Author Topic: who do you think is the best Boxer of all time.. HW  (Read 4741 times)

imarcus

• Getbig I
Re: who do you think is the best Boxer of all time.. HW
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »
MARCIANO then LEWIS (Lennox) and 3rd ALI for the following reasons Marciano had incredible endurance, he just kept on coming.His punching power was murderous when he hit you you didn't get up. As far as being small he fought at about 190 to 195lbs but if you looked at him in shape he didn't carry the heavy layer of muscle boxers of today have. ( In my opinion steroid or supplement induced.) So given todays training techniques and god knows what else.He could have easily gained another 25 to 30 pounds because he had a thick frame, bringing  his weight to approx.225lbs I think this would give him even more punching power and speed. If you look at pictures of Marciano after retiring he looks much bigger. Tyson on the other hand looks like he's shrinking. Marciano appeared as if he enjoyed being hit taking 3 or 4 punches just to land one and his chin was like granite. Marciano fought a lot like Frazer but hit much harder. And in 15 rounds Frazer hit Ali many times if that was Marciano Ali would have been worn out then knocked out. Ali never knocked out Frazer so I doubt he could hurt Marciano and avoid him for 15 grueling rounds. Lewis had trouble with a small fighter like Holyfied couldn't knock him out and got hit. If Marciano hit Lewis like Holyfield did. R.I.P. Lewis. Lewis could not carry Marciano's pace for 15 rounds. Too big too slow. Ali was probably the smartest boxer and skilled, very little punching power. Would have loved to see him stand there and take Marciano's punches on the ropes like he did against Forman. Marciano would not have tired and the damage to Ali's brain would have been frightening. Lewis  is second in my opinion, he fought any one who would fight him. Tyson avoided him and Holyfield for 10 years Had good skills and size and good stamina for todays boxers. And would overpower Ali and not slow down like Foreman did. Ali's lack of power would allow Lewis to walk right in. Never saw Lewis get outboxed in a fight even though he lost 2 fights because of lucky punches and he avenged both fights. Tyson fought bums and avoided the best fighters, Buster Douglas crushed him like an egg in Tysons prime and then got slaughtered by Holyfied who then out powered Tyson even though he was a small fighter. Holyfield who is way past his prime gave the 7ft Valuev all he could handle. and many say he won the fight. Put Marciano in the ring with his punching power and stamina and gruelling fighting pace and Valuev would fall over on his own. Marciano was owned by no man and retired undefeated. Truly the greatest FIGHTER OF ALL TIME.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
Re: who do you think is the best Boxer of all time.. HW
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 05:30:04 AM »
dont you remember when marciano fought some black guy (forgot the guys name) but when marciano would get knocked down he had a super slow 10 count