Author Topic: ABC News: Obama to order Military to drop charges against USS Cole bomber.  (Read 2787 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
How can something, not in the Constitution, be un-Constitutional. This guy is not covered by the Constitution or our laws. He falls in a grey area readily covered by military triibunals that didn't just spring to life under Bush...study ur history. Had this been FDR..they would have had a fair trail and hung.
I think it's more to do with moving away from this slippery slope we were sliding into in several areas.  with Americans being declared terrorists and enemy combatants and removed from constitutional protection.  The terrorist charge gets leveled so easy.  I just watched a show where some lady got drunk on a plane and flipped out.  She was charged with being a terrorist.  The charges were dropped but going down the whole path we were, maybe the day comes where it's common for people to be removed from their given protections under the constitution.  This guy isn't going to get off. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
whens his trial date?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
I think it's more to do with moving away from this slippery slope we were sliding into in several areas.  with Americans being declared terrorists and enemy combatants and removed from constitutional protection.  The terrorist charge gets leveled so easy.  I just watched a show where some lady got drunk on a plane and flipped out.  She was charged with being a terrorist.  The charges were dropped but going down the whole path we were, maybe the day comes where it's common for people to be removed from their given protections under the constitution.  This guy isn't going to get off. 

Best post of the whole thread!
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I know that....and I understand what Barry is trying to do...however this guy does'nt fall under our domestic laws. He's an enemy combatant...which is a Bushism....they used to be called spies/saboteurs. This guy launched his attack outside the states etc so that doesn't really fit. I don't a ready made solution, other then to say this guy should not be subject to our laws and protections. I will go out ona limb and say that the case u sight will happen again and has happened before and cooler heads have and will prevail.
L