Author Topic: Barbarian training...  (Read 3089 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Barbarian training...
« on: January 26, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
So everything over here is iced... roads have ice all over them and it was back day. My work out partner backed out because the roads were icy. I walked down the stairs, slipped and busted my ass and pulled something in my back. I then scraped the ice off my car, drove to the gym and slipped and busted my ass again trying to go up some stairs. This time the wound was serious. I cut a gash in my hand from the ice and started bleeding everywhere. This did not stop me though. I then proceeded to the gym covered in blood where i banged out a bitching back work out and did a set pf 315 lb barbell rows. This is dedication my getbig brothers. Most would have turned back to the warmth of their home and to the entertainment of their getbigs but i didn't. This my friends is barbarian training.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
Re: Barbarian training...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
HEART OF A CHAMPION  :o :o :o

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:14:24 PM »
got any vids of this leafy? if not it didnt happen.....

;)

;D

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:20:24 PM »
did you just bleed all over the equipment or did you have a little consideration for your fellow lifters and use your thong as a tourniquet?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »

;)

;D
;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
;D

Hell yeah, you almost died for us Leafy!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »

;)

;D

;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 05:24:08 PM »
Bullshit on the 315 rows.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
;D

Solid muscular development in the opponens digiti minimi muscle, bro....

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
Bullshit on the 315 rows.
Nahh i do them, the form of course isn't as good as it is with 225-275 but i do them. I there are times to cheat. I try to overload the muscle so the fibers deep in the muscle get used. Thats why you see a lot of pros doing 4 inch range of motion with 2000lb leg press. Never claimed my form was as good as ronnies but it is good enough to get a contraction.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
you can get away with that while your young but after a while it takes quite a toll on your back, be careful once your back is hurt its game over.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 05:48:18 PM »
you can get away with that while your young but after a while it takes quite a toll on your back, be careful once your back is hurt its game over.
Yea.... My back is locked out though. The range of motion is just short. It causes no pain at all. I did strain my back a little doing straight leg deads though so ill be doing that lighter.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
good to hear the leafy shitstain rowin 315  :o

how much you weighin these days?
A

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 05:51:58 PM »
So everything over here is iced... roads have ice all over them and it was back day. My work out partner backed out because the roads were icy. I walked down the stairs, slipped and busted my ass and pulled something in my back. I then scraped the ice off my car, drove to the gym and slipped and busted my ass again trying to go up some stairs. This time the wound was serious. I cut a gash in my hand from the ice and started bleeding everywhere. This did not stop me though. I then proceeded to the gym covered in blood where i banged out a bitching back work out and did a set pf 315 lb barbell rows. This is dedication my getbig brothers. Most would have turned back to the warmth of their home and to the entertainment of their getbigs but i didn't. This my friends is barbarian training.

I did this for 2 straight weeks when I went home over the christmas holiday.  Minus the prat falls.  3 hour round trip commute.  But it was well worth it.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »
good to hear the leafy shitstain rowin 315  :o

how much you weighin these days?
The same hahaha 185.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »
185 rowing 315... ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »

Reps just as textbook strict as can be, full pause at the bottom.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

I rowed 315 at 180, got about 2.5 reps and it didnt look pretty, thats what you get when you workout partner is 230 and juiced

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »
;D

LOL. Reminds of that pic DA posted of his bloody knuckles post twink beating.  ;)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

or train in their home gym  ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 06:06:32 PM »
LOL. Reminds of that pic DA posted of his bloody knuckles post twink beating.  ;)

It seems like DA always had somethin to prove...I couldn't ever figure out why he wanted to brag about stuff all the time.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 06:07:23 PM »
roid induced dedication  :P

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »
Never said the form was good. I lean over about 45 degree and use momentum. I stop just above my knee. Same thing with 1000 lb leg press for 12 reps. The important part of the lift is resisting down so you can feel the fibers in your legs deep close to the bone working.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
Reps just as textbook strict as can be, full pause at the bottom.
Sorry i meant 415... my finger slipped  ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »
;D

I don't want to fuck with you man, but this is exactly how Mike Dusa aka: Moosejay got into trouble with a very similar part of his body....or so he says.

Next thing we know you're posting up pictures of some mutated/melting hand.

Promise us that you won't go down that road, brother. Pedophilia and flesh-eating bacteria is a dead-end street.