Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 757059 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1375 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
Take what you want from this....

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/....-matches-131087

After speaking with sources I have learned the early plans as of now for next years WrestleMania 28 card.

Obviously The Rock vs John Cena and the plan is to have the WWE title be on the line in that match.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho would also be on the card. A rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker is rumored to take place at this years SummerSlam.

Triple H would go to WrestleMania next year going up against The Miz.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.

And the celebrity involvement that the WWE is hoping for is Big Show in a match against retired NBA star Shaq.

These plans are all subject to change 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1376 on: June 09, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
Take what you want from this....

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/....-matches-131087

After speaking with sources I have learned the early plans as of now for next years WrestleMania 28 card.

Obviously The Rock vs John Cena and the plan is to have the WWE title be on the line in that match.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho would also be on the card. A rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker is rumored to take place at this years SummerSlam.

Triple H would go to WrestleMania next year going up against The Miz.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.

And the celebrity involvement that the WWE is hoping for is Big Show in a match against retired NBA star Shaq.

These plans are all subject to change 

How far do you think Shaq is from "ring-shape?"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1377 on: June 09, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »

How far do you think Shaq is from "ring-shape?"
After watching him with Celtics all year, I'll borrow a line from Heenan

"By the time he gets to the ring, it will be Wrestlemania 29.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1378 on: June 09, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
http://allwrestling.com/News/37623/wwe-seeking-indian-stars-bret/

With the opening of new offices in India, WWE is looking at signing more wrestlers from the country. There is a major push to bring in new fans from India and develop the WWE brand there. This is one of the reasons that The Great Khali is being put with Jinder Mahal as a heel force to be reckoned with, eventually becoming babyface stars.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1379 on: June 09, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »
After watching him with Celtics all year, I'll borrow a line from Heenan

"By the time he gets to the ring, it will be Wrestlemania 29.
Lol...isn't that what he said about giant gonzolas at WM9?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1380 on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Lol @ WM9, not Takers best match / opponent but he still looked great at times. People that big are too uncoordinated and their mobility too restricted to do a great match

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1381 on: June 10, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »
Lol @ WM9, not Takers best match / opponent but he still looked great at times. People that big are too uncoordinated and their mobility too restricted to do a great match
If i'm not mistaken Giant Gonzolas is confined to a wheelchair now and is terminally ill.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1382 on: June 10, 2011, 05:07:21 AM »
If i'm not mistaken Giant Gonzolas is confined to a wheelchair now and is terminally ill.

He died last Fall.
Mass had a thread/post about it at the time.

I didn't even know it happened.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1383 on: June 10, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »

He died last Fall.
Mass had a thread/post about it at the time.

I didn't even know it happened.

Shit, I totally forgot about that.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1384 on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »
had they had the medical procedure that they used on the big show he might still be alive.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1385 on: June 10, 2011, 08:32:47 AM »
had they had the medical procedure that they used on the big show he might still be alive.
Did Big Show suffer from Giantism?? I don't think he did.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1386 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:10 AM »
Did Big Show suffer from Giantism?? I don't think he did.

They used the procedure to stem his growth as he was 6'11" as a teenager

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1387 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »
They used the procedure to stem his growth as he was 6'11" as a teenager
Holy shit....6'11" in highschool. I bet no one fucked with him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1388 on: June 10, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »
Monsoon also had acromegaly.
I remember in one of my text books, they showed pictures of men & women with the condition.
What I found odd is, as they approached middle-age, most of them looked remarably like Andre...NO JOKE!

These people looked average/"normal" when younger, but as they approached their 40's, their facial features and overall structure amazingly resembled Andre's.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1389 on: June 11, 2011, 07:09:53 AM »
The Observer-

Triple H has been pushing for an overhaul to the WWE developmental system. With Triple H now assuming the role of head of talent development, The Wrestling Observer has provided more details on Triple H’s plan for the FCW facility.

It’s expected that Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman will be brought into FCW to handle the day-to-day operations of the facility and to handle the development of new talent. Whatever changes to take place, as we initially reported, a pretty major overhaul of the current system is expected to take place.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1390 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:35 AM »
It’s expected that Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman will be brought into FCW to handle the day-to-day operations

Big surprise, there.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1391 on: June 12, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
TMZ.com reported that Kevin Nash was arrested recently in Florida for hitting a guy who was hitting on his wife at restaurant. The report says that Nash told the guy to leave and when he continued to ignore that led to Nash hitting him. Nash was arrested on suspisicion of battery but the charge was later dropped.

