Author Topic: Fuck political correctness  (Read 2469 times)

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
Fuck political correctness
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
I'm so sick and tired of seeing every minority get outraged when they think they see something that might be, if they look at it and squint, possibly in some form racist. It's absurd.

Every time there is some incident where something seems remotely racist if interpreted the wrong way, minority groups get outraged and start protests and try to get people fired or sued.

Example 1: A cartoon recently done about the Monkey attack showed police shooting the monkey and saying "I guess we'll have to find someone else to write the stimulus bill."
This MUST be racist, right? After all. It shows a chimpanzee and that MUST be in reference to Obama. Right? Wrong.
Anyone who thinks that this cartoon is racist is FUCKING STUPID.
Obama did not write the stimulus bill. It was mostly written by higher up democrats in congress, pelosi included. (The creator of this comic even said that.

The Comic is obviously making fun of the Stimulus bill, claiming it looked like it was written by a monkey.

There is no allusions to Obama here, since he didn't write it.

Also....HOW MANY TIMES HAS BUSH BEEN COMPARED TO A MONKEY? Why is there a double standard? Just because he is white? That is hypocrisy.

Example 2: Milley Cyrus had a photograph taken of her and some friends pulling their eyes to make it seem like they looked Asian (the picture even included some of her Asian friends doing the SAME).
What happens? You guessed it. Ignorant Asian groups get up in arms over the photograph, threaten to boycott her and go on talkshows to to attack her.
It's obviously that she's not racist, she was making a harmless gesture among her Asian friends. It wasn't meant to be offensive and if anyone finds it offensive, they are overly sensitive.
Now, I heard on T.V. last night that Cyrus is getting SUED for 4 MILLION DOLLARS for making the gestures?
This is still America isn't it? I'm thinking not.

Minority groups have no more reason to exist. Racism is essentially dead in America, and so Minority groups that try to fight for minorities are themselves becoming racist because of their exclusivity and bias.

Minority groups have nothing left to fight for, so they INVENT things to get angry and up in arms about for media attention and perhaps money from donations. This is what they do now and this is all they can do. They are obsolete, and should open their damn eyes and see that America isn't the same as it was in the 60s or the 30s. Racism exists only among the most extreme and discrimination is so rare that they have to resort to making it up for attention.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Fuck political correctness
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »
I agree 100000% with your sentiments-- however, racism is definetly not dead in America. Everyone still hates everyone else, only now its stigmatized to the point of racial mcarthyism.

On another note-- If anyone watched real sports this week and saw the story about that black former baseball player- Bobby something, and his son being shot right in front of him on his property when two white cops pulled him over (because they ran the wrong license plates) and shoved his mother to the ground while in her nightgown-- Try explaining to them that theres no racism in America anymore.

There will always be racism- Instead of whining about it and trying to turn molehills into mountains- people need to get on with their lives and focus on the story I just mentioned instead of whether a political cartoonist compared Obama to a monkey ( and if he did, so fucking what!?!?)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
The US already has a black president.  That's a huge step away from racism, and that's great.  But isn't being ultra sensitive to these type of things only holding back change and holding on to a racist past?  The cartoonist already explained his original intentions.  Had he been intentionally racist by his cartoon, then that would have been definitely wrong.

You can't have it both ways...wanting to quickly move away from a racist past, while at the same time being ultra-sensitive and expecting the world to walk on egg shells about stuff like this.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
I'm so sick and tired of seeing every minority get outraged when they think they see something that might be, if they look at it and squint, possibly in some form racist. It's absurd.

Every time there is some incident where something seems remotely racist if interpreted the wrong way, minority groups get outraged and start protests and try to get people fired or sued.

Example 1: A cartoon recently done about the Monkey attack showed police shooting the monkey and saying "I guess we'll have to find someone else to write the stimulus bill."
This MUST be racist, right? After all. It shows a chimpanzee and that MUST be in reference to Obama. Right? Wrong.
Anyone who thinks that this cartoon is racist is FUCKING STUPID.
Obama did not write the stimulus bill. It was mostly written by higher up democrats in congress, pelosi included. (The creator of this comic even said that.

The Comic is obviously making fun of the Stimulus bill, claiming it looked like it was written by a monkey.

There is no allusions to Obama here, since he didn't write it.

Also....HOW MANY TIMES HAS BUSH BEEN COMPARED TO A MONKEY? Why is there a double standard? Just because he is white? That is hypocrisy.

Example 2: Milley Cyrus had a photograph taken of her and some friends pulling their eyes to make it seem like they looked Asian (the picture even included some of her Asian friends doing the SAME).
What happens? You guessed it. Ignorant Asian groups get up in arms over the photograph, threaten to boycott her and go on talkshows to to attack her.
It's obviously that she's not racist, she was making a harmless gesture among her Asian friends. It wasn't meant to be offensive and if anyone finds it offensive, they are overly sensitive.
Now, I heard on T.V. last night that Cyrus is getting SUED for 4 MILLION DOLLARS for making the gestures?
This is still America isn't it? I'm thinking not.

