Author Topic: What did I pull?  (Read 3485 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
What did I pull?
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »
Shoulder only hurts for upright rows. Pain is pinpoint over medial delt and there's a bruise on my back. Have tested the supraspinatus but it doesn't hurt. Wondering if it is the subscapularis or the teres.

No numbness, tingling, weakness etc... just some swelling and the bruise.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: What did I pull?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
You are the doctor here, why are you asking a bunch of dimwits ???
E

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:13:42 PM »
You are the doctor here, why are you asking a bunch of dimwits ???

Thought it might be teres minor and that someone here might know more about it than me.

Talked to my doctor on the phone just a few minutes ago and he agreed.

I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else, LOL!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
hmmm how did you hurt it doc?

i havent pulled a muscle in a while but ive never had bruising when i pulled a muscle sounds like maybe a tear especially if there is pain over the ??? tuberocity or whatevers its called on your shoulder.

If the supra isnt damaged and it hurts when you do upright rows i would assume the sub but im not doctor but just motion brings the shoulders back a little like a row so again i would assume the sub.

Let us know what happens maybe an MRI?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:26:45 PM »
hmmm how did you hurt it doc?

i havent pulled a muscle in a while but ive never had bruising when i pulled a muscle sounds like maybe a tear especially if there is pain over the ??? tuberocity or whatevers its called on your shoulder.

If the supra isnt damaged and it hurts when you do upright rows i would assume the sub but im not doctor but just motion brings the shoulders back a little like a row so again i would assume the sub.

Let us know what happens maybe an MRI?

The doctor asked about my bench press and that was that. No need for an MRI at this point unless rehab doesn't work. Tried a new set up (to me) last month and just figured the decrease in strength was due to that change and not an injury. He's going to see me tomorrow and work on it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
The doctor asked about my bench press and that was that. No need for an MRI at this point unless rehab doesn't work. Tried a new set up (to me) last month and just figured the decrease in strength was due to that change and not an injury. He's going to see me tomorrow and work on it.
i screwed up my shoulder pretty bad on bench a while back too still not sure whats wrong as i dont have insurance so havent gotten it looked at. I figured mine was just wear and tear from working out and took about a off came back was going like 50lbs lighter then before and felt two pops in the front of my shoulder whats wierd though is i get pain in my rear delt area and the side of my lat where my scapula is...i have no clue

let me know what you do for rehab please.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »
i screwed up my shoulder pretty bad on bench a while back too still not sure whats wrong as i dont have insurance so havent gotten it looked at. I figured mine was just wear and tear from working out and took about a off came back was going like 50lbs lighter then before and felt two pops in the front of my shoulder whats wierd though is i get pain in my rear delt area and the side of my lat where my scapula is...i have no clue

let me know what you do for rehab please.

I'll be following the "7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" by  Jerry Robinson and Joseph Horrigan.