Author Topic: Yep, Close Gitmo, Great Idea  (Read 2723 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Yep, Close Gitmo, Great Idea
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »
i dont think we have to wish anything.  If Pelosi has the run of the roost and Obama goes along with it, like a TRILLION dollars in new welfare spending, failure will be a reality far quicker than it took GWB to become one.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
again ive said this time and time again "right and wrong" "good and bad" are nothing more than perspective. My thinking is that if taking away one persons freedom allows others freedoms from being infringed upon then thats a sacrifice that needs to be made. I understand the it doesnt flow with ideologies but ideologies arent always realistic which is why they are ideologies. I like and respect the fact that ppl try and hold themselves to a certain standard and so do I but you cant loose touch with reality which happens when you try and follow a certain ideology in all cases.

I didn't say right and wrong... I said the foundation of this country.

Life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness.

The Liberty part there means freedom, and since that's what this country was FOUNDED on, then I think taking away someones freedoms should be the LAST thing you should do.

Paramount to that is the fact that taking the freedoms of one innocent person, is, in my opinion, the complete opposite of what our system of justice was designed to do... It's there to protect the innocent... Not persecute them.

If a guilty person happens to go free, then so be it, but I guarantee that eventually the guilty will be caught... Once the innocent man is locked away... a much greater disservice to this countries core fundamentals has occurred.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
I agree mostly, however, the constitution is not a suicide pact.  In the future, we should just hand over the terrorists to countries we know will do what they have to do to get the info we need.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »
I agree mostly, however, the constitution is not a suicide pact.  In the future, we should just hand over the terrorists to countries we know will do what they have to do to get the info we need.

Don't get me wrong... I want to protect my country, but I don't want this to be Animal Farm.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
I didn't say right and wrong... I said the foundation of this country.

Life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness.

The Liberty part there means freedom, and since that's what this country was FOUNDED on, then I think taking away someones freedoms should be the LAST thing you should do.

Paramount to that is the fact that taking the freedoms of one innocent person, is, in my opinion, the complete opposite of what our system of justice was designed to do... It's there to protect the innocent... Not persecute them.

If a guilty person happens to go free, then so be it, but I guarantee that eventually the guilty will be caught... Once the innocent man is locked away... a much greater disservice to this countries core fundamentals has occurred.
I guess I don't see taking away any one persons freedom as the right path.

To me, taking away someone's freedom is the last thing you should do.
so we should let all the prisoners go b/c one or two maybe innocent? LOL again just not realistic, Im sure there are more then one or two ppl in the US prison system that are innocent of the crimes they have been convicted of but that doesnt justify the realise of all the prisoners. Again ideology doesnt work with realistic situations in all cases.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
Maybe all this is, is a way to get rid of the negative publicity this prison gets and a way to funnel the prisoners to different places & countries?

They aren't going to just let the 250  go are they?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »
Maybe all this is, is a way to get rid of the negative publicity this prison gets and a way to funnel the prisoners to different places & countries?

They aren't going to just let the 250  go are they?
I seriously hope not I wouldnt put it past barry though if enough pressure was put on him...but as of right now i would have to agree with you on its just a political move to gain publicity and appease idiots who think these ppl wont get shipped to another site and business will continue as normal.