hotels. 67% stayed for three nights or more.
* Nearly 75% of fans that came to The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania from outside of Houston traveled by air.
* 23% of the fans that came from out of state were from California and New York.
* Nearly 65% of the fans that attended were between the ages of 10 and 34.

Next year, WrestleMania XXVI will take place March 28, 2010 from University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Tickets go on sale Saturday, November 7 at 10 AM MT through the University of Phoenix Stadium box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000. The event will be broadcast live on pay-per-view, and viewed in more than 100 countries.

Enigma Research Corporation is an international consulting firm which specializes in measuring the economic impact of special events. Enigma`s economists developed a customized model which converted expenditures into economic impact, employment created and taxes generated as a result of the event.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media company and recognized leader in global entertainment. With programming broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages, WWE provides 22 hours of weekly PG-rated programming domestically, in addition to 14 pay-per-views a year. Each week, 16 million people tune-in domestically to see WWE Superstars and Divas on Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown, ECW, and WWE Superstars` with millions more internationally. WWE holds more than 300 live events, entertaining over two million fans a year. The company`s brand extends across multiple platforms including: WWE Studios; WWE.com and WWEKids.com; WWE Magazine and WWE Kids Magazine; licensed merchandise; music and home entertainment. In addition, WWE "In Your Corner" is WWE`s charitable arm that focuses on literacy programs, civic engagement, military support and a 20+ year partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. More information on World Wrestling Entertainment can be found at http://corporate.wwe.com/

Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, copyrights and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
Why The Clocked Was Stopped During Cena-Orton Iron Man Match
By Amish Patel
Oct 26, 2009 - 11:10:31 AM

Source: PWInsider.com

- During last night's iron man match, John Cena was busted open after being hit by a microphone - this was not apparently a planned spot.

Vince McMahon ordered Cena to be cleaned up immediately after seeing the spot, and WWE's John Laurinaitis along with trainers rushed to ringside to clean him up. With their first attempt, Cena wasn't aware what they intended to do so played babyface and mounted offence against Randy Orton. The cut was finally glued shoot and cleaned up after the next fall.

Cena and Orton were scheduled to work among the crowd and WWE wanted to ensure there was no health issue with a bloody wrestler among fans. If it were to have happened, the issue would have been taken seriously by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission and likely used as more ammuniton against Linda McMahon's senate campaign.

As the blood was unplanned, WWE decided to stop the clock during the bout as it wasn't known how long the clean up operation on Cena would take.

Early Raw Preview, Lex Luger Speaks, Parts Unknown
By Michael Bluth
Oct 26, 2009 - 11:07:10 AM

-- Tonight's edition of WWE Raw takes from the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, N.Y. The special guest hosts are NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Joey Logano. The advertised dark match main event is John Cena, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and Big Show in a six-man tag. For the first time in months, WWE has 4 weeks to build to the next Pay-Per-View instead of only 3.

-- The WWE website has a tongue-in-cheek article about superstars who have hailed from "parts unknown," which you can read here.

-- WWE's website has also added Lex Luger to the "Where Are They Now?" section. Luger says, "One of the things I do is try to get a positive message out there in the local schools and tell my story,” Luger said. “I also do a lot of faith-based speaking, sharing my story and testimony, to help show what God has done in my life and what he can do in others’ lives." For more, visit WWE.com.

Jim Ross Speaks On Bragging Rights, DX/Jeri-Show Feud On Horizon and His Health
By Amish Patel
Oct 26, 2009 - 10:17:25 AM

- Jim Ross' has a new blog up at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/ - below are the highlights:

* Surprising night for Smackdown. I would have lost my bet in that I was suggesting that one take Raw and lay the points. Shows what I know.

* A Jericho/Big Show vs. DX issue looms one would assume.

* Fatal 4 Ways can only have so many agendas and the biggest thing to come out of the World Title Match was the Batista-Mysterio issue which should make for some interesting Friday Night Smackdown. The big, disgruntled bully against the smaller underdog seems to be a dog that will hunt.

* I throughly enjoyed the 60 Minute Ironman Match and that was the match that I would have most loved to have participated in from an old school perspective. Cena and Orton rose to the occasion, in a physically demanding environment and told a magnificent story to bring the PPV to the close it needed. Loved the physicality and intensity as "going the hour" is a challenging piece of business. Cena is unquestionably and obviously the "Face of WWE" which is no revelation but was certainly reaffirmed Sunday night. Orton has raised his game to an extraordinary level and he's still not nearly as good as he is going to be considering his age and what lies ahead for the third generation wrestler. That's a scary thought.