Minority groups have no more reason to exist. Racism is essentially dead in America, and so Minority groups that try to fight for minorities are themselves becoming racist because of their exclusivity and bias.

Minority groups have nothing left to fight for, so they INVENT things to get angry and up in arms about for media attention and perhaps money from donations. This is what they do now and this is all they can do. They are obsolete, and should open their damn eyes and see that America isn't the same as it was in the 60s or the 30s. Racism exists only among the most extreme and discrimination is so rare that they have to resort to making it up for attention.

U are not a Lib...good post.
L

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
I partially agree and I'm a minority in the US, but like George Whorewell said, racism is definetly not dead in the US yet.

2004 RACE DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT AGAINST CRACKER BARREL

MONDAY, MAY 3, 2004
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SETTLES RACE DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT AGAINST CRACKER BARREL RESTAURANT CHAIN

The Justice Department's complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel violated Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by engaging in a pattern or practice of discrimination against African-American customers and prospective customers on the basis of their race or color. Specifically, the complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel:

- allowed white servers to refuse to wait on African-American customers;
- segregated customer seating by race;
- seated white customers before African-American customers who arrived earlier;
- provided inferior service to African-American customers after they were seated; and
- treated African-Americans who complained about the quality of Cracker Barrel's food or service less favorably than white customers who lodged similar complaints.

The Justice Department's investigation revealed evidence of such conduct in approximately 50 different Cracker Barrel restaurants in seven states: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

United States Department of Justice
http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_crt_288.htm

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
I partially agree and I'm a minority in the US, but like George Whorewell said, racism is definetly not dead in the US yet.

MONDAY, MAY 3, 2004
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SETTLES RACE DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT AGAINST CRACKER BARREL RESTAURANT CHAIN

The Justice Department's complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel violated Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by engaging in a pattern or practice of discrimination against African-American customers and prospective customers on the basis of their race or color. Specifically, the complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel:

- provided inferior service to African-American customers after they were seated; and
- treated African-Americans who complained about the quality of Cracker Barrel's food or service less favorably than white customers who lodged similar complaints.

The Justice Department's investigation revealed evidence of such conduct in approximately 50 different Cracker Barrel restaurants in seven states: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

No one wants to sit next to black people in the restaurant. It's worse than sitting next to a table full of children.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
I've gotten horrible service at Cracker barrel but they're the only chain breakfast place that serves real maple syrup.
L

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

U are not a Lib...good post.

WRONG. I am a Liberal. That's why I support FREE SPEECH and I'm aware of race baiters.

Political correctness is not liberalism, it's modern pseudo-tolerantism.

Just like these ideas invading Europe that it's ok to PUNISH people for saying Islam is a fascist religion and a religion of violence. Or ok to send someone to jail for expressing wrong views about the holocaust.

This is NOT Liberalism, It's ANTI Liberalism because it's anti-free speech and reactionism.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »

MONDAY, MAY 3, 2004

Probably a lot of conflated B.S. (or 1 restaurant with a racist manager)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »

It's 4 BILLION

www.usnews.com

Miley Cyrus Sued for $4 Billion Over "Slanted Eye" Photo
February 13, 2009 11:55 AM ET | Kimberly Castro | Permanent Link | Print
"I was simply making a goofy face," blogged Miley Cyrus in a response to a photo in which the Disney star and her friends are seen pulling their eyes into a slant. Oh, Miley. Your mea culpa for the racially offensive gesture just wasn't enough.

A Los Angeles woman has filed a $4 billion class-action lawsuit against the 16-year-old on behalf of the city's entire Asian-Pacific Islander population, claiming they are entitled to civil rights damages.

The court documents, filed in L.A. County Superior Court yesterday, show that Lucie J. Kim is asking for $4,000 damages per potential claimant. Kim claims that Miley Cyrus "should have known that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life."

R

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
It's 4 BILLION

www.usnews.com

"I was simply making a goofy face," blogged Miley Cyrus in a response to a photo in which the Disney star and her friends are seen pulling their eyes into a slant. Oh, Miley. Your mea culpa for the racially offensive gesture just wasn't enough.

A Los Angeles woman has filed a $4 billion class-action lawsuit against the 16-year-old on behalf of the city's entire Asian-Pacific Islander population, claiming they are entitled to civil rights damages.

The court documents, filed in L.A. County Superior Court yesterday, show that Lucie J. Kim is asking for $4,000 damages per potential claimant. Kim claims that Miley Cyrus "should have known that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life."

Oh God damnit!!!!

