Author Topic: FlaxseedOilShteel, what's your take on insulin sensitivity...  (Read 7786 times)

Alex23

FlaxseedOilShteel, what's your take on insulin sensitivity...
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »
... as you started thining down? Did you see any improvements in utilization and responsiveness?

Discuss.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: FlaxseedOilShteel, what's your take on insulin sensitivity...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »

im not flex

but

if you wanna know about lean dudes vs. fat dudes on carb intake

keep your fat intake minimal and your protein intake high and as long as your training hard you wont get fat even if your eating TONS of carbs.

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:25:08 PM »
Well it's obvious that the fatter the more resistant your are to insulin.

Now how lean do you have to get to become "visibly" more sensitive? Is Keto shit the best approach for a fatter beast to reach leanerness?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »
Well it's obvious that the fatter the more resistant your are to insulin.

Now how lean do you have to get to become "visibly" more sensitive? Is Keto shit the best approach for a fatter beast to reach leanerness?

define insulin resistance

but you can have insulin resistant fat cels and insulin sensitive muscle cells. and vice versa.

insulin resistance in cells is dicated by how "full" they are of whatever they carry.

one weight trainign session depleting a fat dudes glycogen immidetly sensitizes his muscle cells to insulin.

one meal which causes fat cells to become filled in a skinny dude will immidietly cause his fat cells to become insulin resistant.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:18 AM »
im not flex

but

keep your fat intake minimal and your protein intake high and as long as your training hard you wont get fat even if your eating TONS of carbs.

define minimal
tank u jesus

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:32:18 AM »
im not flex

but

Totally wrong son!!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:51 AM »
Totally wrong son!!

wes keeping it real!

Alex23

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
I'm totally confused now... I read Chris Aceto's book some month back and he mentioned 10-12% bf is the optimal range for insulin sensitivity; the fatter you are the more resistant you get, hence fatoses with type II. too lean, the body is fighting to stay in homeostatsis and overreacts to insulin...

I'm no poindexter how focuses on science shit yet has no physique nor am I a juicer / insuliner, I was just asking flaxington when did he start noticing a change in his body's response but I think he is pounting... ;D

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »
I'm totally confused now... I read Chris Aceto's book some month back and he mentioned 10-12% bf is the optimal range for insulin sensitivity; the fatter you are the more resistant you get, hence fatoses with type II. too lean, the body is fighting to stay in homeostatsis and overreacts to insulin...

I'm no poindexter how focuses on science shit yet has no physique nor am I a juicer / insuliner, I was just asking flaxington when did he start noticing a change in his body's response but I think he is pounting... ;D

in english?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:56 PM »
Totally wrong son!!
and why is that ?

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
in english?

That's the best I can do with my limited skills...

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
That's the best I can do with my limited skills...

dont listen to the haterz king23    they are jealous of your sucess

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »
im not flex

but

I'll tend to agree with this.

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
I'll tend to agree with this.

Majeeb-Durkah, what's your take on separating oil/fats and starchy carbs in different meals? Many say the combination throws your pancreas out and tends to mess up digestion and enzymes to the point of promoting fat storage. Suddently spags and meatballs isn't as attrractive... but a hot pinky ravioli still is, for different purposes.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »

Majeeb-Durkah, what's your take on separating oil/fats and starchy carbs in different meals? Many say the combination throws your pancreas out and tends to mess up digestion and enzymes to the point of promoting fat storage. Suddently spags and meatballs isn't as attrractive... but a hot pinky ravioli still is, for different purposes.

Not sure if i'd agree with fat storage from that, I guess it would depend on the individual and just how many starchy carbs the person was taking in. But it would probably be more a maintenance of bodyfat %, while gaining lean mass. For leaning out, I think keto is the best in every way, but for bulking doing something like what tbombz suggested would work nicely. What kind've diet are you on now, Alex?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »
define minimal
hey boddy

well... for example if you wanted to eat clean with high carbs minimal fat, many bodybuilder eat somethink like brown rice with lea steak. both brown rice and lean steak contain some fats. when keeping fat intake minimal, one wouldnt mind with these 'trace fats',,,, but would not add in any extra fat at all other than whats found in their proteins and carbs.