* On a personal note, I am scheduled to get my MRI results late Monday afternoon of which I feel exprememly confident that I'll get good news.

Update On Shawn Michaels Future In WWE
By Amish Patel
Oct 25, 2009 - 11:40:14 PM

- ProWrestling.net report that Shawn Michaels is likely to continue wrestling on a regular basis for another 2-3 years and he is not giving the impression that his retirement is imminent.

Michaels' schedule may be lightened further in the next year or so, but right now he doesn't appear on house show events or work a full-time schedule like other WWE superstars.

It is believed that when the time does come for Michaels to call it quits, he will receive a spectacular sendoff similar to that of Ric Flair's when he retired.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
Concern Over Edge's Return for WrestleMania, WWE's New Hogan DVD
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:13:16 PM

- As of last word, WWE was still scheduled to release the Hulk Hogan DVD set this week but people in the company wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon yanks it.

- There has been a lot of concern lately within WWE that Edge won't return to the ring in time for WrestleMania. His injury is one you really can't rush back from if it's not 100% ready.

Posted in: WWE
Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair Removed From WWE.com's Alumni Section
By Michael Bluth
Oct 29, 2009 - 3:27:15 PM

Following the announcement that Hulk Hogan will now be working with TNA Wrestling, there have been some curious changes to WWE.com that are worth noting.

Both Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair's profiles have been removed from the Alumni section of WWE.com. Eric Bischoff, who will be joining Hulk Hogan in working with TNA, still has a profile on the Alumni page.

While its somewhat understandable why Hogan's profile would be taken down now that he's working for WWE's top competitor, there hasn't really been anything newsworthy with Ric Flair in recent days. While he is wrestling next month despite WWE's grand sendoff last year at WrestleMania, this has been known for quite some time.

Samoa Joe Furious After Bound For Glory, Turmoil Within TNA, Sting's Return
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:08:56 PM

- Samoa Joe was fuming mad after Bound For Glory when some kind of barbecue for friends of his he had planned at the show didn't happen. Somehow the deal didn't go through and he was furious to the point where there was a chance he would have been sent home before the pay-per-view began.

- Sting is not scheduled to return to the TNA storylines for a while.

- Sources say there has been a lot of turmoil within TNA in recent days. Several wrestlers have been complaining to each other about not getting the direction they need. Several of the top guys have been wondering what their direction is because they couldn't understand where their characters were headed and they weren't satisfied with a lack of an answer. Word is that AJ Styles has felt he's been booked too weakly as World Champion.

TNA Wrestler Has Surgery, Low TNA Attendance, iMPACT Tapings, Rhino/Kip
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:03:05 PM

Sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

- TNA recently sent a note to people on their mailing list saying that iMPACT tapings will now begin at 5:30PM. VIP's should start arriving at 4:30PM.

- Rhino and Kip James appeared at the University of Wisconsin vs. Minnesota State game on October 24th to promote a WWE live event and shoot off the cannon after a touchdown. They were introduced as WWF stars Billy Gunn and Rhino.

- The TNA live event on October 23rd in Chicago drew 450 fans while the show on October 24th in Racine, Wisconsin drew 600 fans and the show on October 25th in Green Bay drew 800 fans.

- Eric Young underwent throat surgery on October 28th in Nashville. Young has a throat problem similar to the one Brian Pillman had. He had multiple surgeries as a child which resulted in the unique voice he has now. Every few years a new surgery is needed and his last operation was in 2006.

More WWE Reaction To TNA-Hogan, Meet Mickie James and Co, More
By Amish Patel
Oct 29, 2009 - 12:40:06 PM

Source: PWInsider.com

- In an update to Brad's post here, the internal reaction in WWE to Hulk Hogan signing with TNA was that it was a mistake on TNA's part, with the consensus that Hogan and Eric Bischoff would put themselves before the promotion. As reported, there was no shock at the announcement backstage at the SmackDown tapings.