Kevin Nash on his Twitter added some details that were not reported by TMZ when he said:

"What great journalism TMZ provides. Nothing about the guy trying to attack me w/ a beer bottle.Guy w/ tattoo's always gets arrested."

credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1392 on: June 13, 2011, 06:47:17 AM »
TMZ.com reported that Kevin Nash was arrested recently in Florida for hitting a guy who was hitting on his wife at restaurant. The report says that Nash told the guy to leave and when he continued to ignore that led to Nash hitting him. Nash was arrested on suspisicion of battery but the charge was later dropped.

Kevin Nash on his Twitter added some details that were not reported by TMZ when he said:

Nash should have jack knifed the guy on the concrete.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #1393 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

Such a shitty finishing move for Nash. He would lift the guy up and then simply drop him on his back. He didn't even try to make the move look devastating.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1394 on: June 13, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »

He would have most likely botched it and dropped the guy on his head.  Of course that is after 10 hair flips. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1395 on: June 13, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »
WWE released Michael Tarver and Jacob Novak over the weekend, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Tarver was on the original cast of NXT and was a founding member of the Nexus. After he was dropped from the group, he was brought back for several appearances that saw him standing in the back as the beginning of a re-introduction that never fully happened.

Jacob Novak was part of the most recent cast of NXT, including a mini-feud with William Regal, before being eliminated first from the season.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1396 on: June 14, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »
WWE released Michael Tarver and Jacob Novak over the weekend, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Tarver was on the original cast of NXT and was a founding member of the Nexus. After he was dropped from the group, he was brought back for several appearances that saw him standing in the back as the beginning of a re-introduction that never fully happened.

Jacob Novak was part of the most recent cast of NXT, including a mini-feud with William Regal, before being eliminated first from the season.
And there's more coming....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1397 on: June 15, 2011, 05:49:45 AM »
Some news and notes:

There is a new ring announcer working WWE Superstars and her name is Eden Stiles, a WWE developmental Diva. They also used her to announce FCW shows with Raquel Diaz.

The latest update on CM Punk’s status with WWE is that he is still planning on taking a leave of absence once his contract expires this year. Those close to the RAW Superstar say he feels like he hasn’t been treated like a “top guy,” which will factor in his decision. Vince may try to sway him by giving him the WWE title as he has done with stars in the past to keep Punk around.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1398 on: June 17, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
As we reported back when Sin Cara made his WWE debut, the transition from wrestling in Mexico to the WWE style of wrestling has not been an easy one for the former Lucha Libre star.

Many considered Cara's start in WWE to be very rocky, with the company having to put protective measure into place in order to help camouflage the in-ring issues Cara was having. First, as we reported, Cara was moved to Smackdown, which is a taped show, so botched spots in matches can be re-taped or edited.

The Wrestling Observer is now reporting that another step WWE took to help Sin Cara transition was to sign Mexican Lucha Libre star Averno, with whom Cara has had many matches in the past. WWE feels Cara will work well with Averno, and vice versa, which should ultimately help get Sin Cara over.

It should be noted that many in the back feel Sin Cara has been cut more slack than most would get because he's Triple H's "pet project," and although Cara is frustrated with having to learn a new style of wrestling, he is grateful for the spot he has in WWE, and for being "protected" at this point.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1399 on: June 17, 2011, 03:04:48 PM »
The Los Angeles Times (LATimes.com) published Friday a feature article on former WWE executive Shane McMahon, who talked about his new video-on-demand project in China linking up with Warner Bros., his departure from WWE, and his relationship with his father, WWE CEO Vince McMahon, after leaving the company.

"It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make," McMahon said about leaving WWE to pursue the opportunity with You On Demand in China. "I didn't want to wake up when I was 70 and say, 'I should have done that.'"

The Times noted Shane was viewed as a "potential successor to his father," but Shane said there was one problem: "He wasn't going anywhere."

Shane said telling his father he was leaving WWE was "brutal" and there remains some "residual tension" almost two years after his departure was announced. (Shane officially parted ways in January 2009.) Shane said the relationship with Vince is "still hard."