Alex23

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »
Not sure if i'd agree with fat storage from that, I guess it would depend on the individual and just how many starchy carbs the person was taking in. But it would probably be more a maintenance of bodyfat %, while gaining lean mass. For leaning out, I think keto is the best in every way, but for bulking doing something like what tbombz suggested would work nicely. What kind've diet are you on now, Alex?

I figured.

These days I probably take in 300g-400g of carbs or so, mainly in the morning pre and post training. I rarely eat any starchy food after 6PM. I take in about 3000 calories. I train 6 days a week for the first time in my life but I'm extremely strong for my size. I'm down to about 240-245 from 250+, quite round still but have no interest in being stringy and deflated, hence the higher carbs. My goal is 230 range with decent proportions... Check my vids...

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »
I figured.

These days I probably take in 300g-400g of carbs or so, mainly in the morning pre and post training. I rarely eat any starchy food after 6PM. I take in about 3000 calories. I train 6 days a week for the first time in my life but I'm extremely strong for my size. I'm down to about 240-245 from 250+, quite round still but have no interest in being stringy and deflated, hence the higher carbs. My goal is 230 range with decent proportions... Check my vids...

Yeah that sounds pretty solid, probably staying really full with those carbs. The only thing I hate about the keto diet is how flat it makes you. No carbs means you hold no water which means alot of weight drop at the start... kind've a blow to the ego i guess but it doesn't matter too much.

I do know one guy that does something like what you mentioned though... he can't handle eating the amount of carbs needed to get all his calories in, so he has protein/fat only meals for half of his meals(seeing as you can get the calories in easily with fats), and usually high carbs in the morning and pre/post workout. It seems to work well for him in terms of gains and maintenance of bf levels.

Alex23

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
Yeah that sounds pretty solid, probably staying really full with those carbs. The only thing I hate about the keto diet is how flat it makes you. No carbs means you hold no water which means alot of weight drop at the start... kind've a blow to the ego i guess but it doesn't matter too much.

I do know one guy that does something like what you mentioned though... he can't handle eating the amount of carbs needed to get all his calories in, so he has protein/fat only meals for half of his meals(seeing as you can get the calories in easily with fats), and usually high carbs in the morning and pre/post workout. It seems to work well for him in terms of gains and maintenance of bf levels.

Excellent, that's what I'm looking for. I've actually seen some "depuffing" following that "regiment" but still get that "fullness" feeling... usually day 5-6-7 start cutting down the carbs, then on day 1 start upping it again until day 3 (legs), my routine kidna looks like this:

monday: chest - triceps - abs, 300-400g carbs
tuesday: back tickness - biceps - abs, 400-500g carbs
wednesday: legs - 500g carbs
Thursday: triceps - light chest - 200g carbs
friday: biceps - back width - 200g carbs
saturday: shoulder - light quads - 200g
sunday: off 0-100g carbs

Where calories intake is pretty much constant to 3000 only macronutrients are shuffled....

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Looks like you've got everything figured out pretty well. I'd stick with that for awhile, you should do really well with it.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
im not flex

but

I do the complete opposite to get lean. Although I keep my protien in the 220-250 range, I keep my fats fairly high (red meat, nuts, ect.) and my carbs on the lower end (180-250). I keep a very strict, boring diet and do no cardio until 6 weeks out. I am down 19 lbs in 4 weeks with 11 to go.

Alex23

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »
I do the complete opposite to get lean. Although I keep my protien in the 220-250 range, I keep my fats fairly high (red meat, nuts, ect.) and my carbs on the lower end (180-250). I keep a very strict, boring diet and do no cardio until 6 weeks out. I am down 19 lbs in 4 weeks with 11 to go.

Has Beens, now here's a guy I would listen to once I firmly decide to do that bodybuilding thing.... would you take a noob under your wing big guy?

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »

Has Beens, now here's a guy I would listen to once I firmly decide to do that bodybuilding thing.... would you take a noob under your wing big guy?

LOL....nothing big about me, I am about to wither away !..I will be glad to help any way I can.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »

Approximately how much fat do you eat? what kind of fat sources do you go for?
Your carb/protein ratios are very similar to mine, but fat i am only having one lean red meat meal a day + 2 whole eggs. might not be good enough.
tank u jesus