Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 756944 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes:
« Reply #2125 on: August 12, 2016, 05:17:49 AM »
Ryback is officially a free agent. The WWE star took to Instagram to reveal that his contract is up with the company and that he’s no longer in business with them. He wished the company and its talent roster “the best their future endeavors” in the video, which you can see below.

Ryback hasn’t been actively involved with WWE since he asked to be sent home in May in the midst of stalled contract negotiations. WWE has yet to comment on Ryback’s status is currently he is in talks with NJPW.

Ryu Smash

• Getbig II
« Reply #2126 on: August 13, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »
I love Ryback, I hope he stays FAR AWAY from TNA and all the awfulness associated with that swamp. Killer heel in Japan sounds good. Bob Sapp did wonders out there as a face, like, he was mega huge. Perhaps even that sort of face run? He has the charisma to pull it off.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2127 on: August 13, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »
Did anyone catch Aaron Rex (The artist formerly known as Damien Sandow) on TNA the other day for his first promo.

I like his entrance music.

Ryu Smash

• Getbig II
« Reply #2128 on: August 14, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »
Yeah, he was wheeled out to do the usual lame "dump on WWE" thing. TNA are so inferior its unbelievable.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2129 on: August 16, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
Yeah, he was wheeled out to do the usual lame "dump on WWE" thing. TNA are so inferior its unbelievable.
TNA is a glorified indy show.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2130 on: August 17, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
Del Rio suspended for weakness policy. I assume PEDS since he is jacked since his return.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2131 on: August 17, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »
Del Rio suspended for weakness policy. I assume PEDS since he is jacked since his return.

Paige too.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2132 on: August 18, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »
Yup...that's my suspicion.

Paige Suspended 30 Days For WWE Wellness Policy

By Ryan Clark on August 17, 2016

Following news that boyfriend Alberto Del Rio was suspended today for his first violation of the Wellness Policy, Paige has been suspended as well. WWE announced the news on WWE.com, posting:

“WWE has suspended Saraya-Jade Bevis (Paige) for 30 days effective tomorrow, Thursday, Aug. 18, for her first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.”>/b>\

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2133 on: August 18, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
Now Eva Marie suspended.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2134 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:03 PM »
Now Eva Marie suspended.
Lol....its getting to be a joke. Eva Marie....wow....

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #2135 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »
Sounds like everyone was busted doing blow at a party.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #2136 on: August 21, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
anyone know why they let Steve Lombardi go? he was with them for 33 years I believe..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2137 on: August 22, 2016, 02:23:20 AM »
anyone know why they let Steve Lombardi go? he was with them for 33 years I believe..

Sounds like everyone was busted doing blow at a party.

I'm only guessing...
 ;D

Seriously, that is extremely surprising. It was kind of accepted years ago that Steve was Pat's (Patterson) "boy," and that was why he was always kept around.

Maybe it was a lover's quarrel.
 :-X

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2138 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:23 AM »
UPDATE: Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Eva Marie’s Wellness suspension was due to not providing a prescription for Adderall. The site says that all performers are required to disclose all medication to WWE officials and that Adderall was not properly approved for her. Marie told WWE that she has a legitimate prescription from her doctor for Adderall and apparently plans to appeal the suspension.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2139 on: August 22, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »
UPDATE: Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Eva Marie’s Wellness suspension was due to not providing a prescription for Adderall. The site says that all performers are required to disclose all medication to WWE officials and that Adderall was not properly approved for her. Marie told WWE that she has a legitimate prescription from her doctor for Adderall and apparently plans to appeal the suspension.

What is it with adderall? Eva Marie, Reigns...who else? Does it help focus on the match? If this is the case, both need to up the dose...

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #2140 on: August 22, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
What is it with adderall? Eva Marie, Reigns...who else? Does it help focus on the match? If this is the case, both need to up the dose...

No shit.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2141 on: August 25, 2016, 06:32:13 AM »
The Wrestling Observer reports that there was a big backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho at the end of SummerSlam. The site says that according to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position at the end of the main event, in which Lesnar bloodied Randy Orton, and asked producer Michael Hayes if that was the planned finish.\

When Hayes didn’t respond, Jericho reportedly said “That’s bulls**t” just as Lesnar was returning backstage. Lesnar apparently misinterpreted the comment as referring to the match itself and according to two separate sources either called Jericho a “p**sy” or told him to shut up and mind his own business. The two went face to face and began to have words, during which Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers and Jericho responded by going forehead to forehead. One version of the story says that Lesnar pushed Jericho against the wall.

Either way, the two ended up tangled against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Triple H jumped in at that point and broke things up, only to have them go at it again. Vince McMahon then got between them. Jericho was yelling about Lesnar and McMahon said it was all a work and to be professional.

