Author Topic: 'No God' Ads, Soon To Appear On Public Transit Buses and in Subways  (Read 15426 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 'No God' Ads, Soon To Appear On Public Transit Buses and in Subways
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2009, 07:00:59 AM »
In all fairness I would believe in God without the bible, the bible does narrow my beliefs and ideas but like I said I would believe in God without it.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »
no it is not, the old testament is filled wiht genocide and evil.. are you serious?

or are you picking and choosing?

I completely understand your point. And in the Hebrew/Aramaic portion of the Bible, I do admit if one only keys in on those assertions without further investigation, it does appear hard to stomach.

However, those examples that you are eluding too are not genocide or evil. Those instances were instigated by those who were destroyed. For ex. Hitler had no reason to do what he did. He merely felt like those people were not worthy/good enough to exist. That's not the case with those examples mentioned in the Hebrew/Aramaic portion of the Bible.

I have to say tho, you do have valid concerns. Out of curiosity, have you made an in depth study of the Bible? As intellectual as you are, wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to do first, before you make your final decision on this? At least do that first and then if you still have the same view you will have did your best as an imperfect human to base your opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to imply you are uneducated at all. I think you might have second hand info that your going with. It seems like you would agree, as smart as you are, to at least do this recommendation first. What's your thoughts on this?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
In all fairness I would believe in God without the bible, the bible does narrow my beliefs and ideas but like I said I would believe in God without it.

If you were God, would you do that to your creations? That is, not give them advice or counsel on what the best way is to live? The Bible was written for our instruction by God. Does this make sense?

I'm like you tho about believing God exist without it, to many other convincing proofs. However, I can't see a loving, fair, just ,etc Person just throwing His creations on a planet without giving them a guide to live by. That's just me tho. What's your thoughts on this friend?

GC/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »

I completely understand your point. And in the Hebrew/Aramaic portion of the Bible, I do admit if one only keys in on those assertions without further investigation, it does appear hard to stomach.

However, those examples that you are eluding too are not genocide or evil. Those instances were instigated by those who were destroyed. For ex. Hitler had no reason to do what he did. He merely felt like those people were not worthy/good enough to exist. That's not the case with those examples mentioned in the Hebrew/Aramaic portion of the Bible.

I have to say tho, you do have valid concerns. Out of curiosity, have you made an in depth study of the Bible? As intellectual as you are, wouldn't that be a reasonable thing to do first, before you make your final decision on this? At least do that first and then if you still have the same view you will have did your best as an imperfect human to base your opinion. Just a suggestion, not trying to imply you are uneducated at all. I think you might have second hand info that your going with. It seems like you would agree, as smart as you are, to at least do this recommendation first. What's your thoughts on this?

GC/DEA_AGENT

no i have not. i have read some of it, however, i find it pointless and a waste of time.

However, i agree with you.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:15 AM »
no it is not, the old testament is filled wiht genocide and evil.. are you serious?

or are you picking and choosing?

The definition of Genocide doesn't apply the OT.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »
The definition of Genocide doesn't apply the OT.

k

the book is immoral, god should be everlasting and never changing, hence, one wrong action disproves his moral perfection and perfection as a whole.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »

If you were God, would you do that to your creations? That is, not give them advice or counsel on what the best way is to live? The Bible was written for our instruction by God. Does this make sense?

I'm like you tho about believing God exist without it, to many other convincing proofs. However, I can't see a loving, fair, just ,etc Person just throwing His creations on a planet without giving them a guide to live by. That's just me tho. What's your thoughts on this friend?

GC/DEA_AGENT
Who knows, I honestly dont know, why would God let ppl suffer or harm come to anybody? The answer isnt a straight foreward one there are alot of things that you could say a fair, loving and just God wouldnt do that does happen so I have no idea. All I know is I believe there to be a God who gave us Jesus and we should try and live a good life.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »
why would God let ppl suffer or harm come to anybody?

Why did he let his beloved son suffer? People are allowed to exercise free will. From what I can tell, God doesn't interfere with that as of now. However, He does guarantee in the near future that He will correct all of these injustices. At that point, people or the animals/insects/etc. will not be allowed to do harm to His creations.

The answer isn't a straight forward one there are allot of things that you could say a fair, loving and just God wouldn't do that does happen so I have no idea.

He didn't/doesn't do those things. Have a look at Romans 9:14, 17, 20 , 22-24 ; Job 1:9-12 , 2:4-6 ; Revalation 12:7 , 8, 12 ; 2 Timothy 3:1-5 ; Matthew 24:3 , 4, 7 , 8 , 12 ; Proverbs 15:3 , 27 , 11:5 , 6 , 19 ; 1 Peter 3:10-12 ; 2 Peter 3:9 , 15

All I know is I believe there to be a God who gave us Jesus and we should try and live a good life.

Commendable attitude indeed! In order for us to do this effectively, we need to follow Jesus' example. One of his admonitions to us was to take in knowledge of him and his father. The only book that claims to be of this source is the Bible. Jesus quoted from the Hebrew/Aramaic scriptures numerous times, indicating that his Father did provide a written source for us to go by. Anyway, it's good that you are sound in your belief in God. Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
k

the book is immoral, god should be everlasting and never changing, hence, one wrong action disproves his moral perfection and perfection as a whole.

Precisely. 

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
O/T/I/T
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
Sorry to get off base, however, I have a bizarre question and I figured with all the Sharpe minds posting in this thread, I would give it a shot.

Is it possible to love to read, yet can't handle it? Peace!

GC/DEA_AGENT