Author Topic: Primobolan Not Legal in DR  (Read 2495 times)

The Coach

Primobolan Not Legal in DR
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- According to the official in charge of the agency which regulates pharmaceutical drugs in the Dominican Republic, Primobolan was not available for legal purchase, over-the-counter or with a prescription in his country between 2001 and 2003.

New York Daily News
Yuri Sucart would have had to tap the underground market to obtain Primobolan, a doctor told ESPNDeportes.com.
Dr. Pia Veras, who oversees the regulatory agency, told ESPNdeportes.com that Primobolan is known as "boli" in the streets of Dominican Republic, and was not legal for purchase during the aforementioned years.

"What Alex Rodriguez stated at the press conference [in Tampa] doesn't make sense," Veras said. "It is important for us to clarify that such substance has not been registered and is not currently registered for legal sale in Dominican pharmacies -- not now and the same applies for the years 2001 to 2003."

A representative of Rodriquez's disputed the accuracy of the ESPNDeportes.com report.

Veras allowed ESPNdeportes.com to check the official records of the agency, which oversees, monitors and tracks the pharmaceutical inventory that is legally sold in the Dominican Republic.

ESPNdeportes.com reached out to numerous pharmacies in locations such as La Romana, Santiago, San Pedro de Macoris, Bani and barrios like Juan Baron and Palenque. The result was identical: each pharmacy reported that the substance Primobolan is not available for legal purchase, over-the-counter or even with a prescription.

Contrary to Primobolan, testosterone is available as an over-the-counter steroid in Dominican pharmacies.

Rodriguez, who tested positive to Primobolan and testosterone, as reported by SI, said Tuesday at Yankees spring training that his cousin, Yuri Sucart, repeatedly injected him from 2001 to '03 with a mysterious substance from the Dominican Republic. Rodriguez explained that they bought the over-the-counter drug, which he termed "boli," from a pharmacy in the Dominican Republic.

"The same applies for the period of time [2001-03] as mentioned in Alex Rodriguez's confession," added Vera, who conducted an examination of official records in chronological order starting in the year 2000. "And we do keep track of every single product which means that no pharmacy can legally sell a substance if it's not properly registered here".

Dr. Milton Pinedo, president of the Dominican Federation of Sports Medicine, said that the substance Primobolan is available in the underground market of the Dominican Republic.

"No pharmacy carries this product; no pharmacy has this product as registered in its inventory," sadi Pinedo, who oversees the anti-doping testing of Dominican athletes at Olympic level prior to international competitions. "You can get this but you have to go to the underground market."

Another alternative is the Internet.

"A quick search will show that there's a huge market out there which means that you don't need to travel to the Dominican Republic to get this stuff -- you simply need a credit card," Pinedo added. "Legally, no one here sells Primobolan."

http://momentumperform.proboards58.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=sportnews&thread=92
Yoel Adames is a contributor to ESPNdeportes.com.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Primobolan Not Legal in DR
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »
A-Rod is a dumbass and he is F'd royally.

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
A-Rod is a dumbass and he is F'd royally.

Yes he is.....I heard this morning on Colin Cowherd that MLB is considering suspension. Dudes a pathalogical lier.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »
Yes he is.....I heard this morning on Colin Cowherd that MLB is considering suspension. Dudes a pathalogical lier.

ALL the players who have admitted use have been forgiven and moved on ie: Giambi, Pettite.  The one's who insist on lying ie: Bonds, Clemmens and now A-Rob get blasted.  Just come clean already when you know they are going to investigate the crap out of it....egotistical idiots.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »
why is he being suspended in 2009 for soemthing baseball knew about in 2003 (or whenever he failed this test?)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:38 PM »
Oh yeah, like he's any worse then Bonds or Sosa or McGwire or Giambi...who were all juiced to the tits :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
A-Rod is complete jackass. From his narcissistic behavior...to his cheating on his wife while she was pregnant with his second child...to his choking up in the playoffs...to his ridiculous lies in his lame press conference "confession"...the guy sucks. He may be a first ballot HOF talent, but I enjoy rooting against him.
!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
why is he being suspended in 2009 for soemthing baseball knew about in 2003 (or whenever he failed this test?)

