Author Topic: A-Rod Admits To Using Steroids  (Read 3604 times)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: A-Rod Admits To Using Steroids
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:12 AM »
The 3 years he admitted to being on, he avg 52 hr's per season....the other 10 seasons (excluding first 2 in Seattle because they were short season) he averaged 39.2.  Just the numbers as they are. 

I think he will drop off next season due to being a basketcase.
so your saying kaballa is not working  ???

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
so your saying kaballa is not working  ???

haha, he deserves everything happening to him just for dating that skankazoid.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 05:16:36 AM »
Who really gives a flying fuck?  Moral Grandstanding on steroids is something that needs to leave right along with the Bush administration. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 05:19:10 AM »
it will be curious to see if his stats drop off this next season

If they drop, it'll be from injury related absense....the most common reason the ball players take AAS...people that believe taking gear automatically makes you a HR hitter are mistaken...

body88

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 05:30:48 AM »
If they drop, it'll be from injury related absense....the most common reason the ball players take AAS...people that believe taking gear automatically makes you a HR hitter are mistaken...

Please stop.  I played college ball with a several guys who improved dramatically once they started taking juice.  It helps with injury and recovery, but it also makes you stronger and more powerful.  Power/explosion is a huge part of hitting and the drop in numbers across baseball has to do with guys coming of drugs. I can say for a fact that a teamate of mine went pro because of steroids.

It's not a miracle drug that will improve your hand-eye or your vision (you have to have that), but it will put you over the top if you are on the cusp and you need more power and explosion......more than you can generate lifting weights and doing it naturally. Marc Mcgwire is a good example of what steriods can do for a guy who has the tools, but needs that added edge.  Look at at his numbers before juice and after.  Saying that taking a drug that will increase your natty test level 500 - 1000% will not aid in anything more than recovery is horseshit.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 05:37:53 AM »
Please stop.  I played college ball with a several guys who improved dramatically once they started taking juice.  It helps with injury and recovery, but it also makes you stronger and more powerful.  Power/explosion is a huge part of hitting and the drop in numbers across baseball has to do with guys coming of drugs. I can say for a fact that a teamate of mine went pro because of steroids.

It's not a miracle drug that will improve your hand-eye or your vision (you have to have that), but it will put you over the top if you are on the cusp and you need more power and explosion......more than you can generate lifting weights and doing it naturally. Marc Mcgwire is a good example of what steriods can do for a guy who has the tools, but needs that added edge.  Look at at his numbers before juice and after.

good post body88.  All true.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 05:50:38 AM »

It's not a miracle drug that will improve your hand-eye or your vision (you have to have that), but it will put you over the top if you are on the cusp and you need more power and explosion......more than you can generate lifting weights and doing it naturally. Marc Mcgwire is a good example of what steriods can do for a guy who has the tools, but needs that added edge.  Look at at his numbers before juice and after.  Saying that taking a drug that will increase your natty test level 500 - 1000% will not aid in anything more than recovery is horseshit.

Thanks for saying exactly what I just said....

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 06:43:43 AM »

Actually he just shot your argument to pieces.

Steroids DO improve your numbers.  all things being equal if you can see the fastball coming but you can't get around on it.....you hit a soft ground ball to the shortstop.

Now you're on juice....same pitch is coming, you can see it just the same, but now you have the speed and power to get around on it and hit it 425 feet.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 06:53:20 AM »
Actually he just shot your argument to pieces.

Steroids DO improve your numbers.  all things being equal if you can see the fastball coming but you can't get around on it.....you hit a soft ground ball to the shortstop.

Now you're on juice....same pitch is coming, you can see it just the same, but now you have the speed and power to get around on it and hit it 425 feet.

LOL...it's obvious you don't understand how anabolics work...if they are getting around faster or quicker, it's because they are injury free, or not as beat up as they would normally be due to the wear and tear of playing so frequently...

That said, merely taking steroids don't automatically make you bigger, faster or stronger....lifting weights would be the catalyst, which I doubt most of them do on any regular basis...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 06:55:40 AM »
The 3 years he admitted to being on, he avg 52 hr's per season....the other 10 seasons (excluding first 2 in Seattle because they were short season) he averaged 39.2.  Just the numbers as they are. 

I think he will drop off next season due to being a basketcase.

You can't look at it this way.

First, those numbers were compiled at ages 25-27, which are statistical prime years for production, plus, he was playing in Arlington, which is a notorious hitter's ballpark.

His best seasons were with the Yankees, and he had a monster Seattle season that was better than his Texas numbers.

Personally, I think they're all still on stuff, they're just smarter about it.  They're avoiding the bulky look.  THG couldn't have been the only undetectable designer drug out there.
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:22 AM »
You can't look at it this way.

First, those numbers were compiled at ages 25-27, which are statistical prime years for production, plus, he was playing in Arlington, which is a notorious hitter's ballpark.

His best seasons were with the Yankees, and he had a monster Seattle season that was better than his Texas numbers.

