Author Topic: Drinking while on gear  (Read 16981 times)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
Drinking while on gear
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:47:14 AM »
Would having about 6 drinks 1 night a week while on sust cause any problems.  I am not a big drinker, maybe a social one at best but I go out maybe once a week and have a few not even down enough to get drunk.  I just dont want to cause any reactions or have my gear goto waste by a few honest beers.  I would gladly not drink at all though.  I would just have to come up with an excuse other than i am on juice for my little posse.  Would not sound good to the other teachers i go out with ,that the special edu and PE guy does "performance enhancing" suppliments.  I would prolly come up with some BS religous reason or just be all time DD.

When I was in the military I did a cycle of test e w/ some eq and I was drinking like 3-4 nights a week to the point where I blacked out and I still had good gains but those were my less mature days. Prolly coulda got more out of my gear if I was not such a jack-ass hot shot back then. Sometimes i would not even goto sleep after the bars and would just go do PT and lift and go back to sleep for a few hours before I had work and I would not even remeber what I was pushing in the gym.  I am shocked i never hurt myself
First Rock

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Drinking while on gear
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:53:13 AM »
never did the shit.but I kick a few back from time to time..I see no good reason to drink while on though.
DAWG

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »
i see no harm as long as you arent using any heavy orals, use a liver supp if taking a oral.

muscle

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:06:57 AM »
I would gladly not drink at all though.
then do that. alcohol is no good for bodybuilding. avoid it. if you want to intoxicate yourself = weed or mushrooms. those are bodybuilding friendly.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
6 drinks won't do any harm when you're on injectables. In fact I'd go as far as say that it might be a good thing. Not necessarily nutrition wise, but at least you are getting out of the house and meeting friends and people. That is one thing that i sometimes neglet, the social life. See I'm only 24, but i have seen more than enough of drinking, party's, drugs, cheating, lying, fighting and everything in between. Most of that when i was a full time bouncer. So these days when i want to have fun it's usually poker, couple of friends and a bottle of JD. So I'm somewhat of a homebody or a hermit...

Although i was working at a night club door yesterday and it was fun, because i haven't done that in a long time.

Bottom line: "lift hard, heavy, constantly, eat big, sleep enough, but do not forget about the "real world." God knows i have. I started lifting when i was 12 and i started seriously, so...

Enjoy your ALCOHOL!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
I am not a big weed person I get drug tested monthly for Weed, coke, herion and meth for work so if i do feel the need to go out I choose to have a few beers no liquor.  I am man enough to know I get mean and dumb when i drink that poison and i proudly get called a "bitch" by friends for turning shots down.  I was just worried b/c i do injectables and I cut it with with b12 and i know drinking can inhibit your bodys ability to absorb the b12 and if your body cannot absorb b12 what else does alcohol inhibit?  Would it inhibit my adex? Or my androgen receptors.  i really could nto find anything online that had clear evidence.  figured you guys would know with your experiance.  i think its sad that you guys know more about this shit than most endocrinologist b/c the steroid scare tatics and they do not want to touch the steroid thing with a ten ft. pole my doctor is a fucking mormom.......nuff said he believes some fucked up shit.  hopefully my new VA doc will look out for me instead of God's will
First Rock

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »
Quit worrying and just have your drinks, it will not harm you and you'll get what you want. Little alcohol will not do ANY harm to you!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 02:32:49 PM »
its been clinically proven that a drink a night is actually good for you, anymore than that the effects aren't as good.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 02:36:10 PM »
all you have to worry about is if your on some harsh orals,,,, and ur urine will let you know if something isnt good,,,, injectables dont go through the liver and kidneys

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »
i dont think you have anything to worrry about...i used to go out about two days a week and i had more than a couple of drinks and i had blood work done every four weeks r so and everything came back normal...at that time i was doing a twelve week deca sust cycle...you might want to look into a sports medicine dr. if you are looking for some more sound advice from a medical pro.  

