Author Topic: Chavez wins vote to scrap term limits in Venezuela  (Read 5655 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Chavez wins vote to scrap term limits in Venezuela
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 02:16:45 AM »
Bush?  We got what I expected.

Are you not intelligent enough to understand we're discussing Chavez? Quit with the straw man arguments; Bush is irrelevant in most cases when discussing Chavez's past actions - and I certainly have enough criticism of Bush.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 02:24:07 AM »
Are you not intelligent enough to understand we're discussing Chavez? Quit with the straw man arguments; Bush is irrelevant in most cases when discussing Chavez's past actions - and I certainly have enough criticism of Bush.
just pointing out the hypocrisy in your focused criticism my little myopic friend ;)  nothing straw man about that.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 02:38:45 AM »
just pointing out the hypocrisy in your focused criticism my little myopic friend ;)  nothing straw man about that.

What has Bush got to do with my statement regarding Chavez's coup attempts? Explain my hypocrisy...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 03:05:26 AM »
What has Bush got to do with my statement regarding Chavez's coup attempts? Explain my hypocrisy...
You're content to view the world through the good guys/ bad guys script handed to you, as are so many others.  tools... sheeple...  Keep following the script, don't let me get in your way :)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 03:18:40 AM »
You're content to view the world through the good guys/ bad guys script handed to you, as are so many others.  tools... sheeple...  Keep following the script, don't let me get in your way :)

What are you talking about? Chavez has brought some benefits to Venezuela of which I do not doubt for a second - but to align myself with certain people and politicians in agreeing that some of his policies (e.g. increases in murder rates) doesn't make me wrong or myopic. It is a fact that he attempted a coup, this part of his character is open to discussion although I feel you want to bury and censor any negative information surrounding him or become defensive by going on at a tangent by mentioning Bush. It's rather disturbing how defensive of this man you are; even in the light of certain facts.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »
What are you talking about? Chavez has brought some benefits to Venezuela of which I do not doubt for a second - but to align myself with certain people and politicians in agreeing that some of his policies (e.g. increases in murder rates) doesn't make me wrong or myopic. It is a fact that he attempted a coup, this part of his character is open to discussion although I feel you want to bury and censor any negative information surrounding him or become defensive by going on at a tangent by mentioning Bush. It's rather disturbing how defensive of this man you are; even in the light of certain facts.
dude, this from you only posting: "what do you expect from a man who attempted a coup" and you're shocked at my comments of what is typical myopic script like thinking for you... come on.. ;)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:06 AM »
dude, this from you only posting: "what do you expect from a man who attempted a coup" and you're shocked at my comments of what is typical myopic script like thinking for you... come on.. ;)

I've posted twice in this thread.

My assertion that his coup was a previous example of his lean towards militarism is refuted by you how? By the ad hominem attacks? :-\

You see, it's simple what's going on here; you see no evil in any of his actions. No matter what the intentions of the coup was (I believe its result have been beneficial to Venezuela) it displays evidence of militarism in his character that exists today.

Now what's your rebuttal? That I'm a short sighted sheep? Because I don't think he's the glorious infallible leader you see him as? As a moderator you sure like to make random/nonsensical statements about Bush in defense of your point.

You're starting to sound like an hippy; so passionate about some off beat way of thinking about a subject that you believe everyone to be idiotic and sheep-like if they disagree.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 03:49:56 AM »
Hugo Chavez tried to overthrow Carlos Andres Perez, a leader who was democratically elected by the Venezuelan people.  Chavez tried to overthrow him using military force and violence.  But now that Hugo Chavez himself has also been democratically elected by the Venezuelan people, he expects everyone to respect that and not even think about overthrowing him no matter what he does.   ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 03:51:37 AM »
Hugo Chavez tried to overthrow Carlos Andres Perez, a leader who was democratically elected by the Venezuelan people.  Chavez tried to overthrow him using military force and violence.  But now that Hugo Chavez himself has also been democratically elected by the Venezuelan people, he expects everyone to respect that and not even think about overthrowing him no matter what he does.   ::)

Please Loco, no facts! We must preserve the glory that is Hugo Chavez! He is a modern day Saint! :P
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 04:28:50 AM »
What?  I thought there was no actual conspiracy against Hugo?  lol...

In the interview(in miami), CAP acknowledged that he is “working to remove Chávez [from power].”  “Violence will allow us to remove him,” said CAP, adding that Chávez “must die like a dog, because he deserves it.”

Loco, can you tell us a little about why CAP in his campaign was saying the IMF is "a neutron bomb that killed people, but left buildings standing" and said that World Bank economists were "genocide workers in the pay of economic totalitarianism" and then turn right around and make a deal with them that eventually resulted in the Caracazo?

I would like to know more about this, am I missing something?  Still a lot to learn but I'm researching.  Interesting stuff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 04:33:19 AM »
What?  I thought there was no actual conspiracy against Hugo?  lol...

In the interview(in miami), CAP acknowledged that he is “working to remove Chávez [from power].”  “Violence will allow us to remove him,” said CAP, adding that Chávez “must die like a dog, because he deserves it.”

Loco, can you tell us a little about why CAP in his campaign was saying the IMF is "a neutron bomb that killed people, but left buildings standing" and said that World Bank economists were "genocide workers in the pay of economic totalitarianism" and then turn right around and make a deal with them that eventually resulted in the Caracazo?

I would like to know more about this, am I missing something?  Still a lot to learn but I'm researching.  Interesting stuff.
bump for loco, anything you have to add on this?  thanks...