Author Topic: Do you need to train arms while bulking?  (Read 4930 times)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Do you need to train arms while bulking?
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:49:24 PM »
I havent trained arms for a month but have trained everything hard and heavy, arms are sore after a back day. Anyway, i havent noticed any real difference in terms of arms losing size or definition whilst having the winter coat on? Any thoughts?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Do you need to train arms while bulking?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »
PS yet should i say the winter fat suit :-)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
wont do any harm mate.

dont go crazy though i am sure some direct stimulation will certainly work

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
A couple of sets of curls/extensions after a workout won't do any harm.

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
i do 2 sets of close grip presses and 3 sets of barbell curls a week, still managed to gain half an inch while bulking ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »
Just because you haven't lost anything during the last while doesn't mean that what you're doing is as effective, because it doesn't take as much to maintain vs. building. Work the arms.

Balloon

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
Don't listen to garbage like "u don't need to train forearms, they get enough work from heavy deads/rows"

The guys sayin this have genetically great forearms, u def need to work everything directly if ur not genetically blessed./

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:25 AM »
It would be like icing on a cake, for most guy's, to throw in  two sets of heavy BB curls and Skullcrushers. Along the line of what leonp1981 suggest. Those curls and extensions should help with you main pushing and pressing exercises anyway. But than again, only 2 sets at the most. Good Luck.
F

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »
Why in the hell wouldn't you train arms???

Two bodyparts that can never be too big are arms and shoulders

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »

never a truer word spoken....... arms are the bodybuilding showpeice, ive never been a beleiver in this u dont need to train arms if you train back and chest heavy, its fuckn bullshit, never seen anyone on stage who follows that advice

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »

never a truer word spoken....... arms are the bodybuilding showpeice, ive never been a beleiver in this u dont need to train arms if you train back and chest heavy, its fuckn bullshit, never seen anyone on stage who follows that advice

Thank you.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
I havent trained arms for a month but have trained everything hard and heavy, arms are sore after a back day. Anyway, i havent noticed any real difference in terms of arms losing size or definition whilst having the winter coat on? Any thoughts?

You should train every bodypart, are you one of them guys who dont train legs?

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 05:10:00 AM »

I don't understand why you would not want to train arms whilst trying to get bigger if you love lifting.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 08:07:05 AM »

always train your arms. And if possible have a SPECIAL DAY for arms - bis and tris.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »
I don't understand why you would not want to train arms whilst trying to get bigger if you love lifting.

Yeah - i do usually - its just i meant if you were struggling for time, and could only get say 3 visits in a week, you are kinda working them on other exercises anyway, whereas for instnace, if you dont train chest, you dont work it at all. In other words, in the winter or when you dont have time with work, if one set has to be dropped, its usually arms for me, as they still get worked

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »
I would never dream of NOT training arms.

HE-MAN2012

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
I would say it depends on whether arms are a strong or weak point. If you're arms are already one of your stronger points, you can save your energy for other stuff, and the arms will still be worked by other exercises anyway.
If they are a weak point they need to be trained or else everything else will keep getting bigger, making the arms appear even smaller, which is what happened to me. I figured oh my arms get trained with other movement, which the did but they didn't get big enough in proportion with the rest, so now they look small.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »
Don't listen to garbage like "u don't need to train forearms, they get enough work from heavy deads/rows"

The guys sayin this have genetically great forearms, u def need to work everything directly if ur not genetically blessed./

I would never dream of NOT training arms.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
i agree candi, not directly training arms is a ridiculous idea, 9-10 sets apiece for bi's and tri's is mandatory.