- Nick Hogan to follow Hulk leading to Hogans vs. Flairs? Jeff Wilen's JAWBreaker breaks down everything involved in Hogan's signing with TNA Wrestling here: http://www.go386.com/jawbreaker/ including a move to Monday nights, who will follow Hogan (leading to a Hogan/Nick Hogan vs. The Flairs match), what it means for Vince Russo/Sting/Kevin Nash and WWE's reaction.

- The Heyman Hustle has some photos of Dwayne "The Rock" posing with co-star Samuel L. Jackson from his latest movie, "The Other Guys."

- WWE will be holding a WWE Magazine Fanfest at the next WWE event in Dusseldorf, Germany with fans being greeted by Mickie James, Cryme Time and Savannah.

Roddy Piper Hosting Raw & Wants To Wrestle Vince, "Always Sunny" Cameo
By Michael Bluth
Oct 29, 2009 - 11:35:15 AM

In an interview with IconvsIcon.com, WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper says that he'll be hosting an upcoming edition of WWE Raw. While Piper hosting WWE Raw seems to be an indication that everything is fine between the two parties, that's far from the case. Piper says he wasn't happy with his involvement at WrestleMania 25 this April and wants to close his career on a better note.

"I wasn’t very happy with Wrestlemania XXV. In my mind, I want to put a cap on it as you say, with one more match, an extraordinary performance," Piper said. "Ya know the clock is tickin’, let’s be honest, so sooner rather then later. So, I think if you saw me in Raw that it would be leading into that match. I don’t know what it is yet. But yeah, you are correct."

Since WrestleMania back in April, Piper has been outspoken against WWE for booking him in a three-on-one handicap match with Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka against Chris Jericho. "I wasn't wild about WrestleMania 25 to put it mildly. There's not a chance in hell that that's the last way you're gonna see me," Piper said on the Monday Night Mayhem radio show in August. "There will definitely be a return of Roddy Piper...and sooner than later. How many more fights I have in me, I don't know."

Piper knows that his days in the ring are virtually over, but he's got an idea for one more high profile match that he'd like to see take place at WrestleMania 26 next year. "You got Vince McMahon who's done a great job of promoting, who became a bodybuilder, and the last I saw him, I think he's convinced himself he could fight now," Piper said. "I say this...why don't you just put Roddy Piper and Vince McMahon in the ring."

Funny backstage Hulk Hogan/Kurt Angle note, Hogan audio, TNA TV rumors
By Brian Cantor
Oct 28, 2009 - 11:38:01 PM

Though Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle wrestled on opposite sides of the ring during their WWE careers (and would presumably be paired in TNA should Hogan enter the ring), a source says Hulk Hogan began vetoing plans to work with Angle in late 2005.

According to F4WOnline.com's Wrestling Observer, Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon jointly watched the RAW Homecoming Iron Man Match between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels from the backstage area. At one point, Angle delivered a suplex, and Hogan reportedly oversold the impact of what he had seen on the monitor. Hogan also provided McMahon with a comedic facial expression that essentially said "no way" to working that way with Angle (the Observer described the reaction as "No worko with Mr Stiffo, kay"); Vince reportedly made fun of the story later on.

TNA posted audio of Hulk Hogan's "Howard Stern" interview here.

As has been reported, Spike TV is outright denying that there are plans to move TNA iMPACT! to Monday nights, as it remains strongly committed to using the TNA program as a Thursday tentpole. PWInsider.com additionally notes that there are no plans to turn iMPACT! into a live show.

Idea Mentioned to Write Shane McMahon Out of WWE, What HHH Is Saying Backstage
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:11:31 PM

- At a recent WWE creative meeting, Michael Hayes brought up the idea of doing something to "write Shane McMahon out of the promotion." Hayes brought this up only as an idea in front of other writers and to the best of anyone's knowledge, has not mentioned it in front of the McMahons yet.

Besides that, the creative team is taking Shane's departure as something that is a taboo subject to talk about, especially in public. Triple H has been asked by wrestlers what's the story with Shane leaving and he's been saying he knows as much as everyone else does, which nobody believes.

Posted in: TNA
Hulk Hogan's Secret TNA Signing, TNA Meets with Spike TV on the Future and More
By Marc Middleton
Oct 29, 2009 - 2:07:13 PM

Source: PWInsider

- Dixie Carter, Vince Russo and other top TNA officials had a meeting with Spike TV officials in New York City this week to work on strategies moving forward. The meeting was something that had been planned well in advance of the Hulk Hogan announcement. Jeff Jarrett was not there and neither was Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff.

