Author Topic: Drinking while on gear  (Read 16982 times)

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
Re: Drinking while on gear
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »
i get offend when people classify gear users in the same catergory of recreational drug users.  I am only taking it for cosmedic reasons and because of an injury I have (fucked up left ass cheek) and it will help heel it..........hopefully. I do not get any "high", if anything I notice a bit of depression when i am on cycle but thats just me not all users.  I hate how people view it as something along the lines of herion..............we are not juicing in some bathroom or a shitty apartment............we do it in sanitary conditions, are responsible, dedicated and disciplined to stick with a workout and diet routine. those are not traits of a meth addict.........
First Rock

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
DAWG

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
dude its cool with me if you are a pot head but all you are stating are things that you beleive in because you are a pot head

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »
yes i have seen him in interveiws that he has smoked weed so has bush obama and so have i ok im done with this topic you have high jacked it because you are a pot head and took offense to it but i think and so do the professional world that if you smoke pot on a common occurance they dont want anything to do with you DONE

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »
dude its cool with me if you are a pot head but all you are stating are things that you beleive in because you are a pot head

I haven't smoked weed in a very very long time.I just have to question people's intelligence that make blanket statements that all pot smokers are lazy is a blanket statement.

i get offend when people classify gear users in the same catergory of recreational drug users.  I am only taking it for cosmedic reasons and because of an injury I have (fucked up left ass cheek) and it will help heel it..........hopefully. I do not get any "high", if anything I notice a bit of depression when i am on cycle but thats just me not all users.  I hate how people view it as something along the lines of herion..............we are not juicing in some bathroom or a shitty apartment............we do it in sanitary conditions, are responsible, dedicated and disciplined to stick with a workout and diet routine. those are not traits of a meth addict.........

just as this whole post is a blanket statement.yea alot of steroids users are just as you describe...but there are some that aren't anything like that.you are profiling all pot users into a view that fits your idea's and beliefs.as you are profiling steroid user's as well.
DAWG

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
I have not touched weed since 2001...........when I was in fucking high school.  Who cares how much blow Bush snorted in the 60s......that a cheap excuse if you think you can use a celebrities mistakes from decades ago to make the same mistakes thats why they lie about it all the time not because they are liars but b/c they know dumb asses like you will use their success and past drug use as an excuse to use the same crap they did.......When your young you think you know everything and your invincible.
First Rock

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
yes i have seen him in interveiws that he has smoked weed so has bush obama and so have i ok im done with this topic you have high jacked it because you are a pot head and took offense to it but i think and so do the professional world that if you smoke pot on a common occurance they dont want anything to do with you DONE

you show your bias opinion and lack of intelligence by jumping to a conclusion that I am a pot head.one of the last time's I smoked marijuana I did it with a guy that owns a successfull restaurant chain.and another guy that operator's a major shipping company.both guys are well educated and if you didn't know them personally would never know that they partake in an occasional toke.
DAWG

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »
I would rather a steroid user drive my kid's bus than a herion/meth/alcoholic/ any of drug hands down.........thats my point.....and i bet you would make that blanket decison to, thats what we do in life we have to generalize......you cant just give people the benifit of the doubt all the time.
First Rock

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:05 PM »
there is a huge difference between an occasional toker and a pothead Einstien........i am talking about adicts and stoners, not somebody thats 35 and goes on vacation and takes a hit of a blunt to feel like they are in college again for a night
First Rock

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
Would having about 6 drinks 1 night a week while on sust cause any problems.  I am not a big drinker, maybe a social one at best but I go out maybe once a week and have a few not even down enough to get drunk.  I just dont want to cause any reactions or have my gear goto waste by a few honest beers.  I would gladly not drink at all though.  I would just have to come up with an excuse other than i am on juice for my little posse.  Would not sound good to the other teachers i go out with ,that the special edu and PE guy does "performance enhancing" suppliments.  I would prolly come up with some BS religous reason or just be all time DD.

When I was in the military I did a cycle of test e w/ some eq and I was drinking like 3-4 nights a week to the point where I blacked out and I still had good gains but those were my less mature days. Prolly coulda got more out of my gear if I was not such a jack-ass hot shot back then. Sometimes i would not even goto sleep after the bars and would just go do PT and lift and go back to sleep for a few hours before I had work and I would not even remeber what I was pushing in the gym.  I am shocked i never hurt myself

Red wine.......a merlot or cabernet.

Other than that, what's the point?

Until my summer vacation, but that's another topic completely.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
Wine dehydrates me so much worse i feel like, i usually just drink Guinness draft....fills me up and keeps me out of trouble and i do not touch liquor anymore.
First Rock

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »
Wine dehydrates me so much worse i feel like, i usually just drink Guinness draft....fills me up and keeps me out of trouble and i do not touch liquor anymore.

You have to balance alcohol with your orals.

I'm not a drinker these days.

I just coast.

