Author Topic: Torture American Style  (Read 9518 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Torture American Style
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:51:05 AM »
So we feed them 4-5000 calorie diets, special desserts, they get up to 18 hours a day outside in a communal setting, where they can play volleyball or soccer, they have art class, and they watch TV, with a favorite being "the deep sea fishing show off the coast of Alaska called 'The Deadliest Catch.'"

Torture American style.   ::) 

Inside Guantanamo Bay, a Study in Contrasts
Saturday, January 31, 2009 
By Catherine Herridge

Assaults, cartoons and art class — all are part of the daily life at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

On a tour of the U.S. detention facility's camps four, five and six, which include the maximum security camps, FOX News was shown a place where often the facts are stranger than fiction.

"Once again on behalf of the joint task force, welcome to Camp 5. This is a maximum security facility," said Navy Commander Jeff Hayhurst, the deputy commander of the joint detention group and FOX News' guide for the day.

"It opened in 2004, cost $17.5 million. It’s modeled on a max security facility in Terre Haute, Indiana. Most of it was pre-fabricated off island and constructed once it arrived. … Again max security."

This camp is for the most non-compliant detainees — those who refuse to follow the rules.

"There's assaults by bodily fluids, feces, urine, semen, water, physical assaults, head butts, stomps, kicks — anything of that nature, that occurs routinely," Hayhurst said.

A common form of assault comes at meal time. Hayhurst showed us how detainees try to grab the guards' arms through the cell food slot in an effort to break them. These assaults, according to military officials, occur eight times a week on average.

Camp 4, also known as Camp Delta, is a different story. Inside were bunks for the most highly compliant detainees. And for their good behavior, the detainees receive special privileges, including up to 18 hours a day outside in a communal setting, where they can play volleyball or soccer. There is even art class, which is extremely popular. For safety reasons, at least one leg is chained to the floor.

There is TV, too. The favorite show of the alleged Al Qaeda and Taliban detainees is the deep sea fishing show off the coast of Alaska called "The Deadliest Catch." No one can explain why. That said, it doesn’t take a lot to get this population agitated and upset. Even though what the detainees see is heavily censored, Hayhurst says there can still be problems.

"There’s cultural differences, and there’s many things that can agitate the population. We’ve had some that even a TV ad of a fully clothed female who was washing her arms, I believe it was the Palmolive commercial, just agitated them." Hayhurst paused. "We had one population that destroyed a TV over that type of advertisement."

The cells are not as small as you would expect, and each one has a black arrow painted on the floor or bunk which points to Mecca so each detainee can pray. They are also issued prison garb — white means the detainee is highly complaint, while orange means the detainee is not complaint and on disciplinary measures.

The average age of the guards is 21, and most do 12-hour shifts. In many cases, in the maximum security camps, they must lay eyes on a detainee every three minutes as part of a suicide watch. It means walking eight to 10 miles in the dark corridors of the camp each day. A lot can go down quickly in the camps.

"I know there are a lot of things that transpire in the camp," Hayhurst said. "They're very quick and very smart."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486246,00.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Torture American Style
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:52:42 AM »
What would make me laugh my ass off is if we just sent these clowns to Paris Island and put their butts through boot camp for a few years.

Hey, we dont torture our own soldiers right???????????

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »
i love we hear nothin but crickets from the libs on this board when something like this is posted.  they dont wanna hear anything even remotely positive about the US when it comes to its conduct towards their prisoners.  the sad part is that they are probably angered by this article. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
i love we hear nothin but crickets from the libs on this board when something like this is posted.  they dont wanna hear anything even remotely positive about the US when it comes to its conduct towards their prisoners.  the sad part is that they are probably angered by this article. 

Definitely a crickets thread.  Not a peep from those contending that we've been doing nothing but torturing Guantanamo detainees. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
They also said it will be worse for them in American prisons...awsome.  ::)
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
They also said it will be worse for them in American prisons...awsome.  ::)
exactly sooner or later we will have 240 et al on here complaining about how we torture our prison population here in america.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
exactly sooner or later we will have 240 et al on here complaining about how we torture our prison population here in america.

Pfft... Ridiculous... Everyone knows that prisoners in the US are fucking taken care of... At the cost of Tax Payer dollars... It fucking SUCKS.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
Pfft... Ridiculous... Everyone knows that prisoners in the US are fucking taken care of... At the cost of Tax Payer dollars... It fucking SUCKS.
LOL not but a week ago or so some big entity that was all about closing gitmo b/c of its practices said it was against bringing the prisoners here and said that it would equate to another form of torture... ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »
LOL not but a week ago or so some big entity that was all about closing gitmo b/c of its practices said it was against bringing the prisoners here and said that it would equate to another form of torture... ::)

Who said that?

I'm all for closing Gitmo and I don't believe in torture... but there's a difference between torture and making a prisoner who has committed a crime having to be held accountable for their actions.

They have to give back to the society that they wrong... such as chain gangs or what have you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »
Who said that?

I'm all for closing Gitmo and I don't believe in torture... but there's a difference between torture and making a prisoner who has committed a crime having to be held accountable for their actions.

They have to give back to the society that they wrong... such as chain gangs or what have you.
again everybody who believes water boarding, sleep deprivation etc...is torture should really do themselves a favor and read the geneva convention as it pertains to torture. Just about everything you could think of can be deemed torture including keeping somebody in prison, solitary confinement, etc... ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
again everybody who believes water boarding, sleep deprivation etc...is torture should really do themselves a favor and read the geneva convention as it pertains to torture. Just about everything you could think of can be deemed torture including keeping somebody in prison, solitary confinement, etc... ::)

Ok... That's really not the point.

