Author Topic: Food stamps, not tax cuts, stimulate the economy - Rep. Pelosi.  (Read 1848 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Food stamps, not tax cuts, stimulate the economy - Rep. Pelosi.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »
Dude, I am self employed, and things are tough, but I would NEVER take welfare.  I will grab my rifle and go hunt for food before taking food stamps.

Its just an overall mentality.

I have been through lean times, and it sucks, but perseverance, toughness, and grit are what works in the long run, not welfare and a collective "oh woe is me" by a bunch of wimps.

Of course things suck, but toughen up, man up, and get it done.   

I here you.  It really is about a mindset.  The government isn't the answer to all of our problems. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
John Stossel did a piece on welfare in CA a while ago (like around 2000), and exposed how being on public handouts was equal to having a $12.something and hour job... Doesn't sound like a lot, but remember this was awhile ago, and in a lot of places the average job pays around $10/hr.

If I'm 'Caleb the Tapout douchebag and his beeyatch Juanita' Why would I go get a job and be respectible when I can sit on the porch all day and make more kids then hit the clubs all night?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »
John Stossel did a piece on welfare in CA a while ago (like around 2000), and exposed how being on public handouts was equal to having a $12.something and hour job... Doesn't sound like a lot, but remember this was awhile ago, and in a lot of places the average job pays around $10/hr.

If I'm 'Caleb the Tapout douchebag and his beeyatch Juanita' Why would I go get a job and be respectible when I can sit on the porch all day and make more kids then hit the clubs all night?

What a disgrace.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »
I feel bad for Obama that he has to work with such an idiot like Pelosi.  Why can't the government accept that there is no money to hand out?  If they really want to stimulate the economy, reduce government spending to a bare minimum, then eliminate federal income tax for 2009. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
I feel bad for Obama that he has to work with such an idiot like Pelosi.  Why can't the government accept that there is no money to hand out?  If they really want to stimulate the economy, reduce government spending to a bare minimum, then eliminate federal income tax for 2009. 

They wont do that because people will realize that we dont need 85% of government as it is and trying to bring back the onerous taxes will be very difficult.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »
They wont do that because people will realize that we dont need 85% of government as it is and trying to bring back the onerous taxes will be very difficult.

Wow, I have been telling people this for years.  People don't realize how little government we actually require.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:21 PM »
They just released a line by line criticism of the economic stimulus bill...I just heard all the little extras the Pelosi and the democrats put in our emergency bill.  Its too much to list and f-cking appauling.

Please write your representatives and senators to vote no to the bill in its current form whether you are democrat or republican.  There is the usual bullshit pork in there, except its all democrat pet projects or supporters.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »
They just released a line by line criticism of the economic stimulus bill...I just heard all the little extras the Pelosi and the democrats put in our emergency bill.  Its too much to list and f-cking appauling.

Please write your representatives and senators to vote no to the bill in its current form whether you are democrat or republican.  There is the usual bullshit pork in there, except its all democrat pet projects or supporters.

Link?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »

i already called Pelosi and my personal congressperson directly.  Do the same.  This is a disaster.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
To be honest it was on Hannity's radioshow.  He read off about 10 bullshit pork items and was appauled.  It doesn't matter if you dislike Hannity or not, this is what is in the bill!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
To be honest it was on Hannity's radioshow.  He read off about 10 bullshit pork items and was appauled.  It doesn't matter if you dislike Hannity or not, this is what is in the bill!

Go to Drudge Report.  The whole bill is there.

This is disgrace. 

CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
bump for straw