He won't be.  The union will shred Selig if he tries it.  The tests were promised to be anonymous.   They should be going after the people that spilled the information that was supposed to be legally sealed.

As much as I can't stand ARod the person, the fact is he's admitted more than any other player has, but the press wants more details.  He shouldn't address it any further.

Y

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »
why would anyone ever question that he used Test? he used test and GH just like anyone with half a brain who wants to get bigger and stronger does and he lied and said Primobolan because he had to say he took SOMETHING and most people know Primobolan is weak as shit even for a woman so it doesn't make him sound like an out and out juice freak.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »
He won't be.  The union will shred Selig if he tries it.  The tests were promised to be anonymous.   They should be going after the people that spilled the information that was supposed to be legally sealed.

As much as I can't stand ARod the person, the fact is he's admitted more than any other player has, but the press wants more details.  He shouldn't address it any further.

No he hasn't admitted more than others.  The players who admitted, Giambi and Pettite, have been forgiven.  He's just one of the jackasses who keeps lying about it.  I agree that the people who released the anonymous info should be held legally culpable, but it won't change anything about his situation.  If he wanted to do something public, he should have really admitted what he did.  The little dog and pony show just set him up for exactly what is happening to him. 

Jizzacked

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
all those kabbalah classes with madonna really got him on the righteous path in life

guy is just a straight up unlikable fruit, while I don't disagree with his actions (juicing, not the lie spinning) I think as an individual he is a complete gaylord and am somewhat enjoying his public crucifixion.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »
why would anyone ever question that he used Test? he used test and GH just like anyone with half a brain who wants to get bigger and stronger does and he lied and said Primobolan because he had to say he took SOMETHING and most people know Primobolan is weak as shit even for a woman so it doesn't make him sound like an out and out juice freak.

You are right QO.  I just can't believe he was either so arrogant, or so dumb, to think nobody was going to investigate his claims.  Either way, he is an f'n tool.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »

Didn't he test positive for Primo though? Heavy cycles actually aren't a good idea for many athletes. You do not want lots of weight, water retention and pumps (how you gonna play baseball if your chins and lower back gets real pumped and cramp up?).

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
Didn't he test positive for Primo though? Heavy cycles actually aren't a good idea for many athletes. You do not want lots of weight, water retention and pumps (how you gonna play baseball if your chins and lower back gets real pumped and cramp up?).
come on man you of all people should be able to see through his bullshit. ::)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 12:52:39 PM »
No he hasn't admitted more than others.  The players who admitted, Giambi and Pettite, have been forgiven.  He's just one of the jackasses who keeps lying about it.  I agree that the people who released the anonymous info should be held legally culpable, but it won't change anything about his situation.  If he wanted to do something public, he should have really admitted what he did.  The little dog and pony show just set him up for exactly what is happening to him. 

What difference does it make to anyone to know what he took  ???  I'm not a A Rod fan or hater but he is being treated more then just unfairly here. If any of us were in MLB at this time you would do the same, and if you were one of the first to be called into senate hearings you would be lying also  ::)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »

Do you expect him to roll over and tell the public who his dealer was?  ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »

Did he deny using test? I didn't see that in the article.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »

He tested positive for test and primo.

What difference does it make to anyone to know what he took  ???  I'm not a A Rod fan or hater but he is being treated more then just unfairly here. If any of us were in MLB at this time you would do the same, and if you were one of the first to be called into senate hearings you would be lying also  ::)

The jackass isn't before the senate. He is talking to the fans and expecting them to swallow his bullshit. He only used from 2001-2003, conveniently stopping before joining the Yankees? And all the while he never really knew what he was taking, yet continued sticking a needle in his ass? Give us all a break...he should just 'fess up.
!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
Do you expect him to roll over and tell the public who his dealer was?  ::)
never said that, i was just questioning the hormone he claims to have used when anyone with half a brain knows that he used test. ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

Wrong.  Why make assumptions about what I would or wouldn't do?  NO WAY I would lie to congress/senate.  Just do what McGwire did and not really say anything.  Lying is why Clemmens and Bonds are still in the shit.  Why can't people understand that...

