Author Topic: Fuck political correctness  (Read 2414 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Fuck political correctness
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »
I'm so sick and tired of seeing every minority get outraged when they think they see something that might be, if they look at it and squint, possibly in some form racist. It's absurd.

Every time there is some incident where something seems remotely racist if interpreted the wrong way, minority groups get outraged and start protests and try to get people fired or sued.

Example 1: A cartoon recently done about the Monkey attack showed police shooting the monkey and saying "I guess we'll have to find someone else to write the stimulus bill."
This MUST be racist, right? After all. It shows a chimpanzee and that MUST be in reference to Obama. Right? Wrong.
Anyone who thinks that this cartoon is racist is FUCKING STUPID.
Obama did not write the stimulus bill. It was mostly written by higher up democrats in congress, pelosi included. (The creator of this comic even said that.

The Comic is obviously making fun of the Stimulus bill, claiming it looked like it was written by a monkey.

There is no allusions to Obama here, since he didn't write it.

Also....HOW MANY TIMES HAS BUSH BEEN COMPARED TO A MONKEY? Why is there a double standard? Just because he is white? That is hypocrisy.

Example 2: Milley Cyrus had a photograph taken of her and some friends pulling their eyes to make it seem like they looked Asian (the picture even included some of her Asian friends doing the SAME).
What happens? You guessed it. Ignorant Asian groups get up in arms over the photograph, threaten to boycott her and go on talkshows to to attack her.
It's obviously that she's not racist, she was making a harmless gesture among her Asian friends. It wasn't meant to be offensive and if anyone finds it offensive, they are overly sensitive.
Now, I heard on T.V. last night that Cyrus is getting SUED for 4 MILLION DOLLARS for making the gestures?
This is still America isn't it? I'm thinking not.

Minority groups have no more reason to exist. Racism is essentially dead in America, and so Minority groups that try to fight for minorities are themselves becoming racist because of their exclusivity and bias.

Minority groups have nothing left to fight for, so they INVENT things to get angry and up in arms about for media attention and perhaps money from donations. This is what they do now and this is all they can do. They are obsolete, and should open their damn eyes and see that America isn't the same as it was in the 60s or the 30s. Racism exists only among the most extreme and discrimination is so rare that they have to resort to making it up for attention.

::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »
Parker..credit cards aren't the issue....its the housing market. Its no pay stub/credit check loans....its amrs that people knew they'd never refi because their credit/debt or income would never allow. I am blaming groups like ACORN who pushed this shit. The sooner we admit how and why we got here, the quicker we can get out.

I agree, but I wasn't talking about credit cards per se, tha guy I was talking about with the 911 Turbo, he was using his house to get it.  I also agree with what Liberalismo said, if people made more intelligent decisions, then we wouldn't be in this predicament.

But, I know 20 somethings in that same area, that everything they have bought on credit, and have paid for weddings on it, yet they can't afford jack...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »

Probably a lot of conflated B.S. (or 1 restaurant with a racist manager)

I don't think so.  I present you with evidence that racism in the US is far from dead and this is all you have to say, you ignore the evidence?  You've made up your mind about this already and nothing can change that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »
ALL PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD can be basically brought back to the fact that 1 thing is lacking among people.

This one thing is called INTELLIGENCE.

If people were more INTELLIGENT they wouldn't try to buy homes that they could never afford. Or cars. Or anything else.

If people were more intelligent we would have drug problems in the world.

We wouldn't have religious violence or problems in the middle east.

We wouldn't have economic woes.

We wouldn't have many health problems.

We wouldn't have educational problems.

We wouldn't have civil liberties problems.

Intelligence is the key here. Without it...The world is FUCKED.

Do you really believe this?  You must be joking!  Most of the serious problems the world has today, including the economic crisis, have nothing to do with intelligence or education, or the lack thereof.  They have everything to do with immorality, greed, dishonesty, the love of money, materialism, the pursuit of power, etc.

