Author Topic: Arnold...  (Read 44517 times)

arnold5

• Getbig III
  • Arnold
Re: Arnold...
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 08:57:23 AM »
arnold is my hero
 ;D

(wide waist i dont think so)

pat_sky

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 10:35:57 AM »
(wide waist i dont think so)

Wide waist from front...

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »
Ok then, some pics from the "front".

Lies, damn lies and diets

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 06:47:50 PM »
Stunt get some more pics up of Arnold.  Arnold lived with Stunt while in Hawaii way back.  He has the best stories

Stuntmovie, any good arnold stories, come clean

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 11:56:34 AM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »
Oh shit! That picture was taken at the Outrigger Cinerama Reef Hotel way back before Arnold was a movie star. I think I am right in saying that was the same year he was discussing his participation in that "Hercules in NY" movie or whatever name that was.

How did you find that picture Knny?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07:30 PM »
I knew one of you guys would recognize that photo of Arnold & where it was taken.

Stunt....I just know where to search.  There's so many picture galleries of Arnold on the web that it can take weeks to search them all.  I was just browsing through some & stumbled across it.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 01:11:34 PM »
I've heard alot of negative stuff about arnold but without being there back then it's hard for me to judge a man. i do know that he has the perfect body in my opinion. i have read some of his books and the guy is a thinking machine, always finding ways to do something better than the next guy. awesome achievements throughout his life. i think his acting throughout the 80's and early 90's is incredible and he "really" made the terminator what it was through his cold accented voice and expressions.

8)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2005, 10:19:45 AM »
wide waist? Uneven biceps?

What the hell are you guys talking about? I'd take that anyday.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2005, 07:34:50 PM »
As Gene Mozee said, Arnold wouldn't be absolutely nothing without roids....
lord help us ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2005, 12:14:12 PM »
Gene I think was the first person to write an article on Arnold and take his pics for the mags.  I know he must have hundreds of pics at his place. 

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 12:14:49 AM »
Arnold is the most overhyped celebrity in history. He is a terrible actor and an even worse governor. Terminator and Terminator 2 are about the only Arnold films that aren't completely forgettable. The idea that Arnold is some great actor is simply ludicrous. He has never starred in an Oscar worthy film. He has never won an acting award of any significance. He is little more than a Hollywood oddity and overpaid action star.

Many of his bodybuilding wins were of dubious legitimacy. He never won any legitimate titles in the US, such as the AAU Mr. America. I think he competed against half a dozen people between 1970 and 1975. The IFBB was a joke back then.

Arnold is also one of the biggest bullshitters in history. He claims to have won the "German Powerlifting Championship" in 1968, yet no record exists of this event. He has claimed a 500 bench and a 700 deadlift, yet nobody has ever seen him lift anywhere near those poundages. All of his books and magazine articles were ghostwritten by professional writers. It's amazing how many people have bought into his crap over the years.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 08:27:34 AM »
Of all the past and present BB'ers, Arnold had the most street smart instincts (including stage smarts) combined with a clever intellect. A true entrepreneur in the spirit of Joe Weider and probably with the same level of scruples as Papa Joe.  I believe Arnold could survive and thrive in just about any environment by any means possible. He knew he could just go so far in BB'ing so branched out to movies when given the opportunity. Being a top money making movie star does not mean your a good actor. Winning acting awards is not the point, making big box office is. ( the Oscar's and Golden Globes for example have become highly political ...not so much about acting preformences anymore) The average movie fan wants personalties bigger than life in action flicks not a method actor in a movie about some dark , deep classic Greek drama. The fan base now is mid teens to late twenty's and they want macho action & thrown in sex for the hell of it movies.

Arnold had a outstanding upper body and could hold his own against some of the all time best. Too bad that outstanding upper body and his quads didn't showup at the 1980 Mr. O contest.  Personel view is that his best physical movie, where he looked his best, was Commando.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 12:11:31 PM »
If you notice most of the biggest paid actors are not good actors.  What they are, are money makers.  Their films are huge money makers for the studios.  If a movie makes big bucks you are going to make huge bucks too.  Jean Claude, Sly, Arnold, and others are huge stars cause their movies made big money and they are featured in films that are exciting with allot of action.  ALL actors based on what they do in a film are overpaid.  Most of them admit that.  As are many major sport athletes.  But, if what they do are bringing in major dollars then they are going to get a share of it.

