Author Topic: Corzine calls for Federal "Assault Weapons" Ban  (Read 5199 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Corzine calls for Federal "Assault Weapons" Ban
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
so if we ban assault weapons then it will be just as easy to get one post ban as it is now?

No.  The new ban being proposed is a lot more than the cosmetic nonsense that the 1993 bill was about.  This bans all semi autos.

Its insane and would ban gunds like the Ruger 10/22 which is a .22 cal rifle.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
Liberal governors, liberal politicians have been singing this song for a long time.

nothing new.

It's just now, someone in their party happens to be president  ;D >:(

stupid move.  It will come back to bite the ones who thought they had a green light during this period.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »
so if we ban assault weapons then it will be just as easy to get one post ban as it is now?

I think so... yes.

You don't go buying assault rifles at the local gun store really.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 09:30:09 PM »
I think so... yes.

Guys, seriously, the first ban was a joke because it only affected cosmetic things like bayonet mounts and collapsable stocks and high cap mags.

The new ban is to affect all semi auto's and not have the weaknesses the old ban did.

I bought a post ban ar15 in September and they are literally almosat impossible to get right now.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Guys, seriously, the first ban was a joke because it only affected cosmetic things like bayonet mounts and collapsable stocks and high cap mags.

The new ban is to affect all semi auto's and not have the weaknesses the old ban did.

I bought a post ban ar15 in September and they are literally almosat impossible to get right now.

WTF?   :o
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »

so many people will never understand how these things graduate incrementally.  So when you hear someone opposing something based on the direction of the legislation this is a lesson that you should heed the worry and not ignore it and truly consider what the next and next steps might be once X law or legislation is passed.  I can't count the number of times I've been told this or that isn't a big deal and years later see the next installment only to have people who said it wouldn't come to that long gone or with no memory or care of what started it.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »
I have an SKS with a bayonet and 4 50rnd, and 2 30rnd clips this would affect me being able to buy others like this, but really if someone breaks in my house I am grabbing my mossberg.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »

no the law abiding person wont be able to get one, but a criminal who operates outside the law more then likely didnt buy theres legally anyway so while it probably wouldnt be just as easy it certainly wouldnt deter anybody if they wanted it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2009, 06:53:57 AM »
I think so... yes.

so a ban would be useless?

why even bother trying

why not just make everything legal

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2009, 08:19:21 AM »

All semi autos? Seriously retarded.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »

I hope this is not the case. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
I hope this is not the case. 

Read up on it.  The original AWB was not that bad because it was so full of loop holes and only affected cosmetic things like collpasable stocks, bayonets, flash supressors, etc..  It has nothing to do with the actual mechanic's of the rifle itself. 

For example - your typical AR15 "BLACK RIFLE" pre ban had a collapsible stock, post ban it was fixex stock.  No big deal.  I have a "post ban" AR15 and the fixed stock is perfectly fine. 

They are also talking about making people buy registered ammo. 

I think after this stimulus bill mess, Obama will have to tell Pelosi to STFU and not even try this stuff. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »
So I'd have to give up my harmless M1 Carbine?  ??? ;D
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »
my brother and I debate this.  what is better for home defense?  he'd take a mossberg any day.  I'd prefer an AR15 rifle.  Two guys running in at once, if you don't hit them both with the shotgun blast, the other guy is going to cap you while re-cocking, even if it only takes a fraction fo a second.  I much prefer the line of suppressive fire they're both running thru.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »
Honestly it should be or at the very least a shotgun....I have a shotgun with the correct loads, for home defense. I'dd take the shotgun over a SAW or m-60. I never fired the M-4 on 3rd burst...u really can't control ur shots. 240 I have to assume u can hit what u fire at as ur a gun nut. If u hit the first guy, idiots 2 and 3 will run, duck or stall..giving u time to double tap their idiot asses. I don't expect u will be attacked by Delta commando's.

LOL...

I prefer the home team to be better armed than the invaders.  If we both are firing 9 mm at each other, they have the element of surprise on a groggy 240, and they also have numbers advantage.  Two men with 9mm in each hand... definitely a headache for our hero running for his 5 shot 38.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
my brother and I debate this.  what is better for home defense?  he'd take a mossberg any day.  I'd prefer an AR15 rifle.  Two guys running in at once, if you don't hit them both with the shotgun blast, the other guy is going to cap you while re-cocking, even if it only takes a fraction fo a second.  I much prefer the line of suppressive fire they're both running thru.
dude you hit the first guy in close range with a 12 gauge and second guy isnt gonna keep coming. Second thats why you should have an semi automatic shotgun  ;D i dont but have been wanting one for quite a while i do have a side by side crack barrel though so i guess i would be ok in your scenario. ;).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
LOL...

