Author Topic: Jay Cutler lived on 175 grams of protein per day going up to Olympia!  (Read 7390 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Chick reveals some low-carb dieting experience- GOOD STUFF
Bob used to prepare on VERY low carb diets.  Nice to see them sharing numbers and stats here

Bob:
100 g, then lower.
Instane stuff - the last 7-10 days - of going on a zero-carb depletion.
Then, you'd put it back into your body with 3 days of carbing up.
It was total depletion.

Pepe: Freeman said he hasn't had a carb in MONTHS, outside of a cheat day once a week.

Bob: 100 grams was too low.  They say you need 50-60 grams for normal brain function.  You get stupid on these diets. Dimwitted stuff. 

Pepe: The majority of pros follow the conventional approach to dieting - high protein, moderate carb, low-fat.  That was the general formula.  28 or 29 of the 32 guys (Q Taylor and Will harris) followed EXTREMEMLY LOT carb diets.  And Cutler - he used a low protein diet!  He was only eating 175 grams of protein a day, despite competing at 260 pounds.  He'd eat 500 to 1000 grams of carbs per day!!

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Chick reveals some low-carb dieting experience- GOOD STUFF
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »
Yeah you do get "stupid" until you get into ketosis, where your energy source becomes fats instead of carbs. Maybe Chick didn't know that... Toney Freeman is in ketosis and his brain is functioning just fine. Jay doesn't need 1000g of carbs a day... talk about overkill.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Yeah you do get "stupid" until you get into ketosis, where your energy source becomes fats instead of carbs. Maybe Chick didn't know that... Toney Freeman is in ketosis and his brain is functioning just fine. Jay doesn't need 1000g of carbs a day... talk about overkill.

Well stated.  Chick failed with that one.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »

When you're at the end of your rope, and your fat % is under 5%...there aint a whole lot of fats to call on....I was referring to the last 2 weeks specifically. Keep in mind also, that we didn't add in fats to the diet back then...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Jay Cutler lived on 175 grams of protein per day going up to Olympia!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »
I don't know how Jay does his dieting but perhaps this is why he never gets that shredded look.  Exception Mr. O 2001 and 03.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:17:55 PM »
When you're at the end of your rope, and your fat % is under 5%...there aint a whole lot of fats to call on....I was referring to the last 2 weeks specifically. Keep in mind also, that we didn't add in fats to the diet back then...

Oh ok. I thought you meant dieting with no carbs in general, not the last 2 weeks. But the final week or so(depending on how conditioned the athlete it) Palumbo usually takes the fat out as well, so Toney would most likely just be eating protein with veggies all day the final week. I prefer the protein and fats for cutting as opposed to protein and carbs... I just feel fats are alot more important than carbs... plus I always feel good when fats are my primary energy source. To each his own.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
Oh ok. I thought you meant dieting with no carbs in general, not the last 2 weeks. But the final week or so(depending on how conditioned the athlete it) Palumbo usually takes the fat out as well, so Toney would most likely just be eating protein with veggies all day the final week. I prefer the protein and fats for cutting as opposed to protein and carbs... I just feel fats are alot more important than carbs... plus I always feel good when fats are my primary energy source. To each his own.

Carbs are useless during precontest IMO.  You you have to deal with the up and down days and how they make you feel.
You can do the Keto diet and not have to worry about the ups and downs.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »
Carbs are useless during precontest IMO.  You you have to deal with the up and down days and how they make you feel.
You can do the Keto diet and not have to worry about the ups and downs.

Agreed. Plus your test levels stay higher than on a high protein/moderate carb/low fat diet.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Agreed. Plus your test levels stay higher than on a high protein/moderate carb/low fat diet.

I've done both and I love Keto.  I'll never do the ol' chicken and rice shit again.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
it's all fun and games until someone shits out a kidney.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

The most I've ever eaten is 300 grams of protein per day.  I don't think that is too bad.
It's not like back in the 90's when you heard of 500gms per day. :-X :-X

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 11:58:06 PM »
The most I've ever eaten is 300 grams of protein per day.  I don't think that is too bad.
It's not like back in the 90's when you heard of 500gms per day. :-X :-X

Jade the Gladiator said anything less than 2 grams per pound is only a maintenance amount.  ::)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »

Were talking about a boat load of inslin being used if he is pushing 1000grams of carbs precontest...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 04:26:30 AM »
This year Jay is doing the all twizzlers diet.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:54 AM »

Do you think from nearly 20 years trial and error and 2 Mr O titles maybe he knows more than you?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 04:50:22 AM »

HA! 

And you think that's going to stop a pro from living the dream?!
just not good enough

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 04:51:58 AM »
Do you think from nearly 20 years trial and error and 2 Mr O titles maybe he knows more than you?
lol
!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:43 AM »
I think Jay eats atleast 300g, hes probably blowing smoke up your ass if he tells you diffrent.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »
True ketosis requires a low amount of protein to be ingested. I think it's like 70 percent fats. The whole 175 grams could be believable.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:27 AM »
Were talking about a boat load of inslin being used if he is pushing 1000grams of carbs precontest...

Some competitors on another board claim Jay hasn't used any insulin in a long time.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
When I see Jay at the store (he lives in my community) he is always stalking up on ezikiel bread and cereal (total protein carbs).  Also potatoes are a huge staple of his he said.  For protein, I saw ground turkey in his basket and that was it.  He said he eats alot of orange roughy.

I actually ask jay if I can inspect his shopping cart.  He is very very nice.  He gets beef tenderloin at the costco's up the street as well as frozen orange roughy.  I don't know if I could stomach frozen roughy.
Most are all show no go!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:02 AM »
When I see Jay at the store (he lives in my community) he is always stalking up on ezikiel bread and cereal (total protein carbs).  Also potatoes are a huge staple of his he said.  For protein, I saw ground turkey in his basket and that was it.  He said he eats alot of orange roughy.

I actually ask jay if I can inspect his shopping cart.  He is very very nice.  He gets beef tenderloin at the costco's up the street as well as frozen orange roughy.  I don't know if I could stomach frozen roughy.
hahahahaha, bullshit. ::)

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »

He only started doing his own diet like 2 years ago, before that it was always Chris Aceto doing it for him. Jay follows the blood-type diet... which is why he eats so many carbohydrates... I just think it's overkill is all.

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 11:14:42 AM »
this just in "100% of IFBB pro lie!!"

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »
this just in "100% of IFBB pro lie!!"
Truest post I've read on here in a long time. Thanks for the breath of fresh air, donation.
?