Author Topic: EATING ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD  (Read 19006 times)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: EATING ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
kitchen sink  :'(
X

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »
meal 3: beef stew, diet coke, fiber bread with smart balance.   :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
I had chic fila today  :-[ one grilled chicken sandwhich and one regular one, no fries no cokes but still from what i can figure about 1050 calories hmmmmm you know when you write it out it looks pretty bad LOL hmmmm not happy about that

bag of beef jerky

8 whites and white rice with soy sauce again

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
people who separate the yokes from the whites can eat my shorts !

>:(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »

LOL its not that bad actually pretty easy when you get a system

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »

For egg white omelets I use egg whites in a carton....easy!

But usually for breakfast my whites are from hard boiled eggs.  I usually boil 18 at a time and then eat them until they are gone and boil 18 more and so on..  The dogs each get about 1 - 2 yolks when I am cracking open the eggs.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
Day 3

Meal 1
5 egg whites ~ 1/2 yolk
Mesterwhatever Sunflower seed toast w/spray butter & ~ 1/4 t. cherry preserves
coffee

Meal 2
leftover chicken, asparagus, mushroom teriyake "stir-fry"

Meal 3
leftover roasted brussels sprouts
glass merlot :-\

Meal 4
salad of romaine lettuce, chick breast, light ceasar dressing, a few whole grain croutons and a small sprinkle of shaved parmesan
glass merlot :-\
R

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 06:36:10 AM »
Day 3

Meal 1
5 egg whites ~ 1/2 yolk
Mesterwhatever Sunflower seed toast w/spray butter & ~ 1/4 t. cherry preserves
coffee

Two questions,
Can I come over for breakfast?
Can you make me French Toast?
 ;D
S

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:31 AM »
Two questions,
Can I come over for breakfast?
Can you make me French Toast?
 ;D

;D

This bread is very thin...wouldn't be good for French Toast!

Here is a pic (this is of a pkg of rye) but you can't tell how thin it is...maybe tomorrow I will try to remember to take a pic of my breakfast

I like the Rye, the Sunflower Seed, the Fitness Bread...etc..they all taste similar...very good

R

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 07:00:19 AM »
I can tell right off the bat that I am not eating properly. After looking at the meals all of you are preparing; I am afraid to post what I consume.

This is definitely motivation to clean-up my eating habits. Just to show how badly I need help; this is what I have consumed this morning thus far:

- Breakfast Sandwich - whole egg, whole wheat toast, tomatoes, onion, 1 slice of sharp cheddar cheese, 3 slices of hickory smoked turkey breast, 3 slices of off-the-bone ham and iceberg lettuce.

- Small Buttered Toffee Cappuccino

- Green Tea Vitamin Water & a 16 oz. bottle of SmartWater

???

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 07:05:38 AM »
I can tell right off the bat that I am not eating properly. After looking at the meals all of you are preparing; I am afraid to post what I consume.

This is definitely motivation to clean-up my eating habits. Just to show how badly I need help; this is what I have consumed this morning thus far:

- Breakfast Sandwich - whole egg, whole wheat toast, tomatoes, onion, 1 slice of sharp cheddar cheese, 3 slices of hickory smoked turkey breast, 3 slices of off-the-bone ham and iceberg lettuce.

???

absolutely nothing wrong with that meal at all, what makes you think it's so bad? maybe you could get rid of the ham if you're trying to cut fat.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »

???

Oh my gosh that sandwich and cappuccino sound good!

But yeah, definitely not clean eating!

This is why I feel it's very important for you to try to eat clean first before taking any further steps into what you were thinking about.

Even if you did that stuff you were thinking about, I don't think it would get your body to to your goal w/o eating clean!

And I know you must realize that some of these people are NOT eating clean (Mike Arvilla!!), but it is fun and funny for them to post up their food ;D

It would be nice if someone was dieting for a show and posting, but if they are paying for their diet they probably couldn't post it up.

Mimi, I also want to tell you that even clean food tastes delicious!  Sometimes it's hard to realize how good it can be, but when is the last time you ate an apple?  Man, those are good!  Somehow to me they are better when I cut it into slices but there are foods we ignore thinking others taste better....sometimes that's true and sometimes it's not.

If you were dieting for a show you would be THRILLED to have as many steamed asparagus spears as you wanted.  I've been tending to roast vegetables recently tossed in a little olive or canola oil and Kosher Salt and Cracked Pepper.  The flavor of roasted vegetables are one of my favorites as far as vegetables go.