Despite what's being said elsewhere, several TNA sources are saying that Bischoff and Hogan are not taking over creatively. Hogan will likely have creative control over his character but word is that Russo and company are not being replaced. Hogan has suggestions of talents he would like to see brought into TNA but there are currently no wrestlers or other personalities 100% set to come in.

TNA office workers were informed of the Hulk Hogan signing about 15 minutes before the press conference in New York City took place. Word is that only 5-6 people total knew that the deal was going down before that day.

The rumors of TNA planned a show on Monday nights appear to be false, according to Spike TV sources. TNA's production schedule is planned through April of 2010 and live event tours are already booked through May of 2010. Spike TV wants to build iMPACT as their top show for Thursday nights, which is one of the reasons why the Saturday iMPACT replay was pulled. There also has been no discussion of changing the iMPACT format to a live production.

Another Future Raw Guest Host Revealed, Jeff Hardy & Dixie Carter On Twitter
By Michael Bluth
Oct 29, 2009 - 5:50:19 PM

-- The UK Sun is reporting that boxer Ricky Hatton will be guest hosting WWE Raw on 11/9 from the UK's Sheffield Arena. Hatton will be the second boxer to host Raw after his recent opponent Floyd Mayweather Jr appeared held the job back in August.

-- TNA president Dixie Carter has joined Twitter at Twitter.com/TNADixie. Her first post detailed an eventful day at TNA headquarters. "Celebrated the Hogan signing at staff meeting this morning with champagne and donuts" Carter called it "a new beginning for TNA!"

-- Speaking of Twitter, former WWE superstar Jeff Hardy's Twitter page is now back online at Twitter.com/jeffhardybrand. He has not added any posts yet. The page was taken down shortly after his drug arrest on September 11th.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »
Hulk Hogan Explains Why He Chose TNA Over WWE
By Amish Patel
Oct 28, 2009 - 10:18:58 AM

Thanks to ProWrestling.net and Aghazi for the following report on Hulk Hogan's appearance on Howard Stern satellite radio show this morning:

Vince McMahon asked him to guest host the MSG Raw coming up on November 16.

Vince wanted to do a merchandising deal where WWE would get the rights to the Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania names.

Hogan didn't go back with Vince because he isn't ready to be put out to pasture just yet. He feels he has a lot to offer still, which is why he signed with TNA.

WWE talked about him facing John Cena at WrestleMania 25 in Houston last April, but Hogan threw his back out.

Howard mentioned him signing with TNA (by name) and asked if Vince was cool. Hogan said he imagined Vince wasn't too pleased. Hogan didn't say too much about TNA, from what I heard.

Howard started asking him about his book and Hogan told a story about his brother dying years ago from drugs and how he blames himself.

Updates on Hogan and Russo, Nash Suspended
By Ernie Valenzuela
Oct 27, 2009 - 8:45:17 PM

Here are a few items regarding the Hogan-TNA situation that PWTorch.com has learned in the last few hours:

-Vince Russo still has his job and is not acting shocked or worried by this news. He's scheduled to be part of a small contingent of TNA representatives at Spike TV headquarters in New York tomorrow.

-Dixie Carter first floated the idea of having Hulk Hogan as an on-air authority figure for the company within a short time of the falling out with Jeff Jarrett.

-Although not the sole reason Sting was talked into staying around, if Dixie had an inkling of this happening, it might have been a reason she pushed for him to stick around for another year when he had spent most of the year pretty convinced his last match would have been nine days ago at Bound for Glory.

-The rumor among wrestlers is that Hulk Hogan wanted Kevin Nash to be booker, but it doesn't appear there is anything to that. In fact, Nash is officially suspended from the next TV taping because of his going off script in the ring at the last taping.

Source: PwTorch.com

Latest On Hulk Hogan Signing With TNA
By Brad Ingles
Oct 27, 2009 - 6:16:52 PM

The latest on Hulk Hogan signing with TNA is that he will be a major on-screen character, but will not wrestle on a regular basis. With Hogan and Eric Bischoff joining TNA, it allows Spike TV to get first opportunity at signing a deal for the Hogan/Ric Flair reality series.

The Hogan signing is said to be the first of many major announcements from TNA and Spike TV. A speculated announcement is a timeslot change for Impact to go head-to-head with Raw and additional programming.

Credit: F4WOnline.com