I thought the point was about people in America prisons being "tortured"... I don't agree with that statement what so ever.

So, who cares what some bleeding hearts think about people who have been "convicted" of a crime.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »
Ok... That's really not the point.

I thought the point was about people in America prisons being "tortured"... I don't agree with that statement what so ever.

So, who cares what some bleeding hearts think about people who have been "convicted" of a crime.
who cares about what some bleeding hearts think about ppl who have tried to kill or have information that could save the lives of US SOLDIERS?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »
We should take a page out of the Koran, which advocates the use of extreme torture on men, women and children followed by beheading.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 06:31:55 PM »
who cares about what some bleeding hearts think about ppl who have tried to kill or have information that could save the lives of US SOLDIERS?

Again, many studies have shown that torture doesn't save lives and doesn't produce accurate information.

So who was saved?

Either we listen to the laws we agreed on, or we do not... It's pretty black and white.

We agreed to abide by the Geneva convention when it comes to prisoners of War... If we didn't want to, then we shouldn't and if someone takes our soldiers prisoner and then tortures them... You shouldn't get upset because you didn't agree to it in the first place.

Right?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
Again, many studies have shown that torture doesn't save lives and doesn't produce accurate information.

So who was saved?

Either we listen to the laws we agreed on, or we do not... It's pretty black and white.

We agreed to abide by the Geneva convention when it comes to prisoners of War... If we didn't want to, then we shouldn't and if someone takes our soldiers prisoner and then tortures them... You shouldn't get upset because you didn't agree to it in the first place.

Right?

The number of American soldiers who lived after being captured by AQI or other insurgents/terrorists in Iraq/Afghanistan can be counted on your fingers. Nevermind the fact that their recovered bodies usually show signs of tremendous and prolonged torture.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »
The number of American soldiers who lived after being captured by AQI or other insurgents/terrorists in Iraq/Afghanistan can be counted on your fingers.

Quite possibly true... but does that make it ok for us to ignore the laws that we agreed to?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »

So who was saved?

Right?
LOL bro the geneva convention should be observed by both parties not just one, Im sure our soldiers that are captured would voluntarily get waterboarded if it meant they werent going to chop off their heads or worse and again read the geneva convention its not BLACK AND WHITE.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
LOL bro the geneva convention should be observed by both parties not just one, Im sure our soldiers that are captured would voluntarily get waterboarded if it meant they werent going to chop off their heads or worse and again read the geneva convention its not BLACK AND WHITE.

We disagree on the black and white aspect... We always will... I don't really see why you continue to bring it up... You're certainly not going to change my mind about it.

The Geneva convention SHOULD be observed by both parties, but it isn't... So I personally DO believe that we should be BETTER than the ass hats who live in the desert... Or we are no better than they are.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »
We disagree on the black and white aspect... We always will... I don't really see why you continue to bring it up... You're certainly not going to change my mind about it.

The Geneva convention SHOULD be observed by both parties, but it isn't... So I personally DO believe that we should be BETTER than the ass hats who live in the desert... Or we are no better than they are.
You fail to understand that even if we did "torture" these guys we would still be better then them, dont you agree? We dont run around attacking innocent civilians, we dont kill captured fighters, we dont implement tatics that intentionally put innocents in harms way...you over look ALL OF THIS and b/c we waterboard these fukers we are no better than they are...LOL sorry bro thats a uphill battle and ignorant as all shit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »
You fail to understand that even if we did "torture" these guys we would still be better then them, dont you agree? We dont run around attacking innocent civilians, we dont kill captured fighters, we dont implement tatics that intentionally put innocents in harms way...you over look ALL OF THIS and b/c we waterboard these fukers we are no better than they are...LOL sorry bro thats a uphill battle and ignorant as all shit.

Sure, we're better... But to act like we have some amazing moral high ground... Well, if we torture people... Then we don't have that anymore.

I'm saying that you start water boarding, then you start doing other things... It's a downward spiral that you shouldn't start in the first place.

If you're ok with it... good for you... I'm not.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
Yes you Americans are real heroes for imprisoning people in this "5 star" accommodation without trial for years on end with no end in sight - it brings a tear to my eye.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
Sure, we're better... But to act like we have some amazing moral high ground... Well, if we torture people... Then we don't have that anymore.

I'm saying that you start water boarding, then you start doing other things... It's a downward spiral that you shouldn't start in the first place.

If you're ok with it... good for you... I'm not.

AGAIN you seem to think that by us waterboarding these pricks we are equivilant to them morally...that idea is laughable. Its a slippery slope ok i get it the problem is that concept can be applied to anything and shouldnt stop you from doing certain actions.

you probably wouldnt have dropped the bomb on japan would you have? Look Im ok with doing what needs to be done to protect american soldiers and its citizens if that means cutting the heads off some terrorist pricks then so be it Ill take the low road so you can sit on the high road and we will all be alive in the end.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 07:57:06 PM »
Yes you Americans are real heroes for imprisoning people in this "5 star" accommodation without trial for years on end with no end in sight - it brings a tear to my eye.

;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Exactly

S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:31 PM »
AGAIN you seem to think that by us waterboarding these pricks we are equivilant to them morally...that idea is laughable. Its a slippery slope ok i get it the problem is that concept can be applied to anything and shouldnt stop you from doing certain actions.

you probably wouldnt have dropped the bomb on japan would you have? Look Im ok with doing what needs to be done to protect american soldiers and its citizens if that means cutting the heads off some terrorist pricks then so be it Ill take the low road so you can sit on the high road and we will all be alive in the end.

Probably not... History has shown that it was completely unnecessary.

If you believe that you taking the low road is what keeps us alive... I feel you are gravely mistaken.