Author Topic: Corzine calls for Federal "Assault Weapons" Ban  (Read 5197 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Corzine calls for Federal "Assault Weapons" Ban
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »
Everybody is scared of the big black gun.  LOL

Yeah, a few months ago all of those weapons I just listed you could get for under a grand.  I think the FAL is the only one under a grand now; that is if you can find a used one.  ARs here run almost $1500, that's freaking crazy to pay that.  At a local gun store here they are asking $1000+ for any model 1911s.  It's getting insane. 

Not to mention some manufacturers prices before the most anti-gun administration ever elected got into office.  A HK USP45 is $900 dollars. 

Of course my local gun shop has plenty of handgun ammo, but has anyone had any problems getting ammo from Wallyworld or any other such place?
havent had any problems getting ammo but my pops reloads the majority of his shit so not a problem there anyway...

why would the price of 1911's go up? i mean thats just gotta be panic, i can understand assault rifles and sub machine guns or even a high capacity pistol but 1911's  ???

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »
Yeah...I don't get it earlier.  Maybe it's just a regional thing here, but ALL of them are.  The Colts, Springfields, S&Ws, Kimbers, Taurus, etc.  I think it is part panic/nostalgia thing.  What I mean by that is a person that is buying a firearm for the first time sees and recognizes a 1911 and also wants the big bad gun on the block like a typical American.(The 1911s are a bigger pistol than most polymers as you know)  I don't know...I was just asking because I'm curious and I think it might be a local thing around here.  Shotguns and 1911s are flying off the shelves, but we have plenty of ARs if you guys want one.  LOL

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Yeah...I don't get it earlier.  Maybe it's just a regional thing here, but ALL of them are.  The Colts, Springfields, S&Ws, Kimbers, Taurus, etc.  I think it is part panic/nostalgia thing.  What I mean by that is a person that is buying a firearm for the first time sees and recognizes a 1911 and also wants the big bad gun on the block like a typical American.(The 1911s are a bigger pistol than most polymers as you know)  I don't know...I was just asking because I'm curious and I think it might be a local thing around here.  Shotguns and 1911s are flying off the shelves, but we have plenty of ARs if you guys want one.  LOL

Why's everyone get down on the 1911?  ???
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
Why's everyone get down on the 1911's?  ???

Seems to me, if someone wants a good arsenal of weapons without spending an absolute fiortune:

1.  Remington 870 - 12 gauge - Shot Gun

2.  Glock 17 - 9mm - Handgun

3.  Colt/Bushmaster/Rock River - AR15  .223 - Tac rifle

4.  Remington 700 - .308 - Long distance     

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »
2.  Glock 17 - 9mm - Handgun

For someone that knows what they're doing though, the M1911 is a great gun.  Don't you think?  ???
S

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
Why's everyone get down on the 1911?  ???

I have no idea.  I want one one day, but I'm not paying that amount for a damn pistol.

I agree on the Remington 870, I also like the Mossberg 590A with 18" barrel for home defense.  Creates a better pattern for HD, and is very easy to control.  

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2009, 01:54:49 PM »
For someone that knows what they're doing though, the M1911 is a great gun.  Don't you think?  ???

Definitely, I love the 1911s.  They are just a little pricey for my tastes right now.  You do need to know what you are doing.  I would NEVER suggest a 1911 to a new shooter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »

Of course, but 9mm is cheaper to shoot and practice with.  Glocks are also very good guns for the price.   They are not eh best of the best, but they do the job.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 02:16:50 PM »

i think most kimber 1911's go for around 1100 as it is my brother got one a while back just for kicks for like 800 but his was a taurus. I agree though they are the typical hand gun for most ppl so maybe their sells are up so price is up. Ive wanted one for a long time but i just cant bring myself to pay 800 or so dollars for a pistol when there are so many other guns out there i would like better for the price maybe later on down the road.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »
i think most kimber 1911's go for around 1100 as it is my brother got one a while back just for kicks for like 800 but his was a taurus. I agree though they are the typical hand gun for most ppl so maybe their sells are up so price is up. Ive wanted one for a long time but i just cant bring myself to pay 800 or so dollars for a pistol when there are so many other guns out there i would like better for the price maybe later on down the road.

The 1911 is the handgun of USSOCOM and it is for a reason.  It is a fantastic pistol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »
The 1911 is the handgun of USSOCOM and it is for a reason.  It is a fantastic pistol.
ya but like i said for 800 bucks there are a lot more guns id rather have.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »

Stopping what u shoot at is a wonderful thing.
L

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »
Stopping what u shoot at is a wonderful thing.

Yes sir it is.  It's amazing after all these years thats still what the special operators use.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
ya but like i said for 800 bucks there are a lot more guns id rather have.

$900.00

870 Remington -  $299.00

Glock 17 - $499.00

$150 - for ammo for both guns.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »
Yes sir it is.  It's amazing after all these years thats still what the special operators use.

Now if u look at their 1911's they barely look like what we're talking about, plus all the 1911 gunnuts who make specialty parts for that weapons square the SOF guys away. If we ever  change back to the 1911 it will be because the SOF community makes the push. They also have mainlined the H@K 416, which looks like an M-4 if u have all the crap on it. We're supposed to be looking of our next family of small arms.
L

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
Now if u look at their 1911's they barely look like what we're talking about, plus all the 1911 gunnuts who make specialty parts for that weapons square the SOF guys away. If we ever  change back to the 1911 it will be because the SOF community makes the push. They also have mainlined the H@K 416, which looks like an M-4 if u have all the crap on it. We're supposed to be looking of our next family of small arms.

Dude, have you shot the 416?  My buddy was recon/marsoc and let me shoot his 416 when I was on base.  Holy shit that thing can rail and shoots smooth as fuck.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »
I thought SOF were also using HK and Sig polymer pistols chambered in .45.  Less jamming in harsh conditions than a 1911.  I do like the 1911s, they are just a little too pricey for me at the moment.