You can't cure greed and dishonesty with intelligence and education.  If anything, intelligence and education might only make these worse.  If you are a crook, intelligence and education will only make you a bigger, sneakier, more clever crook.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 08:11:32 AM »
It's doubtful that the particular monkey cartoon in question actually caused mass outrage.  A rising of the eyebrows, perhaps.

The New York Post knew what it was doing.  It was selling newspapers.  It was selling newspapers in a time when the newspaper business is in financial trouble.  It knew it was going to get some major heat and criticism.  While Sharpton, race-hustlers, race baiters, and the generally misinformed stalked about their front steps, people were more intrigued in buying and talking about the paper.

Of course major media seized upon it and thrusted a somewhat dicey and edgey cartoon to the front of the headlines in a faux outrage.  White on black racism, perceived or actual, sells.  

The color involved here was not black or white.  It was green.  Expect more "shocking" stories to come out of the troubled newspaper outlets.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »
Do you really believe this?  You must be joking!  Most of the serious problems the world has today, including the economic crisis, have nothing to do with intelligence or education, or the lack thereof.  They have everything to do with immorality, greed, dishonesty, the love of money, materialism, the pursue of power, etc.

You can't cure greed and dishonesty with intelligence and education.  If anything, intelligence and education might only make these worse.   If you are a crook, intelligence and education will only make you a bigger, sneakier, more clever crook.

Oh brother.

You're not a big fan of enlightment, eh?

This may be the creepiest thing I've read on this site.

Ever.

Didn't the Khmer Rouge, the Nazi's, and the Culture Revolutionists in China reason in a similar fashion?

As well as the Christian Church in the medieval centuries.

All of them opposed intelligence and education.

Made life hard for guys like Galilei.
As empty as paradise

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »
...and the more divisive black leaders fuel past fires and over-react to every issue by isolating and separating 'the black community' from the rest of American, the more it contributes to continued racism.  How elementary.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 08:27:11 AM »

Oh brother.

You're not a big fan of enlightment, eh?

This may be the creepiest thing I've read on this site.

Ever.

Didn't the Khmer Rouge, the Nazi's, and the Culture Revolutionists in China reason in a similar fashion?

As well as the Christian Church in the medieval centuries.

All of them opposed intelligence and education.

Made life hard for guys like Galilei.

That's not what I meant, Hedge, and you know it!  I'm all for intelligence and education.  I'm just disagreeing with liberalismo that intelligence and education are the cure for all of the world's problems and that the lack thereof is the root of the world's problems. 

Is there no truth to the statement of mine which you highlighted?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty obvious he meant more educated people scheme on larger, more lucrative playing fields. What high-school drop out drug dealer was going to orchestrate the Maddoff ponzi scheme?

...and the more divisive black leaders fuel past fires and over-react to every issue by isolating and separating 'the black community' from the rest of American, the more it contributes to continued racism.  How elementary.

Happens among every subset in America. People don't pay as much attention when it involves political or religious groups with which they agree.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty obvious he meant more educated people scheme on larger, more lucrative playing fields. What high-school drop out drug dealer was going to orchestrate the Maddoff ponzi scheme?

Exactly!  Thank you!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
Do you really believe this?  You must be joking!  Most of the serious problems the world has today, including the economic crisis, have nothing to do with intelligence or education, or the lack thereof.  They have everything to do with immorality, greed, dishonesty, the love of money, materialism, the pursuit of power, etc.

You can't cure greed and dishonesty with intelligence and education.  If anything, intelligence and education might only make these worse.  If you are a crook, intelligence and education will only make you a bigger, sneakier, more clever crook.

I agree.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »

Immorality, greed, dishonesty, etc. all stem from lack of certain areas of intelligence, be it emotional intelligence or basic common sense. People who are intelligent in all general areas won't be immoral because they will know why immoral things are wrong to do and will have the mental capacity to feel bad when they do bad and have more ability to empathize. The so called "smart criminals" are only intelligent in a single area of intelligence ( logical-mathematical, etc) opposed to inter or intra personal.
People who are intelligent in all general areas won't lie either, because they will know that dishonesty in the long run will hurt them as well as society. They also will have nothing to hide.