Author Topic: A-Rod Admits To Using Steroids  (Read 3603 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: A-Rod Admits To Using Steroids
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 09:34:56 AM »
who knows, I for one am clueless when it comes to steroids ... I know that Winny makes you cut lol ...
I remember reading the Mystery Pro thing and Craig said it gets you cut round muscles with no bloat.  I had a buddy use it to lean out but stay muscular.

I think you are right about Winny.
Squishy face retard

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 09:39:13 AM »

So he tested positive in 2003.

So the question now goes why didnt baseball do something about the 104 players that they found positive for steroids, and that is just a small sampling of players.

Rumor had it that up to 50% of the players were using some form of steroids at one time or another, but just a few get caught.

It is such hypocrisy to see that no one cared nor did anything, and still until a few days ago, when Sports Illustrated uncovered the results.

Pro Baseball covered it up, and such is life.

Why lose profits on a game where performance enhanced drugs are used all the time. People want to see the guys score the home runs, and more?

I like how he said he didn't think they made a difference in his performance.  ::)
:D Weee

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »
I laugh at how he claims he had no idea what he was taking and that it was from GNC, then says he took steroids, then says the questions is "What do you want to take" because the doctors and trainers had it all.  WTF.  This guy was all over the place in his interview.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
I like how he said he didn't think they made a difference in his performance.  ::)
I honestly don't think they really did. He's not one of these guys who needed them to make the roster. He was one of the best in baseball before he used and has been since he stopped.

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
This thread is useless without pictures of Madonna

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 10:19:18 AM »
I honestly don't think they really did. He's not one of these guys who needed them to make the roster. He was one of the best in baseball before he used and has been since he stopped.
Do you really believe he only used from 01-03?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
That's hard to say. On one hand he came clean and it would be stupid for him to lie again on the other hand, he wasn't honest about it during the 60 minutes interview. I'm just sick of all of it. I personally don't care what he, Bonds, Clemens or anyone else did or didn't do. This steroid hysteria is a creation of the media and congress IMO, These guys made themselves and a lot of other people very rich. These teams, writers and MLB didn't care about gear when parks were full, and balls were flying out of the park. It's overblown and tiresome to me, but i can see why some are upset.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »

Regardless, if you believe that the Olympic style testing for the WBC was legit, he's theoretically clean since '04, and he's had his best seasons statistically since then, which supports Mass04's post.

The truth is, steroids do improve performance, but, those who were great before using them, should be great afterward as well.
Y

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »
Agreed, but Bob is saying that the reason MLB players take juice is injuries and the decline in their numbers will be due to increased injuries.  He also said that ball players don't train with weights much.

Steroids help improve, explosion, strength, speed, recovery time and power.  The inflated numbers of the steroid era have to do with bigger, stronger, faster players with more power and pop.  Also, MLB players do train with weights, and I have directly seen the extremely positive effects steroids had on some of my college teamates.

Chick took steriods for bb. I doubt he has any clue what it's like to take them for sports.

I totoally agree with you as well.
Most are all show no go!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
steroids cannot make someone better at hitting a 99 mile per hour fastball.  What it can do is help him hit it a little stronger by a few feet, which in baseball is the difference in getting 10-20 more home runs over the wall.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:39 AM »
ARod and Bonds are different from McGuire, Canseco, Palmiero and Sosa, as they would be Hall of Famers without the juice. Clemons as well.  But ARod and Bonds are going to be 1 and 2 all time in homers, and it's not fair to all the guys who didn't use.

Fred McGriff's 493 homers would be Hall of Fame material if everyone had been clean, as there would be about 10 less 500 homer guys.

Ken Griffey Jr. is realistically only the 4th guy to hit 600 homers, as Bonds and Sosa would have never reached that without performance enhancers.

Hank Aaron is still the true homerun champ career-wise and Roger Maris is the real single season leader !

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
The first 4 Super Bowls owned by the Pittsburgh Steelers are coated in steroids. But no one cares. And baseball should be the same.

Yes it happened, make it illegal, test for it, and move on. Fuck the records. MLB records are bullshit anyway. Different size fields, constant upgrading of bats, the changing of the ball and more.
J

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
ARod and Bonds are different from McGuire, Canseco, Palmiero and Sosa, as they would be Hall of Famers without the juice. Clemons as well.  But ARod and Bonds are going to be 1 and 2 all time in homers, and it's not fair to all the guys who didn't use.

Fred McGriff's 493 homers would be Hall of Fame material if everyone had been clean, as there would be about 10 less 500 homer guys.

Ken Griffey Jr. is realistically only the 4th guy to hit 600 homers, as Bonds and Sosa would have never reached that without performance enhancers.

Hank Aaron is still the true homerun champ career-wise and Roger Maris is the real single season leader !

Bullshit.  Griffey is not clean.  Look at his stats.  His stats peaked and valleyed at the same rate as McGuire.  All stats for the alst 10 years in baseball have been lies.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »
That's hard to say. On one hand he came clean and it would be stupid for him to lie again on the other hand, he wasn't honest about it during the 60 minutes interview. I'm just sick of all of it. I personally don't care what he, Bonds, Clemens or anyone else did or didn't do. This steroid hysteria is a creation of the media and congress IMO, These guys made themselves and a lot of other people very rich. These teams, writers and MLB didn't care about gear when parks were full, and balls were flying out of the park. It's overblown and tiresome to me, but i can see why some are upset.
I agree.  I too am sick of it all.  I don't understand why they just don't let up on the banning of it all around.  I'm tired of having someone else (government) tell me what I can and cannot do to MY body (outside of doing something that could harm others - drink/drugs & driving).   There isn't a good reason out there, that I've heard, for having such a ban.  They can say all they want about roid rage but as far as I'm concerned there are just as many "prescription and non-prescription drugs" out there that alter someones mood.  Hell, just dieting - low carbing makes some people wanna rip someone's head off.  They can say what they want regarding it diseasing one's liver, but again…alcohol is legal, tobacco is killing people, even our own foods, water & environment are now giving us cancer…all government approved!  And if it does mess up your health…it's your life.  So now comes the Health/Medical Care and/or Insurance.  Well, I guess they could make stipulations or guidelines within such involving steroid "abuse", not that it should hold due to all the other things I spoke of above.  But what it comes down to is that it's never going to go away.  People are still going to do it and what makes it worse is that because it's illegal you have people making the shit in unsanitized tubs for cripes sakes.  The government should just tax it and put their "stamp" on it just like they do with cigarettes, alcohol and gas.  >:(

Regardless, if you believe that the Olympic style testing for the WBC was legit, he's theoretically clean since '04, and he's had his best seasons statistically since then, which supports Mass04's post.

The truth is, steroids do improve performance, but, those who were great before using them, should be great afterward as well.
Yeah…"theoretically".  And I'm not saying anything regarding his performance other than him stating that he doesn't think they did anything for him.  A good ball player will always be a good ball player, but as mon_of_steels says…with a little added strength, you hit harder and harder means hitting further….hello home run.  ;)

steroids cannot make someone better at hitting a 99 mile per hour fastball.  What it can do is help him hit it a little stronger by a few feet, which in baseball is the difference in getting 10-20 more home runs over the wall.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »
Bullshit.  Griffey is not clean.  Look at his stats.  His stats peaked and valleyed at the same rate as McGuire.  All stats for the alst 10 years in baseball have been lies.

You could be right, but I think Griffey was clean. But who knows.

But Aaron and Maris are still the true homerun leaders !

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »

But Aaron and Maris are still the true homerun leaders !

Amphetamines be damned!
Y