Personally, I think they're all still on stuff, they're just smarter about it.  They're avoiding the bulky look.  THG couldn't have been the only undetectable designer drug out there.

I would bet that there is a new "cream" and a new "clear" being used as we speak.  In track and field, there are still records being set. I think some baseball players are on but not nearly as many, they are all scared shit right now.

body88

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 07:05:38 AM »

Chick, you really think your something else, dont you.

You said:

First, numbers will drop because players will be smaller and have less power.  Second, power and performance is the most common reason baseball players take riods, not injury.....that would be why they take hgh ::)  Have you ever played baseball at a high level Chick?  There are a lot of drugs you can take that are not steroids that can help you come back from an injury faster or play through the pain.

body88

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 07:07:09 AM »

LOL...it's obvious you don't understand how anabolics work...if they are getting around faster or quicker, it's because they are injury free, or not as beat up as they would normally be due to the wear and tear of playing so frequently...

That said, merely taking steroids don't automatically make you bigger, faster or stronger....lifting weights would be the catalyst, which I doubt most of them do on any regular basis...

False

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:04 AM »
False

Body's right.  These guys train frequently.
Y

body88

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:29 AM »
Body's right.  These guys train frequently.

Chick thinks he knows everything.  Pro ball players are in the gym all the time. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:40 AM »
Chick thinks he knows everything.  Pro ball players are in the gym all the time. 

They actually lift on game day.
Y

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »

So he tested positive in 2003.

So the question now goes why didnt baseball do something about the 104 players that they found positive for steroids, and that is just a small sampling of players.

Rumor had it that up to 50% of the players were using some form of steroids at one time or another, but just a few get caught.

It is such hypocrisy to see that no one cared nor did anything, and still until a few days ago, when Sports Illustrated uncovered the results.

Pro Baseball covered it up, and such is life.

Why lose profits on a game where performance enhanced drugs are used all the time. People want to see the guys score the home runs, and more?

well, he's been clean since then, supposedly. I think it's blown out of Proportion, BIG TIME. the Media needed something to talk about badly, Post superbowl, and they got their Wish. the good thing is, A-ROID will put this behind him and move on
Get Big, or Die Trying

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
Chick, you really think your something else, dont you.

You said:

First, numbers will drop because players will be smaller and have less power.  Second, power and performance is the most common reason baseball players take riods, not injury.....that would be why they take hgh ::)  Have you ever played baseball at a high level Chick?  There are a lot of drugs you can take that are not steroids that can help you come back from an injury faster or play through the pain.

Maybe Bob don't read the sports section....or anything.

That would have to be the case for him to be this ignorant and misinformed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 07:25:08 AM »
There's credibility to the statement that faster recovery time  would aid a players numbers over the course of a season.

But to say they don't improve performance from a speed/power standpoint is just crazy.   The video-game numbers put up during those time periods help prove that.  Luiz Gonzalez didn't hit 58 HRs one year because he was injury free.
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:30:22 AM »
There's credibility to the statement that faster recovery time  would aid a players numbers over the course of a season.

But to say they don't improve performance from a speed/power standpoint is just crazy.   The video-game numbers put up during those time periods help prove that.  Luiz Gonzalez didn't hit 58 HRs one year because he was injury free.

Oh yeah, The recovery point is valid, but the rest of his opinion is definitely "the earth is still flat".

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »

This is the first and only time I've ever agreed with Bob.  They play 150 games a year!  Double Headers (Quaker Oats favorite), believe me, they will hurt themselves.  My ex girlfriend played a softball game with D Strawberry, B Bonds, D Justice, G Carter and man, I was bloan away the the athleticism at that event.
Most are all show no go!

body88

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »
This is the first and only time I've ever agreed with Bob.  They play 150 games a year!  Double Headers (Quaker Oats favorite), believe me, they will hurt themselves.  My ex girlfriend played a softball game with D Strawberry, B Bonds, D Justice, G Carter and man, I was bloan away the the athleticism at that event.

Agreed, but Bob is saying that the reason MLB players take juice is injuries and the decline in their numbers will be due to increased injuries.  He also said that ball players don't train with weights much.

Steroids help improve, explosion, strength, speed, recovery time and power.  The inflated numbers of the steroid era have to do with bigger, stronger, faster players with more power and pop.  Also, MLB players do train with weights, and I have directly seen the extremely positive effects steroids had on some of my college teamates.

Chick took steriods for bb. I doubt he has any clue what it's like to take them for sports.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »
hahahaha, epic using my name in a totally unrealted post, looks like i'm in someone's codiene addicted head. ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »
What's funny is that ESPN reported that Primobolan was used so guys don't appear lean or cut.  I thought that's what it's used for...
Squishy face retard

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 09:15:28 AM »
What's funny is that ESPN reported that Primobolan was used so guys don't appear lean or cut.  I thought that's what it's used for...
who knows, I for one am clueless when it comes to steroids ... I know that Winny makes you cut lol ...
The Number 2 in Scranton