DIV

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
i don't do oral...........in reference to gear.
First Rock

toe2toe

• Getbig II
  • AIN'T FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME YET
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »
well it is all a waste of time and inhibits what we are all here for.  by the way, I get drug tested every month and did my own study on myself with good piss tests.  not the ones you buy at walmart.  7 days with a lot of hydration and cardio cleared my body of traceable amounts of THC.  It is not worth it in your line of work bc you are messing with your livelyhood.  thats nothing to mess with.  just stick with your few drinks and take it easy on them man. 

gooer

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 08:01:47 PM »
i completely gave up alcohol for 2 years for bodybuilding.. social life suffered considerably, mostly stayed in watched tv had a steady girlfriend. we broke up in september and I gradually started going out again. the last 6 months or whatever have been better than the entirety of two years. i get absolutely shitfaced once a week, do shots grind on bitches the whole deal. i don't lift the next day, and the other 5 days of a week i am strictly dedicated to lifting. i am still gaining size, maybe slightly slower than if i wasn't drinking at all but it's a lot better for me mentally/socially. unless you are competing professionally it's not worth it to be a hermit.

i wouldn't be worried about drinking on injectables dude, nothing bad will happen on you. bump whoever said don't drink on orals. i've done it and i know people who have done it but it's definitely hell on your liver.

sidenote: i can't believe someone said mushrooms being a bodybuilding drug? that's retarded bro they make you sick to your stomach and not eat for like 8 hours? terrible for the diet etc.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »
sidenote: i can't believe someone said mushrooms being a bodybuilding drug? that's retarded bro they make you sick to your stomach and not eat for like 8 hours? terrible for the diet etc.

"tbombz" has said alot of stupid shit over this time here.

As far as I'm concerned, recreationals are neutral in pertains to lifting, as long as you do it in moderation.

If you become an addict........then your body will pay the price.

DIV

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »

that sucks that you cant eat when your on shrooms. and you get sick to your stomach ? yuck. i probably wouldnt eat shrooms if they got me sick to the stomach. 

;)

mushrooms = vegetable + no effect on hormones + fiber + no effect on metabolism = bodybuilding friendly

but for an individual which reacts in a manner like you describe, then of course mushrooms would have negative effects as far as the physique is concerned. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »
i completely gave up alcohol for 2 years for bodybuilding.. social life suffered considerably, mostly stayed in watched tv had a steady girlfriend. we broke up in september and I gradually started going out again. the last 6 months or whatever have been better than the entirety of two years. i get absolutely shitfaced once a week, do shots grind on bitches the whole deal. i don't lift the next day, and the other 5 days of a week i am strictly dedicated to lifting. i am still gaining size, maybe slightly slower than if i wasn't drinking at all but it's a lot better for me mentally/socially. unless you are competing professionally it's not worth it to be a hermit.

this sucks too man. so youve got to be dirnking on a weekly basis in order to have a happy life ad to have a woman love you ? damn, i feel sorry for you dude, thats like you have to pay an alcohol tax just to live a normal life.  that SUCKS.  wish you the best man...

BostoN SnaSa

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
haha.. i love the end of pumping iron after the olympia.. arnold laying back on the couch puffing a bone to the dome..  funy shit.. i cant smoke right now do to testing but thats a funny clip

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »
haha.. i love the end of pumping iron after the olympia.. arnold laying back on the couch puffing a bone to the dome..  funy shit.. i cant smoke right now do to testing but thats a funny clip

Arnold puffed alot of things back then.....

Remember, he lived in Weider's house, posed nude and all the shit that went with it.   :-\

Arnold sold his soul to get where he is...   :-X

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

i wouldn't be worried about drinking on injectables dude, nothing bad will happen on you. bump whoever said don't drink on orals. i've done it and i know people who have done it but it's definitely hell on your liver.

Interesting post. Yes its true the whole social world does revolve around gouing out and having drinks or going to a party and of course having drinks.  You can say to yourself "Im going out, I dont have to drink I will have water" LOL you will be reaching for a drink in about an hour, you need to be drunk yourself to tolerate drunk people.

Booze does a nice job of lossening people up  Rarely does a date for coffee or lunch turn into a drunken, clothes all over the floor, 3am fuck fest. Some people have fun and enjoy living a different lifestyle, everybody is different, it does keep you out of trouble.  Which I had my fair share in my partying days.  Now just a hit of some green bud here and there puts my mind at ease.

gooer

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »
this sucks too man. so youve got to be dirnking on a weekly basis in order to have a happy life ad to have a woman love you ? damn, i feel sorry for you dude, thats like you have to pay an alcohol tax just to live a normal life.  that SUCKS.  wish you the best man...

I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you by remarking on your mushrooms comment. But, for the record I said I had a steady girlfriend for 2 years while completely sober and you said you trip on illegal hallucinogenic drugs to have a good time.

gooer

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »
Interesting post. Yes its true the whole social world does revolve around gouing out and having drinks or going to a party and of course having drinks.  You can say to yourself "Im going out, I dont have to drink I will have water" LOL you will be reaching for a drink in about an hour, you need to be drunk yourself to tolerate drunk people.

Booze does a nice job of lossening people up  Rarely does a date for coffee or lunch turn into a drunken, clothes all over the floor, 3am fuck fest. Some people have fun and enjoy living a different lifestyle, everybody is different, it does keep you out of trouble.  Which I had my fair share in my partying days.  Now just a hit of some green bud here and there puts my mind at ease.

haha yes I could not have said this better myself man. Being sober around drunk people is absolutely intolerable. They are so annoying, I would rather just stay home. I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic or I need alcohol to function, but being a single guy in my 20's, it is fun to occasionally go out and see what happens.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you by remarking on your mushrooms comment. But, for the record I said I had a steady girlfriend for 2 years while completely sober and you said you trip on illegal hallucinogenic drugs to have a good time.

yep leave it to our government to outlaw a mushroom.
DAWG

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
i hate when the government is up in everybody business however i do nto condone the use of mushrooms they arent even that fun they just makes u see and feel weird shit for 6 hours.  Its not a social drug at all, only people who wish to escape their own pithedic reality use that crap
First Rock