I prefer the home team to be better armed than the invaders.  If we both are firing 9 mm at each other, they have the element of surprise on a groggy 240, and they also have numbers advantage.  Two men with 9mm in each hand... definitely a headache for our hero running for his 5 shot 38.

In all honesty, probably a Hi capacity 17 shot Glock is best.  Yeah a shot gun is aewsome, but it is cumbersome to wield around.  

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

In the recent Heller vs DC case I believe they ruled that banning semi autos was unconstitutional however I wouldn't be surprised to see people push for it anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2009, 06:42:05 AM »
In the recent Heller vs DC case I believe they ruled that banning semi autos was unconstitutional however I wouldn't be surprised to see people push for it anyway.

Not really.  The Heller decision only said the right is an individual right to bear arm and applied to standard weapons, not all of them.  It left a lot of items open for future debate.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 07:44:01 AM »
What some people don't realize is that the new ban would also limit high cap magazines(10 or more) that means no more 19 round magazines for the Glock 19, or 12 + 1 rounds with my brand new XD40.  Also, no pistol grip stocks for shotguns(even the grip/stock combo) It will get worse...write your congressman/woman. 

By the way...where do you guys get these fully automatic assault rifles?  They are not easy to get; while you can buy an assault rifle they are SEMIAUTOMATIC.  You have to have a class 3 license to get a fully automatic weapon.  That is pretty tough to get even in a gun friendly state like here in South Carolina.

Regular assault rifles are plentiful down here...ARs, Mini 14, M-14, Fals, M-1 carbines, and MP-5s, racks of them at my local gunshop.  Ya'll come on down!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2009, 09:13:20 AM »
What some people don't realize is that the new ban would also limit high cap magazines(10 or more) that means no more 19 round magazines for the Glock 19, or 12 + 1 rounds with my brand new XD40.  Also, no pistol grip stocks for shotguns(even the grip/stock combo) It will get worse...write your congressman/woman. 

By the way...where do you guys get these fully automatic assault rifles?  They are not easy to get; while you can buy an assault rifle they are SEMIAUTOMATIC.  You have to have a class 3 license to get a fully automatic weapon.  That is pretty tough to get even in a gun friendly state like here in South Carolina.

Regular assault rifles are plentiful down here...ARs, Mini 14, M-14, Fals, M-1 carbines, and MP-5s, racks of them at my local gunshop.  Ya'll come on down!!!
actually the last ban also banned high cap mags and pistol grips...same down here in texas with the automatic liscense also they are from what i hear fairly expensive to get and maintain...also same with the plenti of assualt rifles and sub machine guns but they have all jumped in price since barry got in office.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2009, 09:15:17 AM »
actually the last ban also banned high cap mags and pistol grips...same down here in texas with the automatic liscense also they are from what i hear fairly expensive to get and maintain...also same with the plenti of assualt rifles and sub machine guns but they have all jumped in price since barry got in office.

If you want to laugh, I bought a Bushmaster AR in September for $960.00.  You cant even get one over here now. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2009, 09:21:14 AM »
If you want to laugh, I bought a Bushmaster AR in September for $960.00.  You cant even get one over here now. 
i got a smith and wesson ar back like 5 or 6 months ago that was like 900 with a 100 dollar rebate and now they are up to about 1100 or higher now without a rebate. Shit is crazy AK's are like 600-700 dollars right now if we where smart we would have stalked up on assault rifles and be selling them now at a premium.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
Everybody is scared of the big black gun.  LOL

Yeah, a few months ago all of those weapons I just listed you could get for under a grand.  I think the FAL is the only one under a grand now; that is if you can find a used one.  ARs here run almost $1500, that's freaking crazy to pay that.  At a local gun store here they are asking $1000+ for any model 1911s.  It's getting insane. 

Not to mention some manufacturers prices before the most anti-gun administration ever elected got into office.  A HK USP45 is $900 dollars. 

Of course my local gun shop has plenty of handgun ammo, but has anyone had any problems getting ammo from Wallyworld or any other such place?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »
The big sporting good stores can't keep the cheap target stuff stocked, atleast in the KC metro area.
L