Please don't be afraid to post what you consume.  We can give you tips and suggestions to clean your meals up.  Once you do that and you start seeing differences in your body, you are no longer going to be "impatient and frustrated" as I think you said!

In place of your sandwich maybe have 3 egg whites on Ezekiel bread (or Mestermacher broken in half to make a sandwich) if you can find it...and keep the tomatoes and onion and maybe a slice or 3 of turkey (depending on how thin it is)!  That sounds good, doesn't it?

And replace that buttered toffee cappuccino w/black coffee or use stevia or something in it...sorry about that :)

R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:31 AM »
meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg scrambled, with mushrooms, italian herbs. One portion of oatmeal sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice and splenda.

Mimi6, you could probably skip the vitamin water and green tea vitamin water.  Stick with regual water and regular green tea.  It's cheaper and IMO those vitamin waters are overrated.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »

Mimi6, you could probably skip the vitamin water and green tea vitamin water.  Stick with regual water and regular green tea.  It's cheaper and IMO those vitamin waters are overrated.

ARe they sweetened?  I don't know anything about them.

And Mimi, if you use reg. green tea like Migs said, and you like it sweetened, use something like stevia etc.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »
many of them are sweetened.  Per regualr serving they generally have less sugar than regular soda, however most vitamin water bottles are larger so you end up drinking the same if not more sugar.  There are diet ones onthe market.  The other thing is that if you are just slamming one after a workout or aren't eating when you drink, the fat soluble vitamins aren't absorbed.  Stick with a multi-vitamin and a good diet for vitamins and save some cash. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »
  Stick with a multi-vitamin and a good diet for vitamins and save some cash. 

!  And less calories if she is drinking ones sweetened w/sugar
R

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:15 AM »
ARe they sweetened?  I don't know anything about them.

And Mimi, if you use reg. green tea like Migs said, and you like it sweetened, use something like stevia etc.

Thanks,

I love fruits & veggies!!! I just have a hard time knowing what to eat and what not to eat. Sometimes I get so busy that I forget to eat altogether. I will take all of your suggestions into consideration and begin making those changes.

The VitaminWaters have about 13g of sugar in them. I have tried stevia and I don't like it; maybe because I have become so accustomed to eating honey and regular sugar. I do try to limit my sugar & sodium consumption.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »
one thing that helps me is to prep all or most of my meals during one day of the week and portion it all out into tupperware.  Then just take it out and zap it.  Or prep (cut,dice, etc) all your veggies.  then when you come home you don't have to worry about it and throw it togeter in a stirfry or whatever meal you make.

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
one thing that helps me is to prep all or most of my meals during one day of the week and portion it all out into tupperware.  Then just take it out and zap it.  Or prep (cut,dice, etc) all your veggies.  then when you come home you don't have to worry about it and throw it togeter in a stirfry or whatever meal you make.

I have thought about that, it is just hard sometimes to make meals for me and then meals for the rest of my family. My book came in the mail; The Clean-Eating Diet Cookbook. I will start looking through it to get some ideas for cleaner meals. From what I can tell thus far; she has a lot of ingredients that I don't keep in the house. I guess I have to go shopping ???

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »
I have thought about that, it is just hard sometimes to make meals for me and then meals for the rest of my family. My book came in the mail; The Clean-Eating Diet Cookbook. I will start looking through it to get some ideas for cleaner meals. From what I can tell thus far; she has a lot of ingredients that I don't keep in the house. I guess I have to go shopping ???

I would try some of those recipes for sure.

If too many of them are "weird" to you, you may want to look at something like a "Cooking Light" cookbook.  They also have a monthly mag I think.  Lots regular foods etc. in there.

I've gotten some pretty good recipes and recipe ideas from that CookBook.

I would also pick up the latest Clean Eating Magazine at your grocery.  It's got some good looking (and not too weird) recipes in there this month!
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:26 AM »
Mimi, check out the Nutrition board there is a thread on a lawsuit against Vitamin Water, just fyi.

Also that is a good place to ask questions on nutrition. 
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
meal 2: too late though in the day.  170 grams cottage cheese, pear, water
meal 3: will be a met-rx bar since i am running around today

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
Mimi I am posting this here in hopes that you'll see it

I am trying to send you a PM in response to your last one but it won't go through.  I wonder if you inadvertantly "blocked" people from sending you PMs? 

Please PM me if you get me unblocked!
R

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

i agree with this, the negligible amount of fat you get in the yolk is well worth the protein and other nutrients in it, yolks are good for you.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »
i agree with this, the negligible amount of fat you get in the yolk is well worth the protein and other nutrients in it, yolks are good for you.

Plus, they go better with bacon.
~