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
It's 4 BILLION

www.usnews.com

utterly ridiculous.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »
Here we go ...another outraged cracker who doesn't realize whitie is the MINORITY in america and the MINORITY in the world. Tisk Tisk for being so stupid...

But be angry...everyone understands...(hahaha) whites took your pensions, took your jobs, took your savings, took your home, took your car, took your future...THAT PALE FACED BASTARD TOOK EVERYTHING FROM YOU...and now you need someone to be the whipping post.... Enter Black man...

I still have my job, home, car, future.
Never had savings...

BTW, What makes you say I'm a Cracker?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
I'm white..I have 2 cars...2 homes (thanks to said minorities killing the market) nobody's taken shit from me. I've never owned slaves, so why is this my fault.
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »
Sometimes the most politically incoreect thing to do, is the most correct thing to do.

I'm white..I have 2 cars...2 homes (thanks to said minorities killing the market) nobody's taken shit from me. I've never owned slaves, so why is this my fault.

And whites who buy everything on credit. I used to live in Montgomery Co, MD, which is one of the richest counties in the nation, I believe second to Howard, Co, MD, MoCo, used to be tops. I know white people who buy all there gizmos on such on credit, and have been eating their house. A co-worker from down there was telling of a dude who just lost his 911 Turbo he JUST bought.  SO don't just blame minorities for the issues, and housing market, there are many people, who the lenders KNEW couldn't afford the payments, yet still lent the dough...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
Sometimes the most politically incoreect thing to do, is the most correct thing to do.

And whites who buy everything on credit. I used to live in Montgomery Co, MD, which is one of the richest counties in the nation, I believe second to Howard, Co, MD, MoCo, used to be tops. I know white people who buy all there gizmos on such on credit, and have been eating their house. A co-worker from down there was telling of a dude who just lost his 911 Turbo he JUST bought.  SO don't just blame minorities for the issues, and housing market, there are many people, who the lenders KNEW couldn't afford the payments, yet still lent the dough...

I just bought a house in Cali for $220K that sold three years ago for $460K.

Foreclosure.  Funny as shit that someone paid almost half a mil for this place. Nice place, but not 'half a mil' nice.

People bought anything for anything, then reality caught up to them...

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
Idiots are responsible for this economic crisis. Stupid people trying to buy houses that they could never afford.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
Parker..credit cards aren't the issue....its the housing market. Its no pay stub/credit check loans....its amrs that people knew they'd never refi because their credit/debt or income would never allow. I am blaming groups like ACORN who pushed this shit. The sooner we admit how and why we got here, the quicker we can get out.
L

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
ALL PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD can be basically brought back to the fact that 1 thing is lacking among people.

This one thing is called INTELLIGENCE.

If people were more INTELLIGENT they wouldn't try to buy homes that they could never afford. Or cars. Or anything else.

If people were more intelligent we would have drug problems in the world.

We wouldn't have religious violence or problems in the middle east.

We wouldn't have economic woes.

We wouldn't have many health problems.

We wouldn't have educational problems.

We wouldn't have civil liberties problems.

Intelligence is the key here. Without it...The world is FUCKED.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:41 PM »
Blacks do have higher Test than Whites, and this contributes to their behaviors, that often lands them in prison, and lands them multimillion dollar football contracts.  But what is mostly responsible is the media.  If you watch MTV or VH1 or BET, you can't deny that blacks are portrayed in a way that makes them feel their value is based on material things.  Its all about bling, rides, and bitches.  This influence not only affects blacks but also affects young whites.  The media allows this because it sells product, that in turn keeps the advertising dollars rolling in.  If blacks want to be respected they need to look at what really determines their net worth.  They need to pay off all their dept.  Pay off their House, and not buy more house than they can afford.  They need to completely change their image culturally, before they will earn the respect of others.  They need to be willing to work hard and get an education instead of chasing get rich quick schemes.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »
Political correctness is all a bunch of bullshit. So I can't go around calling some one a ignorant monkey, doesn't change how I feel, or anyone else for that matter. All it does is keep people from saying whats on their minds, does not change how they feel or will act towards someone.

h

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
for me the issue with the cartoon is NOT one of political correctness.  I don't like PC either.  My criticism of the cartoon is valid imo.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=265100.0

also, the comparison to bush is bad.  Bush was illustrated as a monkey because he looks like a monkey.  When you characture Bush he even looks more like a monkey so it's easy to go there.  Even his facial expressions are very ape like.  A monkey is a natural characture of Bush.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »
I've never owned slaves, so why is this my fault.

It's not your fault. History is history.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 05:43:59 AM »
We're all poor people here, none of us would have even had enough $ to own slaves.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 06:05:14 AM »

Damn right! 

Go into any mall and see all these Soccer Sluts with their bitch daughters running up the credit cards on garbage.

Disgraceful.