If I was in A-Rod's shoes, I would just admit what I took, say I did it to be better and that I no longer do.  If it still stayed too hot, I would just hold a press conference and tell everyone to fuck off and disappear with all my cash forever.  AND I would tell the HOF that I don't want to be considered for it....with no Pete Rose it's a joke anyway... 8)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
A-rod probably told the truth by lying.
I've been to the Dominican.you get ANYTHING you want there.drugs,girls,steroids.
C'mon guys lets be real here steroid dealers are not the most honest bunch of people you'd ever meet.
just because it say one thing on the label that doesn't mean thats whats in the vial.
people in DR will tell you anything to make a buck.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:27:54 PM »
i googled boli and this is what came up... blah, blah, blah...............

HOLI BOLI! WHAT IS IT?
What is it that Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez had his cousin inject into him?

Most likely is was a product called Dimetabol.

Dimetabol is a mixture of vitamins and the steroid Nandrolone. This mix is very popular because the vitamins are meant to mask the steroid agent. It is also popular because users can say they thought they were taking a vitamin shot if they are ever caught during doping tests.

This particular substance is manufactured by a Mexican veterinary supply company and is intended for use on cattle and horses during periods of stress or after birth to aid recovery and weight gain.

The vitamins in the mix provide the "energy boost" that "A" was referring to.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid. It works by increasing the growth of certain tissues in the body and has been shown to improve the oxygen-carrying ability of blood by increasing hemoglobin and the size of red blood cells.

So the steroid also will help in the energy and stamina department by aiding in the flow of oxygen while increasing muscle growth.

Nandrolone may cause liver tumors or bloody cysts in the liver and spleen. It also causes a decrease in good cholesterol (HDL) and an increase in bad cholesterol (LDL), seriously increasing the risk of developing hardening of the arteries and heart disease.

Dimetabol very popular drug among Dominican baseball players because it is cheap and readily available.

body88

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »
Did you guys read the post today?  A Rod is fucked!  These are the least of his problems.  All he has to do was be honest:

Embattled Yankee Alex Rodriguez has had a long relationship with a steroid-linked trainer who's been banned from major league clubhouses, four independent sources told the Daily News.

Angel Presinal, who was banned from private areas of every MLB ballpark after an October 2001 incident involving an unmarked gym bag full of steroids, has been tight with the Yankee slugger dating back to his time with the Texas Rangers, several sources said.

A former New York-area scout says Presinal, whose named surfaced in the Mitchell Report, was with Rodriguez in New York and Miami as recently as this past fall.

MLB has warned players to stay away from him.

He has been thrown out of clubhouses in Cleveland, Anaheim and Texas.

"He's an unsavory character," said a source.

Another source said Presinal accompanied A-Rod for the entire 2007 season, staying in the same hotel as the A.L. MVP, but in a separate room with the "cousin" Rodriguez pegged three days ago as his steroid source from 2001-03.

The cousin was identified Thursday as Yuri Sucart.

The source said Rodriguez avoided being seen in public with Presinal.

"He was around Alex in 2007," the source said of Presinal. "Every hotel they went to, he stayed in the same room with Yuri. You would never see Alex with [Presinal]. They would meet in one of their rooms."

The Mitchell Report, released in December 2007, described the investigation that followed the 2001 incident at a Toronto airport, first reported by the Daily News in 2006, where Presinal told law enforcement the bag containing drugs belonged to then-Indians star Juan Gonzalez.

Presinal was not around A-Rod and the Yankees during the 2008 season, the source said, but Sucart remained a constant presence around Rodriguez, at home and on the road.

"Yuri is his driver," the source said. "He takes care of him all the time. His clothes, his food; he's with Alex every day."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman was aware of Presinal's name but said that the exiled trainer had no official ties to the team.

"He's never had any association with the Yankees," Cashman said. "Whether he knows our players or has worked with any of our players, I wouldn't be able to confirm that."

A-Rod agent Scott Boras would not comment on his client's relationship with Presinal, who runs a gym at the Palacio del los Deportes in Santo Domingo. Presinal also did not return multiple calls.

"Several people have warned Alex about this guy," said a second source.

MLB began monitoring Presinal's relationships with players after the bag containing five ampules of anabolic steroids, the anabolic drug clenbuterol and hypodermic needles, was seized by the Canadian Border Service Agency in 2001

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
Did you guys read the post today?  A Rod is fucked!  These are the least of his problems. 

What was said ???

body88

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 01:31:58 PM »