I highly doubt Arnold has ever said he was a good actor at the least.  I was thinking about this last night a little when I saw the guy on TV pushing the Gazelle (Tony Little).  I see everyone on here ragging on this guy for being a nobody and pushing a stupid machine that does nothing. All a bunch of remarks puttng him down.  The funny thing is if you are going to put someone down then you should be better than they are.  If you are inferior to them how can you put them down.  That is basically JEALOUSLY.  Flat out.  Nothing less.  The funny thing is if he is so bad why is he (and others) so much more successful in terms of a carreer and money making.  What does that say to the person who puts him down. 

Same with Arnold, the people that put him down on here have done nothing remotely close to his success.  How he got there might not be exactly what some of us would do but no matter, he has done it.  He basically had a game plan when he moved to the US and he has followed it and acheived every goal he set for himself.  That says allot about him.  You might not like him or think he is great but you gotta give him credit, he did what he wanted to do and got everything he went after.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 12:56:20 PM »
Arnold is the most overhyped celebrity in history. He is a terrible actor and an even worse governor. Terminator and Terminator 2 are about the only Arnold films that aren't completely forgettable. The idea that Arnold is some great actor is simply ludicrous. He has never starred in an Oscar worthy film. He has never won an acting award of any significance. He is little more than a Hollywood oddity and overpaid action star.

Many of his bodybuilding wins were of dubious legitimacy. He never won any legitimate titles in the US, such as the AAU Mr. America. I think he competed against half a dozen people between 1970 and 1975. The IFBB was a joke back then.

Arnold is also one of the biggest bullshitters in history. He claims to have won the "German Powerlifting Championship" in 1968, yet no record exists of this event. He has claimed a 500 bench and a 700 deadlift, yet nobody has ever seen him lift anywhere near those poundages. All of his books and magazine articles were ghostwritten by professional writers. It's amazing how many people have bought into his crap over the years.
  Show us where there has ever been a statement regarding Arnold as a great actor. You must be too young to remember anything of significane with regards to Arnold's populartity boom and rising star. He was the butt of all jokes by anyone who thought he should be a serious actor. They all laughed at his one or 2 lines of dialogue in his first movies.
   I can tell you that Arnold was not bothered by it one bit, he made public jokes about it. He never said that he was going to win an oscar or that he ever wanted one.
His goal was to be a star the likes of Clint Eastwood, one who at the time was not known for great acting but a huge box office draw.
   Arnold lived up to his expectations and goals, and in fact achieved greater sucsess than even he could have dreamed of.

as far as his competive bodybuiling days the record stands you moron. He beat anybody and everybody who either held the title or had won any title he never competed for. What does that tell you? retard.
h

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 10:29:58 AM »
Arnold has a persona

he doesn't need to be a great actor to sell movies

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2006, 07:49:53 PM »
arnold is great i love all his movies (some exceptions) and his book.
bodybuildersreality.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 02:44:20 PM »

Lol

Something tells me that you're someone who likes to pick things appart to find the negativity in them :o :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »
I like this pic

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 09:31:10 PM »
I told Arnold, Ralph, Sven & a few others, one of my Hitler jokes one night at 'Cigar Night' at Shatzi.  Arnold and his entire table of friends laughed for 5 minutes at my joke.

Arnold's cool. ;D
a

superman84

• Getbig I
  • It's ain't over 'till it's over!
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2006, 12:53:27 PM »
I'll tell you just one thing - Arnold was/is the biggest man in bodybuilding.That's all from me(for now).
Work hard, think smart.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 04:22:59 AM »
As Gene Mozee said, Arnold wouldn't be absolutely nothing without roids AND a world-class work ethic.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2006, 09:25:17 PM »
Actually, Arnold has won an acting award.As to it's significance?,...beats me as i'm no actor but it was touted as being significant from what i've read.The award I can't remember the name of but he recieved it for the 70's film Stay Hungry in which he acted alongside Sally Field.He plays a fairly quirky (unusual,strange) type of bb'ing character in the film

powerforward

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 11:43:38 AM »
believe he won the ward for best newcomer for stay hungry.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 09:27:09 PM »
I think Arnold was nominated for best supporting actor, but didn't win, for his role in Stay Hungry.

I could be wrong though.