Author Topic: Current or former addicts or alcoholics? How has it affected your training?  (Read 5129 times)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
I am a recovering alcoholic, for years I drank almost daily consuming 8-12 beers a day. I continued to make size + strength gains and was fortunate enough to not get hang overs when I just drank beer. I also had no trouble getting leaner when I had to cut weight. Unfortunatly my liver enzymes were on the high end of a blood test so I decided it was best to stop drinking.

How has alcoholism/drug addiction affected your training?

thanks for you time and for sharing.
shotgun on the team

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I am a recovering alcoholic, for years I drank almost daily consuming 8-12 beers a day. I continued to make size + strength gains and was fortunate enough to not get hang overs when I just drank beer. I also had no trouble getting leaner when I had to cut weight. Unfortunatly my liver enzymes were on the high end of a blood test so I decided it was best to stop drinking.

Sometimes I'll be laying back in my chair, with a bottle of Jack Daniels....

And i'll just be lookin across the room at my lil' home gym set up, I'll see 495 on the bar... I think to myself ....

"I should go over there and knock out 20 or so bench press reps"

Instead, I lay back and enjoy the smooth, charcoal, amber current flow down my throat.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
I used ecstacy and marijuana fairly regularily for a long period of time in the past. The result of this is long term mild/moderate depression and anxiety. How it affects my training is that I am not as motivated as I could be.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
I am a recovering alcoholic, for years I drank almost daily consuming 8-12 beers a day.

That's not alcoholism. 8 beers is nothing. hahaha have a drink man.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
That's not alcoholism. 8 beers is nothing. hahaha have a drink man.

Yah I guess it wasnt that bad, I would pace myself and not usually get "shitfaced". I would start at perhaps 3 in the afternoon and stop at around midnight. Sometimes more on the weekends. I just really liked the taste of cold beer. It was enough to start effecting my liver though so I think cutting out alcohol was the right move.
shotgun on the team

robins

• Getbig III
I saw your thread on "going into rehab" Mussolini. If i understood correctly your now out of rehab and doing ok? Did you have any troubling moments yet?

fredrollon

• Getbig III
As long as you weren't drinking those 8-12 beers in one sitting, I wouldn't call you an alcoholic.
You were a heavy drinker,but I don't feel you crossed the dipsomaniac line .

:)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
As long as you weren't drinking those 8-12 beers in one sitting, I wouldn't call you an alcoholic.
You were a heavy drinker,but I don't feel you crossed the dipsomaniac line .

:)

What, are you stupid? 8-12 0.5l beers every day IS an alcoholic. If you deny that, you probably have an alcohol problem as well.

jwb

• Getbig V
how long was it taking you to drink 12 beers each night?

fredrollon

• Getbig III
What, are you stupid? 8-12 0.5l beers every day IS an alcoholic. If you deny that, you probably have an alcohol problem as well.

Yes.... :-\

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
Re: Current or former addicts or alcoholics? How has it affected your training?
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:51:43 AM »

aren't you some mung bean eating 130lb vegan, teetotal, elastic band training type?

8 beers a day is nothing for a real man.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:56:50 AM »
aren't you some mung bean eating 130lb vegan, teetotal, elastic band training type?

8 beers a day is nothing for a real man.

Yeah right, Aikido master. STFU.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:01:37 AM »
Aikido master

We're all cage fighters and martial artists here.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 01:08:11 AM »
Being in the party scene, I used to do a lot of coke and GHB along with steroids, it just seemed to come natural together, I guess like alcohol and smoking is sort of accepted socially. I still party once in a blue moon, but your training (not to mention your body) suffers like crazy from it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 06:06:09 AM »
hahaha addiction is for the weak minded !!!!

time for a drink
L

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 06:09:04 AM »
hahaha addiction is for the weak minded !!!!

time for a drink

couldn't have said it better.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »
I really had a problem with the shakes in the morning...so I just started drinking earlier,no problems anymore :)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »
I love drinking but it fucks my body up... I decided that I will only be drinking at weekends... no more drinks during the week... and I was in the 10 beers daily range... I admit I was becoming an alcoholic... latly I was becoming aggressive and I just don't want that...
S

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »

Nothing like a cold beer is there...Its just as you get older and the party dies down, fatty liver is not fun...One of the worst things a guy/gal can do is to take hormones and blast the liver with alcohol...Sure you can get away with it when you're younger but make no mistake, it will catch up with everyone sooner or later...Now with all the chemicals in the air/water/food, its just down right crazy to fuck with your liver like this...

I also have a theory that most people who are beer drinkers and have been for some time probably have problems with gluten and don't even know it...Let alone that all these people have an extremely Acidic body...Which means cancer will thrive in this type of system...

Its a shame that GHB is looked upon as Evil because it for sure can do wonders for Alcoholics...

My advice for Alcoholics is to

1.read up on Alkalining your system...

2.read up on gluten and its effect on the system

3. Look into switching to weed over Alcohol and the safest way is to vaporize the weed

4. Forget using hormones unless your liver enzymes are in a safe range and even then, really think about just HRT amounts

5. Whatever you are drinking for water, try to double it...But make sure you are drinking filtered water...Some day we are all going to see why water was the dirty secret of many problems in the world...We have been poisoned for some time now

6. Get yourself off all scrips for depression/anxiety etc...And look into natural "cures"...Including "Bright Light Therapy" ;)

7. Throw most of your vitamins down the toilet...Most are probably poisoning your system

8. Stop drinking milk and/or milk products...This shit grows fungus in the body and cancer thrives off fungus...Beer also grows fungus...So if you are going to drink, switch to Vodka or Wine...

9. Up your cardio to actual jogging...Be able to jog lightly for 5 miles...Walking on a treadmill isn't cardio and never was...

10. Be wary of every doctor on the planet...These people are helping in the killing of innocent humans...Become your own doctor...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=263470.0

thanx mate...appreciate it...i still cant pass one liquor shop on the road and wish i could just walk in get a fifth of remi go home turn on the tube and spend a few hours in oblivion...giggling at the most absurd things...

drunk driving and training drunk were a normal thing....hell teaching drunk ws normal...it felt normal...its only when i wasn't drunk ws when i'd get the jitters and couldn't drive or function...

ask Div..when he ws visiting...i'd ask him to drive EVERY single time we had to go someplace and i had not been drinking...of course my solution ws always to look under my bed..chug 1/2 a pint of straight liquor (emergency stash) and then i ws fine to go...whether be it gym or to get food

as for look better....everywhere i go i keep getting told that(that my skin looks better somehow)...and these were people that didn't know i used to drink like that in the first place...some i had not met in yrs
carpe` vaginum!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »
I find training takes too much time away from my drinking.....

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
Also if you drink a lot and have for some time but never got your liver checked, Cut back on your fat intake...People with Fatty liver can't break down fats like someone with a regular liver...And this will make your system run toxic...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »
I read somewehere that greentea with sugar can REALLY help your system to get rid of the alcohol drank the night/day before...
S

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »
My steroid addiction makes my training great

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
I read somewehere that greentea with sugar can REALLY help your system to get rid of the alcohol drank the night/day before...

i would drop the sugar and add Stevia in its place...