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
 bump what brent said bout the orals

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 02:38:49 PM »
my bad shrek

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »
its been clinically proven that a drink a night is actually good for you, anymore than that the effects aren't as good.

that being said you can't catch up and have 7 drinks on friday night and none the rest of the week, it doenst work like that.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 02:44:36 PM »
i drink beer everynight and i could care less what everyone says that its bad for bodybuilding,,,,, i like beer and ill drink beer ive made awesome gains while drinking the same as i have always drank so enjoy the brews and drunk bitches just pay attention to your urine and how your body feels

toe2toe

• Getbig II
  • AIN'T FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME YET
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
man i used to drink pretty heavy while i did do 50 mg of dbol ED along with 400mg EQ and750mg TE weekly and made good gains....but, i do have high blood pressure now.  It is partly hereditary i think but i know that drinking that much while using gear couldn't have helped shit.  i dont hardly drink now unless it is a couple of the guys and we are kickin back.  you do have to have a "normal" life but i feel a lot better replacing all that beer with high quality H2O!!  screw all that drinking.  if you feel the need to relaxx the mind listen to bombz and go with green. atleast you can stimulate ur appetite and have higher quality calories as opposed to beer.  a joint shouldnt stay in ur system but about 7 days if u r active with low bodyfat.  just my thoughts tho

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
7 days you are way too wrong on that one and besides i have no respect for potheads i cant stand that shit and it is already known that THC in the weed somehow give you tits im sure someone is going to post up a long article about it and i wont waste the time reading it......... a chronic alcoholic is what you dont want to be but hell the same people that come up with a measurment for being an alcky are the same ones that say iam 90lbs overwheight

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 05:45:14 PM »
7 days you are way too wrong on that one and besides i have no respect for potheads i cant stand that shit and it is already known that THC in the weed somehow give you tits im sure someone is going to post up a long article about it and i wont waste the time reading it......... a chronic alcoholic is what you dont want to be but hell the same people that come up with a measurment for being an alcky are the same ones that say iam 90lbs overwheight

You have no respect for people that smoke pot?
DAWG

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »
nope to that dope smoked plenty im my day dont like the charactors that smoke pot

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
plus iiam in the professional world where drug test are common and random so i know plenty on how long stuff will stay in and from statistics the ones that piss dirty are the ones that fucked something up cause whenever there is an inccident at the project they test everyone

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
nope to that dope smoked plenty im my day dont like the charactors that smoke pot

you don't think thats a generalization?many different people from all walks of life smoke weed.just the same as there are all different types of people that use steroids..rich,poor,white,black,younger,older.
DAWG

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
ya know when i was in high school i smoked my fair share of weed and to be honest i had being around pot heads now, they are lazy.  straight lazy and they have excuses for everything.  My little brother sits around and collects unemployment (brother who got recruited to play for a big ten team) and sits on his ass and gets fat.  i saw him the other day he told me he got a bag of weed and a new PS3 game and has not left his shitty ghetto apartment for 2 days.............ppl who smoke weed on a regualr basis are pithedic.  Its a demotivator, not hat alcohol is any better but in the professional world you cannot smoke pot, its fucking dumb, you will get caught eventually.  I especailly hate the ones that think weed makes you smarter.........and the idealistic ones..........they are just high, not smart.
First Rock

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 06:04:32 PM »
you don't think thats a generalization?many different people from all walks of life smoke weed.just the same as there are all different types of people that use steroids..rich,poor,white,black,younger,older.
color wealth nore age has to do with CHARACTOR that is generalization majority of the people that use gear half the main reason in common PERFORMANCE ENHANCING if that maybe in athletics physcique strength or ENHANCEMENT of health we dont take gear to get high or sone out or to party or clear your mind like the other drugs i have done almost every fun drug out there other then injecting in to veins and those are all horse shit and not natural things in body ALCOHL has natural things and effects when it get metabolized

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
like ARNOLD said when you grow up you drink beer hes numero uno in my book

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »
like ARNOLD said when you grow up you drink beer hes numero uno in my book

you do realize arnold smoked his fair share of weed ..don't you?
DAWG

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
if you are refering to the video clip then you ought to research a lil more into that subject i have read his books and he hardly ever dabbled with drugs but did refere to a lot of drinking with guys and lots of girls