Triple H told McMahon that Lesnar started the fight and Jericho was standing up for himself. Jericho got angry when he saw Orton’s condition, as he was concerned for his health. Orton assured Jericho that he knew what was planned.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2142 on: August 25, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »
The Wrestling Observer reports that there was a big backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho at the end of SummerSlam. The site says that according to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position at the end of the main event, in which Lesnar bloodied Randy Orton, and asked producer Michael Hayes if that was the planned finish.\

When Hayes didn’t respond, Jericho reportedly said “That’s bulls**t” just as Lesnar was returning backstage. Lesnar apparently misinterpreted the comment as referring to the match itself and according to two separate sources either called Jericho a “p**sy” or told him to shut up and mind his own business. The two went face to face and began to have words, during which Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers and Jericho responded by going forehead to forehead. One version of the story says that Lesnar pushed Jericho against the wall.

Either way, the two ended up tangled against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Triple H jumped in at that point and broke things up, only to have them go at it again. Vince McMahon then got between them. Jericho was yelling about Lesnar and McMahon said it was all a work and to be professional.

Triple H told McMahon that Lesnar started the fight and Jericho was standing up for himself. Jericho got angry when he saw Orton’s condition, as he was concerned for his health. Orton assured Jericho that he knew what was planned.

I'm impressed the old man stepped between them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2143 on: August 26, 2016, 06:22:06 AM »

I'm impressed the old man stepped between them.
In Jericho's defense he was legitimately concerned for Orton's health and did not know that it was a planned "bust up hard way" finish. Brock needs to lose the attitude though for real.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2144 on: August 29, 2016, 12:20:34 PM »
jerchico as the veteran wrestler is trying to assume the undertakers old role as the backstage go to guy {enforcer of the code].. that being said jericho got guts and is not afraid of anyone see the goldberg incident.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2145 on: August 29, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »
jerchico as the veteran wrestler is trying to assume the undertakers old role as the backstage go to guy {enforcer of the code].. that being said jericho got guts and is not afraid of anyone see the goldberg incident.

Didn't he take Goldberg down with a simple front face-lock?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2146 on: August 30, 2016, 04:33:46 PM »

Didn't he take Goldberg down with a simple front face-lock?
that's what i heard.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2147 on: August 31, 2016, 04:29:47 AM »
UPDATE: A new report claims that Alberto Del Rio is in fact done with WWE. Del Rio reportedly gave his notice to WWE through his lawyer around sixty days ago.

Del Rio was reportedly frustrated with the company’s lack of follow-through on promises given to him when he returned last summer. That included a main event push, but he was instead kept in the midcard during the Mex-America and League of Nations storylines.

Del Rio gave notice in late June, which was obviously before Del Rio’s Wellness Violation suspension on August 17th. Del Rio is not expected to return to the company at all at this point and after the end of September he will be free to work anywhere in the US. He is able to work internationally immediately.

ORIGINAL: It had been reported that Alberto Del Rio has an out-clause in his WWE contract in September and on last night’s episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer added that Del Rio is being pulled from all WWE appearances, both during and for after his 30-day suspension ends. While not saying that Del Rio was done with the company, it was framed that way in the conversation.

Del Rio and girlfriend Paige were both suspended back on August 17th.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2148 on: August 31, 2016, 05:06:32 AM »
UPDATE: A new report claims that Alberto Del Rio is in fact done with WWE. Del Rio reportedly gave his notice to WWE through his lawyer around sixty days ago.

Del Rio was reportedly frustrated with the company’s lack of follow-through on promises given to him when he returned last summer. That included a main event push, but he was instead kept in the midcard during the Mex-America and League of Nations storylines.

Del Rio gave notice in late June, which was obviously before Del Rio’s Wellness Violation suspension on August 17th. Del Rio is not expected to return to the company at all at this point and after the end of September he will be free to work anywhere in the US. He is able to work internationally immediately.

ORIGINAL: It had been reported that Alberto Del Rio has an out-clause in his WWE contract in September and on last night’s episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer added that Del Rio is being pulled from all WWE appearances, both during and for after his 30-day suspension ends. While not saying that Del Rio was done with the company, it was framed that way in the conversation.

Del Rio and girlfriend Paige were both suspended back on August 17th.

he was good shame...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2149 on: August 31, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »
Report – Dixie Carter On Her Way Out Of TNA?

By Ryan Clark on August 29, 2016

A new report suggests that Dixie Carter may be on her way out of TNA. Wrestling Observer Radio reports that despite what is being said publicly, Carter’s is now “completely” out of power and “pretty much on her way out.”

Carter was not at the last two sets of TV tapings in Orlando, and Dave Meltzer said that he was told by someone else that new TNA President Billy Corgan’s appearance on Vince Russo’s podcast recently raised a few red flags when he said the following:

“I am the President, I do have an ownership stake. It is a fluctuating situation, which I cannot talk about certain details because of it, but I would say it is moving progressively into the right direction, because a the end of the day, the company needs resources and the funding to continue, and I think those are good decisions that have been made so, whether or not at the end of the day I, or somebody else ends up owning the majority stake or Dixie keeps her majority stake, that has yet to be remain seen, but I see all the moves that are happening as good moves, but the one thing that I can tell you is that I am the President and I am running the operational part of the company. As you know, there are different parts of the company, that are not necessarily bigger than the President role, because the President sets the tone for the company, but there are other deals that get made that don’t have necessarily have to deal with the day to day product and the day to day running of the wrestling company.”

Corgan was promoted to the position of President recently after he bought an ownership stake in the company, while Carter became Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer.