Author Topic: Who here has had severe injury, and got hooked on opiates?  (Read 8326 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Who here has had severe injury, and got hooked on opiates?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »
Chainsaw, you know that Subutex, and Suboxone would be great for you to stay on for your chronic pain.Since you prefer the Subutex, you could use them instead of narcotic opiates like Lortitabs,Perocsets, and Oxicotins. If you look at recent studies, people with chronic pain have chosen to use Subutex on a daily basis rather then use narcotic pain killers.Because they dont get you high, and you dont need nearly the dosage.I know a man who has chronic pain , he got injured in the military active duty.He  takes 20 mg of Subutex a day.He says Subutex saved his life.Before Subutex he a life of constant pain, and he didnt want to take pain killers because when he took them he couldnt function.
Chainsaw since you have so many injuries, and seem to have alot of muscle, you might have to get on a maintenence dosage of Subutex, so you dont live everyday life with chronic pain.They say that 16 mg , 8 mg twice a day is what is recomended for people who live in chronic pain.I wish you luck chainsaw...god bless

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »
Exactly what Im saying.   The Naldroxone in the suboxone does interfere with the action of Subutex.  I can speak for myself, as well as other people that I've seen taking it.  I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE JUNKIE PARTIER THAT TAKES A HANDFUL OF PILLS TO GET OFF.  I'M SPEAKING OF SOMEONE WITH BACK INJURIES, CHRONIC PAIN, THAT TAKE A PERSCRIBED DOSAGE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.  JUNKIES WILL NEED NALDROXONE, cause they are addicted to the high, not just withdrawling from a perscribed dose.

I was at 253lb when I went in and my pain killer use was off the charts and my withdrawls were extreme.  They game me 12mg of subs which induced more withdrawl a valium tab and an injection on Diazanon(I think thats how you spell it)....I finally was not feeling withdrawl, but here was my suboxone schedule, they wanted me to do it for 12 weeks, but not having a job it was not economically feasible for me.  Here is what I did and it worked for suboxone
Day 1: 20mg
Day 2: 16mg
Day 3: 8mg
Day 4: 4mg
Day 5: 2mg
Day 6: 2mg

I felt W/D for 3 days, but they were very minor.  Nothing like the ones while off of Roxies and Nubain.  The longer your on Subs, the harder it will be to get off, W/D's are just as bad, even though you cannot buzz from it.  When your off of subs you will be overly sensitive and depressed, subs last in your system for about 3-4 days after your last dose.  Get ready for the depression, it's tough.  My workouts were nuts though.  I am up to the high 250's now and my body started to grow like a weed.
You dont need as much as the doc will give you, it is a mind thing after your original opiate gets out of your system.  Subs work, but dont use them for long. It's trading one drug for another trust me.
It will be months until you feel normal, but thats the bed we must sleep in.  PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 07:08:44 PM »
Lapdances are a good way to take your mind off pain and drugs.
Find a stripper that will trade her services for your pills. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »
I never had an injury I just like taking pills ;D

Percocet = good but it made me constipated
Vicodin/Lortab = great but use cold water extraction to ensure your liver is safe.

I've been off for two months but can definatly see how people get addicted.  Your tolerance level builds very fast.  I was up to 5, 10/500 mg lortabs.  Four weeks prior I was good fucked up off of two.

As far as withdraw symptoms....yes they sucked but I just delt with it.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »
I never had an injury I just like taking pills ;D

Percocet = good but it made me constipated
Vicodin/Lortab = great but use cold water extraction to ensure your liver is safe.

I've been off for two months but can definatly see how people get addicted.  Your tolerance level builds very fast.  I was up to 5, 10/500 mg lortabs.  Four weeks prior I was good fucked up off of two.

As far as withdraw symptoms....yes they sucked but I just delt with it.

Get liv 52 at wholefoods to clear out that acetominofin from youre liver.  It truely works google it.
Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
Chainsaw, you know that Subutex, and Suboxone would be great for you to stay on for your chronic pain.Since you prefer the Subutex, you could use them instead of narcotic opiates like Lortitabs,Perocsets, and Oxicotins. If you look at recent studies, people with chronic pain have chosen to use Subutex on a daily basis rather then use narcotic pain killers.Because they dont get you high, and you dont need nearly the dosage.I know a man who has chronic pain , he got injured in the military active duty.He  takes 20 mg of Subutex a day.He says Subutex saved his life.Before Subutex he a life of constant pain, and he didnt want to take pain killers because when he took them he couldnt function.
Chainsaw since you have so many injuries, and seem to have alot of muscle, you might have to get on a maintenence dosage of Subutex, so you dont live everyday life with chronic pain.They say that 16 mg , 8 mg twice a day is what is recomended for people who live in chronic pain.I wish you luck chainsaw...god bless

You are very correct except, subutex is ONLY licensed for withdrawl from credidted drs.  CAnt understand that one, big business I guess.  It is an amazing drug, but after surgery, I do need the heavier stuff for a week or two.  But, subutex 8mg is fantastic, and I'm  glead that someone here does ageree with me.  Props!  Everyone is different, but This is an alternative to nubain and oxy,, after immediate injury sugery.  Get this though, the injectable buprenorphine, is licensed for pain relief, but not the subutex thats for detox and has to be offlable perscribed for pain.  I've done both, and the IM injection is better for pain.l..Great Post.
Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
I was at 253lb when I went in and my pain killer use was off the charts and my withdrawls were extreme.  They game me 12mg of subs which induced more withdrawl a valium tab and an injection on Diazanon(I think thats how you spell it)....I finally was not feeling withdrawl, but here was my suboxone schedule, they wanted me to do it for 12 weeks, but not having a job it was not economically feasible for me.  Here is what I did and it worked for suboxone

I felt W/D for 3 days, but they were very minor.  Nothing like the ones while off of Roxies and Nubain.  The longer your on Subs, the harder it will be to get off, W/D's are just as bad, even though you cannot buzz from it.  When your off of subs you will be overly sensitive and depressed, subs last in your system for about 3-4 days after your last dose.  Get ready for the depression, it's tough.  My workouts were nuts though.  I am up to the high 250's now and my body started to grow like a weed.
You dont need as much as the doc will give you, it is a mind thing after your original opiate gets out of your system.  Subs work, but dont use them for long. It's trading one drug for another trust me.
It will be months until you feel normal, but thats the bed we must sleep in.  PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Great job, I hope we can help someone here that may be embarresed to seek help.  I know i was at first.
Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
It's still a battle, it's amazing the long term damage those things (opiates) do to your brain.  I am far from cured, but I am doing better than I was.  It's having to adapt to normal life again.  That is the hard thing and dealing with all the surpressed emotions and the things you did during your addiction.  It is very depressing and dark.  I wouldn't wish my life on my worse enemy. 

Hang in there and get you're strength back.  It's tough, you're on pain pills for youre back, but it takes pain away from everywhere, so when you stop, you find you've been straining muscles all the time and not feeling it, and the withdrawl will certainly remind you of that.

This is turning into a good thread fella's, and I hope it can help 1 or more people.  PM me if AnyONE needs a little guidance on this issue.
Most are all show no go!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »
suck it up. You a gettbigger, you can handle anything.
A

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »
Hang in there and get you're strength back.  It's tough, you're on pain pills for youre back, but it takes pain away from everywhere, so when you stop, you find you've been straining muscles all the time and not feeling it, and the withdrawl will certainly remind you of that.

This is turning into a good thread fella's, and I hope it can help 1 or more people.  PM me if AnyONE needs a little guidance on this issue.

Thanks bro :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
Never had an opiate problem. Took vicodin before and I hated the effects because it was an absolute drag down that made me tired and edgy.

Worst I've had is a drinking problem which I corrected. All addiction problems are correctable if you have the right amount of will power and positives things around you.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »
For me suboxins are a life saver.  This is my second time on them.  One week on them got me off of a 3 month Roxy bender.  After my mom passed, I relapsed on the Roxies.  The withdraws were terrible.  Sweats, night terrors, irritability.  Back on the Suboxin now.  If it weren't for the sub's, I'd probably have gotten fired from my job.
\

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »
Fucking junkies

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »
im using xanax and opiates everyday,for the last 2 years or so.i started off using vicodens and percs when i was doing my routine,lifting weights and grappling.ive tried getting off but its hard as hell,im gonna try your method though,thanks bro
R

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 01:02:31 AM »

Exactly myfriend and good luck with your future health.  You did a protocal similar to mine.  Lets hope that
people out there and there are right now understand that they CAN GET OFF WITHOUT MASSIVE BASKETBALL DIARIE'S KIND OF
WITHDRAWL.  The reason you went into withdrawl at first is because they gave you the Suboxone too soon.  You should have probably
waited a little longer for the first withdrawl to accellerate a bit further..

Good luck to ya.  I'm proud of ya tool.  Withdrawl from opiates is the HARDEST THINIG I'VE EVER  HAD TO GO THROUGH MYSELF, UNTIL
i FOUND MY DR takanimi in los angels and when I moved to Vegas, I had a very good detox dr Named Michael Levy.

I urge anyone who is/ or is expecting to get off long term opiate use with questions to PM me, and i'd be happy to help.
C

Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 01:11:08 AM »

I do that now with back pain ect.  But after surgery, I did need something more stronger.  My dr didn't want me to take to much subutex because you are right, it is Less addicting not totally free of addiction.  But in context to opiate's, pure atagonists with no receptor blockers are the real culprit.

I will get a 2mg script to keep around of subutex, after a couple months of nothing, the subutex will work better, and maybe with just 2,4, or 8mgs as needed.  Sounds like some of you guys know you're shit.  We very on small things, but when it comes to opiates, ive seen people stop coold turkey with very little side effects,  Unfortunately most of us are not like that.  Spread the word and people like Brad Renfro, Anna smiths kid, and the joker whats his name, that won the award might be with us today.
Most are all show no go!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 01:19:05 AM »
Americans seem to love painkiller more then they love themself

haha, seriously. Whats wrong with this "nation"?  :-\

all painkiller, sweeteners, and junk food.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 01:55:39 AM »
I did get some opiates intravenous after my knee surgery, but these where necessary.

I hated the feeling, being sleepy and drowsy all the time. After that, i had a slight addiction on the Ibuprofen i took some weeks long after the surgery, but that also stopped. It was crazy, at the time i would suddenly feel pain somewhere and *had to* take ibuprofen against it.

After a while i figuered out this was total bullshit, so i stopped taking anything.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 08:24:12 AM »
haha, seriously. Whats wrong with this "nation"?  :-\

all painkiller, sweeteners, and junk food.

Go ahead and have back surgery without painkillers pal.  Or Rotator Cuff  or kneee replacement surgery.
This just goes to prove that you didn't read the thread and should probably observe this isn't about JUskies
watching Fast times at ridgemont High, its about serious injries that require long term therapy and range of motion
therapy ect.
Most are all show no go!

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »
People have no idea how insidious and tough an opiate addiction is. Most of the time the people addicted are not junkies but injured people healing or people who like the feeling and don't realize how bad they are. Suboxone is the best treatment. Methadone is the worst!!

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 08:44:14 AM »
i tore my bicep and got hooked on pussy

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
Chainsaw, would you ever have sucked some dick for drug money? Somebody PM'd me that question to pose to you. I won't name him.
$

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
A recent poll showed that some cities actually have  decently high levels of Prozac, and opiates in the water, I kid you not.They did test and people in the cities are consuming so much prescrition medication its showing up in the water.
You ask how, well when you urinate it leaves you body and gets into the water system.I dont remember the cities, but it was an interesting find.
Thats some crazy sh$# huh,? lol. Imagine feeling loopy one day because you got a good dose of Prozac from drinking some water, lol.Or gettig totally sh$# faced because you got a good dose of Oxycontin from drinking a glass of water.This is highly unlikely, but its is something to think about

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
I'd rather smoke marijuana for pain relief or take a benzo

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »
Go ahead and have back surgery without painkillers pal.  Or Rotator Cuff  or kneee replacement surgery.
This just goes to prove that you didn't read the thread and should probably observe this isn't about JUskies
watching Fast times at ridgemont High, its about serious injries that require long term therapy and range of motion
therapy ect.

what about advil and similar products? most americans seem to pop these every single day.